210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#176 5 years ago

I agree with those who say WW is next but I think TS would be a better choice because more potential customers could relate to it and the theme for TS is very family friendly. But, once again, my vote is for a Harry Potter based pin. Too bad that the licensors don't seem to be interested.

2 weeks later
#221 5 years ago

With all of the speculation about WW being the next JJP pin, I decided to re-watch the Gene Wilder version of the movie to figure out what that pin might consist of. And, it hit me that it could be made rather easily as a re-skin of WOZ. Replace the Yellow Brick road with the Chocolate River and make the upper play fields versions of key elements of the factory and the elevator. Replace the haunted forest with oompa loompas, etc. Doing that would save money and time and make it feasible to do 2 titles in 2019. Oh hell, Pat Lawlor and Jack know better than me but, it's just a thought. Crazy, huh?

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What do I know, but I don't see any way that they would do a re-skin of WOZ. They are about to release a Yellow Brick Road edition of WOZ, so they won't want to compete with themselves. Also, WOZs are still in production and selling. It's not like it is a 10-20 year old game that they would re-skin. And, a decent chunk of their consumer base already has owned or currently owns a WOZ, so they would likely lose most of them as customers.
I think Willy Wonka is a killer theme that deserves a brand new layout and brand new toys. I hope JJP does it and hits it out of the park. I will be in line to buy one!

Yes, I know about the YBR WOZ but they could still do as I suggest with WW based on the WOZ platform and release it as the second pin in late 2019 after they issue the long rumored TS. As far as negatively affecting WOZ sales I think it's days may be running out and the YBR may be simply an attempt to squeeze out a few more sales. WOZ is a great franchise and I love my WOZRR but it cannot be a feature pin for JJP much longer. How many sales do you really foresee for a YBR that probably won't have many feature changes beyond yellow body armor, maybe a new topper, and maybe some updated electronics. A reskinned WW could be one more way of coaxing some more milage (ROI) out out of a very successful platform. Isn't that what Stern has been doing very successfully? Anyways, just my random thoughts on what could done.......

#225 5 years ago

And here I thought I had an eureka moment. Oh well, enough on this. 2019 should be a fun year in pinball. I cannot wait to see what new games I will see at the TPF.

4 weeks later
#284 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love the Willy Wonka theme.
Hopefully they can announce it and ship it shortly thereafter
JJP could finally have some huge hit themes on their hands

What am I missing? Although the different games appeal to different people (I don't like DI, you do) I think all of JJP'S efforts have been commercial and artistic successes. Like you, I am anxiously awaiting what's next. I am confident that whatever it is, it will be great. Even if it is GNR, though I hope not.

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wow, and no.....played it a bunch..I don't hate it, just don't like it, with theme being the major culprit. Good grief....

Ditto.

3 weeks later
#349 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Yup, I asked this exact question a few weeks ago and was told they would remove some of the more problematic mechs from the playfield (the castle doors for example) and that there would be a yellow brick road version, plus a new "thing". Whatever a "thing" is is still TBD.

What problematic things are you referencing. My WOZ RR is 14 months old now and has never had a problem. Should I be worried? In fact, all 3 of my JJP's (POTC LE and THBA) have been pretty much bullet proof...

#402 5 years ago

I don't have much interest in a Wonka pin but I said the same thing 2 years ago about the POTC pin that I now happily own. So, I am remaining open to it's possibilities. But, I am more interested in a Toy Story or Harry Potter based pin.

#449 5 years ago

That is bs to blame JJP for the impact of sales taxes voted in by your legislature. If you don't like sales taxes vote the people out who pass them but don't blame businesses that have to collect them. Or do you think that JJP should absorb them on your behalf????

#487 5 years ago

Hate to tell you but this idea has already been floated around on this forum as well as reskinning DI. And, here you thought you had a great and original idea.

#503 5 years ago

What downturn? Nothing goes up for ever but I think pinball demand will remain strong. What signs are you seeing that validate your gloomy forecast?

#539 5 years ago

Can any one tell me which JJP video on YouTube explains how Liar's dice is played in the game. My wife had an outstanding game today and was well on her way when she got the Liars dice screen. She did not know how to proceed and I didn't either. I gave her some stupid direction and she lost half of her accumulated score. I would not want to have to guess how to proceed again. So, help please...

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

The podcast that shall not be named says no JJP reveal at TPF.

WELL, THAT IS JUST STUPID ISN'T IT. HOPE IT'S WRONG.

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

NOW THAT IS JUST FUNNY! YOU HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR MY FRIEND.

#641 5 years ago

If all that Kaneda says is correct, it will be very hard for me to pass on an Oktoberfest. I will check it out closely at the TPF and go from there. JJP pins are always my top choice but I just am not that crazy about WW and TS probably won't show up until early 2020.

#791 5 years ago

Too bad Dr.Frightner could not find a place for a Hobbit in his top 10 list. Must be a 'theme' thing; not scary huh?
I like my THBA every bit as much as my POTC LE and my WOZRR. It is a really great game with great call outs and with all of the IP that is has, it is just plain fun, especially with the new code. It is a keeper for me but then, so are my other JJP's. Can't wait for what's next.

1 week later
#983 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Whenever it’s ready to “release AND ship”
I’d say finish up POTC, get the line ready for Wonka and off we go!
My guess is May ish? Especially if two games are coming in 2019

Maybe they will show what ever is next at the Tacoma (Northwest Pinball) show at the end of May. Fingers crossed!

#988 5 years ago

See post #983 from an hour ago

#1068 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

My point is that they need more sales and raising prices up that high will kill off the chances of at least two-thirds of potential buyers.
JJP needs a full-featured version at around $7200 like Stern to get decent volume sales. If they can't ever get their sales numbers up by pricing competitively with other manufacturers then I don't see them surviving. They simply have too much overhead to not necessitate increasing volume.

I bet you say the same thing about BMW'S, MBZ'S, AUDI'S, etc. There are quality focused buyers for just about everything and those are the kind of people that see the value in JJP'S games and are willing to pay for it. Those who don't buy Chevy's, Ford's, etc. and ......Stern's.

#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

By most reports and rumors/speculation, JJP has been losing a lot of money. I guess they can continue with that business plan for a while longer, but how much longer? Also, carguments don't work here. JJP does not have an automated manufacturing process with many decades of reputation building and a wide range of buyers. Wonka will sell some by theme/name alone, but if they stay in the highest range of pricing without offering a competitive premium version (they call it a Standard version) then sales will still disappoint (just not as much as POTC) because Wonka is more beloved by more pinball people than POTC.

Not a "cargument". I guess you cannot understand the analogy I made about qualty and value in any product, be it a car or a pinball, in explaining both pricing and buying and how those factors in particular influence buyers decisions. Not a cargument. If those things are important to you, I'll hazard a guess you will find a way to buy JJP pins new or used. If not, there will always be a Stern available to you.

3 weeks later
#1360 5 years ago

Gee, 11500 vs. 7400. Hard to say. Not.

1 week later
#1600 4 years ago

Adding to all the speculation here re. game features, it would be cool if the game had a topper modeled along the lines of a Wonkanator with Willy, Charlie, and Grandpa Joe figures inside it and RGB lighting that pulsed to the music. I could see that as a feature at least on the CE (Ala the POTC CE's glass bottle ship topper).

#1604 4 years ago

I like your thinking but I could also use it to hide the game from my wife until she gets over the shock of my having bought a CE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-?tu=arcadem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.