210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 5 years ago

Willy Wonka designed by Pat Lawlor sounds like an incredible pin

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I could see a re-skinned Dialed In easily. DI is a great player and should of just been named Quantum City. It's actually a shame that many are turned off just by the title alone. It could be a winner of a move to save costs and help shore up the bottom line.

That would be a slap in the face to Dialed In owners and a disservice to the game itself. The games layout should belong to Dialed In and Dialed In alone. A lot of people are not fans of rethemes either as they feel less value is being offered as all of the design work is already done yet the price is the same (or higher) then the original game.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Everything on JJP at this point is just a rumor. They are on life support with Pirates.

Life support? What are the facts to support that? There's no signs of JJP being on life support and that is a terrible rumor to start throwing around.

#116 5 years ago

So much negativity in this thread from people just wanting to discuss JJP's next game. Another train wreck of a thread.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Listen, when I said after Expo 2017 and TPF 2018 that JJP would have no white wood, no proto, and not even a title reveal at Expo 18, I was told I was full of it, what proof do I have, who is your source, downvoted....yada,yada, yada. What happened at Expo from JJP? Not a damn thing. All of the proverbial eggs are in the Pirates basket. Dialed In shit the bed, I stand by my statement.

That's false. JJP never said they would reveal a new pin at Expo 18, that was planned! After Pirates took longer then expected it became well known that JJP would wait a bit longer to reveal their next game so there wouldn't be as long of a gap between announcement and shipping. That reveal will occur at TPF 2019. Smart move by JJP.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Spot on. I sincerely hope they can keep the ball rolling(the investor) for a Wonka release. This could be the theme they need to sell on a WOZ level and turn the tides. Jack is just the face/voice of JJP these days, it's no longer his money.

Jack is still involved with the company on various levels from what I heard. In a podcast from earlier this year he said that he's heavily involved in the licensing aspect of the company.

1 week later
#203 5 years ago

If JJP #5 is Toy Story I just hope they have the license to use actor audio, animated clips with actor audio, and licensed music from the films. I just can't see spending $5k+, let alone $9k+, for a licensed themed pin that doesn't feature actor audio and clips from the movie(s). Willy Wonka would likely have all actor audio and video as well as a bunch of unique animations. Just take a look at any of the Willy Wonka slot machines, there's a ton of creativity in them and all feature licensed assets from the films. Personally I much rather have Willy Wonka with a ton of licensed assets then a Toy Story pin without them.

1 month later
#292 5 years ago

Glad to hear the rumors pointing to JJP # 5 as Willy Wonka. I think JJP will have another hit on their hands with that theme, especially since it will likely have licensed actor audio and video. Toy Story sounds good but only if JJP has the ability to use the original voice actor audio and clips from the films.

3 weeks later
#343 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The theme is fine, but the game is boring after a while. Even with the newer code, it's just too repetitive. Earned like crap after the first few months and was sold on the route I help with. I don't hear any operators saying it's a top earner these days.

Even the best shooting pins may not earn well on route, all depends on location, how the game is setup, etc. I was reading a route related thread the other day and one guy said the Hobbit was a terrible earner and another guy with 25 pins or so on route has Hobbit as their #1 earner.

I'll say this, I was very critical of Dialed In after the initial reveal and thought I would never own one. Well, I bought one NIB last year and it's probably my favorite pin in my collection at the moment. It's an incredible shooter, the code is very deep with unique rules, animations on it are some of the best in pinball, and it's loaded up with some very cool toys and features.

1 week later
#508 5 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Dialed-In rethemed as Willy Wonka would be an immediate buy from me.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

No JJP rethemes please! For $8k-$10k these games need to be original designs in my opinion.

#584 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I have been following along with these rumors here for a while. Just curious, because I have not seen much mention of it, has anyone heard anything about JJP coming out with Harry Potter anytime soon. I ask this because I know someone who was present when Jack bought the rights to Harry Potter from Warner Bros, and that was probably 2 years ago now. This is someone who is into into pinball in a major way and knows who Jersey Jack is. I trust this person 150% so I know that JJP hold the HP rights. Just have not heard anything about them using them on a pin yet. And with this happening about 2 years ago, I would think that someone would have heard something. Unless of course, something changed in the last 2 years and he doesn't have them anymore?
Anyway, just throwing that out to see what others have heard. I personally have no interest in HP, but will put a deposit down the day that Willy Wonka is announced!

