210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 34.
#1301 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The point is JJP has not cost reduced in any noticible way, while Stern has cost reduced the cabinet wood, playfields, plastics, brackets, electronics, power supply, translites, pretty much no area has gone untouched. You don't need specifics - 2019 Sterns are noticibly lighter than 2010 Sterns. I know, I move them all the time.

So how did they cheep on plastics playfields ect be specific. Now when you look at JJP games after Woz no uper playfields till POTC and how did that go. A game about a phone and before you try and tell me it is a disaster game explain selfie mode and emoje mode. Molded figures on pops getting fewer main toys being a rehash popup trolls no more monkey JJP is cost cutting time to admit it

#1302 5 years ago

The trolls are sure out this weekend.

#1303 5 years ago

We’ve gone way off topic now because of the troll.

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

We’ve gone way off topic now because of the troll.

LOL this thread has been more about POTC then WW for weeks now

#1305 5 years ago

I wouldn't get too negative until we actually see what JJP has for WW. Yes yellow woz could be the writing on the wall but I still think JJP can't be that stupid to literally kill off the year that should be them just b/c of their desire to increase margins.

If they decide to do WW, TS and GnR at 11.5k then they actually figured out a way to completely blow it.

#1306 5 years ago

The cost to play has gone up, period. MunstersLE @9k doesn't look nearly out of line after seeing 11.5 for a lesser version of the original ECLE, imho.....

MunstersLE is heavy as hell for a standard body (not that weight is a true measure) and very solid. Not to mention it is new, and not a rehash.

Love my WOZ, and glad I got it when I did. Not bashing either, but believe this was a pretty blatant, bold move to take things off and raise the price. Just bizarre to me, and hoping Wonka is awesome... but won't pay 13k for an LE-CE (whatever they call it)...not a chance.

Guess we will see....

#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

So how did they cheep on plastics playfields ect be specific. Now when you look at JJP games after Woz no uper playfields till POTC and how did that go. A game about a phone and before you try and tell me it is a disaster game explain selfie mode and emoje mode. Molded figures on pops getting fewer main toys being a rehash popup trolls no more monkey JJP is cost cutting time to admit it

Look, you're not stupid. You know many of the ways Stern has cost reduced over the last 10 years - we ALL do.

But I'll give you one plastic example - the drop target shelves. We usually don't see them nor think about them, but they have been made paper thin compared to what they used to be. They break now, where I have machines that are 30 years old where they've NEVER broken. I never even replaced one on ANY machine until Game of Thrones. Hidden cost reduction to save, what, a penny?

Cabinet wood is SUBSTANTIALLY crappier and that happened sometime around the KISS run. You can FEEL the difference in screw bite pre-KISS and post-KISS, and it's likely the reason for the rash of split cabinets since then.

But again, I'm not buying your dumb game. YOU know where the bodies are buried, as most people here paying attention do. Stern has cut costs substantially at the expense of customer's machines AND STILL RAISED PRICES 100% in 10 years. So forgive me if I don't jump on JJP for doing the most minor of cost reductions. They have a LOT more to do to even be in the same universe as Stern (and I hope they never go that far).

#1308 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I'm not trying to justify the price. Someone brought up buying cars for less money than WOZ. I thought it was worth mentioning that you can also buy cars that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's a pointless argument. Buy what you want. Eat what you want, too. Life is short. Who cares what others are doing with their money?

I think where the anger is really coming from is the fact that JJP is distancing themselves from people who want to buy their games. So people are being vocal about it. I am also one of those people who JJP is distancing themselves from, i had to jump through hoops of fire to get my Dialed In. $9000 was a sh!t ton of money for me. Im not going to beat up JJP over their business model though. It is what it is. One thing i have learned is there are a lot of people out there with way more money than me. Pinside is not a representation of the entire pinball world.

#1309 5 years ago

It's funny for me overseas hearing that Willy Wonka will be a home run...

...since I've never before heard of the movie (because it was first 'fully' shown in germany when the Johnny Depp remake came into cinemas) and we're a Soccer country (Baseball doesn't exist at all here), so most people don't even know what a home run is.

I wish JJP for it to be a home run, but I think outside the US and UK (maybe Australia?) that thing won't be a smash hit.

