210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 34.
#1402 5 years ago

Not to put words in Delt’s mouth, but I think he meant, “If it’s not the art they’re using on the pin, who cares.”

#1403 5 years ago

I spoke with a distributor who believes that the LE is $9500, but said that pricing hasn't yet been released.

#1404 5 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

I spoke with a distributor who believes that the LE is $9950, but said that pricing hasn't yet been released.

I sure hope that's incorrect. The price increases need to stop.

#1405 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’ll pay that all day. Their games are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest. Played an $8500 POTC last night and its making me rethink spending $7,500 on new sterns. That extra grand goes a long way.

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Stop plopping down money on games sight unseen (or played)...

#1407 5 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

I’ll pay that all day. Their games are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest. Played an $8500 POTC last night and its making me rethink spending $7,500 on new sterns. That extra grand goes a long way.

I don't disagree that you get more for the money. But pushing to the $10k mark before taxes/shipping is getting excessive.

Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Not sure why you directed that at me? I've never bought a game before playing it...

#1408 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

What’s the risk? You don’t like it, sell it. Never had a problem unloading a game. Assuming if you have 10k for a big boy toy you also probably have the means to take the NIB hit.

#1409 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I don't disagree that you get more for the money. But pushing to the $10k mark before taxes/shipping is getting excessive.

Not sure why you directed that at me? I've never bought a game before playing it...

It was a general statement about the community not intended specifically for you.

Quoted from WyseGuy:

What’s the risk? You don’t like it, sell it. Never had a problem unloading a game. Assuming if you have 10k for a big boy toy you also probably have the means to take the NIB hit.

Its not about the risk. The question is why would any manufacturer stop increasing prices if people continue to throw money at them?

#1410 5 years ago

<blockquote
Its not about the risk. The question is why would any manufacturer stop increasing prices if people continue to throw money at them?

It’s our duty as pinball fans to help keep their doors open

#1411 5 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

It’s our duty as pinball fans to help keep their doors open

If they have problems keeping the doors open at $9500 per pin for an LE, then they have major issues.

#1412 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

If they have problems keeping the doors open at $9500 per pin for an LE, then they have major issues.

The giant smiley face at the end didn’t give away my sarcasm, huh?

#1413 5 years ago

At $9500 for a standard body game it better be loaded up. Dialed In LE is a very loaded game at $9k. Will it have as much stuff as that game? Who knows.

One thing I wish JJP would go back to is offering a high quality powder coat on their LE games. The powder coat on Dialed In LE looks like a Stern premium powder coat (baked on look like ACDC premium) and the black powder coat on Pirates LE looks like a Stern pro powder coat but honestly isn't as durable.

If you want a similar high quality powder coat to what was on WOZ ECLE or Hobbit LE / SE you now need to spend crazy money for a CE / YBR type game. JJP didn't lose the ability to offer a high quality powder coat after Hobbit, they are just making it a CE only option and that's BS considering the price of LE games.

#1414 5 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

The giant smiley face at the end didn’t give away my sarcasm, huh?

Doh!

#1415 5 years ago

Corrected my post - estimated price is $9500, not $9950.

#1416 5 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

In that case, I'll grab two.

#1417 5 years ago

It's not Depp FFS!!!!

#1418 5 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

And if LE’s are $9,500 then SE’s would be $8,500, right?

#1419 5 years ago

Not for nothing but I might be helpful if JJP does not put steal trim on standards .

Try a color or black even.

#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Not for nothing but I might be helpful if JJP does not put steal trim on standards .
Try a color or black even.

I like stainless steel...

#1421 5 years ago

from Joe at PinballSTAR's email:

3. JJP has announced that the pricing of the next game will be same as Pirates of the Caribbean - $ 8,500 for Standard, $ 9,500 for the Limited, and $ 12,500 for the Collector's.

#1422 5 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

is there a big difference between the LE and Standard? I know no Invisiglass or Shaker, but I can do without shaker. Glass I can buy.