Willy Wonka, Toy Story, and Harry Potter? That sounds like one hell of a pinball release schedule if true Hopefully a HP pin comes out at some point and JJP is the one making it.

#586 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Heard that JK Rowling is so padantic about anything made in the Harry Potter world, that JJP is the only company she would allow to make a HP table. 2020?

I could actually seeing that being the case. If she doesn't want the theme associated with a company that makes a bunch of rock and roll pins, did a Playboy pin in the past, etc then that leaves JJP to make a HP pin. WOZ, TH, DI, and POTC are all for the most part pins that could go into any family home, the same cannot really be said for every Stern and Spooky title.

OR

Jack asked JJP's investor "we have a shot to get HP, we need X amount of dollars to get this one before Stern does and it will be the biggest modern pinball release ever" lol

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I brought HP back into it, although unintentionally. I didn't know I was bringing it back, because I did not see it really talked about previously... lol
I just brought it up to see what others may have heard about its positioning in the JJP lineup, not that I think it is one of the next couple coming out. And I only brought that up because I know for a fact that JJP holds the rights to HP and they acquired them about 2 years ago (or they did at least.. things may have changed since then). I personally know someone that was present when it happened at Warner Brothers Studios.

That's amazing news if it holds. I'm sure pinball companies lock up licensed themes years ahead of time due to development time and a bunch of other reasons.

I really hope a HP pin by JJP covers all 8 films and that there's a set of modes plus a mini wizard mode for each of the 7 years required at Hogwarts

#630 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Since we are talking demographics, I've never heard a single pinball person talk about Harry Potter. GNR is a much better choice for the pinball crowd, based on what pinball people are typically into.

I can see GNR being popular in a bar setting but when it comes to people dropping $8k--$10k for a home pinball machine I think a HP pin would easily outsell GNR.

#650 5 years ago

Here's what was said on Kanedas latest podcast about JJP. Sounds like great news all around.

1. WOZ Yellow Brick Road edition revealed at TPF, not a stripped down version, limited to 250 games (maybe marketed as a CE level game at a high price?)
2. Next new game is for sure Willy Wonka, don't expect to see anything until May / June
3. Pirates no longer in production and may or may not come back due to WOZ YBR's needing to be built
4. Toy Story is after Willy Wonka
5. Both Willy Wonka and Toy Story are designed by Pat Lawlor
6. Toy Story was supposed to come out before Willy Wonka but the original deal inked between Disney and JJP had the same issue as Pirates licensing (limited assets)
7. Toy Story licensing being renegotiated to obtain more assets, person who inked original deal no longer works at JJP
8. Willy Wonka will have full assets
9. Eric likely designing Guns and Rose's
10. Kaneda thinks 2019 will be JJP's most successful year ever, will struggle to keep up with orders

#666 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

A used hobbit will be the cheapest option at $6000-$6500. I’d personally recommend a used Dialed In. I regret selling mine. It’s a great pin. Those are the only JJP pins I’ve owned.

Yeah, both are great pins, can't go wrong with either. HUO Hobbit LE / SE average has been around $6500 - $7k lately, prices have gone up a bit since the final round of code updates. Some quick sales in the past closer to $6k but not the norm. One sold around here at $7k a few months back so sure location plays a role too.

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

3. Pirates no longer in production and may or may not come back due to WOZ YBR's needing to be built
Really? Was it not successful?

Seems like everyone who owns one loves it, keep reading of people picking one up here and there. I wonder if production costs are too high or if its simply due to JJP needing to produce new pins. Also wonder if the lack of licensed assets in the game has impacted sales and / or reduced the outlook for future sales?

#687 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Has movie clips, entire game voiced by Gibbs, artwork, storylines. I’d hardly call that “no” assets.

Did you not know that it will take them into April to finish all outstanding POTC orders? They’ve had zero problems selling the game...
It’s kind of amazing how JJP hasn’t been able to make POTC fast enough to keep up with demand since production began, yet people claim the game is doing terrible lol. This is one of the best games ever created. The lack of main character movie clips and original score doesn’t change that. The music is perfect and could have just as well been used in the movies. If IP mattered for this pin, it would have been reflected in sales.