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I wish JJP for it to be a home run, but I think outside the US and UK (maybe Australia?) that thing won't be a smash hit.

I would have expected Roald Dahl to be known in other parts of Europe outside of just the UK. Many of his books hugely popular in Canada.

#1311 5 years ago

It was also filmed in Germany.

#1312 5 years ago

Actually I don’t understand the excitement about WW. Look at the history of JJP... My guess is announcement pretty soon, 1st delivery mid 2020, license expiration mid 2021. It’s really a pity how much potential is burned by the bad management at JJP

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from pin_king:

My guess is announcement pretty soon, 1st delivery mid 2020,

You do know they are setting up the story boards on the main assembly line to start production ?

LTG : )

#1314 5 years ago

Did JJP release a teaser trailer for Wonka?

#1315 5 years ago

Someone said that in the sterns new game page BK3. Would love to see it.

#1316 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Did JJP release a teaser trailer for Wonka?

Has JJP *ever* used teasers?

#1317 5 years ago

I looked in their FB page and there is a 10 second clip of their typical intro. People have commented on it saying it looks more colorful like an everlasting gobstopper. I don’t really see that but.. it was released about 1 hr after sterns. Interesting.

#1318 5 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

I looked in their FB page and there is a 10 second clip of their typical intro. People have commented on it saying it looks more colorful like an everlasting gobstopper. I don’t really see that but.. it was released about 1 hr after sterns. Interesting.

Definitely a ball that is changing colors....

#1319 5 years ago

Hmm. Multi. Looted balls in Wonka would be awesome. ESP if the game knows which color is in play and it impacts the rules.

#1320 5 years ago

I'm wondering if WW will be announced sometime around MGC and Toy Story will be announced at Expo in October.

Two games a year, correct?

#1321 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm wondering if WW will be announced sometime around MGC and Toy Story will be announced at Expo in October.

Thats the time frame im guessing

#1322 5 years ago
Quoted from pin_king:

Actually I don’t understand the excitement about WW. Look at the history of JJP... My guess is announcement pretty soon, 1st delivery mid 2020, license expiration mid 2021. It’s really a pity how much potential is burned by the bad management at JJP

I'm with you; WW is an odd theme to choose, given - above all - the age of its target market. The movie was released in '71, and while plenty of children saw/enjoyed the movie at revival houses years *after* its initial release, the majority of Wonka fans are likely to be sixty or older. Sure, plenty of sixty-year-olds buy pinballs, but is it truly enough to justify building a pinball to cater solely to them? An executive at JJP got it into his head that WW made sense and somehow persuaded the brass there to go along. Not smart. Don't get me wrong: I love Gene Wilder and there is plenty that is heartwarming/charming/eccentric/unique about the film, but a pinball based on it seems like a bad idea. I will wager that it will sell poorly. If Pat is designing the layout, his services are being wasted - and how many more layouts is he likely to design?

#1323 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I'm with you; WW is an odd theme to choose, given - above all - the age of its target market. The movie was released in '71, and while plenty of children saw/enjoyed the movie at revival houses years *after* its initial release, the majority of Wonka fans are likely to be sixty or older. Sure, plenty of sixty-year-olds buy pinballs, but is it truly enough to justify building a pinball to cater solely to them? An executive at JJP got it into his head that WW made sense and somehow persuaded the brass there to go along. Not smart. Don't get me wrong: I love Gene Wilder and there is plenty that is heartwarming/charming/eccentric/unique about the film, but a pinball based on it seems like a bad idea. I will wager that it will sell poorly. If Pat is designing the layout, his services are being wasted - and how many more layouts is he likely to design?

Do you own any JJP games?

#1324 5 years ago

With that logic - no Batman, Beatles, or WOZ

#1325 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Wonka Spring, GnR Fall, Toy Story early 2020. Muppets is still technically on the list that predicted all the other originally leaked games, but I kind of hope JJP has canned that one. They also supposedly have Bandai Namco distributing their games in Asia now, which could mean a Dragonball or One Piece or...gulp...GUNDAM licensed pin might be a possibility.