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

is there a big difference between the LE and Standard? I know no Invisiglass or Shaker, but I can do without shaker. Glass I can buy.

The rgb inserts is a huge one

#1424 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Gameplay wise, no. I think the LE has a guy on the jet bumpers than spins around, and mountains on the left side of the game. Maybe more, that’s all I know of.

#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Powder coated legs, side rails, and lockdown bar. More lighting (left ramp) and printed manual for DI and star map and topper for POTC.

#1426 5 years ago

Does this mean free Jersey Mikes subs at MGC?

#1427 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

LE's will have a real live Oompa Lumpa under the glass.

#1428 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The rgb inserts is a huge one

I thought that the RGB was same under inserts for both SE and LE? However, the GI was white on SE and RGB on LE.

It's either this game, or WW with a Vertically Challenged OOmpa underneath the playfield.

#1429 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

3. JJP has announced that the pricing of the next game will be same as Pirates of the Caribbean - $ 8,500 for Standard, $ 9,500 for the Limited, and $ 12,500 for the Collector's.

Hmm I'm on his mailing list and did not receive this email. :/

#1430 5 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Gameplay wise, no. I think the LE has a guy on the jet bumpers than spins around, and mountains on the left side of the game. Maybe more, that’s all I know of.

It'll be interesting to see if JJP changes to gameplay differences between standard and LE or continues with what they have done previously where it's just cosmetic/lighting differences.

#1431 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Same, no email from Pinball Star.

#1432 5 years ago

I got one.

#1433 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Same, no email from Pinball Star.

that's cuz he likes me better!

#1434 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I thought that the RGB was same under inserts for both SE and LE? However, the GI was white on SE and RGB on LE.
It's either this game, or WW with a Vertically Challenged OOmpa underneath the playfield.

On Pirates RGB GI is only on the LE, white GI on SE.

#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Not to put words in Delt’s mouth, but I think he meant, “If it’s not the art they’re using on the pin, who cares.”

Exactly!

#1436 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

So a 500 increase then? I like this deceiving approach of saying it's priced the same as POTC meanwhile that game is widebody and this is standard which is typically 9k.

Unless this is widebody which would be disappointing. We been a really good standard from jjp right now. Liked di but I need another.

#1437 5 years ago

1. Dont believe ANYTHING not posted by jjp.

2. See above

#1438 5 years ago

Fuck 2019! $$$$$ MBRLE Munsters LE ACNC and now WONKA! Plus I have a deposit down on Black Knight LE. And it’s only April. Jebus

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Fuck 2019! $$$$$ MBRLE Munsters LE ACNC and now WONKA! Plus I have a deposit down on Black Knight LE. And it’s only April. Jebus

Lol. Finally a good problem for pinball to have! Multiple great games from multiple companies. Sucks for us though who want every game though haha.

#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

LE's will have a real live Oompa Lumpa under the glass.

My cat fits, so I’m choosing to believe your rumor.

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Ohh gosh.
So many posts speculating it might be the shit Wonka.
It's not. It's the good one . The Gene one.
If someone wants to make a bet I will buy you the most expensive version of Wonka if I'm wrong. You can donate 50 bucks to pinside if I'm right....which I am.
Who wants to donate some money?

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-34480127 (resized).pngso-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-34480127 (resized).png

Im all in for a Depp Wonka with no Depp.

#1442 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At $9500 for a standard body game it better be loaded up. Dialed In LE is a very loaded game at $9k

yes I really hope Wonka has a cellphone on the pf too!

#1443 5 years ago

Yes it’s next and yes Gobstoppers. No Depp...

#1444 5 years ago

Can’t wait!! Would be super cool
If they put golden tickets in some of the boxes you could redeem for JJP merch or something

C06EBCE4-85A5-4DB6-BD10-328007DD4BD1 (resized).jpegC06EBCE4-85A5-4DB6-BD10-328007DD4BD1 (resized).jpeg
#1445 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That is incorrect or a distributor being greedy.

#1446 5 years ago

Release about a week away and $9500US LE

Real LE limited numbers and a golden surprise inside or maybe inside 1?