The problem with the movie clips that are used in POTC is that they contain no actor video and no actor audio. There's a 125 main modes of this where you hit shots for the characters involved in a movie scene. For example you start a mode called say "The Sword" or something and are told to hit X amount of character shots. The clip played at the beginning of the mode is 3-5 seconds, shows a sword and nothing else. Does anyone remember what scene of what Pirates movie that was from? No. Are there any clips played advancing the scene as character shots are made? No, just callouts saying "Jack collected", "Elizabeth collected", etc. As a result all of the 125 main modes feel rather generic in my opinion and are nowhere near as engaging as the 30 book modes in The Hobbit that all feature licensed assets.

The Gibbs callouts are incredible but he's also the only voice you ever hear in a game for a pinball machine based off of 5 movies. The pick a Pirate character feature is great but sadly there's just a photo of each Pirate and no video / voice assets from each. Once you pick your character there's nothing to remind the player during gameplay that you are playing him or her due to a lack of licensed assets. The music in the game is perfect like you said, as is all of the sound work done by David Thiel.

Pirates is an excellent game but the lack of licensed assets hurt the draw to it for some people. There's a boat load of modes in Pirates but all, with exception to the 5 wizard modes (very cook
L) and the super wizard mode once it arrives, play very similar. Maybe the lack of licensed assets in the game is why the programming team chose to make the game more about stacking everything rather than playing modes on their own. As others have said for $10k licensed assets need to be there. JJP seems to know this now with reports of the Toy Story licensed being renegotiated to get more assets.

#709 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh I agree Dialed In isn't about cell phones. They just chose an unfortane title that makes that connection.
My point was the irony of people using cell phones to complain about cell phones.

Yeah, the whole "I hate cell phones" argument is ridiculous at this point. The smartphone has changed how we communicate, consume media, and get our news. Cell phones are not going away and pretty much everyone has one at this point.

*reply submitted via cell phone

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Price needs to come down on the next title too; you can get a MB LE which is truly limited and comes with everything including a kick ass topper for 8k. Let’s see what Jack does with WONKA but like I said his price needs to come down big time

Why would JJP do that? Stern is charging $9k for LE's that are not built as well, have less mechs, and contain 1/3 of the code work on average.

#803 5 years ago

I was talking to the Mrs. yesterday about pinball for way to long (she always loves that lol) and whether or not I should go for Pirates or wait for Willy Wonka. She said she would wait for Willy Wonka out of principle for JJP not including the original spinning disk mech and the opening / closing chest yet still keeping the price the same. Damn lol. It was hard to hear that argument again but I can see her point. I went back to some older Pirate gameplay videos and the entire game still just looks so much cooler with the original disk and chest mech. For nearly $10k I could stomach not having licensed actor audio / video assets due to the amount / variety of toys in the original Pirates prototype but after the mech changes it was and still is a sore point when considering purchasing the game. Who knows, maybe I'll still get one, on the fence at the moment about buying an LE or waiting for Wonka.

#830 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

People that refuse to give Pirates a chance bc they changed the two mechs after they were shown couldn't be more short sided. Talk about ridiculous - are you not going to play AFM now that we know Brian confirmed the ship was intended to move around the pf? I mean seriously guys things change on pins. I totally agree that they shouldn't have introduced it and then pull it back but they were excited and got ahead of themselves. Nice to see innovation is actually top of mind at jjp. I can tell you that the one disc actually makes the ball spin even more btw.

The big difference there is AFM wasn't revealed or marketed for 6+ months with that feature only to have it removed. Prototype AFM's with that feature if they existed were not playable at multiple shows as well as on location for months. AFM also didn't cost $8500 - $12500.

I'm in no way saying that POTC is a bad game because those features were removed. Pirates is an incredible pin. However, its reasonable to expect that some potential buyers may always be bitter about two major features being removed from a game that costs $10k.

#836 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There seems to be a lot of out of the box issues with Potc with a lot of people. Looks mostly minor though.

