210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

With all of the speculation about WW being the next JJP pin, I decided to re-watch the Gene Wilder version of the movie to figure out what that pin might consist of. And, it hit me that it could be made rather easily as a re-skin of WOZ. Replace the Yellow Brick road with the Chocolate River and make the upper play fields versions of key elements of the factory and the elevator. Replace the haunted forest with oompa loompas, etc. Doing that would save money and time and make it feasible to do 2 titles in 2019. Oh hell, Pat Lawlor and Jack know better than me but, it's just a thought. Crazy, huh?

What do I know, but I don't see any way that they would do a re-skin of WOZ. They are about to release a Yellow Brick Road edition of WOZ, so they won't want to compete with themselves. Also, WOZs are still in production and selling. It's not like it is a 10-20 year old game that they would re-skin. And, a decent chunk of their consumer base already has owned or currently owns a WOZ, so they would likely lose most of them as customers.

I think Willy Wonka is a killer theme that deserves a brand new layout and brand new toys. I hope JJP does it and hits it out of the park. I will be in line to buy one!

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Yes, I know about the YBR WOZ but they could still do as I suggest with WW based on the WOZ platform and release it as the second pin in late 2019 after they issue the long rumored TS. As far as negatively affecting WOZ sales I think it's days may be running out and the YBR may be simply an attempt to squeeze out a few more sales. WOZ is a great franchise and I love my WOZRR but it cannot be a feature pin for JJP much longer. How many sales do you really foresee for a YBR that probably won't have many feature changes beyond yellow body armor, maybe a new topper, and maybe some updated electronics. A reskinned WW could be one more way of coaxing some more milage (ROI) out out of a very successful platform. Isn't that what Stern has been doing very successfully? Anyways, just my random thoughts on what could done.......

I know you are just pondering, and I have nothing against that. It is just that you are not the first one to talk about WW being a re-skin of WOZ. I just think JJP would face so much backlash if they did that to what has become a highly anticipated title that it would be a bit difficult to recover. They are not Stern who can suffer through a clunker here and there. Each of their games is so well crafted and thought out, and they come out so infrequently, that I really do think it would be a huge mistake for them to even contemplate such a thing at this point in their business lifespan.

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Isn't it really Charlie and the chocolate factory. So CCF
Second run could be Wonka's Golden ticket

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is the book.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is the original Gene Wilder movie.

1 week later
#246 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like a nice rendition of Gene Wilder from a movie I saw when I was ten years old.
Yeah, it was a great kid's movie back then.

It’s a great family movie (for adults and kids now). It has stood and surpassed the test of time IMO.

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah. my kid watched it when she was ten also.
If only they could stay ten forever.....

I’ll still watch it now whenever it is on.

2 weeks later
#269 5 years ago

What makes people think JJP is doing GNR? Has that been confirmed? I thought Jack at one point said no band pins, but maybe I misread.

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

He also said he would never do a theme that was done already. But hobbit is LOTR and JJPTOC is POTC.

Ok, but is there any basis behind the GNR rumor?

1 month later
#373 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

So will JJP release back to back pins with Johnny Depp or will it be the original?? Has there been any confirmation?
[quoted image]

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yep, original. Deppwould be a bad choice for sure and kill most all sales. His mug on POTC has hurt sales of that machine (no fault of JJP, as his negative stuff hit after machine release). I know people who were going to buy and then seeing Depp on artwork and after all his negative press as of late, canceled.

Has to be original. It isn’t so much Depp as it is doing a pin based on a classic movie that everyone loves with a timeless performance by Wilder vs. doing a pin based on a movie that got mediocre to bad reviews and which no one has any fond memories of. No brainer. JJPWW based on the original movie would sell like crazy. JJPWW based on the Burton movie would be a dud.

2 weeks later
#841 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm ready and excited for Chocolate River Multiball where Gene Wilder takes up the entire screen while going crazy along with along with some trippy RGB LED light shows! The music and sound effects definitely need to get progressively louder as each shot is made in this mode.

[quoted image]

Yes!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 64.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-?tu=Nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.