210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#494 5 years ago

Retheming to make a Willy Wonka would be a waste of the Wonka theme.

#510 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Ha awesome!
Kinda like the Karate Kid:

Theory, more like delusion. The guy has been off his lithium too long.

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

God I hope not, better be Lawlor

I would listen to mnpinball.

#516 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not sure when things changed but for the past year or 2 i thought/was told pat was on toy s but i heard this week from someone usually pretty reliable that hopefully at tpf pat/jjp will be releasing wonka. I like toy s but i love pat/ di so I'll probably be getting wonka.

To me it makes a lot of sense if Eric does Toy Story since it was a movie more for/from his generation, and Wonka was Pat's generation. Both movies do transcend generations to an extent though.

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

NOW THAT IS JUST FUNNY! YOU HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR MY FRIEND.

What is with the yelling?

#606 5 years ago

If JJP actually makes Wonka, GNR, TS and HP in the next two to three years then they may actually become a thriving company....if they can get their manufacturing speed up to snuff.

1 week later
#1026 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Whats this?
[quoted image]

likely the slot machine

#1050 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So this must mean that Wonka LE is going to cost either $10k or $11k!

Jump the shark pricing will not be ideal for sales.

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh if the theme fits it will.

I don't think any theme will sell much more than 2000 units at $10k or more.

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

If you look at Pinside ownership of JJP games as prices have gone up ownership has gone down.

My point is that they need more sales and raising prices up that high will kill off the chances of at least two-thirds of potential buyers. I don't think manufacturers can rely on theme alone to get high volume sales because premium prices takes out a large portion of the buying community.

JJP needs a full-featured version at around $7200 like Stern to get decent volume sales. If they can't ever get their sales numbers up by pricing competitively with other manufacturers then I don't see them surviving. They simply have too much overhead to not necessitate increasing volume.

#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Even though a 7200 full featured game from JJP would be cool, I don't see it happening. That's not their target market. They are producing games for the higher end market. So 8500 plus is where they will stay for all versions. They are leaving the 5-7k games for Stern. Besides, the value is there by comparison. I don't think anyone can argue that JJP pins are not loaded with features compared to Stern games.

Quoted from arcadem:

I bet you say the same thing about BMW'S, MBZ'S, AUDI'S, etc. There are quality focused buyers for just about everything and those are the kind of people that see the value in JJP'S games and are willing to pay for it. Those who don't buy Chevy's, Ford's, etc. and ......Stern's.

By most reports and rumors/speculation, JJP has been losing a lot of money. I guess they can continue with that business plan for a while longer, but how much longer? Also, carguments don't work here. JJP does not have an automated manufacturing process with many decades of reputation building and a wide range of buyers. Wonka will sell some by theme/name alone, but if they stay in the highest range of pricing without offering a competitive premium version (they call it a Standard version) then sales will still disappoint (just not as much as POTC) because Wonka is more beloved by more pinball people than POTC.

#1073 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I love the full featured JJP pins but I do wonder what a $6k JJP could look like. Maybe they could offer a pro, LE and CE version of their future games. If JJP could make a $6k pro level version of their future games with the same quality cabinet, build quality, and coding as they do today, just with less features, then I think they would take a huge bite out of Sterns marketshare.
However, I also know that JJP has wanted to avoid stripping down gameplay features across models. If they want to compete with Stern in the $6k pro level market they would be forced to offer multiple versions of games. Personally I hope they don't do this but I also want to see them around long term.

I don't want JJP to make pros. I would just like to see what they could do with the same exact pricing (Premium/LE/CE) as Stern while increasing their manufacturing speed and capacity to have a better chance at generating more revenue to head towards profitability.

#1084 5 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

I really love Willy Wonka theme... one of my favorites.. this is one game I am looking forward to..the possibilties..oh the possibilities.. . makes me happy just thinking about it.

It is an awesome pinball theme for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.99
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.