210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adol75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 5 years ago

I would be first in line for a Wonka, as long as it's not a retheme of WOZ. If they do the same fantastic job they did on WOZ with theme integration, it will be a major hit.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

If Jack was the driving force behind Shrek then what makes you so confident he wouldn't do it at JJP? Saves a lot of R&D costs and perfect for a game like DI that shoots great but has a shitty theme.

Because Family Guy was on a very small market segment so it made sense to retheme it for a wider audience. Wonka and WOZ are not in the same situation at all, both are family themes, appeal to the same nostalgic fiber, but more than anything else there is still demand for WOZ and it would be a bit early and counterproductive for JJP to start retheming at game 5.

2 months later
#473 5 years ago

I've listened all the way to 42mn, then gave up it became quite boring. And Jack doesn't say anything that's written above except that they have 2 games scheduled for 2019 and that they want to announce them "ideally" when they are ready to ship. Then they mostly talk about general industrial considerations and mention Meunier and Lawlor designing, but as Jack says JJP has 2 designers, so it's not a surprise that they are designing pinball...

So in short, the "combined tidbits" are basically combined bs.

The one big new news actually not mentioned above is that Bandai Namco is now JJP distributor in Asia. He is also talking about licensing from them, which would open a bunch of doors. Quite the partnership Jack got there !

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I must have wrote that wrong. Wasn't implying I had this idea, I was saying what if the speculation is true? I can't fathom JJP suddenly releasing 2 pins in the same year when they can barely push out one game every 2 years. there HAS to be some sort of shortcut.

Hiring Pat Lawlor to do a retheme, that would be a major waste !

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Maybe he's not working on it, he's working on the next next game. He designed family guy, which became shrek.

Family Guy was aimed at a narrow audience so it made sense to retheme with a wider audience license. WOZ is a hit and there is still a lot of demand for it. WOZ and WW adress the same audience, it would make no sense to do a retheme.

In short : I'm willing to bet a 100$ on it.

#512 5 years ago

If WW is a standard body and TS isba wide then Pat is surely working on WW

#552 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That doesn't necessarily mean they are revealing anything. :p
If they are then we'll see if my theory is right on there not being any toy story pin in the works.

The plan is to release two games this year, they might reveal WiWo and keep Toy Story for later. Or they might reveal nothing and come with their current lineup which doesn't mean they are not working on anything by the way.

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I know the plan is to release two games this year. My bet is that toy story is not happening at all and is a completely unfounded rumor.

I’m willing to take that bet ! JJP obviously has ties with Disney and there is a new Toy Story movie coming out. So yes it is a rumor but it has some solid grounds too.

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

You’re forgetting a game between those two titles.

Which one ? GnR ? If yes then GnR would be first announced as the timing for Toy Story in fall would still fit well with the release of the movie.

#707 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

would LOVE to purchase a JJP POTC LE...used, in a year or two...but now production has finished. WTF? I wonder if these might be snapped up or hoarded and the thing never produced again...game is super duper awesome, who cares about the assets...

Isnt that what happened with WOZ, they stopped production and resumed it in between JJP 2 and 3 ? If there is still demand there arent much reason to stop production

2 weeks later
#1078 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

By most reports and rumors/speculation, JJP has been losing a lot of money. I guess they can continue with that business plan for a while longer, but how much longer? Also, carguments don't work here. JJP does not have an automated manufacturing process with many decades of reputation building and a wide range of buyers. Wonka will sell some by theme/name alone, but if they stay in the highest range of pricing without offering a competitive premium version (they call it a Standard version) then sales will still disappoint (just not as much as POTC) because Wonka is more beloved by more pinball people than POTC.

It's not uncommon for new business to start by loosing money. What matters is how the business can scale up, spread its R&D costs among multiple products, get better deals from suppliers through long term partnerships, reuse some mechs and streamline both new development and industrial production.

If they can achieve that and stay committed to their quality standard, then their price point is entirely consistent, they don't sell machine 5 times the price of their competitors, it's a thin price difference, and one that can be justified with the content they offer.

2 weeks later
#1231 5 years ago

It's worth what it's worth, but someone posted the trailer on Instagram, implied that JJP would release Toy Story pinball and JJP replied twice on it with a wink and a like. I say it's an unofficial rumor official confirmation, but I may be a dreamer !

#1250 5 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Ha, if only there were more time. I'm almost done refurbishing a Flying Carpet as a favor, next in line is a Space Mission - - - again, for someone else. And I tore down my STTNG for refurbishment and there it sits. Someday I'll get back to it. With a 50+ hour a week job, plus two young kids. Now if I win the Powerball this weekend.....I'll have more time. And I'll fund the manufacturing for TBL. Right.

So I hope you win Powerball, I'll be happy to buy a TBL from you !

#1352 5 years ago

Same here, I have 10k waiting in the bank for the Wonka reveal, hoping it blows my mind like WOZ did.

The only thing besides that that would send the money elsewhere is if DP sort things out with TBL. (I know, still day dreaming)

1 week later
#1478 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup Right now I'm 50 / 50 on whether or not Wonka will have as much in it as Dialed In. Either JJP is going to continue down the route of loading games up with a ton of stuff or will scale them back slightly to generate more profit.

Same here, I'm worried that JJP is stepping down on loading machines with toys and mechs like they used to, following what they started with YBR. Wonka is on my watch list and I'm eagerly waiting for the reveal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 32.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adol75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-?tu=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.