210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 34.
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That is a HUGE negative. I hate DI solely because of the theme
Next

Im with you here. Don't get me wrong...if I find it on location, i might give it a play, but i hate the theme.

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What Dialed In haters don't realize is DI is one of the greatest pins ever made.

Tried to like it but there is no intensity in the call outs and it just doesn't have a stand out feature/theme/music to make me care about it.

Anyway Jack confirmed on TWIP that there are 2 JJP games this year.

Guessing WW and TS.

#303 5 years ago

Whirlwind and The Shadow?

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Glad to hear the rumors pointing to JJP # 5 as Willy Wonka. I think JJP will have another hit on their hands with that theme, especially since it will likely have licensed actor audio and video. Toy Story sounds good but only if JJP has the ability to use the original voice actor audio and clips from the films.

If just for a few callouts most actors are doable but Tom Hanks "woody" don't kid your self even Tim Allen "buzz" posable https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114709/fullcredits

#305 5 years ago

I look at the list of main character voices and note a few that are unfortunately no longer with us. Voices for Mr Potato Head, Slinky and Sergeant will need to come from elsewhere no matter what.

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What Dialed In haters don't realize is DI is one of the greatest pins ever made.

Wow, and no.....played it a bunch..I don't hate it, just don't like it, with theme being the major culprit. Good grief....

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wow, and no.....played it a bunch..I don't hate it, just don't like it, with theme being the major culprit. Good grief....

Ditto.

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyway Jack confirmed on TWIP that there are 2 JJP games this year.

Am I the only one that is cautiously expecting this to be WOZYBR & a new title either Wonka or Toy Story, I just can’t see 2 completely new titles from JJP this year after the setbacks with POTC.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love to see JJP start releasing 2 “new” titles yearly or even bi yearly would be awesome, release 2 in 2019, 1 in 2020, 2 in 2021 if it allows them to maintain quality while increasing titles, bring it on!

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Am I the only one that is cautiously expecting this to be WOZYBR & a new title either Wonka or Toy Story, I just can’t see 2 completely new titles from JJP this year after the setbacks with POTC.
Don’t get me wrong I’d love to see JJP start releasing 2 “new” titles yearly or even bi yearly would be awesome, release 2 in 2019, 1 in 2020, 2 in 2021 if it allows them to maintain quality while increasing titles, bring it on!

Agreed on all points!

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think the thought process is that, with all the delays on Pirates, game #5 was further along in development and nearly ready. Hope so. With the DR delay I'd sure like to see Jersey Jack own the Texas Pinball Festival.

#311 5 years ago

I think what a bunch of people don't realize is when you're a new company you learn things as you go. You develop strategies to manufacture, you build up suppliers, you learn ways to speed things up. You also learn how to deal with licensed products, etc. The many people who think JJ can't walk and chew gum don't know anything. When you're doing WOZ sure... they probably had a mountain of a time learning the ropes on that game.

Pirates gave them their first experience working with Disney. With Willy Wonka they already have experience working with Warner Brothers.

You learn and you get better. I think you'll see two new games from Jersey Jack this year, and in 2020 you'll probably see three games.

Same goes for Chicago Gaming, when they moved all the production in house, wow can you image the learning curves there? Now they have their system so I think you'll also start seeing two games a year from them as well.

Jersey Jack needs to produce more products to stay in business look at Stern they're producing 4 or 5 games now a year. Jersey Jack will get to 2 or 3 I have no doubt. I think you will see a different system however, maybe only one EVENT wide body, mixed with some standard machines. Jersey Jack already showed with Dialed In they will do standard machines.

I'm looking forward to Willy Wonka and Toy Story. I will buy them sight unseen because Jersey Jack is the best pinball manufacturer in my opinion.

It's going to be very interesting going forward because can this situation survive???

Stern 4 or 5 games a year

Jersey Jack 2 or 3 games a year

Chicago gaming 2 games a year

Plus all the other companies releasing a new game every year? Plus this new company who claims they will release a ton of games? Is the market all that big? We'll see because I really believe you're going to see Jersey Jack and Chicago Gaming creating more games every year.

