210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 34.
#251 5 years ago

I watched it with my young kids last week and still loved it. Can't wait to see it.

#252 5 years ago

Please Jack this can't be standard cabinet because the whole world of Willy's chocolate factory has to fit in. if anything it needs to be a bit wider than wide. I'm saving up for this one. .

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’ll still watch it now whenever it is on.

Really?!? You need to grow-up, my friend and stop wasting time on childish things!

With that, I think I will go back downstairs and play with the toys I spend thousands of dollars on like the mature, responsible adult I am!

2 weeks later
#254 5 years ago

Does anyone think that the next JJ release will be announced much closer to delivery date than previous releases?

I'm really contemplating JJPotc but am now thinking about waiting to see what jjp5 will be.

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Does anyone think that the next JJ release will be announced much closer to delivery date than previous releases?
I'm really contemplating JJPotc but am now thinking about waiting to see what jjp5 will be.

I don’t think you will see a JJP game announced anytime soon. Jack said in the Head2Head interview that POtC announce was a mistake and it wouldn’t happen again. Then again he said that after Hobbit also. So hopefully he learned. For real this time.

#256 5 years ago

With JJPTOC, I believe Jack felt that he would be able to deliver the game closer to the announcement at Expo; after all they had three (or was it five) working machines for the reveal.

Then they had the QC issues with the triple disk and I'm sure they would have exhausted all options before resorting to deleting them from the game. Then they had to find a workaround to implement the single disk , change the playfield artwork, add the software to show the disks on the screen, QC the new setup, etc.

Had they played it safe with a single disk in the first place, the game would have likely been out much sooner. But playing it safe is not what JJP (and their customer base) are interested in.

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I'm in the same boat. Really want potc, but if toy story or Wonka is announced at tpf I'll probably regret not waiting to decide. I can only barely afford one, so it's probably something I should wait and see. I don't however want to wait another year before they would ship game 5, so it's a tough call.

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don’t think you will see a JJP game announced anytime soon. Jack said in the Head2Head interview that POtC announce was a mistake and it wouldn’t happen again. Then again he said that after Hobbit also. So hopefully he learned. For real this time.

Jack said in the latest special when lit podcast that 2 JJP titles will be announced in 2019

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Jack said in the latest special when lit podcast that 2 JJP titles will be announced in 2019

This is true. But i do know the next title is Willy. Toy Story may be one of the 2 announced in 2019, but Willy is first to be released..

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This is true. But i do know the next title is Willy. Toy Story may be one of the 2 announced in 2019, but Willy is first to be released..

If the rumors are true, they NEED to release Toy story next. Toy Story 4 comes out in a few months and from a marketing and sales standpoint- it needs to be next. Hopefully they will make a smart business decision and will have a way to market the pin alongside the movies release.

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

If the rumors are true, they NEED to release Toy story next. Toy Story 4 comes out in a few months and from a marketing and sales standpoint- it needs to be next. Hopefully they will make a smart business decision and will have a way to market the pin alongside the movies release.

Would you stop making so much sense.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

They wouldn't be able to sell a Toy Story pin until a period of time after the movie release if they use assets from the new movie. JJP5 will be in production before that.

#263 5 years ago

I'm betting GNR is the game after next. I don't think we see Wonka and toystory both this next year.

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

They wouldn't be able to sell a Toy Story pin until a period of time after the movie release if they use assets from the new movie. JJP5 will be in production before that.

Why? Video games, books and toys will be released simultaneously with the movie and include all the new movies assets. Why couldn’t this work with pinball? It only makes sense to release as close to the movies release date as possible to maximize media coverage and profit

#265 5 years ago

Agreed. A toy story pinball release timed with the upcoming movie release just makes sense.

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Why? Video games, books and toys will be released simultaneously with the movie and include all the new movies assets. Why couldn’t this work with pinball? It only makes sense to release as close to the movies release date as possible to maximize media coverage and profit

The movie release is late June. JJP#5 (Wonka) will be announced and in production before that. Guessing that Toy Story licensing would allow the assets to be revealed after July for a fall reveal. JJP might not even "receive" some of the Toy Story movie assets to use until June.

We will see what happens in Texas.

