210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 34.
#1451 5 years ago

Joe beat me to it.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride....

#1452 5 years ago

At this point, I couldn't care less about $100 here or there.
Just give me a great looking and playing game that doesn't require a 6 month wait and a 1/2 dozen adjustments once I open it up
and JJP will have an LE customer

#1453 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

At this point, I couldn't care less about $100 here or there.
Just give me a great looking and playing game that doesn't require a 6 month wait and a 1/2 dozen adjustments once I open it up
and JJP will have an LE customer

People are DYING for a game like this I think. A good game with a good theme that isn't overstuffed with questionable mechs. Picture...Dialed in with a an awesome license.

I think that's what we may have here. All I'm hearing about this game sounds great so far, I think people here are gonna be very happy with it.

#1454 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Joe beat me to it.
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride....

Thank me later, Chris... lol !

Can't wait to see what Kinpin has in store for MGC ! My first time to the show ! Will there another Kingpin Kiddie Ride Menagarie ? LOVE IT ! If so I want to ride in a Bert and Ernie car with you ! The two of us, together if we can fit our fat butts in it ! : )

#1455 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

All I stated was that the pricing was the same as POTC (now known to be less for the SE model than POTC) that's it... Then you took a comment from a private email someone posted and you said the price increased, which it did not, so I corrected you. Don't stir the pot and put misinformation out there. Same thing you did last week in the CG thread. You want to compare old games and wide vs standard whatever, like you said that's another topic. Do you go and count the mechanisms a Stern game has from one to the next and the compare pricing. How do you know what a license costs ? Let's see - DI = ZERO. The next JJP if rumors are true = surely not ZERO. You don't even know what is or isn't in the next game how can you start to scrutinize pricing / bill of materials. You can't. WOZ used to be $ 6,500 and Stern Spiderman was $ 4,500 if you want to go back in time and make pricing comparisons. Yes, pinball has gotten more expensive all the way around, BUT JJP did not raise the price over POTC. That was what people were wondering what people were asking, let's not make it out to be more than it is. Be happy these companies are making new games at all or we'd all be playing NBA and CSI these days. We hopefully have a great year lining up for every manufacturer doing great things in the hobby. This thread should be about the excitement about a new title coming.

Misinformation? Your own email stated prices for a game not even formally announced yet so probably not best to talk about that. As for my comment on CG/MBr - that was based on facts as well. No question there either.

We're just having fun here speculating about things which is why someone posted your email. I commented on the price and the fact it's being stated as the same when it's not. That's just the truth of the matter and you can spin it whatever way you see fit. Bottom line, if the new response is that for an LE, JJP doesn't have a set price for Wide vs Standard, and we should ignore prices of the past....well good luck with that.

The rational person will say how much was Dialed In, the previous standard....9k? How much is the new standard....9.5? OK, that's a 500 increase. Would that cause me to not buy it - of course not but that's for the individual to decide. I'm super pumped but just stating what's going on here.

#1456 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Misinformation? Your own email stated prices for a game not even formally announced yet so probably not best to talk about that.
We're just having fun here speculating about things which is why someone posted your email. I commented on the price and the fact it's being stated as the same when it's not. That's just the truth of the matter and you can spin it whatever way you see fit. Bottom line, if the new response is that for an LE, JJP doesn't have a set price for Wide vs Standard, and we should ignore prices of the past....well good luck with that.
The rationale person will say how much was Dialed In, the previous standard....9k? How much is the new standard....9.5? OK, that's a 500 increase. Would that cause me to not buy it - of course not. Just stating what's going on here.

Rational person would realize DI had no license as both Chris and I are trying to explain among a laundry list of other things that go into a BOM. The comment I made was there was no price increase over POTC as per JJP info. FACT. Actually price going down on SE. I give up. Let's all just wait for next week and discuss when we know something / everything... I'll buy you a beer at next show Delt31 or a puppy...

#1457 5 years ago

Good F'ng Lord, what some people obsess over.

#1458 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

you are missing that there is no set price for a cabinet size per game
Woz Standard 8500
Hobbit Standard 8000
Dialed in Standard 8000
Potc Standard 8500
what does cabinet size have to do with it? You could also go with licensed vs unlicensed. bill of material on games, many, many factors go into the price.

Always appreciate your input here. It seems like Stern doesn't follow this approach - they have set prices regardless of the IP, bill of materials. Interesting that jjp could be taking that approach. Who knows where pricing goes from here then for future games. I guess we saw that with yellow woz

#1459 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Always appreciate your input here. It seems like Stern doesn't follow this approach - they have set prices regardless of the IP, bill of materials. Would you agree?

HA! Where have you been man?