Issues on the latest build games seem to be pretty much resolved from I've read. There's always a risk of buying a more loaded game such as POTC early in production due to issues found on the line. However, early POTC games seemed to have more issues out of the box then what would be deemed acceptable by most people. For $10k people shouldn't have to remove mini playfields, cut zip ties for wires to allow for more slack, reposition lights (mini playfield ship lantern lights), etc. Thankfully those early issues seem to be in the past.

#838 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

So, what are your thoughts on a Wonka pin?

I'm ready and excited for Chocolate River Multiball where Gene Wilder takes up the entire screen while going crazy along with along with some trippy RGB LED light shows! The music and sound effects definitely need to get progressively louder as each shot is made in this mode.

Speaking of sound. With David Thiel no longer at JJP (exclusive deal at Deeproot) who is doing the audio for Willy Wonka? Personally I hope JJP brings Chris Granner back.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#901 5 years ago

I've been debating waiting for Wonka or Toy Story over buying a Pirates. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on a Pirates LE next week. I'm not sure how Wonka or Toy Story will turn out, what the ruleset design will be, etc. Pirates has already established itself as a top pin with a ton of shots, great toys / features, incredibly deep code and its story based ruleset design is something I favor.

Now to just tell the Mrs how much it costs! Lol.

#936 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Me too, Lawlor and JJP are a great match since he's given free creative reign.
The nice thing this time is that JJP should start shipping these pins shortly after announcing them.
Pat doesn't mess around. POTC done next month so its time to crank up the Wonka line!

Hey Iceman, noticed in the JJP Pirates thread you said you are going for a POTC. What ended up swaying you? Considering an LE purchase this week myself.

#959 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

As you all know the guy who negotiated the POTC license without assets is gone, never again.
I think 1500 to 2000 POTC is a good run.
Move onto WOZYBR and Wonka, that's money in the bank
That's what will pay for the biggest license in Pinball, I will say no more

Harry Potter time! Sounds like Wonka, GNR, Toy Story and then possibly HP? Relessing two games a year would mean HP being announced at Expo 2020 for an early 2021 release.

Now I really don't know what to do in terms of buying my next pin. I just sold a Star Wars LE and I'm ready to buy another pin. I'm still leaning towards POTC next as it's an incredible pin even without actor audio and video.

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes usually certain time frame and certain royalties per machine produced. So if renewing license is too expensive then obviously they are not selling well enough to justify renewing? For how much time and effort went into the design build-I am really surprised on what is going on(again smells fishy). Honestly it is sad and I feel for all the people involved in the making of POTC.

No, Pirates has sold very well from everything I've heard. LE's are sold out to distributors at this point as well. At the end of the day JJP can only produce X number of games at a time and spend so much on development, production, and licensing. I have no doubt that Pirates is one of JJP's most expensive games to produce to date.

Also, if JJP has gone after Willy Wonka, Toy Story and Harry Potter with the intent of securing licensed actor assets in the process I can see that contributing to not renewing the Pirates the license. There's only so much money a company is willing to spend on licensing.

#967 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Imagine if in a year or three they did a POTC re-jig and just re-released the game as a generic pirate theme vault edition? Is there anything really stopping that? If the original gains a huge following I would think that'd be amazing. No one would really miss the limited POTC assets.

I don't see it happening. The amount of work that has gone into the code, audio, and animations in Pirates is pretty remarkable. I can't see all of that work being recreated and a market for a $9500 generic Pirate themed pin. Even though licensed assets are limited in Pirates it still has drawn a lot of buyers to the game.

#969 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Then why does JJP continue to renew WOZ license over and over again? Because it sells well enough to justify?

I'm sure and the license agreement is also completely different as each are with different companies. It sounds like Disney can be rather difficult to work with when it comes to using their properties.

If Pirates sales were not great then LE's wouldn't be sold out to distributors. The game seems very well received and considered by many to be one of JJP's best pins to date. With JJP now having 4 titles under their belt and several on the way they are not going to be able to produce every one of them anymore. At some point assets (money and employees for development) need to be moved onto the next games.