The competition is going to be tested.

#312 5 years ago

This quoted text below is what Ted posted on the delays to the Hobbit 3.10 release. Notice that some of the delay is due to work on new games. Since he is one of the software devs, this would imply that more than one game is far enough along to demand coding work.

“The release has been slightly delayed - future games, holidays, vacations, and new hire orientations have the team spread a little thin at the moment.”

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I think the thought process is that, with all the delays on Pirates, game #5 was further along in development and nearly ready. Hope so. With the DR delay I'd sure like to see Jersey Jack own the Texas Pinball Festival.

I think #6 is getting close too if the rumors are correct. Rumors from a few years ago was that JJP was working on a Toy Story pin and a pic of a spinner for it leaked or was falsely associated with it. Then the rumor that it got put on hold because the new movie was put on hold about 8 months before it's target for a year or two. So ... hypothetically, if that development was progressing that was partially done. As you stated, with the hold on JJPOTC early last year, I'm sure that they weren't just sitting around waiting for parts and were likely moving forward with Wonka and the modifications for WOZ YBR in the background. It should be an interesting year for the pinball industry.

#314 5 years ago

POTC delay was due to last minute changes to the chest and spinning disc as the designs were not working as hoped on the prototypes. I don't think we should then assume that every pin will similarly be delayed or that all other JJP projects were delayed because of it.

#315 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The big hurdle to me is production numbers or capacity. Jack used to consistently say they could do over 4000 units a year at their facility. I don't think they ever did, and waiting times got pretty long for DI and PotC. Ultimately it's cost them a lot of sales, I suspect.

2 new titles and YBR and additional PotCs and DIs to build this year would be impossible on past form. But maybe they can fix that. Bit sceptical without an expansion of their existing facility, or a new one (there was a rumour related to that a while ago).

#316 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Regardless of what order they come in, JJP sure as hell better be able to crank up speed of production. Something they look like they struggled with on both DI and PotC. Then they will also need to maintain quality and quality assurance.
It'll be a disaster if they release 2 machines in 2019, and they're still only capable of producing at current cadence. Or they build much faster but ship with many issues.
2 new titles, plus WOZ YBR, plus residual demand for DI and PotC ... people would end up waiting literally years, and give up, with existing rate of production.

More like JJP will need to handle the demands for orders of almost the entire POTC run, plus residual orders on WOZ / DI / TH plus surge demand on 2 new pins. I'll admit that until I just said it, the parts sounded feasible, strung together the plan sounds preposterous.

my 2018 estimate - 500 WOZ, 500 DI, 500 Hobbit & 500 POTC = 2k pins.

my 2019 estimate - 250 WOZ, 250 DI, 500 Hobbit, 1,500 POTC, 1,000 Wonka & 500 GNR = 4k pins.

Quoted from rubberducks:

The big hurdle to me is production numbers or capacity. Jack used to consistently say they could do over 4000 units a year at their facility. I don't think they ever did, and waiting times got pretty long for DI and PotC. Ultimately it's cost them a lot of sales, I suspect.
2 new titles and YBR and additional PotCs and DIs to build this year would be impossible on past form. But maybe they can fix that. Bit sceptical without an expansion of their existing facility, or a new one (there was a rumour related to that a while ago).

2018 deliveries occurred in a very disjointed manner, probably due to various manufacturing issues. So next year JJP will increase output by 100%, including the hiring and ramping up of manufacturing staff, continue producing their new POTC, add 2 undefined titles with new unknowns and hurdles. This is a great goal to have but chances of JJP shipping any of their 2nd new pin (whether it is GNR or not) is 0.000000000%.

JJP is incapable of producing a second new pin in 2019 period. If they can accomplish everything else though, it would be their most successful year ever and could be their first to turn a profit. Jack said they will produce 2 new games in 2019, because he believes it. My understanding of JJP and allowing for a metamorphosis of their manufacturing process tells me it won't happen. Grab your hats, 2019 will be a heck of a ride.