#1460 5 years ago

Can we not wait a whole 'nother 8 days to get the full reveal and shortly after, pricing structure? What's there more to talk about in regards to that? It'll be what it is, and what you will pay for it will be up to you. What some podcaster says means nothing when you have Distros saying something else.

#1461 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Can we not wait a whole 'nother 8 days to get the full reveal and shortly after, pricing structure? What's there more to talk about in regards to that? It'll be what it is, and what you will pay for it will be up to you. What some podcaster says means nothing when you have Distros saying something else.

But I want to buy it now!

58708804-6E29-42C8-8FFE-2068DA09F12B (resized).png58708804-6E29-42C8-8FFE-2068DA09F12B (resized).png
#1462 5 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

But I want to buy it now![quoted image]

Exactly.

#1463 5 years ago

My dear Veruca...

#1464 5 years ago

She was a bad egg....

#1465 5 years ago

Snozzberry-colored balls please.

#1466 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Always appreciate your input here. It seems like Stern doesn't follow this approach - they have set prices regardless of the IP, bill of materials. Interesting that jjp could be taking that approach. Who knows where pricing goes from here then for future games. I guess we saw that with yellow woz

I forget, how much is a Stern wide body for comparison?

#1467 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I only have standard bodies to compare to but you know that already ; )

Seems like the continued increase in pricing doesn't seem to be a big deal to many. I like to identify when prices go up especially when they're not being represented as such. It's helpful to understand as a consumer as to why that's the case.

Now bring on the game....

#1468 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The rational person will say how much was Dialed In, the previous standard....9k? How much is the new standard....9.5? OK, that's a 500 increase. Would that cause me to not buy it - of course not but that's for the individual to decide. I'm super pumped but just stating what's going on here.

When did JJP or anyone else ever state that there is a standard body price and widebody price for their games? You're the only one I recall ever mentioning that. You literally just made that up, lol....and then argued with distributors about it. That was fun.

#1469 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

When did JJP or anyone else ever state that there is a standard body price and widebody price for their games? You're the only one I recall ever mentioning that. You literally just made that up, lol....and then argued with distributors about it. That was fun.

A bit OT but does anyone know if WPC Super-pins priced the same as their standard body counterparts in the 90's? If there was a difference, how much was it?

#1470 5 years ago

Or for that matter, were GNR or BMF more than other DE/Sega pins? I doubt it...

#1471 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I only have standard bodies to compare to but you know that already ; )
Seems like the continued increase in pricing doesn't seem to be a big deal to many. I like to identify when prices go up especially when they're not being represented as such. It's helpful to understand as a consumer as to why that's the case.
Now bring on the game....

Its been pointed out by others, but how are you NOT grasping the concept that there is a licensing cost for Wonka that was NOT there for DI? Both are standard bodies, but one has a license that had to be paid for and one was an original concept. Again, how are you not understanding this?

#1472 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

No, he said it was from a certain podcaster in the other Wonka thread. After I saw that, I pretty much disregarded any other "facts" that were stated.

#1473 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Its been pointed out by others, but how are you NOT grasping the concept that there is a licensing cost for Wonka that was NOT there for DI? Both are standard bodies, but one has a license that had to be paid for and one was an original concept. Again, how are you not understanding this?

Dialed In also required 100% of everything in the game to be custom made from the animations, to artwork, audio, music, etc. That had to cost some bucks versus being able to use existing video clips and music in a good chunk of the game.

#1474 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I understand that.... But man what a great industry for someone to sell pinball. Company now charges more bc they aquired a license and you accept that as a reason to increase price? Really? How does Stern manage? They don't charge more for Deadpool than BK3? I'll tell you if they did though people would be flipping the F out. I love jjp but I can see how Stern guys point out a double standard bc that company (Stern) would be crucified for applying a similar practice

As for mixing it up with the distributor - ha! I like things represented accurately. If you want to accept the increase that's fine but let's not sell it like it's not.

I'm not sure I understand the reference to kaneda. Pricing being discussed (as rumor only) is based on a distributor sending an email to only certain customers for a game that hasn't been announced.

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I understand that.... But man what a great industry for someone to sell pinball. Company now charges more bc they aquired a license and you accept that as a reason to increase price? Really? How does Stern manage? They don't charge more for Deadpool than BK3?
As for mixing it up with the distributor - ha! I like things represented accurately. If you want to accept the increase that's fine but let's not sell it like it's not.
I'm not sure I understand the reference to kaneda. Pricing being discussed (as rumor only) is based on a distributor sending an email to only certain consumers for a game that hasn't been announced.

Its hard to judge right now as Wonka has yet to be revealed. Will it have more or less in it then Dialed In? Will it have as interesting of toys and custom animations? Who knows. Gotta wait and see. If not it will seem like a big price increase.