#978 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I watched that last stream with JD and all the feedback has been great aside from the various tweaking issues
And this is the end of the line on Potc for good

Cool. I'm going to order an LE this week as well. I could wait for Wonka but then I could also wait for the next game, and the next game. Pirates is known today to be a great game and has everything I want in a pin. I'm also a fan of wide body pins and hearing that both Wonka and Toy Story are standard body games is a bit of a bummer. If Harry Potter is happening I'm sure it will be a wide body game.

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Prepare to be disappointed

It will be interesting to see how and when JJP reveals Wonka. Is there a show in May / June? Another idea is JJP doing a live stream directly from their office or even better have the entire reveal prerecorded Nintendo Direct style.

#1015 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Based upon this, looks like Harry Potter is being done by Stern.
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-tuesday-february-26th-2019/
So JJP couldn't be doing HP then.

I really hope not. Stern pins are fun but they won't do the theme justice and Stern HP LE will still cost $9k or more. There will be a bunch of "super wand ramps" and "super magical orbits" modes versus the deep and unique code that JJP has delivered with every one of their pins. If Lyman is on it I can see it being fun but would still prefer the JJP treatment for a HP pin.

#1018 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Sony won't be at E3 at all this year. The era of show reveals has long ended. You can reach more eyeballs in a more controlled way and not need to compete with your competition for "who won the show" headlines.
It also liberates us (the fans/buyers) from having to wait for a show. The reveals can happen at any time.

Yup good points. Nintendo has been doing this for years now with their Nintndo Directs. They are prerecorded so no chance of something being screwed up. A similar format could work well for a pinball reveal.

#1049 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

that's fine I have 10 reasons not to post pics or reveal anything
you will see what I mean soon

Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have pics too, you will all be excited. But I have 11 reasons not to post them. But trust me!

So this must mean that Wonka LE is going to cost either $10k or $11k!

#1071 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

My point is that they need more sales and raising prices up that high will kill off the chances of at least two-thirds of potential buyers. I don't think manufacturers can rely on theme alone to get high volume sales because premium prices takes out a large portion of the buying community.
JJP needs a full-featured version at around $7200 like Stern to get decent volume sales. If they can't ever get their sales numbers up by pricing competitively with other manufacturers then I don't see them surviving. They simply have too much overhead to not necessitate increasing volume.

I love the full featured JJP pins but I do wonder what a $6k JJP could look like. Maybe they could offer a pro, LE and CE version of their future games. If JJP could make a $6k pro level version of their future games with the same quality cabinet, build quality, and coding as they do today, just with less features, then I think they would take a huge bite out of Sterns marketshare.

However, I also know that JJP has wanted to avoid stripping down gameplay features across models. If they want to compete with Stern in the $6k pro level market they would be forced to offer multiple versions of games. Personally I hope they don't do this but I also want to see them around long term.

#1077 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

It is not an opinion it is a Pinside statistic

No, KingPinGames is right, you bash JJP every chance you get. Why constantly bash and question everything they do?

Honestly I wonder if there's still some Stern loyalists out there that are pissed JJP came into existence and made games that feature at least double the number of features and code depth compared to Stern games. If that's the case they shouldn't be pissed at JJP but rather Stern for raising their prices, including less and lowering quality.

#1088 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I heard a rumor that JJP has acquired The Matrix license. Anyone else hear this?

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1132 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The screen size isn't really a big cost from what I understand.

There's also the cost of developing high quality animations for a larger screen and integrating the animations with code, music, etc.

#1133 5 years ago

I can see JJP being very successful with a $7k pin that while scaled back in terms of features / toys of their games today would still offer the same deep unique code we are used to from JJP.

Long term I don't think JJP can survive on only making $9k+ pins. It sounds like JJP hasn't turned a profit yet based on rumors posted here and while their primary investor is a billionaire at some point he's going to want to see JJP turn a profit. Sounds like that time may be now with Wonka and future JJP pins being scaled back a bit to offer them at lower price point?

If what said above is true it makes perfect sense why Pirates production is stopping for good. The game may simply be too expensive for JJP to build and as a result it doesn't make any financial sense to renew the license.