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think what a bunch of people don't realize is when you're a new company you learn things as you go

Jan 2 of 2011 Jack announced he would be producing WOZ that makes JJP 8 yr's old hardly a new company

#318 5 years ago

I'm actually good with just 1 new title every 9 months to a year. I don't see the need to squeeze two out per year. I'd rather see one and have it in production within a month of release. Gives more time to save up anyways.

#319 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Strong statement and definitely not as good as Pirates.

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm actually good with just 1 new title every 9 months to a year. I don't see the need to squeeze two out per year. I'd rather see one and have it in production within a month of release. Gives more time to save up anyways.

I agree I think 2 or more a yr at JJP price range limited buyers and you would cannibalize sales

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I agree I think 2 or more a yr at JJP price range limited buyers and you would cannibalize sales

In theory if they could double production numbers they could lower prices. Like I said though purely in theory, doubt it would actually happen but it’s a possibility.

#322 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

In theory if they could double production numbers they could lower prices. Like I said though purely in theory, doubt it would actually happen but it’s a possibility.

I think prices will have to come down when there's the next major global slowdown, financial crisis, or recession. The industry won't survive if they don't.

Stern will be in prime position on that, as their unit costs are obviously so low and margins so high. JJP really do need to dilute their costs and increase their purchasing power and economies of scale by building more games, both if they want to sell more and expand the market as the investors claimed, and if they want to remain viable when inevitable price cuts have to occur due to the economic cycle.

The industry's been riding a wave for the last 7 years or so. It will peter out soon enough.

#323 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think prices will have to come down when there's the next major global slowdown, financial crisis, or recession. The industry won't survive if they don't.
Stern will be in prime position on that, as their unit costs are obviously so low and margins so high. JJP really do need to dilute their costs and increase their purchasing power and economies of scale by building more games, both if they want to sell more and expand the market as the investors claimed, and if they want to remain viable when inevitable price cuts have to occur due to the economic cycle.
The industry's been riding a wave for the last 7 years or so. It will peter out soon enough.

And that economic slowdown has already begun. It's only downhill from here.

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

False.

To qualify for 'one of the greatest pins of all time' everything has to come together - design, theme, art, sound, rules, gameplay, etc. Sadly for DI the theme sucks big time.

#325 5 years ago

Whatever it is, I hope they announce something by february, as I and probably many others will have tax refunds (getting my own money back lol) to spend.

#326 5 years ago

TL;DR
People talking about prices and viability and “if this” and “what about that” at JJP and the economy. There is an economic slowdown because people are saying there is going to be an economical slowdown... period. The 1% are playing with all the money at the top, and have to predict what is the best way to keep the money they already have when everyone in the 99% starts getting worried about an economic slowdown. It feeds on itself. If everyone would just say, You know what? I want a new car and a new JJP Willy Wonka machine this year, and go out and buy one, and then just watch what the economy would do. “We” are the market. We drive our economy. When people start saying “get ready for a recession” is when we have one because everyone is worried we are going to have a recession. If we would all be good little consumers and go out and buy buy buy... we wouldnt have to worry at all. My bet would be on a Toy Story pin, not Wonka. Wonka is a good theme, a good title for a slot machine and video poker if you have been to Vegas. I think this theme works for the 50 and up crowd right now, not the millenials. Toy Story is so family friendly and millenial endearing, JJP would be foolish NOT to do a Toy Story in lieu of Wonka, especially if the mellenials are driving the resurgence.

#327 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

False.
To qualify for 'one of the greatest pins of all time' everything has to come together - design, theme, art, sound, rules, gameplay, etc. Sadly for DI the theme sucks big time.

What I do know about DI is it's a blast to play and Ive played a lot of
pinball in the last thirteen years.If Kaneda says its bad you know it's good
what a douche bag

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What I do know about DI is it's a blast to play and Ive played a lot of
pinball in the last thirteen years.If Kaneda says its bad you know it's good
what a douche bag

Kaneda is never wrong! lol... It is fun to play, I totally agree. If I see it on location or at a show I'll plug plenty of coins into it.

But I wouldn't personally consider buying it, and it's certainly not 'one of the greatest pins ever made' which was my reply to romulusx.