#267 5 years ago

Why does everyone suddenly think lawlor will release 2 games in one year? Wouldn't it make more sense for a lawlor next, then another Eric game like GNR? Regardless, I'm super stoked for the next 3 jjp games. All 3 are great licenses assuming we're accurate.

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The movie release is late June. JJP#5 (Wonka) will be announced and in production before that. Guessing that Toy Story licensing would allow the assets to be revealed after July for a fall reveal. JJP might not even "receive" some of the Toy Story movie assets to use until June.
We will see what happens in Texas.

I’m excited for JJP next titles regardless of what the theme may be or order they’re released. They make amazing machines and are some of my favorites. I’ve owned 2 and looking forward to 2019. I think 2019 will be a great year to be in the hobby. Home collectors and location pinball is on the rise

#269 5 years ago

What makes people think JJP is doing GNR? Has that been confirmed? I thought Jack at one point said no band pins, but maybe I misread.

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What makes people think JJP is doing GNR? Has that been confirmed? I thought Jack at one point said no band pins, but maybe I misread.

He also said he would never do a theme that was done already. But hobbit is LOTR and JJPTOC is POTC.

#271 5 years ago

LOTR is LOTR, Hobbit is Hobbit.

But yes, he did his own version of POTC.

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm betting GNR is the game after next. I don't think we see nothing Wonka and toystory both this year.

I really hope you are wrong. Another band pin is the last thing this hobby needs right now IMO.

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I really hope you are wrong. Another band pin is the last thing this hobby needs right now IMO.

I don't get as excited about band pins either, but am interested in a jjp version of GNR. Definitely more excited about Wonka, toystory, and potc, but I'm anxious to see how they would do a music pin.

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

He also said he would never do a theme that was done already. But hobbit is LOTR and JJPTOC is POTC.

Ok, but is there any basis behind the GNR rumor?

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

There are quite a few coincidences if the rumor is false.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-new-pin-speculation-thread

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Been known for awhile, plus slash has openly talked about it and has been seen numerous times with jjp employees. Where there's smoke there's fire. Eric is probably doing GNR.

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ive heard eric started on jjpgnr after jjpotc

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Been known for awhile, plus slash has openly talked about it and has been seen numerous times with jjp employees. Where there's smoke there's fire. Eric is probably doing GNR.

Yeah, but Slash is wicked into pinball in general. No surprise he’s in Jersey.

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah, but Slash is wicked into pinball in general. No surprise he’s in Jersey.

He stated he was working on a new pinball game. I smell smoke.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm betting GNR is the game after next. I don't think we see nothing Wonka and toystory both this year.

You are right. Nothing in 2018!

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You are right. Nothing in 2018!

Darn that autocorrect crap. Lol.

#282 5 years ago

I love the Willy Wonka theme.

Hopefully they can announce it and ship it shortly thereafter

JJP could finally have some huge hit themes on their hands

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

iceman44 - I couldn't agree more with your statement.

Selfishly, I hope Willy Wonka is #5 or #6. I only have room for three pins, and my lineup consists of WOZ RR, AFM LE, and DILE. DI is getting the most love at the moment, but if Wonka is done right, DI will have to go (even though I'm having an absolute blast playing it).

Tough choices are coming in 2019.

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What am I missing? Although the different games appeal to different people (I don't like DI, you do) I think all of JJP'S efforts have been commercial and artistic successes. Like you, I am anxiously awaiting what's next. I am confident that whatever it is, it will be great. Even if it is GNR, though I hope not.

#285 5 years ago

I am not a fan of music pins, but I think GNR would be in my collection for sure.

#286 5 years ago

Bring on GNR, love seeing this!!

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Has it been confirmed that the Toy Story game would be based on the new movie and not the previous ones? I could see them doing a game based on the first three released around the same time as the movie doing really well but maybe that makes too much sense.

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm in the same boat. Really want potc, but if toy story or Wonka is announced at tpf I'll probably regret not waiting to decide. I can only barely afford one, so it's probably something I should wait and see. I don't however want to wait another year before they would ship game 5, so it's a tough call.

