210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 34.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Adding to all the speculation here re. game features, it would be cool if the game had a topper modeled along the lines of a Wonkanator with Willy, Charlie, and Grandpa Joe figures inside it and RGB lighting that pulsed to the music. I could see that as a feature at least on the CE (Ala the POTC CE's glass bottle ship topper).

Or better yet a topper of the factory with a mini wonkavator that pops out of the top with those figures ONLY if you make it through the game.

#1602 4 years ago

I can top your topper. I’m putting my CE INSIDE a Wonkavator. That way I can easily move its 400 lbs around my house: sideways and slantways and longways and backwards and squareways and frontways and any other ways my wife can think of.

#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I can top your topper. I’m putting my CE INSIDE a Wonkavator. That way I can easily move its 400 lbs around my house: sideways and slantways and longways and backwards and squareways and front says and any other ways my wife can think of.

Ah yes the Escalera Willy Wonka edition

#1604 4 years ago

I like your thinking but I could also use it to hide the game from my wife until she gets over the shock of my having bought a CE.

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/attend/

Friday Night Preview.

Something like 15 tickets left as I type this. We sold 12 in the last 24 hours, but only 1 in the 24 hours preceding that, so hard to say how long they'll last.

I wish CGC would have sent me this year instead of last.

Have fun. Post pictures. Watch the Twitch stream.

LTG : )

#1607 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wish CGC would have sent me this year instead of last.
Have fun. Post pictures. Watch the Twitch stream.

Not gonna drive down hey?

#1608 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Not gonna drive down hey?

Not just drive down. 5 1/2 hours, hit MGC, try and get a preview ticket, then 5 1/2 hours back. And close my business on a Friday.

I have thought about it. I'd like to get a peek under the hood before tech support starts. Just not a great idea.

Last year CGC needed me, paid me and expenses. And we had 2 feet of snow at my business, so it didn't matter if I was closed or not. So I really lucked out on that one.

I shall live vicariously through all the news and pictures Friday night.

#1609 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not just drive down. 5 1/2 hours, hit MGC, try and get a preview ticket, then 5 1/2 hours back. And close my business on a Friday

Heck I’d buy a tank of gas if someone put you up for the eve.
You are a huge asset, JJP should get you to the show.

#1610 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Heck I’d buy a tank of gas if someone put you up for the eve.

I appreciate the kindness of your offer. Thank you, no.

Quoted from Vino:

JJP should be getting you to the show.

I believe their presence at MGC is with Chris - Kingpin Games. Doing all they need. Chris has his people already.

#1611 4 years ago

Heard on the latest Kaneda podcast that Joe Katz, not Keith Johnson is on Wonka code. Would be cool if Joe is the lead on the game, he's done a lot of great work at JJP. Maybe Keith is on Pirates for a while longer while Ted is on the fall title since his last game as a lead was Dialed In?

#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I appreciate the kindness of your offer. Thank you, no.

I believe their presence at MGC is with Chris - Kingpin Games. Doing all they need. Chris has his people already.

True, but it's nice to have you around too.

#1613 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Dan should offer seminar only tickets. I feel like people would assume the jjp seminar was part of the weekend ticket and not an extra. I did.

Someday, I hope to make a show that you appreciate.

Still working on it!

Oh, and there is no weekend ticket. If you bought the three day ticket, it's in it. If you bought the Sat / Sun ticket, it's not.

Screenshot_20190406-213645 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190406-213645 (resized).jpg
#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Shouldn't you be asleep. If my 1.5 year toddler wasnt fully awake, I know would rather be sleeping right now.

It's a balancing act. If I sleep less now, I can sleep more next week. Evens out to be like four hours a night for a couple weeks, instead of less than that or messing stuff up. It's... Worth it?

Quoted from wesman:

I was in for two of those 12, woohoo!!!

Thank you for your support! Today's been a bit slower on them, although I'm out right now so I'm not watching right now! (just emails, Facebook, Pinside and Instagram!)

#1615 4 years ago

Any chance JJP puts 5 golden tickets in random machines for a chance to tour the factory with him?

#1616 4 years ago

I haven't followed this thread, but I'm just curious...can someone sum up what we know about the game so far?

Looking forward to the reveal Friday.

#1617 4 years ago

If I find a Golden Ticket, I want Jack to give me my life time supply of Pinball... that would mean more than the factory tour.