#1326 5 years ago

WoZ was a seemingly weird choice, too, but it's easily the best-selling pin JJP has done, and is STILL selling. I dogged on WoZ all during its development and love it now. A great pin is a great pin. The cream rises to the top eventually.

#1327 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wonka Spring, GnR Fall, Toy Story early 2020. Muppets is still technically on the list that predicted all the other originally leaked games, but I kind of hope JJP has canned that one. They also supposedly have Bandai Namco distributing their games in Asia now, which could mean a Dragonball or One Piece or...gulp...GUNDAM licensed pin might be a possibility.

I think this is correct. During set up of TPF on Thursday I was talking to Chris from Kingpin about JJP releases during TPF and the near future (YBR and WW) and he told me, "You should definitely come to MGC. It will be BIG! You will want to be there." Next game will be announced there. SHIPPING WITHIN 60 DAYS OF ANNOUNCEMENT is what was said.

Jack told me this weeknd Toy Story will happen, "Sooner than later. Definitely sooner." That was after a few minutes of conversation. All reports we get are GnR in the fall and TS after that.

#1328 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The point is JJP has not cost reduced in any noticible way, while Stern has cost reduced the cabinet wood, playfields, plastics, brackets, electronics, power supply, translites, pretty much no area has gone untouched. You don't need specifics - 2019 Sterns are noticibly lighter than 2010 Sterns. I know, I move them all the time.

I played the last four Stern's tonight, as well as Dialed In and Pirates, and felt crazy saying to some friends, new to modern pinball, how thin the plastics and ramps feel when I connect with them on Sterns, versus JJP. I'm glad I'm not imagining things here.

And jeez, I finally got to play a Munsters LE with balls in the basement, and wow that feels like a tinker toy. I can't believe that was given the go ahead in that state for production. No feedback at all, and the micro flippers and balls have no weight to them whatsoever. Hitting those balls feels like Godzilla must swatting flies. As soon as I'd hit down there, I wanted out, even amidst the iffy upper playfield.

#1329 5 years ago

Here's a couple screenshots from the video, definitely Wonka! In the typical JJP logo video they are just regular pinballs.

wonak1 (resized).JPGwonak1 (resized).JPG
wonak2 (resized).JPGwonak2 (resized).JPG

#1330 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I think this is correct. During set up of TPF on Thursday I was talking to Chris from Kingpin about JJP releases during TPF and the near future (YBR and WW) and he told me, "You should definitely come to MGC. It will be BIG! You will want to be there." Next game will be announced there. SHIPPING WITHIN 60 DAYS OF ANNOUNCEMENT is what was said.
Jack told me this weeknd Toy Story will happen, "Sooner than later. Definitely sooner." That was after a few minutes of conversation. All reports we get are GnR in the fall and TS after that.

I 100% guarentee (kaneda style) that MGC will be an amazing show! We (kingpin) have roughly a 3600 sqft booth. Cant wait to see how we fill it up. If that's not true I'll give Hilton a hug.

#1331 5 years ago

I wish JJP would stop making games of themes previously done like Pirates and GNR.

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I 100% guarentee (kaneda style) that MGC will be an amazing show! We (kingpin) have roughly a 3600 sqft booth. Cant wait to see how we fill it up. If that's not true I'll give Hilton a hug.

I'm already pumped for MGC but if you've got a Wonka there to play, you're gonna have to chase me away with a cattle prod!

#1333 5 years ago

im in trouble.. both me and my wife love wonka, she loves toy story. gonna have to sell at least a pin or two this year.

Also if they are truly doing multi-colored balls, I hope they aren't just sticking them in there for the sake of color.. but rather use them in the story (each color could represent a kid
charlie bucket - blue
violet - purple
kid tv - yellow
augusta gloop - brown
veruca salt - red

And also force the player to shoot the kids into specific shots. You can buy a color detection board for $6 in quantity:
https://www.adafruit.com/product/3595

Imagine having to shoot specific colored balls into specific shots during "multicolor multiball"?

#1334 5 years ago

As a color blind Wonka lover, I certainly hope they use something besides colors to distinguish the balls. I know its speculation at this point, but surely they have thought 1 in 10 men are Red Green color blind.

#1335 5 years ago

Multi colored balls would be so cool!

