210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 34.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They have sold 1700-2000 di pins... i doubt they wld retheme it as none of those owners wld purchase one.

There are a lot of repeat customers for JJP. Agree with you. They would lose at least 30% of those sales.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They have sold 1700-2000 di pins... i doubt they wld retheme it as none of those owners wld purchase one.

Who said they would buy one?

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

How could you possibly know this?

#54 5 years ago

Would love to see back to the future trilogy from jjp.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

How could you possibly know this?

I don't recall the source, but I think they shared some sales numbers a few weeks ago.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Hoping for the 1970s version.

It has to be. The original is one of my faves, and Wilder killed the role like nobody else could. To this day, I have actually avoided ever watching any part of the Johnny Depp remake. CGI’d Oompa Loompas? Rubbish.

#57 5 years ago

Just like WOZ, Wonka does nothing for me theme wise, but I still think its a home run for JJP.

#58 5 years ago

A Wonka theme would be a perfect fit for a jjp lineup. I believe toy story is next, but I can't wait to see Wonka. Toy story though is a must have for my household. Hoping for a tpf reveal.

#59 5 years ago

I'm hoping they reveal when they are ready to ship, within 2-3 weeks, whenever that might be. Revealing at shows is pretty much useless unless you can deliver shortly after. No point in revealing something but shipping 9 months later. The hype train dies after 2 months.

#60 5 years ago

JJP should make a Rocky pinball. 6 rocky and 2 creed movies make for a great pin and with great music.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I don't recall the source, but I think they shared some sales numbers a few weeks ago.

Whoever gets a new pin can just look at the number stamped on the playfield. Jack showed me last summer that the stamped number ... on the playfield, not the plaque, is a sequential number for the production line.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t think that’s what current DI owners are hoping for?

I don't think that's what former DI owners are hoping for, either.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm hoping they reveal when they are ready to ship, within 2-3 weeks, whenever that might be. Revealing at shows is pretty much useless unless you can deliver shortly after. No point in revealing something but shipping 9 months later. The hype train dies after 2 months.

hype-train-fail (resized).jpghype-train-fail (resized).jpg
#64 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The current di owners wouldnt be the target market.

Not true, you don't know this. I would say every single owner is a target. Every single owner. Of a jj p pin are potential targets.

One of many targets I would hope. My opinion. Sales and success.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It has to be. The original is one of my faves, and Wilder killed the role like nobody else could. To this day, I have actually avoided ever watching any part of the Johnny Depp remake. CGI’d Oompa Loompas? Rubbish.

Honestly it was kinda weird and cool just like the original, yet a very different movie.

Don’t be afraid. It won’t ruin your childhood to check it out.

#66 5 years ago

Also how about a slash machine? By j j p. G n r done already.

Maybe?

Easier to get approvals and input, perhaps.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Honestly it was kinda weird and cool just like the original, yet a very different movie.
Don’t be afraid. It won’t ruin your childhood to check it out.

Not horrible, like many remakes. Just not the original. The original willy wonka is a masterpiece.

I used to have the remake on DVD showed it to my kids. It's gone to charity now.

I have the original on a new blu Ray right in the living room. Comparatively.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Also how about a slash machine? By j j p. G n r done already.
Maybe?
Easier to get approvals and input, perhaps.

Is this new GNR by jjp for real or just a rumor?

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Is this new GNR by jjp for real or just a rumor?

I don't know, I just meant the older pinball is already made. The theme had been used once, already.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

not at all actually. I do, of course, realize I’m swimming totally against the current (sigh).

I love the theme too! “Why not trust us?”

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Not true, you don't know this. I would say every single owner is a target. Every single owner. Of a jj p pin are potential targets.
One of many targets I would hope. My opinion. Sales and success.

No chance at all id purchase a retheme of my dile...

#72 5 years ago

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory came out in 1971...which puts the 50th anniversary in 2021.

2021 isn't that far away if there are a couple potential pins already in the works or ahead in the queue. JJP was big on the 75th anniversary edition for Wizard of Oz so I could see this.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferros:

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory came out in 1971...which puts the 50th anniversary in 2021.
2021 isn't that far away if there are a couple potential pins already in the works or ahead in the queue. JJP was big on the 75th anniversary edition for Wizard of Oz so I could see this.

That would actually be best imo to have another anniversary pin. Toy story releases it's next movie next year, so jjp better release toy story then. GNR would be a great filler between Wonka and toystory for sure. Really hoping toy story knocks it out of the park with full assets, but I'll believe it when I see it.

#74 5 years ago

If they make Toy Story and use assets from the next movie, it would not go into production until the fall. The spring reveal and production start would be Wonka or GNR.

#75 5 years ago

Everything on JJP at this point is just a rumor. They are on life support with Pirates.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Everything on JJP at this point is just a rumor. They are on life support with Pirates.

WoZ has got to be carrying that company, and there's only so many you can sell before the market for that theme is saturated.

I love my Dialed In and JJP as a company, but they need a hit theme to make some sales. I doubt Pirates of the Caribbean is going to do that, no matter how good the game is.

#77 5 years ago

A retheme Of Woz would tick off too
many but the layout seems perfect for the chocolate factory. The flying monkey would make a nice wonkavator!!

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

WoZ has got to be carrying that company, and there's only so many you can sell before the market for that theme is saturated.
I love my Dialed In and JJP as a company, but they need a hit theme to make some sales. I doubt Pirates of the Caribbean is going to do that, no matter how good the game is.

That's what I'm afraid of. They have to get a hit next, and shipping by spring imo.