#329 5 years ago

I was calling Kaneda a db he keeps slamming my favorite pin.
Jack needs to send a couple wise guys for a visit.Kaneda keeps
bad mouthing JJP and kissing Sterns ass for whatever reason

#330 5 years ago

To the person who said JJ isn't a young company at 8 years I would totally disagree. They worked on WOZ, had all those problems the game is listed as coming out in 2013. From there it took another 3 years 2016 to release Hobbit, then Dialed in 2017 and Pirates late in 2018.

The longest gap between games was the first to the second and the second longest is 3rd to the 4th.

A company is plenty young at 8 years when you're trying to learn the ropes of mass production. I think anyone in the manufacturing industry would tell you even 10 plus years in they're still trying to streamline.

I think you missed the point totally... JJ is still learning. Stern is still learning but they're way behind all of their competition.

The point is that these other companies are just now getting their legs under them and you'll see more product from them faster.

This will happen based on all of their mistakes in the past.

#331 5 years ago

Guns and roses JJP pin???

OMG....... EPIC!!!!!

#332 5 years ago

DI - perhaps the only game I walked away from with credits left to play during what felt like a 30 minute agonizing ball time. Lol

Different strokes for different folks and that’s ok.

#333 5 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Guns and roses JJP pin???
OMG....... EPIC!!!!!

I’m in for this!

#334 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m in for this!

Eh I might be in.... I'll reserve judgement for the final product. I'm intrigued though.

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

To the person who said JJ isn't a young company at 8 years I would totally disagree. They worked on WOZ, had all those problems the game is listed as coming out in 2013. From there it took another 3 years 2016 to release Hobbit, then Dialed in 2017 and Pirates late in 2018.
The longest gap between games was the first to the second and the second longest is 3rd to the 4th.
A company is plenty young at 8 years when you're trying to learn the ropes of mass production. I think anyone in the manufacturing industry would tell you even 10 plus years in they're still trying to streamline.
I think you missed the point totally... JJ is still learning. Stern is still learning but they're way behind all of their competition.
The point is that these other companies are just now getting their legs under them and you'll see more product from them faster.
This will happen based on all of their mistakes in the past.

JJP took money from people early 2011 it's 8 yrs old. and no that is not plenty young the new company crap is only brought up when an excuse is needed for an issue

#336 5 years ago

Might not be a popular opinion but I wish JJP had the Avatar license with the new movies coming out. They could really do it justice.

#337 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Might not be a popular opinion but I wish JJP had the Avatar license with the new movies coming out. They could really do it justice.

It would be a total waste, IMO. Stern service that kind of completely generic Hollywood franchise perfectly well - GotG, Deapool etc.

2 weeks later
#338 5 years ago

All you DI trolls, please stay out of this and all JJP threads (lol). We don’t need your nonsense here (lol). DI theme is the only thing you can bash, because you know Dialed In plays the best out of any game made. Has the most ball interactive toys. The most shots. Buttery smooth flow, and on and on. So the only thing you can bash is the theme. Which is not a weakness either. It is so well integrated into the table.

BTW, if you’d only open your narrow minds a little, you’d realize the theme is awesome, unless you don’t like all the disaster or campy sci-fi themes of the past. Dialed In stands tall in the theme business and it is refreshing to have an original theme, instead of all the copy and paste movie themes out there. Grow up and stop bashing the best pin ever made just over the theme. You and I know there is nothing else you can say negative about one of the best pin’s ever made. At the very least it is in the top three of all time. No I don’t work for Jack, lol. But he is a friend of mine.

#339 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Stern service that kind of completely generic Hollywood franchise perfectly well

Yet JJP puts out POTC funny stuff

#340 5 years ago

Whenever the release party happens for Willy Wonka, Jack better be dressed in full costume. Seeing the cast pic I realized how different in ages the kids looked and I recall my 3rd grade teacher reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to class. It was magical and my sense of nostalgia feels a bit like Citizen Kane, and I am starting to get a excited for the pinball machine. I’d be very happy for it to share such a great layout with DI.

B31E6055-20D5-44A1-9DAF-E41CA383A91B (resized).jpegB31E6055-20D5-44A1-9DAF-E41CA383A91B (resized).jpeg

#341 5 years ago

Yellow brick road woz then toy story..

