210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 34.
#1351 4 years ago

I can play any new Stern I want on route right after it’s released, that’s what Sterns are great for. JJP is for the home to dig in and lose yourself in the story and not worry about how many “quarters” you have put in.

My WONKA money is safe no matter what is released the next few weeks, BUT I better be blown away JJP or the kinda money you ask for is staying in the bank.

#1352 4 years ago

Same here, I have 10k waiting in the bank for the Wonka reveal, hoping it blows my mind like WOZ did.

The only thing besides that that would send the money elsewhere is if DP sort things out with TBL. (I know, still day dreaming)

#1353 4 years ago

Looking forward to seeing WWFOR - Willy Wonka Factory Of Rage!!

#1354 4 years ago

I wonder how many YBR's are left? Any distributors actually sell any yet?

#1355 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I’m sure most will say they are flying off the shelf to fuel any interest. I know one I asked played that song for me. Not buying it sorry.

#1356 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I’ve got one with your name on it Jody

#1357 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Moderate pace from what I've heard. They'll have no problem selling 200. 500 may take the rest of the current license, though.

#1358 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I wonder how many YBR's are left?

The real question is which well sell better WoZ YBR or Oktoberfest.

#1359 4 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

The real question is which well sell better WoZ YBR or Oktoberfest.

Probably oktoberfest. But they'd sell more oktoberfest if they got rid of the redundant and out of place rock music.

#1360 4 years ago

Gee, 11500 vs. 7400. Hard to say. Not.

#1361 4 years ago

2 days without any WW news or unfounded opinions?

#1362 4 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

A couple of other threads started up on it. You're missing out.

#1363 4 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

wnk.pngwnk.png
#1364 4 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

My theory is that it’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory version with Depp. Based upon the JJP teaser using gobstoppers from the remake.

#1365 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My theory is that it’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory version with Depp. Based upon the JJP teaser using gobstoppers from the remake.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d3903a38a280a5a09df9ca0a7cda4855/tenor.gif?itemid=4492193

NOOOO (resized).pngNOOOO (resized).png
#1366 4 years ago

If it’s Depp I think Jack might need to have his head examined...

#1367 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That would be an absolutely epic fail.

#1368 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Orrrr, as the original gobstoppers were actually jack shaped gobstoppers they probably assumed we would get the idea if they made them round. lol After watching Both movies last night I personally wouldn't care which move they used. My Guess is the original would be a Much lower cost license to pull as they already had issues with Johnny in Pirates.... I do like the music much better in the Tim Burton movie though.

#1369 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Do you have any other theories? I'd like to subscribe to the newsletter

#1370 4 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Wonder if Joe Rogan would interview Jersey Jack or Gary Stern? Just a thought, as the more people exposed to pinball.... and Joe has the followers.

#1371 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

No subscription needed. Just read every 5 posts

#1372 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That would be an absolutely epic fail.

Yes it absolutely would be an "epic fail" which is why I can't conceive of such a calamity remotely possible.

#1373 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Wonder if Joe Rogan would interview Jersey Jack or Gary Stern? Just a thought, as the more people exposed to pinball.... and Joe has the followers.

Half of Joe’s listeners are stoned 20 something’s with no money. “Look that up Jamie.”

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Half of Joe’s listeners are stoned 20 something’s with no money. “Look that up Jamie.”

Ain't that the truth.

#1375 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Orrrr, as the original gobstoppers were actually jack shaped gobstoppers they probably assumed we would get the idea if they made them round. lol After watching Both movies last night I personally wouldn't care which move they used. My Guess is the original would be a Much lower cost license to pull as they already had issues with Johnny in Pirates.... I do like the music much better in the Tim Burton movie though.

You're probably right. It's a long shot oddball theory, and I'm sure I'm wrong. But hey it's a forum and every pinball nerd like me with an idea has to post it right?

Hey now - you have to pay a subscription fee for more of my theories. I could be like "the onion" of pinball newsletters!

#1376 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You're probably right. It's a long shot oddball theory, and I'm sure I'm wrong. But hey it's a forum and every pinball nerd like me with an idea has to post it right?

Hey now - you have to pay a subscription fee for more of my theories.

I'm just jealous because it sounds like you might be getting one. Unless it's the Depp version, then I'm not so jealous --- but happy for you

It was a good catch on the gobstoppers though. At the very least it's keeping a sliver of suspense alive.

#1377 4 years ago

I'm just jealous because it sounds like you might be getting one. Unless it's the Depp version, then I'm not so jealous --- but happy for you
It was a good catch on the gobstoppers though. At the very least it's keeping a sliver of suspense alive.

Oh yes I have cash in hand ready to buy if it’s good. I’ll be at MGC for the reveal if it happens and will play it ASAP. I might try to stream the reveal from my phone if no one “professional “ is streaming it.