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

Generic theme, cellphone on playfield,pass. Even if it shoots well

Generic theme? Everything in Dialed In had to be custom made in terms of animations, sounds, music, etc and JJP did it with very high quality. I'll take that anyday over a bunch of movie clips. Love the theme as nothing had to be sacrificed and it came from Pat Lawlors own mind. The pin pays homage to many of Pat's best games which is super cool.

The "cell phone" on the playfield is also a pretty damn cool toy considering it displays custom animations from characters from the theme as well as mode information. Hell, more animation work probably went into the 3D models for the phone then Sterns past 3 LCD games lol.

After seeing what Pat Lawlor did with Dialed In I can't wait to see how Wonka turns out. Will be interesting to see if it's as loaded as Dialed In or is scaled back in effort to reduce costs.

#1180 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LAMO TH has drop target innovation lol and KISS has the ball crawl up the wall yet Stern has no innovation

The 11 drop targets in The Hobbit are independently controlled and are used in a ton of interesting ways throughout the games 30+ modes.

The KISS ball crawl feature is cool but is used so rarely which is the problem with nearly all Stern premium / LE features. Since Stern chooses to keep the rulesets nearly identical between pros and premiums / LE's it limits the use of extra features on the higher end models. The moving Slimer mech in Ghostbusters premium / LE is another example. It moves all over the playfield but are there rules to use it any differently then in the pro? No. Same goes for the mini playfield in ACDC premium / LE. It's used for a couple modes and contains very few rules.

JJP puts the extra time and effort into coding the hell out of their mechs. Stern often seems to do the bare minimum when it comes to creating code for their premium / LE mechs.

#1194 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I see the innovation in WOZ but do not see it in other JJP titles what are the innovations in POTC

Not listing them for you as regardless of what I say you will hate JJP lol.

2 weeks later
#1329 5 years ago

Here's a couple screenshots from the video, definitely Wonka! In the typical JJP logo video they are just regular pinballs.

wonak1 (resized).JPGwonak1 (resized).JPG
wonak2 (resized).JPGwonak2 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1413 5 years ago

At $9500 for a standard body game it better be loaded up. Dialed In LE is a very loaded game at $9k. Will it have as much stuff as that game? Who knows.

One thing I wish JJP would go back to is offering a high quality powder coat on their LE games. The powder coat on Dialed In LE looks like a Stern premium powder coat (baked on look like ACDC premium) and the black powder coat on Pirates LE looks like a Stern pro powder coat but honestly isn't as durable.

If you want a similar high quality powder coat to what was on WOZ ECLE or Hobbit LE / SE you now need to spend crazy money for a CE / YBR type game. JJP didn't lose the ability to offer a high quality powder coat after Hobbit, they are just making it a CE only option and that's BS considering the price of LE games.

#1434 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I thought that the RGB was same under inserts for both SE and LE? However, the GI was white on SE and RGB on LE.
It's either this game, or WW with a Vertically Challenged OOmpa underneath the playfield.

On Pirates RGB GI is only on the LE, white GI on SE.

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Fuck 2019! $$$$$ MBRLE Munsters LE ACNC and now WONKA! Plus I have a deposit down on Black Knight LE. And it’s only April. Jebus

Lol. Finally a good problem for pinball to have! Multiple great games from multiple companies. Sucks for us though who want every game though haha.

#1473 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Its been pointed out by others, but how are you NOT grasping the concept that there is a licensing cost for Wonka that was NOT there for DI? Both are standard bodies, but one has a license that had to be paid for and one was an original concept. Again, how are you not understanding this?

Dialed In also required 100% of everything in the game to be custom made from the animations, to artwork, audio, music, etc. That had to cost some bucks versus being able to use existing video clips and music in a good chunk of the game.

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I understand that.... But man what a great industry for someone to sell pinball. Company now charges more bc they aquired a license and you accept that as a reason to increase price? Really? How does Stern manage? They don't charge more for Deadpool than BK3?
As for mixing it up with the distributor - ha! I like things represented accurately. If you want to accept the increase that's fine but let's not sell it like it's not.
I'm not sure I understand the reference to kaneda. Pricing being discussed (as rumor only) is based on a distributor sending an email to only certain consumers for a game that hasn't been announced.

Its hard to judge right now as Wonka has yet to be revealed. Will it have more or less in it then Dialed In? Will it have as interesting of toys and custom animations? Who knows. Gotta wait and see. If not it will seem like a big price increase.