It would be trivial to detect ball color in shooter lane and adjust scoring / modes based on that.

Plus it fits the theme unlike the TZ Powerball.

#1336 5 years ago

Well given that MGC just announced something special - this makes me think JJP is unveiling WW at MGC.

54ca8e4f8573d4a416f2d44d1e8d66451856e63e (resized).png54ca8e4f8573d4a416f2d44d1e8d66451856e63e (resized).png
#1337 5 years ago

Time will tell on the theme, who knows. But just as a counter I'm 50 and loved the film. My younger brother is 40 and his friends know of the film and love it. It's also a movie that lots of people actually really enjoyed twice: once as a kid and then again as a college student for all of its craziness (much like BM66). Now, if it's not popular overseas I can see that being an issue.

I will say though, it's just a great theme for a pinball machine. Catchy songs, creepy/funny atmosphere, and lots of room for toys. I think there's a goodchance that even people that are only dimly aware of the theme to grow to like it through a pinball machine. Or maybe it will fail completely. What do I know?

#1338 5 years ago

Anyone interested in getting any info forthcoming on a new JJP game please email us at [email protected] to get on our email list for the immediate info / pics / videos when available. Whenever something gets revealed to are quick to get the info out to everyone so no worries about monitoring Pinside. We are one of the larger JJP distributors and always have plenty of games in inventory or left to sell. We still have a few POTC SEs left.

Look for us at Allentown Pinfest along with Jersey Jack with us in our booth in May with whatever new stuff there may be - we'll have it there ! : )

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

#1339 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Well given that MGC just announced something special - this makes me think JJP is unveiling WW at MGC.[quoted image]

Ready to preorder

#1340 5 years ago

Ditto. I was going to buy a DI or MBr but with this, I'm waiting to see what happens first.

#1341 5 years ago

My wife's birthday is that Saturday. Going to try to make it.

#1342 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Anyone interested in getting any info forthcoming on a new JJP game please email us at [email protected] to get on our email list for the immediate info / pics / videos when available. Whenever something gets revealed to are quick to get the info out to everyone so no worries about monitoring Pinside. We are one of the larger JJP distributors and always have plenty of games in inventory or left to sell. We still have a few POTC SEs left.
Look for us at Allentown Pinfest along with Jersey Jack with us in our booth in May with whatever new stuff there may be - we'll have it there ! : )
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

I'm already on the email list. What else do i have to do to get info on the "forthcoming" new games?

#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I wish JJP would stop making games of themes previously done like Pirates and GNR.

+1

... unless they remake BTTF of course.

#1344 5 years ago

Wich got cut internationally (well at least here), so they wouldn't have to translate them I suppose. :-/

WoZ somehow isn't a thing either here, but despite that everyone knows "Over the Rainbow".

#1345 5 years ago

I'm already on the email list. What else do i have to do to get info on the "forthcoming" new games?

Make sure you stay on your brothers good side

#1346 5 years ago

I'd like to get on the list for the POTCCE Black Pearl edition next year.

#1347 5 years ago

Waiting for Toy Story announcement
And Jack telling everyone Wonka ain’t happening! That’s right !
Put this to rest

#1348 5 years ago

If JJP had any clue as to what buyers want or to what is currently happening they would leak something to keep people from jumping ship with there money to the new shinny thing out (Stern). Help us help you and make us save our money for what ever JJP has planned. My money I saved for Wonka is slowly slipping out of my hands to the new Stern machine. Do something quick!!

#1349 5 years ago

While all this BK chit chat is interesting, I’m all in waiting on the Wonka reveal. No way would I touch another pin until I see what JJP has planned for this pin.

#1350 5 years ago
Quoted from Daveeb2000:

If JJP had any clue as to what buyers want or to what is currently happening they would leak something to keep people from jumping ship with there money to the new shinny thing out (Stern). Help us help you and make us save our money for what ever JJP has planned. My money I saved for Wonka is slowly slipping out of my hands to the new Stern machine. Do something quick!!

No worries I’ll take that Wonka! The will release it when they are done and ready he made that very clear. No sense showing it now only to be picked apart by Pinside. I think they learned that with Pirates.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.