#1618 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Any chance JJP puts 5 golden tickets in random machines for a chance to tour the factory with him?

You don't need a golden ticket to do that.

#1619 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

You don't need a golden ticket to do that.

Gilebig is right. Both Stern and JJP have been very nice and allowed tours with notice. I'm going on Stern tour next week. Toured JJP when WOZ was the only machine on the assembly line.
What might be cool is if they do the Golden Ticket thing to win a free topper or autographed back glass by the kids cast.

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Adding to all the speculation here re. game features, it would be cool if the game had a topper modeled along the lines of a Wonkanator with Willy, Charlie, and Grandpa Joe figures inside it and RGB lighting that pulsed to the music. I could see that as a feature at least on the CE (Ala the POTC CE's glass bottle ship topper).

Most of the toppers suck, with just some blinky lights. Game of Thrones and AfM are the best in class, the JJP PotC bottle is an honorable mention. All the rest need some mechanical action, especially if they're asking $400! Unfortunately, it's going the wrong way, with most of the recent ones being lame row of plexiglass, and that's it. Maiden's Trooper one is a hulking mass of molded plastic just to have some blinky lights. It doesn't DO anything. Boring.

#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

You can pretty much do that for free if you ask real nice, can't you?

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Most of the toppers suck, with just some blinky lights. Game of Thrones and AfM are the best in class, the JJP PotC bottle is an honorable mention. All the rest need some mechanical action, especially if they're asking $400! Unfortunately, it's going the wrong way, with most of the recent ones being lame row of plexiglass, and that's it. Maiden's Trooper one is a hulking mass of molded plastic just to have some blinky lights. It doesn't DO anything. Boring.

I agree. AFM's topper is fun. Otherwise, I've never met a topper I thought was worthwhile. TWD's Governor's Fish Tank topper is fetching $500 these days. It blinks, sure, but it's still boring. Pass.

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I haven't followed this thread, but I'm just curious...can someone sum up what we know about the game so far?
Looking forward to the reveal Friday.

The name has been revealed so far. Also, the reveal date of April 12th, 2019 at 7pm cst. Location for the reveal is Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee, WI. You will also be able to catch the stream live from JJP Live and Buffalo Pinball.

No pricing, features, or anything else has been revealed.

Most distributors have started an "interested list." Contact your local distributor to get on their list. If you don't have a local one, I can put you on my list if you like. Just send your name and phone to me.

Christopher
[email protected]

#1624 4 years ago

I was so sure I could rest my wallet and out of space.....dammit....scoping the gameroom now, and a good Saturday night at Harrah's..is this a sign?

#1625 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was so sure I could rest my wallet and out of space.....dammit....scoping the gameroom now, and a good Saturday night at Harrah's..is this a sign?

Yes, yes it is. There’s always a way to shoehorn in another pin when necessary!

Unfortunately it’s always necessary in this hobby!

#1626 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Yes, yes it is. There’s always a way to shoehorn in another pin when necessary!

I swear my addiction is getting worse...thought there was gonna be some kind of help group started on here awhile back...I need it...

#1627 4 years ago

Bring on Wonka......!!!!!!!!

(This was created for fun only)

758A96BC-36FB-40CC-8E02-A779752ADA82 (resized).jpeg758A96BC-36FB-40CC-8E02-A779752ADA82 (resized).jpeg
#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I swear my addiction is getting worse...thought there was gonna be some kind of help group started on here awhile back...I need it...

Not here my friend. Here they only encourage you to get more and more. Even if it puts you into an inescapable debt.

#1629 4 years ago

Guys & Gals

I am so up for this one that I am working all thru the weekend and the next four days after that to get so caught up with my work - and then it off to the show / reveal. I am so ready for this one - Can not wait --

I know that I am in for #12 CE and we all know what it will be - But either way -- I am always down for JJP Games. Their quality and technology is second to none. They do things with so much passion and for the fun.

I know I give alot of shit about the powder coating of the doors and I like to give JJP some hassle on that and will continue to do so - Because to me its my passion of the game to make them that much better and I love the add mods to dress them up with toys and mods that are being made by other companies. It really is amazing to see what it being done today compare to the past years.

So....Bottom line - How can the next JJP gone wrong -- I really don't think it will - Its going to be a homerun. I am in and will always be in. Its will be their best game to date - and I look forward to this game and the future games a well.