#1477 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah I agree this is all rumor. Part of the fun of the forum is the speculation which this simply is. What would it be perceived as if the rumors turn out to be true.
Look at that alien cgc thread. All speculation but still fun to talk about it....

Yup Right now I'm 50 / 50 on whether or not Wonka will have as much in it as Dialed In. Either JJP is going to continue down the route of loading games up with a ton of stuff or will scale them back slightly to generate more profit.

#1488 5 years ago

"Pure Imagination" has to be the name of one of the games wizard modes (maybe a variant of it is the main track) so that song is in the game. "I've Got a Golden Ticket" will be another, maybe a mid wizard mode or the main multiball. Chocolate River multiball is likely another that may or not use the background track from the movie, hopefully the game gets louder and louder as shots are made in the mode just like the scene from the movie. Then there's "Oompa Loompa Doompa Dee Do" of course which will almost for sure be in the game. There's multiple "Oompa Loompa" tracks in the movie so hopefully JJP has each and creates a set of "Oompa Loompa" modes with them or something. The game definitely has the potential to be the next WOZ.

Also hearing Jack himself is voicing a custom track titled "The Pinball Man" based off the "The Candy Man" song? "Who can take a pinball machine, sprinkle it with code, cover it in toys and a miracle or two...The Pinball Man, The Pinball Man can". Just joking about the last one lol

#1504 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My "opinion", there has to be an Oompa Loompa song. Don't even think it about it.
I've lost a lot of $$ sitting on that slot machine listening to that Oompa mode. Still makes me happy!

Hopefully it won't be like the slot machine where you can get an Ooma Loompa bonus and then get zero points (dollars) from it lol. Have had that happen a couple times.

Yeah, an Oompa Loompa song has to be in the game like you said, at least the first one from the movie.

#1562 5 years ago

Sounds like Kaneda was blown away by the game. He said he put his $12.5k down for a collectors edition and that it will destroy everything else on the market. Also mentioned that it does not reuse anything from Dialed In which is great to hear as that means an entirely new idea from Pat Lawlor. He sounded very impressed with the world under glass and mentioned that an item or two that has been used by JJP before (probably the camera and or mini LCD) are used in a very unique way on the game.

#1566 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

The roof has blown off with Wonka hype!!
[quoted image]

"When you put this game next to Black Knight Sword of Rage it's a joke", "Sword of Rage looks like a $7500 game, Willy Wonka looks like it should cost twice as much, it looks like there's twice as much in there, it looks like 10x as much effort went into the game, its comical that these games are separated by $1500 bucks".

#1603 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I can top your topper. I’m putting my CE INSIDE a Wonkavator. That way I can easily move its 400 lbs around my house: sideways and slantways and longways and backwards and squareways and front says and any other ways my wife can think of.

Ah yes the Escalera Willy Wonka edition

#1611 5 years ago

Heard on the latest Kaneda podcast that Joe Katz, not Keith Johnson is on Wonka code. Would be cool if Joe is the lead on the game, he's done a lot of great work at JJP. Maybe Keith is on Pirates for a while longer while Ted is on the fall title since his last game as a lead was Dialed In?

#1633 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So sounds like it will play easier with "wide" ramps according to the Podcast That Can Not Be Named.

Kaneda mentioned that Pat Lawlor is going back and tweaking some things on the game, and said that the version they played is not the final production version. He made it sound like the ramp(s) wide and may be narrowed a bit.

#1661 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

While I really hope BK winds up being a great game, part of me really wants to see some of the cocky folks at Stern humbled a bit on Friday when Wonka drops.

Yeah, would be nice. Stern has never seemed humbled when it comes to JJP, bitter is more like it. Anytime Stern posts a picture of an arcade lineup they make sure not to include any JJP games in their photos. There was also George Gomez's WOZ coat hanger comment a couple years back.

JJP on the otherhand has openly complimented Stern, includes their games in Facebook pictures, etc. JJP knows Stern is their competitor but can celebrate all things pinball. Stern however just acts like JJP doesn't exist.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,600 (OBO)
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-?tu=PanzerFreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.