#1378 4 years ago

If they base it on the Depp movie, they might as well make a WOZ “The Wiz” edition.

It’d be funny if they aren’t making Wonka at all. Depressing actually. I’ve never bought a NIB pin, but most likely will if it’s Wonka. It’s nuts to think about dropping $10k on a pin. I mean, what do you people do for a living? I’m an engineering manager and $10k is a stretch for me to spend on a luxury item...

#1379 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

If they base it on the Depp movie, they might as well make a WOZ “The Wiz” edition.

#1380 4 years ago

If it’s Depp will it be like POTC where they can’t use Depp?

It’ll be Willy Wonka without Willy. JJP Chocolate Factory.

Let’s hope it wasn’t the same guy that inked the deal for POTC that has since been fired.

#1381 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

It’d be funny if they aren’t making Wonka at all. Depressing actually. I’ve never bought a NIB pin, but most likely will if it’s Wonka. It’s nuts to think about dropping $10k on a pin. I mean, what do you people do for a living? I’m an engineering manager and $10k is a stretch for me to spend on a luxury item...

That would actually be kind of funny. We aren't making Wonka, we are making "The Sound of Music"! Dooohhhh. lol Any direction they go with this title would be a win to me. And as an added "Hope", I am hoping as they had such a long time between titles and the delayed launch on POTC that they had lots of time to really fine tune every aspect and detail of the game.

#1382 4 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Only half?

#1383 4 years ago

I was trying not to directly insult any pinsider fans of the JRE...

#1384 4 years ago

As a Gobstopper fan, I must interject, the candy traditionally sold under the TM’d name is a round jawbreaker. The original from WW&TCF was “jack” shaped but was unmanufacturable, so they went with a jawbreaker when they introduced it later to the market under the WW candy brand. If anyone goes and buys a Gobstopper today, it will be round like a pinball.

#1385 4 years ago

I’m dumb

#1386 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If it’s Depp will it be like POTC where they can’t use Depp?
It’ll be Willy Wonka without Willy. JJP Chocolate Factory.
Let’s hope it wasn’t the same guy that inked the deal for POTC that has since been fired.

Ohh gosh.
So many posts speculating it might be the shit Wonka.

It's not. It's the good one . The Gene one.
If someone wants to make a bet I will buy you the most expensive version of Wonka if I'm wrong. You can donate 50 bucks to pinside if I'm right....which I am.

Who wants to donate some money?

#1387 4 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Not sure if anyone else saw or posted this yet but I noticed this when submitting a request today.
[quoted image]

What am I missing here?

#1388 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

What am I missing here?

Sorry I’m an idiot. I deleted it. Not sure what I was thinking that was WOZ.

#1389 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Ohh gosh.
So many posts speculating it might be the shit Wonka.
It's not. It's the good one . The Gene one.
If someone wants to make a bet I will buy you the most expensive version of Wonka if I'm wrong. You can donate 50 bucks to pinside if I'm right....which I am.
Who wants to donate some money?

Seriously? Put that in a legally binding document and I'm in! =)

#1390 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Seriously? Put that in a legally binding document and I'm in! =)

I will back up FalconPunch. It is based on the original movie. 100%. Trust me. There is no point talking about it anymore.

#1391 4 years ago

I mean, if Jack was considering doing himself in, one good way of doing it would to be to hang his hopes on ANOTHER Johnny Depp character, imhho... but Barber of Saville could have a wonderful double decker barber chair lock on top, Pie oven ball release bellow mech to lock balls, why was this title never done, I have no clue....

#1392 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I will back up FalconPunch. It is based on the original movie. 100%. Trust me. There is no point talking about it anymore.

Well I guess you know more than I do. It was a joke anyhow. I have considered donating to pinside in the past...

#1393 4 years ago

Yes

#1394 4 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Agreed

#1395 4 years ago

Anyone wanna put $$$ on when this bad boy gets leaked? Pirates didn't get leaked until the day of the reveal at Expo. Wonder if they can actually keep this one sealed until the actual event...

#1396 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Anyone wanna put $$$ on when this bad boy gets leaked? Pirates didn't get leaked until the day of the reveal at Expo. Wonder if they can actually keep this one sealed until the actual event...

There is probably some leaked information, but people who have heard/seen it are keeping their lips sealed so as to not ruin the surprise!

#1397 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

There is probably some leaked information, but people who have heard/seen it are keeping their lips sealed so as to not ruin the surprise!

They didn't do a very good job of keeping their lips sealed for Pirates!

#1398 4 years ago
Screenshot_20190403-071222_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20190403-071222_Instagram.jpg
#1399 4 years ago

Random art?

Has the same colored balls up top....jjp issued?

#1400 4 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I’ve been looking out for a nice Whirlwhind. Let me know if you hear anything.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Satellite Beach, FL
$ 32.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.