210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Willy Wonka designed by Pat Lawlor sounds like an incredible pin

That would be one I'd have serious interest in...

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I can say, its 100% Willy Wonka next. Somewhere 1st quarter of 2019 to be shown.

If true, exciting..Just getting up to speed on this thread

#130 5 years ago

WOZ will always be JJP's landmark game...Mine not leaving...WONKA could be an awesome compliment....

1 month later
#295 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That is a HUGE negative. I hate DI solely because of the theme
Next

agreed.....Wonka= in, GNR= out for me....DI= never

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What Dialed In haters don't realize is DI is one of the greatest pins ever made.

Wow, and no.....played it a bunch..I don't hate it, just don't like it, with theme being the major culprit. Good grief....

1 month later
#602 5 years ago

I know I'd be interested in WW for sure...Won't mind waiting a bit though, as my pinbudget is overdrawn at the moment

#710 5 years ago

I just drop in this thread to see if there are updates relative to Op's request, as that's a title I'd be interested in......Love my WOZECLE, JJP's benchmark still imho...

But relative to the last gazillion posts pumping DI...a pinball machine that is named "Dialed In", has a large cell phone in it, and can take selfies, is the last thing I want when I play pinball. I don't bash the machine, but have played it, and will never own one...just me

Cell phones are a way of life..so are microwave ovens....wouldn't want one of those in my pinball machine (wait, maybe I might)...just being lighthearted about the whole thing....

Any "latest news" on WW?

#714 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

And we’re all suppose to know that some random poster is the distributor because why? His curt manners used on his posting toward my post is deplorable! He may wish to defend Oz sales for his own purposes on POTC, but it is sales hype and I have my reasons for saying that which I’m not going to expose. That’s what’s hilarious and sad as to alienate a good customer/s.

He's not a "random poster"...

#715 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Agree that DI theme is poor, and didn't get on with potc. Can't wait for Wonka, wonder who will be doing the sound now David T is contracted.

Hooray for this post and your avatar!! If David onboard, sound will be awesome...

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I've had this avatar for years and years so no coincidence have very special memories from my childhood, and then rewatching with my kids.
Even this morning we were sat having breakfast discussing WiWo playfield/mode design ideas. Can't wait!

Congrats on potentially getting what is obviously a grail theme for you!! Hoping this one is a home run, as I really want to add another JJP to my lineup.

My avatar has been consistent for years as well, and was fortunate to get one in its very brief, final ( and only true) run.

#783 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL
JD did a good job with the stream. Love the LCD and animations
The CE looks great

Agreed...was in on the CE until the 3rd disc thing....really anxious to see WW....

#786 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm also very SAD they won't be making anymore POTC because its the greatest pinball game ever made. There has been a lot of crybabies about changes JJ made to the game prior to its official release. So what if they changed it from two disks to three, or they removed this or that... you know what the results of all that crying are?

"greatest pinball game ever made"? umm...

Didn't cry, just didn't buy it....was most certainly shown and preorder spots sold based on all the mechs...I wanted it....

Nice collection....see you have a MunstersLE in your collection...did you get yours yet...thoughts? I'm hoping to see mine this week..haven't seen any unboxings yet..(don't want to derail WW, just other pins being talked about..figured I'd ask)

#799 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes I have seen the hacks on Aliens and TBL-both are cringe worthy

Not hacks...Simply finishing and supporting the effort...Much more " public" in this forum as there is no factory support.

I believe JJP has enough supporters ( myself being one) that the machines would always live. You'd be surprised how much feedback and support the community provides now..Just not as visible.

All machines break... definitely not a hobby that wants plug and play...Have to be willing to lift the hood...

I thought modern machines would be the most difficult, but have read a few EM threads...scared the crap out of me...500 billion switches just to get the bell to ring..hats off to all that come up w these amazing games

#808 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was talking to the Mrs. yesterday about pinball for way to long (she always loves that lol) and whether or not I should go for Pirates or wait for Willy Wonka. She said she would wait for Willy Wonka out of principle for JJP not including the original spinning disk mech and the opening / closing chest yet still keeping the price the same. Damn lol. It was hard to hear that argument again but I can see her point.

Bingo!!! Your Mrs. is wise and exactly why I pulled my deposit back on that one. I WANT another JJP...hopefully WW delivers!!!

#842 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

So, what are your thoughts on a Wonka pin?

No thoughts, except hoping this will be a great pin!!!

#895 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I love that attached picture because It had 158 ratings with spot number 4 there’s no comparison with 1-3 based on average Pirates would be number 1 for a long time. But since the top three games are games from the 90s and have had recent releases of course they have more ratings so it’s simply not fair in the rating system as advertised.

The top 100 list has been debated forever in other threads. Every, every new pin gets in the top 10 upon release, as there are very few votes, coupled with very excited new owners. Then they slowly drop in the rankings from that point on. With the current surge, I would think weighting it (maybe, a minimum of 500 ratings before it even gets on the chart) would certainly smooth the curve a bit....

List is fun to look at, but that's about it.....

On to Wonka please....anything?

#896 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I get your point, however, those three games were already the top three for years before the remakes came out. The only thing that changed were their order in that top three. The rating is for the game not the manufacturer. CGC (subjectively) improved the games and as such, the rating numbers increased and there are more owners and more ratings that have been added to them.

Yet TZ still hangs solid on it's own...that's why it's #1 on IPDB list.... (and the other 3 still had a much larger pool of votes prior to the remakes coming out)

1 week later
#1098 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Not all upcoming titles will appeal to everyone, but at least one theme should appeal to most. With Matrix thrown into the mix, JJP has upped their cache’. With enough themes offered, I may one day own 5 JJP’s.
WOZ - yes
Hobbit - yes
Dialed In - no
POTC - yes
Wonka - yes
GNR - no
Toy Story - no
Matrix - yes

Whoa!!! my exact pick as well.....scary...

3 weeks later
#1306 5 years ago

The cost to play has gone up, period. MunstersLE @9k doesn't look nearly out of line after seeing 11.5 for a lesser version of the original ECLE, imho.....

MunstersLE is heavy as hell for a standard body (not that weight is a true measure) and very solid. Not to mention it is new, and not a rehash.

Love my WOZ, and glad I got it when I did. Not bashing either, but believe this was a pretty blatant, bold move to take things off and raise the price. Just bizarre to me, and hoping Wonka is awesome... but won't pay 13k for an LE-CE (whatever they call it)...not a chance.

Guess we will see....

2 weeks later
#1624 4 years ago

I was so sure I could rest my wallet and out of space.....dammit....scoping the gameroom now, and a good Saturday night at Harrah's..is this a sign?

#1626 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Yes, yes it is. There’s always a way to shoehorn in another pin when necessary!

I swear my addiction is getting worse...thought there was gonna be some kind of help group started on here awhile back...I need it...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.