210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FatPanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago

I'm looking forward to JJPs upcoming rumored titles. Just a suggestion to make one or all of them standard body. I think Hobbit could have been done better as a standard body. The widebody for both WoZ and POTC is fitting, but don't feel the need to start with a widebody and cram a buncha stuff in it to fill it up. Standard bodies are more or less preferred. I couldn't imagine DI in a widebody.

Can't wait to see what JJP comes up with next. Wonka made in the same vein as WoZ could be a winner, except less rules Lawlor's Toy Story with Ted on the rules could be a huge winner.

#59 5 years ago

I'm hoping they reveal when they are ready to ship, within 2-3 weeks, whenever that might be. Revealing at shows is pretty much useless unless you can deliver shortly after. No point in revealing something but shipping 9 months later. The hype train dies after 2 months.

1 week later
#195 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I was at IAAPA and talked to Jack and I'm not going to say what he told me so I'll just say this... why can't more people use their spider sense or common sense? Toy Story 4 will release June 21st, 2019. Do you really think they're going to release Toy Story before the HYPE of the film. BTW Tom Hanks owns pinball machines as well... so I'm thinking if we use common sense Toy Story is a summer game not a spring game. Furthermore if you're speculating that the next game is NOT a wide body, then I would again use common sense to say Toy Story would be a wide body collector type game.
Furthermore if we use common sense JJ has been working on releasing Pirates for well over a year and a half. So lets think about that for a second ... have you ever heard the saying its possible to walk and chew gum? So if we used common sense wouldn't it make sense that JJ was trying to finalize Pirates while working on 2 maybe even 3 other titles at the same time? So with that being said then Toy Story would seem to be a game that you'd try and finish by Summer 2019 and whatever other title they would release would be out late spring like at the Texas Pinball Festival March 2019.
So my guess would be they probably have been working on a couple other titles while trying to finish Pirates. If they're to ONLY release ONE pinball game clearly Toy Story summer 2019. If you think they might be in the home stretch of another game within 3 or 4 months I would bet against Toy Story.
I'm merely using common sense here and Jersey Jack has to create more machines faster, so I'm guessing two or more games are in the works just like at Stern. As for Guns and Roses if they do that game I would bet that is a standard pinball game and that to could be nearing completion who knows. I'm just using common sense here to figure this out not based on anything Jack said to people at IAAPA.
The big themes like Toy Story, Harry Potter or anything else big will probably get the wide body, while other titles will get a standard. At the end of the day these companies have to make a profit, so turning out more games faster is probably on JJ radar I would guess. I'm thinking with the success of Dialed In that you'll see a mix of wide body and standard going foward. That is my guess.
JJ in my view makes the best themed games on the planet. So if they make Toy Story, Willy Wonka, Guns N Roses, or somehow gets their hands on Harry Potter which I'm sure they will...awesome right?
Too bad JJ couldn't have been the one to do Star Wars right?
So whatever their next game is if its coming out this spring I would bet against Toy Story because that movie isn't until June 2019. You'd want to release that game during or after the wave of Toy Story media. Now that is only common sense.

have-you-ever-heard-of-plato-aristotle-socrates-morons (resized).jpghave-you-ever-heard-of-plato-aristotle-socrates-morons (resized).jpg
2 months later
#404 5 years ago

All I gotta say is this better be the Tilt Screen:

485 (resized).jpg485 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#544 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

The podcast that shall not be named says no JJP reveal at TPF.

JJP will reveal when it's ready to go on the line. Whether that coincides with TPF will remain to be seen. And what does it matter if it's at a show or not? Stern has repeatedly shown that you don't need to reveal at a show to sell machines.

2 weeks later
#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The theme of WOZ never bothered me and I defended the concept for a long time; but for me when it came out it was just too much. Maybe if it wasn't for the over the top colored light stuff it could pass but the entire package is is just so over the top I can't take it. For s a lot of people that's exactly what they love but for me it's too Farfalla2K

that's what I said at 7K! Then 7.5....8...etc. Obviously we'll have to wait and see though.

I don't own WoZ but do want one. I wasn't in the hobby when WoZ was announced/released, but it seems to me that JJP wanted to make a big splash in the scene with WoZ. They wanted to show the pinball world what kinds of games they wanted to make and WoZ appeared to be a "we're the new kid on the block, and this is a taste of what you have to look forward to."

WoZ gameplay aside, I think JJP really showed their potential compared to what Stern was doing at the time. The large backbox screen, the toys, the RGB LEDs, etc. The rainbow effects were to highlight how RGB LEDs could make a playfield really turn into a piece of art, instead of just static inserts and one colored lamp illuminating it. (I'm pretty sure) you own a DI, and I think you can say that they've since reigned in their rainbow lights and playfield colors, but instead have created beautiful light shows with them. Funny too since you like to bag on JJP at every given chance

#1074 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

By most reports and rumors/speculation, JJP has been losing a lot of money. I guess they can continue with that business plan for a while longer, but how much longer? Also, carguments don't work here. JJP does not have an automated manufacturing process with many decades of reputation building and a wide range of buyers. Wonka will sell some by theme/name alone, but if they stay in the highest range of pricing without offering a competitive premium version (they call it a Standard version) then sales will still disappoint (just not as much as POTC) because Wonka is more beloved by more pinball people than POTC.

POTC sales dropped because of 2 things: disc-gate and delayed production. Jack has said that he wants to announce then ship shortly after. This is where JJP needs to be in order to stay viable. I remember being on the POTC hype-train myself and my wife and I seriously considered, due to the successful announcement at Expo. But as the hype train dies, and then disc-gate on top of that, a lot of people cancelled their pre-orders.

If Jack can follow through and announce Wonka, then have games ready to ship within a few weeks, JJP will certainly increase their sales numbers.

3 weeks later
#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I 100% guarentee (kaneda style) that MGC will be an amazing show! We (kingpin) have roughly a 3600 sqft booth. Cant wait to see how we fill it up. If that's not true I'll give Hilton a hug.

I'm already pumped for MGC but if you've got a Wonka there to play, you're gonna have to chase me away with a cattle prod!

1 week later
#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Not for nothing but I might be helpful if JJP does not put steal trim on standards .
Try a color or black even.

I like stainless steel...

#1459 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Always appreciate your input here. It seems like Stern doesn't follow this approach - they have set prices regardless of the IP, bill of materials. Would you agree?

HA! Where have you been man?

#1460 5 years ago

Can we not wait a whole 'nother 8 days to get the full reveal and shortly after, pricing structure? What's there more to talk about in regards to that? It'll be what it is, and what you will pay for it will be up to you. What some podcaster says means nothing when you have Distros saying something else.

#1462 5 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

But I want to buy it now![quoted image]

Exactly.

#1472 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

When did JJP or anyone else ever state that there is a standard body price and widebody price for their games? You're the only one I recall ever mentioning that. You literally just made that up, lol....and then argued with distributors about it. That was fun.

No, he said it was from a certain podcaster in the other Wonka thread. After I saw that, I pretty much disregarded any other "facts" that were stated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FatPanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-?tu=FatPanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.