210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 34.
#1501 5 years ago

The expectations seem to be so high for this game, that I don't think it could ever live up to the hype.

That being said... I hope it's awesome and has everything I want in it.

#1502 5 years ago
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).pngCECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png
#1503 5 years ago

Dear JJP,

Willy Wonka is a classic.
It is a movie we grew up on and respect.
JJP please do not fuck this up!

3 Hail Mary’s and fingers crossed..

#1504 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My "opinion", there has to be an Oompa Loompa song. Don't even think it about it.
I've lost a lot of $$ sitting on that slot machine listening to that Oompa mode. Still makes me happy!

Hopefully it won't be like the slot machine where you can get an Ooma Loompa bonus and then get zero points (dollars) from it lol. Have had that happen a couple times.

Yeah, an Oompa Loompa song has to be in the game like you said, at least the first one from the movie.

#1505 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Dear JJP,
Willy Wonka is a classic.
It is a movie we grew up on and respect.
JJP please do not fuck this up!
3 Hail Mary’s and fingers crossed..

We are about to find out.

In Lawlor I trust......when he's not doing his own theme

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We are about to find out.
In Lawlor I trust......when he's not doing his own theme

Come on fh, es,ww, ngg , rs, sc and di are all great pins... now if u like the theme or not is another thing... but he makes great playing and innovative pinball machines.

#1507 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No Oompa Loompa song and I’m out.

LOL! I'm not saying I wouldn't include the Oompa Loompas. I guess I'm questioning Kaneda's number of songs and/or questioning whether someone told him about "music" or actual "songs." Musically, the two themes are Pure Imagination and Golden Ticket. You can have instrumentals of those playing in the BG throughout the course of the game. If you're counting actual songs, with lyrics, there are a total of 9 of them in the film, and it would be hard to whittle them down to just 4. I would consider The Candy Man, (I've Got a) Golden Ticket, Pure Imagination, and I Want It Now as requirements, and that would leave no room for anything else. And, if you're going to try to include the Oompa Loompa song, which one do you plan to include? There are four versions. I would think it would be better to include a small snippet, or several snippets, perhaps one for each of four game modes for the naughty children, rather than trying to include an entire Oompa Loompa song as something that plays in the BG. And that puts us back to questioning what constitutes a "song" according to Kaneda or his pigeon. LOL!

#1508 5 years ago

There are almost too many possibilities for this theme. I get overwhelmed thinking of all the different ways you can go with the modes and overall flow. To really hit this one out of the park, they would need a large team of designers to brainstorm for weeks and build prototype mechs for each prop and character in the movie. Then perhaps the most innovative pieces would stand out and help to guide the development of the rule set, modes, scenes, music, etc. I would be so stressed out trying to perfect it. I think if they use WOZ as a guideline, they will be fine. Simplicity in the flow, but deep creativity in the artwork, and an ultimate Wizard Mode that has that magical feel you get from the movie for the cherry on top. Can’t wait to see what they come up with.

#1509 5 years ago

I'm finally making my first forum post because I'm geared up for this rumored game like a lot of people seem to be. I'm not sure if it's even remotely possible given the expected announcement is coming less than a month before, but I'd lose it if JJ had a Wonka pin at PinFest in Allentown on May 3/4.

#1510 5 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

...and an ultimate Wizard Mode that has that magical feel you get from the movie for the cherry on top.

The ultimate wizard mode would have to be where the Wonkavator bursts out of the machine. Hopefully, there will be an option to leave Invisglass off of the CE. A needless expense if we’re having to replace the glass on a regular basis.

#1511 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I'd lose it if JJ had a Wonka pin at PinFest in Allentown

Given the distance to JJP from Pinfest it seems highly likely considering the reveal will be at MGC.

#1512 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I'm finally making my first forum post because I'm geared up for this rumored game like a lot of people seem to be. I'm not sure if it's even remotely possible given the expected announcement is coming less than a month before, but I'd lose it if JJ had a Wonka pin at PinFest in Allentown on May 3/4.