I don't necessarily think they need all the toy story movies. Personally, the first one alone could be enough for a great game. I like the 2nd and 3rd movies, but it's the first movie that people cared about. If they have all 4 movies in it, then great, but just don't cram too much into it and make it clustered and confusing like potc.

#79 5 years ago

Also, I believe the next 3 rumored titles will all be hits. They just have to get production nailed down faster.

#80 5 years ago

I could see a re-skinned Dialed In easily. DI is a great player and should of just been named Quantum City. It's actually a shame that many are turned off just by the title alone. It could be a winner of a move to save costs and help shore up the bottom line.

#81 5 years ago

I actually think jjp POTC is a miss but not as a HUO, but a miss for public consumption. How many casual players will walk right by one not realizing this is a new POTC and not the old Stern POTC from 10 years ago? I know, the differences are clearly visible, this is a new modern pin, but the idea is not new. The “We have seen this before” syndrome kicks in and potential customers walk on by. And all the characters, and all the modes and rules, this thing is packed with almost too much stuff IMO. Never thought I would think less is more, but in a pinball machine, sometimes this may be true. Some people want and like to to “finish” a game. The designer was adamant at Expo and his mindset was to never play the same game twice. (and yes there is a video around the 4:00 mark)

So in HUO, this is a good thing, or on site in a barcade maybe, but as a casual title for locations with not a lot of repeat customers, maybe too deep? I think this is the major difference in philosophy between JJP and Stern.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

WOZ is done the games in the hands of distributors are the last WOZ

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Seems very unlikely since Jack has repeatedly referred to WoZ as his "evergreen" license and he just renewed it again 2 years ago. Isn't there a Yellow Brick Road edition about to hit? Maybe you got it confused with Hobbit. Hobbit IS done.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferros:

This man has a legit argument that makes sense. 100% agree.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Not according to Jack himself.

#86 5 years ago

Three WOZ have been made all LE games for a total of 4000 I believe if they are still building games it is with little demand as the first 1000 games sold back in 2011

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems very unlikely since Jack has repeatedly referred to WoZ as his "evergreen" license and he just renewed it again 2 years ago. Isn't there a Yellow Brick Road edition about to hit? Maybe you got it confused with Hobbit. Hobbit IS done.

If a fourth edition comes out that will change things

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Three WOZ have been made all LE games for a total of 4000 I believe if they are still building games it is with little demand as the first 1000 games sold back in 2011

Apparently the demand is good enough for Jack to call the license "evergreen", keep renewing it, and supposedly have a new Yellow Brick Road edition coming out. No idea who told you WoZ is done, but they're wrong.

And they weren't all LE. That run for Automated has standard stainless lockdown and side rails.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The demand is slower, hence the jacked up price. $9500 for a woz is steep considering the in demand pricing was $6500-7500

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I could see a re-skinned Dialed In easily. DI is a great player and should of just been named Quantum City. It's actually a shame that many are turned off just by the title alone. It could be a winner of a move to save costs and help shore up the bottom line.

That would be a slap in the face to Dialed In owners and a disservice to the game itself. The games layout should belong to Dialed In and Dialed In alone. A lot of people are not fans of rethemes either as they feel less value is being offered as all of the design work is already done yet the price is the same (or higher) then the original game.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Life support? What are the facts to support that? There's no signs of JJP being on life support and that is a terrible rumor to start throwing around.

#92 5 years ago

JJP has to be loosing money but since they have huge backing, I can see them weathering the storm till they see profitability. I think Wonka could be that game if they nail it.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That would be a slap in the face to Dialed In owners and a disservice to the game itself. The games layout should belong to Dialed In and Dialed In alone. A lot of people are not fans of rethemes either as they feel less value is being offered as all of the design work is already done yet the price is the same (or higher) then the original game.

Imagine it like the shrek/family guy games. You can load in whichever version you want.

#94 5 years ago

I have FGy, and I occasionally load Shrek on it... the call outs are a nice change of pace but looking at FGy artwork while listening to Shrek and Donkey talk is just weird... can a FGy rom run in a Shrek? I heard it only goes one way.

Maybe they can just flip DI over and make it a left handed DI with Toy Story Artwork... or a left handed WOZy Wonka?

Not a fan of rethemes.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I cannot see Lawlor recycling a whole game of his. He recycles elements of his ouevre all the time, but a whole game? Never. He managed to strongarm Jack into moving the headphone jack to people's knees where it makes no sense for god's sake! That should give you a sniff of their dynamic. He's definitely not going to be cool with Jack recycling a whole game design of his, and definitely not so soon.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The demand is slower, hence the jacked up price. $9500 for a woz is steep considering the in demand pricing was $6500-7500

I have said that over and over I believe if they do not cut prices they are done

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I have said that over and over I believe if they do not cut prices they are done

You saying it doesn't make it true. That said, I don't think there's much room for more price increases over the next couple games. $10k delivered is a pretty hard ceiling.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Jack talks way too much. He said himself that DI was his least selling game to date. I don't see Pirates sales topping those of DI. JJP desperately needs another hit like WOZ. How long does his investor stay on board with each title doing worse than the previous?

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Jack talks way too much. He said himself that DI was his least selling game to date. I don't see Pirates sales topping those of DI. JJP desperately needs another hit like WOZ. How long does his investor stay on board with each title doing worse than the previous?

Have you played POTC?

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

How did we get from Willy Wonka speculation to JJP closing ?

Both of which have no basis in reality.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
$ 32.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/2?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.