210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amused_to_death.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I rewatched the 1964 willy wonka yesterday. The movie is one of my top ten films in life.

Well, then you should know the movie was released in 1971.

Roald Dahl‘s book came out in 1964.

1 month later
#1266 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Couldn't see if it had the Flying Monkey or not

Monkey is gone. So is the right side door on the mini castle playfield.

#1282 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Its a fucking pinball machine. There is no reason for the thing to be 10K. I buy cars all day long for half that. Not many people can afford to pull 10K out of their ass for a pinball machine.

How many can afford to pull $200K to $300K out of their ass for an Aston Martin, Ferrari, or McLaren? And yet more of those are sold every year than any of Jack's "overpriced" pinball machines.

Everyone has their own passion and their own limitations on what they're willing to spend in pursuit of happiness. I have family and friends who waste more money chasing a little white ball into a hole every year than I will ever spend on a new pinball machine.

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Listening to people trying to justify JJP prices after each price increase gets funnier and funnier

I'm not trying to justify the price. Someone brought up buying cars for less money than WOZ. I thought it was worth mentioning that you can also buy cars that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's a pointless argument. Buy what you want. Eat what you want, too. Life is short. Who cares what others are doing with their money?

1 week later
#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Hat tip to Kaneda on his most recent podcast. There will be several songs from the original movie in the game

This is surprising?

I believe Kaneda said there will be four songs. Let's take a guess:

1. The Candy Man
2. (I've Got a) Golden Ticket
3. Pure Imagination
4. I Want It Now

That leaves out Cheer Up Charlie, which pretty much no one likes. LOL!

It leaves out the Oompa Loompa songs, too, but there are four of them: Sweets, Gum, Brat, and TV. I could see where snippets of the Oompa bits would play out on the LCD, but not necessarily be considered as part of the music.

Musically, the main themes are Pure Imagination and Golden Ticket. Both are part of the film's Main Title sequence, and Pure Imagination makes up the End Title sequence.

#1507 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No Oompa Loompa song and I’m out.

LOL! I'm not saying I wouldn't include the Oompa Loompas. I guess I'm questioning Kaneda's number of songs and/or questioning whether someone told him about "music" or actual "songs." Musically, the two themes are Pure Imagination and Golden Ticket. You can have instrumentals of those playing in the BG throughout the course of the game. If you're counting actual songs, with lyrics, there are a total of 9 of them in the film, and it would be hard to whittle them down to just 4. I would consider The Candy Man, (I've Got a) Golden Ticket, Pure Imagination, and I Want It Now as requirements, and that would leave no room for anything else. And, if you're going to try to include the Oompa Loompa song, which one do you plan to include? There are four versions. I would think it would be better to include a small snippet, or several snippets, perhaps one for each of four game modes for the naughty children, rather than trying to include an entire Oompa Loompa song as something that plays in the BG. And that puts us back to questioning what constitutes a "song" according to Kaneda or his pigeon. LOL!

#1510 5 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

...and an ultimate Wizard Mode that has that magical feel you get from the movie for the cherry on top.

The ultimate wizard mode would have to be where the Wonkavator bursts out of the machine. Hopefully, there will be an option to leave Invisglass off of the CE. A needless expense if we’re having to replace the glass on a regular basis.

#1579 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Special Oompa Loompa version ships in 2023 with even more stripped features and a price increase for glitter on the playfield.

No glitter. A chocolate river. "It's industrial waste, that. You've ruined your watershed, Wonka. It's polluted." — Mr. Salt

#1581 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'll make a prediction... the camera does what Snapchat does. Takes your pictures and add's it to the game like you as a blueberry from that scene, something along those lines.

Uh, it's Wonkavision. Your photograph is split up into millions of tiny pieces, and they go whizzing through the air down to your TV set where they're all put together again in the right order.

Look at me, everybody; I'm the first person in the world to be sent by television. Wow, what a wild trip that was. It's the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. Am I coming in clear?

#1602 5 years ago

I can top your topper. I’m putting my CE INSIDE a Wonkavator. That way I can easily move its 400 lbs around my house: sideways and slantways and longways and backwards and squareways and frontways and any other ways my wife can think of.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,600 (OBO)
$ 32.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amused_to_death.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-?tu=amused_to_death and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.