Maybe a Factory Tour Golden Ticket

#1447 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So a 500 increase then? I like this deceiving approach of saying it's priced the same as POTC meanwhile that game is widebody and this is standard which is typically 9k.
Unless this is widebody which would be disappointing. We been a really good standard from jjp right now. Liked di but I need another.

Wrong on that $ 500 increase - As posted by someone else from my email pricing is the same (or less - see below) as POTC. Not sure where you are thinking there's a $ 500 increase ? POTC is SE 8,500 / LE 9,500 / CE 12,500 always was from day one to today.

In actuality the next game SE model will be LESS than POTC - I'll leave it to JJP to announce what it is if it's not out there already. I didn't feel it was my place to mention that in my email. The email was not a mass email blast or anything - sent to some regulars who kept asking the same questions about timing, pricing, game numbers, etc... Was easier for me to just send one email to answer the same questions I've been getting every day from different people. No news on anything until JJP reveals, other than the pricing tidbit they did announce to us. We know people were getting concerned about a price increase after WOZ YBR but there is none.

#1448 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Wrong on that $ 500 increase - As posted by someone else from my email pricing is the same (or less - see below) as POTC. Not sure where you are thinking there's a $ 500 increase ? POTC is SE 8,500 / LE 9,500 / CE 12,500 always was from day one to today.
In actuality the next game SE model will be LESS than POTC - I'll leave it to JJP to announce what it is if it's not out there already. I didn't feel it was my place to mention that in my email. The email was not a mass email blast or anything - sent to some regulars who kept asking the same questions about timing, pricing, game numbers, etc... Was easier for me to just send one email to answer the same questions I've been getting every day from different people. No news on anything until JJP reveals, other than the pricing tidbit they did announce to us. We know people were getting concerned about a price increase after WOZ YBR but there is none.

Lmk what I'm missing in my math. Here we go.

Current pricing of JJP STANDARD body games:

Dialed In - 9k

Willy Wonka - 9.5k

Difference +500 for WW.

This is all based on rumor but if Wonka is truly standard, which I hope it is, the game costs $500 more.

If jjp decides to change their approach and charge the same amount for standard and wide, well that's it's own topic of discussion.

#1449 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Dialed In - 9k
Willy Wonka - 9.5k
Difference +500 for WW.
This is all based on rumor but if Wonka is truly standard, which I hope it is, the game costs $500 more.
If jjp decides to change their approach and charge the same amount for standard and wide, well that's it's own topic of discussion.

All I stated was that the pricing was the same as POTC (now known to be less for the SE model than POTC) that's it... Then you took a comment from a private email someone posted and you said the price increased, which it did not, so I corrected you. Don't stir the pot and put misinformation out there. Same thing you did last week in the CG thread. You want to compare old games and wide vs standard whatever, like you said that's another topic. Do you go and count the mechanisms a Stern game has from one to the next and the compare pricing. How do you know what a license costs ? Let's see - DI = ZERO. The next JJP if rumors are true = surely not ZERO. You don't even know what is or isn't in the next game how can you start to scrutinize pricing / bill of materials. You can't. WOZ used to be $ 6,500 and Stern Spiderman was $ 4,500 if you want to go back in time and make pricing comparisons. Yes, pinball has gotten more expensive all the way around, BUT JJP did not raise the price over POTC. That was what people were wondering what people were asking, let's not make it out to be more than it is. Be happy these companies are making new games at all or we'd all be playing NBA and CSI these days. We hopefully have a great year lining up for every manufacturer doing great things in the hobby. This thread should be about the excitement about a new title coming.

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Dialed In - 9k
Willy Wonka - 9.5k
Difference +500 for WW.

you are missing that there is no set price for a cabinet size per game

Woz Standard 8500
Hobbit Standard 8000
Dialed in Standard 8000
Potc Standard 8500

what does cabinet size have to do with it? You could also go with licensed vs unlicensed. bill of material on games, many, many factors go into the price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/29?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.