Why do you feel the need to get the next big hit when you can go out and choose from game 1,2,3 or 4

#289 5 years ago

I'll be ready to buy another game in february or march, and it's gonna be WOZ or Hobbit, or I might wait if something else promising has been announced.

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Why do you feel the need to get the next big hit when you can go out and choose from game 1,2,3 or 4

I'm not looking for "the next big hit". I'm looking for one that I will hold for a long time. Toystory is a Grail theme for me. Wonka could be really cool, but I like potc theme better. My reason for waiting to decide is because I don't have money just to buy ant game any time I want. I'm also not wanting to buy and sell in 6 months to a year and lose $500-1000. Not worth it. I work to hard for the little pinball money I scraped together.

As much as potc looks cool, it didn't turnout to be a must buy, but more of a really want. If it had full assets like hobbit, it would have been a must have. Still looks great, but again, I can certainly wait a few months to see jjps next game if revealed at tpf.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'll be ready to buy another game in february or march, and it's gonna be WOZ or Hobbit, or I might wait if something else promising has been announced.

Woz was my Grail, and it's a masterpiece. I have more fun playing hobbit though. Either will be great.

#292 5 years ago

Glad to hear the rumors pointing to JJP # 5 as Willy Wonka. I think JJP will have another hit on their hands with that theme, especially since it will likely have licensed actor audio and video. Toy Story sounds good but only if JJP has the ability to use the original voice actor audio and clips from the films.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Glad to hear the rumors pointing to JJP # 5 as Willy Wonka. I think JJP will have another hit on their hands with that theme, especially since it will likely have licensed actor audio and video. Toy Story sounds good but only if JJP has the ability to use the original voice actor audio and clips from the films.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm really going to be disappointed if toystory doesn't have full assets. I still have faith in jjp making the best game possible, but hobbit assets set the bar pretty high imo.

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

What am I missing? Although the different games appeal to different people (I don't like DI, you do) I think all of JJP'S efforts have been commercial and artistic successes. Like you, I am anxiously awaiting what's next. I am confident that whatever it is, it will be great. Even if it is GNR, though I hope not.

That is a HUGE negative. I hate DI solely because of the theme

Next

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Next

agreed.....Wonka= in, GNR= out for me....DI= never

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm not looking for "the next big hit". I'm looking for one that I will hold for a long time. Toystory is a Grail theme for me. Wonka could be really cool, but I like potc theme better. My reason for waiting to decide is because I don't have money just to buy ant game any time I want. I'm also not wanting to buy and sell in 6 months to a year and lose $500-1000. Not worth it. I work to hard for the little pinball money I scraped together.
As much as potc looks cool, it didn't turnout to be a must buy, but more of a really want. If it had full assets like hobbit, it would have been a must have. Still looks great, but again, I can certainly wait a few months to see jjps next game if revealed at tpf.

The lower chaste has been revealed. Good day to you sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY!!

EFC585FB-93F9-4D1D-AF1E-F3C00C4F2A17.gifEFC585FB-93F9-4D1D-AF1E-F3C00C4F2A17.gif
#297 5 years ago

Wonk ? Sorry I just don’t get it
Strange movie for me

GNR yes, not every game has to be for the family. AC/DC ??metallica? Huge hits n sales , there’s a lot of music fans , Harley Riders ? Street rods etc

Wonk ? What’s next the muppets ?
The good old days had tits n ass in the artwork what happened to that ?

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

GnR has a new album (and probably a tour) in late 2019. The tour they just finished is the second-highest grossing of all time at $500 million. They have a lot of fans worldwide. I could see JJP swapping back Toy Story to next to catch the movie, and then GnR after that in the fall to line up with the album and tour, and pushing Wonka to 2020.

#299 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Next

What Dialed In haters don't realize is DI is one of the greatest pins ever made.

#300 5 years ago

Regardless of what order they come in, JJP sure as hell better be able to crank up speed of production. Something they look like they struggled with on both DI and PotC. Then they will also need to maintain quality and quality assurance.

It'll be a disaster if they release 2 machines in 2019, and they're still only capable of producing at current cadence. Or they build much faster but ship with many issues.

2 new titles, plus WOZ YBR, plus residual demand for DI and PotC ... people would end up waiting literally years, and give up, with existing rate of production.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/6?hl=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.