#1476 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Its hard to judge right now as Wonka has been revealed. Will it have more or less in it then Dialed In? Will it have as interesting of toys and custom animations? Who knows. Gotta a wait and see. If not it will seem like a big price increase.

Yeah I agree this is all rumor. Part of the fun of the forum is the speculation which this simply is. What would it be perceived as if the rumors turn out to be true.

Look at that alien cgc thread. All speculation but still fun to talk about it....

#1477 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah I agree this is all rumor. Part of the fun of the forum is the speculation which this simply is. What would it be perceived as if the rumors turn out to be true.
Look at that alien cgc thread. All speculation but still fun to talk about it....

Yup Right now I'm 50 / 50 on whether or not Wonka will have as much in it as Dialed In. Either JJP is going to continue down the route of loading games up with a ton of stuff or will scale them back slightly to generate more profit.

#1478 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup Right now I'm 50 / 50 on whether or not Wonka will have as much in it as Dialed In. Either JJP is going to continue down the route of loading games up with a ton of stuff or will scale them back slightly to generate more profit.

Same here, I'm worried that JJP is stepping down on loading machines with toys and mechs like they used to, following what they started with YBR. Wonka is on my watch list and I'm eagerly waiting for the reveal.

#1479 5 years ago

I'm prob in day 1 if this thing hits like i hope it does. I hope JJP continues to pack these pins as much as possible. Transparency is key.

#1480 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Pipes! New avatar - almost didn't recognize you. My canadian buddy - not making up anything. I was going off of their previous pricing (as recent as 2017!).

btw - I've met a few more canadians recently. Some of the nicest people. Would love to visit that country. Cheers

#1481 5 years ago

JJP needs to pack at least as much into WW as DI. And here is why... Magic. Back in 71 when Wonka was released, kids wanted to here about Wonka, read about Wonka, and be Willy Wonka. Teachers read the book to their students, kids dreamed of seeing the factory and it’s marvelous magic candy making equipment. You can not expect to put out a pinball machine with “LESS” magic than DI and expect any pinhead to think, this machine is wonderful, this is magical, this is cool.

If man in mom-jeans was the high bar of “magic” for a JJP standard sized title, WW better rock my socks off or they are getting a solid “Mhe” from me. This needs a mech as cool as a flipperless mini playfield, a lower pf as cool as Munsters but full size, and some kind of Wonkatania, Wonkavator, or Gobstopper machine in order to move my needle off “been there, done that in mom jeans” with Dialed In.

#1482 5 years ago

I hope JJP continues to pack these pins as much as possible.

If they've learned anything they will actually not do this anymore. That's how you end up with mechanical nightmares like Hobbit and POTC.

JJP needs to put out a fun, simplish game that isn't trying too hard and is relatively mechanically reliable - something like Dialed in, except with a decent license.

Hopefully that's what we've got here. JJP needs a hit bad and I really hope they get one.

#1483 5 years ago

Hat tip to Kaneda on his most recent podcast. There will be several songs from the original movie in the game, the more assets from the movie the better. Could be an epic machine that we have all waited for.

#1484 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If they've learned anything they will actually not do this anymore. That's how you end up with mechanical nightmares like Hobbit and POTC.
JJP needs to put out a fun, simplish game that isn't trying too hard and is relatively mechanically reliable - something like Dialed in, except with a decent license.
Hopefully that's what we've got here. JJP needs a hit bad and I really hope they get one.

Can't disagree with you more. My potc has been perfectly fine and others as well. Yes there have been problems but they're innovating. Otherwise we're left with Stern clone.

I do agree they need this big time and I'm rooting right alongside you.

#1485 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Can’t wait!! Would be super cool
If they put golden tickets in some of the boxes you could redeem for JJP merch or something
[quoted image]

Find the golden ticket after an bonus to win $5,000 at any betting level.

#1486 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Hat tip to Kaneda on his most recent podcast. There will be several songs from the original movie in the game, the more assets from the movie the better. Could be an epic machine that we have all waited for.

Hat tip for what? That’s not anything new. :p

#1487 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Last summer at Pinburgh/Replay FX, Gary said in his presentation that they would never make a wide body again … so we will never know if he continues to hold true to that word. By no means am I defending delt31, but ONE of a few reasons he listed was that they cost more to make. Tournament champs don't like wide body pins and they are designing most of the Stern games now - so fast, shorter, brutal standard size games, and super duper secret combo shots for high points for the tourney players is their recent pattern.