Welcome to the mayhem!

I hope to go to Allentown as well, so I'll hope for that also!

#1513 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

The ultimate wizard mode would have to be where the Wonkavator bursts out of the machine. Hopefully, there will be an option to leave Invisglass off of the CE. A needless expense if we’re having to replace the glass on a regular basis.

Well now that is imaginative! it seems to be a no brainer that wonkavator and the end theme song should be involved in the ultimate wizard mode. I’d also like to see colored balls corresponding to various modes, although it wouldn’t be very feasible or cost effective. For example “Golden Egg” Multiball after completing a few Veruca objectives, with shiny gold balls. Then perhaps “Blueberry” Multiball after completing Violet objectives, with violet balls. “Chocolate River Multiball” after completing Augustus objectives, with brown balls. “Wonkavision Multiball” after completing Mike TeeVee objectives, with white balls with tiny colored specks on them. If money were no object, this theme could house a lot of innovations in modern pinball. All dreaming aside, if this pin is done right, I might very well spring for the CE over the LE.

#1514 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No Oompa Loompa song and I’m out.

yeah love that bollywood oompa song!

#1515 5 years ago

Still a week away and the hype is real. I'm going to play Wonka and BKSOR all weekend and even though pinside will have loved and hated the reveal to the very extremes, I will still give you my dose of realism on how it looks and plays. Because...I can't quit you, Pinside!

i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpgi-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg

#1516 5 years ago

Can we all just agree that it will be "WW" from now on? Not "WiWo", "WilWon", "WONKA", or anything else?

#1517 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Can we all just agree that it will be "WW" from now on? Not "WiWo", "WilWon", "WONKA", or anything else?

I think that already belongs to the greatest system 11 game ever Whirlwind!

#1518 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think that already belongs to the greatest system 11 game ever Whirlwind!

How about JJWW?

#1519 5 years ago

Works for me

#1520 5 years ago

WONK?

#1521 5 years ago

I prefer WIWO, but with that and $1 you get a cup of coffee at McDonald’s...

#1522 5 years ago

Since we live in a world now where more than one manufacturer can (eventually) tackle the same theme...how about JJWW?

#1523 5 years ago

It's Wonka surely. You don't abbreviate a pin you can distinguish in 5 letters do you?

#1524 5 years ago

Yea I'd say just Wonka.

#1525 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Except there's whirlwind. Also designed by Pat Lawlor.

#1526 5 years ago

JWOWW

E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpegE38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
#1527 5 years ago

I agree with the theory that you dont need to abbreviate 5 letters... Wonka works fine

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

It's Wonka surely. You don't abbreviate a pin you can distinguish in 5 letters do you?

Iron Maiden became IMDN instead of just "Maiden." This is a strange world we live in.

#1529 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Iron Maiden became IMDN instead of just "Maiden." This is a strange world we live in.

But Maiden is 6 letters!! That's one over the limit

#1530 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

You know we like to shorten everything so what about just " W "

#1531 5 years ago

I'm impressed at the lack of leaks... No camera phone inside edition shots of a mock up play field or cabinet art or anything...

Jeff

#1532 5 years ago

While I agree that difference in Wonka vs JJWW is only 1 letter I really only have to hit 2 keys for JJWW and 5 separate keys for Wonka. Unless you count me holding down shift...

#1533 5 years ago

Ok so what did you guys that went to JJP tour think about stuff seen?

#1534 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Come on fh, es,ww, ngg , rs, sc and di are all great pins... now if u like the theme or not is another thing... but he makes great playing and innovative pinball machines.

What about FGy, can it get no love?!? I’ll give you that I can’t stand Shrek, and I even swap the code in my FGy once in a while to remind myself why.

I like Pat, have chatted at length about pinball over the years at Expo’s past. I loved his work on DI, from the mechanics, layout, toys... it’s great stuff. If it would have been Sim City, it would have hit it out of the park. Which is why I have great hope for WONK (or maybe WWKA?)