With Joe's help and the connection that we have - I am and always will be JJP fan and most of all .... A pinball fan.

I love pinball -- ITS MY PASSION and I am so blessed that I have the means to share it with those in my area that do not have a pinball machine and everytime I see a little boy or girl playing pinball - It warms my heart and the parents always leave with a Thank You and most ask "Why" - I always reply, It my passion and its my way to give back to to let those play these amazing games.

SO -- With that said - BRING IT ON -- WILLY WONKA CE MODEL -- How can it go wrong - With JJP at the wheel -- ITS GOING TO BE FREAKIN AMAZING.

#1630 4 years ago

So sounds like it will play easier with "wide" ramps according to the Podcast That Can Not Be Named.

#1631 4 years ago

So I'm in for sure. CE. #12.

SUPER excited!

#1632 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

SUPER excited!

Crap, you too? Jack guaranteed me #12 months ago.

#1633 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So sounds like it will play easier with "wide" ramps according to the Podcast That Can Not Be Named.

Kaneda mentioned that Pat Lawlor is going back and tweaking some things on the game, and said that the version they played is not the final production version. He made it sound like the ramp(s) wide and may be narrowed a bit.

#1634 4 years ago

Can’t wait to see you at MGC Richie.

E2747705-4CA2-4AFE-BF00-B85EF92619BA (resized).pngE2747705-4CA2-4AFE-BF00-B85EF92619BA (resized).png
#1635 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Kaneda mentioned that Pat Lawlor is going back and tweaking some things on the game, and said that the version they played is not the final production version. He made it sound like the ramp(s) wide and may be narrowed a bit.

Didn't believe that, but probably a non issue anyway.

#1636 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It's def a sign Mark! Make some more room brother.

#1637 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

SUPER excited!

Did stern start a CE Edition of games ???? Because JJP CE #12 is mine -- You must be talking about Stern Edition

JOE --- WHERE ARE YOU?????? Clean this up -- LMAO

#1638 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Did stern start a CE Edition of games ???? Because JJP CE #12 is mine -- You must be talking about Stern Edition
JOE --- WHERE ARE YOU?????? Clean this up -- LMAO

Yeah Joe come in here. Hear this offer, 12,800 for CE #12 and as a bonus I suspect you will never get calls at 3am again. Priceless!

#1639 4 years ago

Knock yourselves out, clutter up this thread too with that same BS!

#1640 4 years ago

:wall:Joe where the F are you!

#1641 4 years ago

Need me some powder coated coin doors. ALL CAPS! I WANT IT NOW!!!!

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Need me some powder coated coin doors. ALL CAPS! I WANT IT NOW!!!!

Iceman - you too much lol

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah Joe come in here. Hear this offer, 12,800 for CE #12 and as a bonus I suspect you will never get calls at 3am again. Priceless!

Now that is funny -- A bidding war -- That would be a new one -- LMAO

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Now that is funny -- A bidding war -- That would be a new one -- LMAO

Trying to help Joe get your list price up to 14k. lol

#1645 4 years ago

Do we have any sense of what kind of compromises there will be with a standard edition?

#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Do we have any sense of what kind of compromises there will be with a standard edition?

Nothing that we have confirmation on. Some have thought it will have less mech or two, others have said it will only be cosmetic changes. Until the reveal I don't think we'll know for sure.

#1648 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Nothing that we have confirmation on. Some have thought it will have less mech or two, others have said it will only be cosmetic changes. Until the reveal I don't think we'll know for sure.

JJP has traditionally avoided gameplay differences between the price tiers, which I think is a good thing that I hope they continue.

I hate that on Sterns, sometimes the pro shoots better than the premium - impossible to know until all versions are out.

#1649 4 years ago

I don’t know which is anticipated more by Pinside, the reveal of JJP WW, the Dead Flip stream of BKSoR or delivery of my MBrLE.

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I don’t know which is anticipated more by Pinside, the reveal of JJP WW, the Dead Flip stream of BKSoR or delivery of my MBrLE.

The dead flip BK stream is the single most anticipated thing in Pinside history.

Until 10 minutes after it's over, at which time the Wonka reveal on Friday will become the most anticipated thing in Pinside history.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/33?hl=vintage2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.