Me, personally … I like the JJP wide bodies and they are my favorites. (TZ is pretty good too.) I was a little disappointed that DI was a standard. Still bought one though. Jack told me last summer that they want to steer their designers more toward standard bodies. Pat's designs seem to be sticking to that. I hope Toy Story and the wildly rumored Harry Potter are wide bodies. Just my $20K contribution value to the conversation …

#1488 5 years ago

"Pure Imagination" has to be the name of one of the games wizard modes (maybe a variant of it is the main track) so that song is in the game. "I've Got a Golden Ticket" will be another, maybe a mid wizard mode or the main multiball. Chocolate River multiball is likely another that may or not use the background track from the movie, hopefully the game gets louder and louder as shots are made in the mode just like the scene from the movie. Then there's "Oompa Loompa Doompa Dee Do" of course which will almost for sure be in the game. There's multiple "Oompa Loompa" tracks in the movie so hopefully JJP has each and creates a set of "Oompa Loompa" modes with them or something. The game definitely has the potential to be the next WOZ.

Also hearing Jack himself is voicing a custom track titled "The Pinball Man" based off the "The Candy Man" song? "Who can take a pinball machine, sprinkle it with code, cover it in toys and a miracle or two...The Pinball Man, The Pinball Man can". Just joking about the last one lol

#1489 5 years ago

Its clearly a Toy Story. Not Willy Wonka coming out next

#1490 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Its clearly a Toy Story. Not Willy Wonka coming out next

I think those are fightin words...

#1491 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

A bit OT but does anyone know if WPC Super-pins priced the same as their standard body counterparts in the 90's? If there was a difference, how much was it?

In Australia at least the SuperPins were dearer than the standard body pins, and it wasn't by a little bit either, it was about $1500 or so at the time. No idea on US pricing.

#1492 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

JJP needs to pack at least as much into WW as DI. And here is why... Magic. Back in 71 when Wonka was released, kids wanted to here about Wonka, read about Wonka, and be Willy Wonka. Teachers read the book to their students, kids dreamed of seeing the factory and it’s marvelous magic candy making equipment. You can not expect to put out a pinball machine with “LESS” magic than DI and expect any pinhead to think, this machine is wonderful, this is magical, this is cool.
If man in mom-jeans was the high bar of “magic” for a JJP standard sized title, WW better rock my socks off or they are getting a solid “Mhe” from me. This needs a mech as cool as a flipperless mini playfield, a lower pf as cool as Munsters but full size, and some kind of Wonkatania, Wonkavator, or Gobstopper machine in order to move my needle off “been there, done that in mom jeans” with Dialed In.

What hell are you talking about man in mom jeans?Dialed In is the best!

#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Hat tip to Kaneda on his most recent podcast. There will be several songs from the original movie in the game

This is surprising?

I believe Kaneda said there will be four songs. Let's take a guess:

1. The Candy Man
2. (I've Got a) Golden Ticket
3. Pure Imagination
4. I Want It Now

That leaves out Cheer Up Charlie, which pretty much no one likes. LOL!

It leaves out the Oompa Loompa songs, too, but there are four of them: Sweets, Gum, Brat, and TV. I could see where snippets of the Oompa bits would play out on the LCD, but not necessarily be considered as part of the music.

Musically, the main themes are Pure Imagination and Golden Ticket. Both are part of the film's Main Title sequence, and Pure Imagination makes up the End Title sequence.

#1494 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

It leaves out the Oompa Loompa songs, too, but there are four of them: Sweets, Gum, Brat, and TV. I could see where snippets of the Oompa bits would play out on the LCD, but not necessarily be considered as part of the music.

No Oompa Loompa song and I’m out.

#1495 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

As much as I love the Oompa Loompa songs as a child. I'll agree with others that they would get old quick.
Pure imagination I could listen to all day.

#1496 5 years ago

In fact based on A Brief History of Pinball Licensing F*ck Ups and Disappointments i’m predicting Depp Wonka but with no Depp allowed and no Oompa Loompa song or in fact any Oompa Loompa likenesses.

#1497 5 years ago

#1498 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

This is surprising?
I believe Kaneda said there will be four songs. Let's take a guess:
1. The Candy Man
2. (I've Got a) Golden Ticket
3. Pure Imagination
4. I Want It Now
That leaves out Cheer Up Charlie, which pretty much no one likes. LOL!
Musically, the main themes are Pure Imagination and Golden Ticket. Both are part of the film's Main Title sequence, and Pure Imagination makes up the End Title sequence.

My son has ptsd from me singing cheer up Charlie to him whenever he was grumpy.

It will be interesting to see how this can possibly live up to expectations. Hard to imagine there wont be some letdown initially.

#1499 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's NOT speculation and still fun.

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

My "opinion", there has to be an Oompa Loompa song. Don't even think it about it.

I've lost a lot of $$ sitting on that slot machine listening to that Oompa mode. Still makes me happy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/30?hl=papakilo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.