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

All you DI trolls, please stay out of this and all JJP threads (lol). We don’t need your nonsense here (lol). DI theme is the only thing you can bash, because you know Dialed In plays the best out of any game made. Has the most ball interactive toys. The most shots. Buttery smooth flow, and on and on. So the only thing you can bash is the theme. Which is not a weakness either. It is so well integrated into the table.
BTW, if you’d only open your narrow minds a little, you’d realize the theme is awesome, unless you don’t like all the disaster or campy sci-fi themes of the past. Dialed In stands tall in the theme business and it is refreshing to have an original theme, instead of all the copy and paste movie themes out there. Grow up and stop bashing the best pin ever made just over the theme. You and I know there is nothing else you can say negative about one of the best pin’s ever made. At the very least it is in the top three of all time. No I don’t work for Jack, lol. But he is a friend of mine.

The theme is fine, but the game is boring after a while. Even with the newer code, it's just too repetitive. Earned like crap after the first few months and was sold on the route I help with. I don't hear any operators saying it's a top earner these days.

#343 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The theme is fine, but the game is boring after a while. Even with the newer code, it's just too repetitive. Earned like crap after the first few months and was sold on the route I help with. I don't hear any operators saying it's a top earner these days.

Even the best shooting pins may not earn well on route, all depends on location, how the game is setup, etc. I was reading a route related thread the other day and one guy said the Hobbit was a terrible earner and another guy with 25 pins or so on route has Hobbit as their #1 earner.

I'll say this, I was very critical of Dialed In after the initial reveal and thought I would never own one. Well, I bought one NIB last year and it's probably my favorite pin in my collection at the moment. It's an incredible shooter, the code is very deep with unique rules, animations on it are some of the best in pinball, and it's loaded up with some very cool toys and features.

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Even the best shooting pins may not earn well on route, all depends on location, how the game is setup, etc. I was reading a route related thread the other day and one guy said the Hobbit was a terrible earner and another guy with 25 pins or so on route has Hobbit as their #1 earner.
I'll say this, I was very critical of Dialed In after the initial reveal and thought I would never own one. Well, I bought one NIB last year and it's probably my favorite pin in my collection at the moment. It's an incredible shooter, the code is very deep with unique rules, animations on it are some of the best in pinball, and it's loaded up with some very cool toys and features.

We ordered one for the route the day it was announced, and I was very excited to get it. It did very well on the route for the first month or two, then fell off a cliff. I think it was the repetitive nature of the progression that turned people off over time (me included). Adding Chaos multiball partway through the mode progression helped break things up, but it's too much mode-mode-mode-mode-mode, still. Plus elements of the playfield weren't really integrated into the story and actual gameplay that well. I still think it's a solid entry for JJP, but WoZ is still their best effort to date. Hopefully Toy Story and/or Wonka finally best that.

#345 5 years ago

So, TS or WW for the next JJP?

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

WW...

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

A shadow or whirlwind remake would be awesome! I kid I kid I’d like to hear more about this yellow brick road version of WOZ; wonder if they’ll show something at TPF?

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

A shadow or whirlwind remake would be awesome! I kid I kid I’d like to hear more about this yellow brick road version of WOZ; wonder if they’ll show something at TPF?

Yup, I asked this exact question a few weeks ago and was told they would remove some of the more problematic mechs from the playfield (the castle doors for example) and that there would be a yellow brick road version, plus a new "thing". Whatever a "thing" is is still TBD.

#349 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Yup, I asked this exact question a few weeks ago and was told they would remove some of the more problematic mechs from the playfield (the castle doors for example) and that there would be a yellow brick road version, plus a new "thing". Whatever a "thing" is is still TBD.

What problematic things are you referencing. My WOZ RR is 14 months old now and has never had a problem. Should I be worried? In fact, all 3 of my JJP's (POTC LE and THBA) have been pretty much bullet proof...

#350 5 years ago

Nah.... Much of the woz issues are pretty trivial at this point. The door can be fixed easiky and everything else are random issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 91.00
$ 32.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.