Pat can integrate, he turned hill climbing into pinball, so I think he can turn a chocolate factory into a pinball machine. Will it be as inovative as Banzi Run was back then only using todays technology? That is a thought to ponder

#1536 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

JJP could actually simulate this, and it would be bitchin’. Have a Wonkavator in the machine (near the top) that starts rising and shaking. Pick up the animation of the rising Wonkavator on the LCD screen and finally, for greatest and most interactive topper in the history of pinball, have an actual Wonkavator then emerge out of the top of the machine (spewing broken glass everywhere on the LE only) and serve as the Topper until the start of the next game.

And of course it should have 3 spinning discs on the playfield.

#1537 5 years ago

I'll continue to believe the river was REAL CHOCOLATE not dirty sewer water.

Great clip, thanks for sharing.

#1538 5 years ago

So 4 original songs is what has me concerned about this game... Love JJ but like somebody else said I do like a game that kicks me in the face... I look past that for WOZ - but wonder about this one.

#1539 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Its hard to judge right now as Wonka has yet to be revealed. Will it have more or less in it then Dialed In? Will it have as interesting of toys and custom animations? Who knows. Gotta wait and see. If not it will seem like a big price increase.

All I know is that it needs some sort of Augustus captive ball shot where you knock him out of the pipe lol.

#1540 5 years ago

Just posted on FB

Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
#1541 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I thought it was already established that the game is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. So, WWCF is the logical choice.

#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I'm impressed at the lack of leaks... No camera phone inside edition shots of a mock up play field or cabinet art or anything...
Jeff

We've never seen that kind of thing on a JJP release, and people who have played and seen the game have likely signed and abidden by their NDAs.

I've heard some precious and tantalizing details but I'm simply not at liberty to share them!

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We've never seen that kind of thing on a JJP release, and people who have played and seen the game have likely signed and abidden by their NDAs.
I've heard some precious and tantalizing details but I'm simply not at liberty to share them!

I'm not under an NDA but not going to spoil what I've heard/seen either!

#1544 5 years ago

Perhaps there may be a JJP Tom and Jerry Pin in the future. These movies are actually quite enjoyable.

tJ ww (resized).jpgtJ ww (resized).jpgtom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpgtom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
#1545 5 years ago

Speculation post for fun.

Will the playfield layout be the different rooms in the factory?

Would you rather have in the game:

Wonkatania or Wonkavator?

Chocolate, purple, or gold powder coating?

Pop Bumpers: Candy or 3 Oompa Loompa sculpts?

How dark do you want the theme to get? (there's some creepy stuff in there between the boat ride, the man with the knife cart, and slugworth)

Will the ball be on Wonkavision and travel in millions of tiny pieces to another part of the playfield (subway ramp)?

Will Augustus get stuck in a chocolate habitrail?

What will the interactive toy be? What will the multi-balls be? What are the ruleset objectives?

Only Jersey Jack can let us hope to have some of these things in a pinball machine.

What features do you want to see in the game?

#1546 5 years ago
ww (resized).pngww (resized).png
#1547 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

What features do you want to see in the game?

How about a Fizzy Lifting Drink mode where you ball floats up into the air? Doubt it'd ever happen, but I'd love to see it!

#1548 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

How about a Fizzy Lifting Drink mode where you ball floats up into the air? Doubt it'd ever happen, but I'd love to see it!

I thought of that. It would be a timed mode before you hit the fan. Probably hitting shots. There will be huge BURP sounds for each hit, leading you back towards the ground/safety.

Ball can't float. Pinball would have to be "easy" for that to happen.

#1549 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yeah I owned RS. Packed and an amazing layout.

I like all the other ones, just not DI which is what I was really referring to

There is so much to work with on Wonka I’m sure it’s going to be a jaw dropper

Purple trim for me. No gold or chocolate

#1550 5 years ago

I’m sure it’s been mentioned before, but how cool would it be if 5/200 CE games came with a golden ticket to a private meet and greet with the design team?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,600 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 32.99
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/31?hl=viperjelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.