210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 34.
#1251 5 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Forgive me if there is an obvious answer to this question; I don't follow threads and specifics due to work and family life. But....
When and where would one expect that JJP would announce their next game? I'm stoked about the prospect of a Wonka machine. So much so that I've been playing clips from youtube on our TV to annoy the wife and *hopefully* wear her thin before the game is released. I've never bought a NIB pin, but Wonka may be the first. The possibilities for the machine seem awesome.....

It will likely be announced within the next 60 days since they're not doing it at TPF.

#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It will likely be announced within the next 60 days since they're not doing it at TPF.

You kidding me? Argh!

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

So I hope you win Powerball, I'll be happy to buy a TBL from you !

Fuck, if I won powerball I would buy everyone here a pin.

#1254 5 years ago

I heard that WW will be announced at MGC in 3 weeks. Shipping within 60 days from that time. YBR Woz is on the line right now and they are making 200 of them this run (Jack just announced). That would seem to fit the timeframe of production for WW with the numbers Jack just gave out at the seminar.

Also, Jack just said, "Anything that comes out this week, or the next week, or the next week dont buy it!" So again, 3 weeks until next announcement.

#1255 5 years ago

Jack said WOZ was on the mini production line. The main line is being converted now for the next new game.

#1256 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Jack said WOZ was on the mini production line. The main line is being converted now for the next new game.

This new game will start production roughly 7-12 months after its unveiled to the world.

Probably cost $15k as well.

#1257 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

This new game will start production roughly 7-12 months after its unveiled to the world.
Probably cost $15k as well.

Haven’t looked or been in this thread for a long time and not much has changed it appears. Can’t help but chuckle about your comment. $11,500.00 for another iteration of WOZ, wow!

#1258 5 years ago

I bet WW and TS will be north of $10k

#1259 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Agreed, high prices.

#1260 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Sigh, I hope not. Even $8500 is really too much for me, but I might have been able to talk myself into something stupid for Wonka. I can't go any higher for that, though. At 10k we would be looking at 9K used ones. Oh well, I just played a metallica pro and had an awesome time on it. Lot of fun games out there to be had under 6K.

#1261 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Sigh, I hope not. Even $8500 is really too much for me, but I might have been able to talk myself into something stupid for Wonka. I can't go any higher for that, though. At 10k we would be looking at 9K used ones. Oh well, I just played a metallica pro and had an awesome time on it. Lot of fun games out there to be had under 6K.

Yes, better value for money for sure.

#1262 5 years ago

A lot of talk about JJP costs... we get it, they aren’t shy w pricing. Thankfully many options exist from AP, Stern, CGC, Spooky etc. 2019 will see many releases and I for one can not afford or have space for every new pin. Great options exist outside of JJP so if you aren’t interested in paying their prices you can pass. We are fortunate to have so many choices w new themes and mechs.

While JJP not cheap by virtually any measure have you seen the LOTR, BBB, and other older pins on the marketplace? Prices seem high across the board.

I am in for Wonka and look forward to the reveal and delivery!

#1263 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Been rocking it on my $2000 BK2000 all night. Fast, brutal and best music in any pin. Wonka would be a dream theme for me. But even second hand ones would run way over my budget.

#1264 5 years ago

Not sure if this link will work but here is the reveal of WOZ YBR edition that Nitro Pinball posted on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/NITROPINBALL/videos/1496805087116118/?sfnsn=mo

#1265 5 years ago
Quoted from Deadrock:

Not sure if this link will work but here is the reveal of WOZ YBR edition that Nitro Pinball posted on their Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/NITROPINBALL/videos/1496805087116118/?sfnsn=mo

Couldn't see if it had the Flying Monkey or not

#1266 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Couldn't see if it had the Flying Monkey or not

Monkey is gone. So is the right side door on the mini castle playfield.

#1267 5 years ago

think when they just announced pricing on the new woz, most of us aren't even considering a willy Wonka now. think 50% of us just got priced out.

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

A lot of talk about JJP costs... we get it, they aren’t shy w pricing. Thankfully many options exist from AP, Stern, CGC, Spooky etc. 2019 will see many releases and I for one can not afford or have space for every new pin. Great options exist outside of JJP so if you aren’t interested in paying their prices you can pass. We are fortunate to have so many choices w new themes and mechs.
While JJP not cheap by virtually any measure have you seen the LOTR, BBB, and other older pins on the marketplace? Prices seem high across the board.
I am in for Wonka and look forward to the reveal and delivery!

You are trying to compare JJP prices to LOTR prices funny stuff https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/lord-of-the-rings/market

#1269 5 years ago

You are trying to compare JJP prices to LOTR prices funny stuff

What’s funny is all the whining and crying from grown men about their toys. This hobby has many options, you can spend $500 or $15000 for a pin like BM66. Why beat a dead horse, they games are expensive, understood.

My point was you will see many older games either due to rarity or nostalgia go for big $. I love CV ... have you priced one lately?

#1270 5 years ago

Greenandwhite if CV gets remade by CGC if will be around $6500 $3000 less then JJP. The high prices of JJP are what hurts themselves

#1271 5 years ago

Maybe so but LE 8k plus. I was speaking to the older games like LOTR NIB on the market for $15k or shopped versions of TAF or AF etc. Prices high across the board, good thing we have options.

To compare stripped down Stern Pro or base model CGC not an apples to apples comparison.

Bring on WW!

#1272 5 years ago

Maybe so but LE 8k plus. I was speaking to the older games like LOTR NIB on the market for $15k or shopped versions of TAF or AF etc. Prices high across the board, good thing we have options.
To compare stripped down Stern Pro or base model CGC not an apples to apples comparison.
Bring on WW!

So you want to compare JJP game to a NIB game you can't play without the value dropping if half that's funny. TAF prices get a clue https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/addams-family/market

#1273 5 years ago

Jacks shit is too high even if it is leagues better than Stern.

#1274 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Jacks shit is too high even if it is leagues better than Stern.

Stern has done too much cost reduction and JJP has not done enough. I think JJP could cut some corners and still have a fine product that is substantially better than Stern build quality and presentation while removing 15% of the cost to keep the machines in low earth orbit. They should do that ASAP.

#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern has done too much cost reduction and JJP has not done enough. I think JJP could cut some corners and still have a fine product that is substantially better than Stern build quality and presentation while removing 15% of the cost to keep the machines in low earth orbit. They should do that ASAP.

I really don’t like that idea. They build the Cadillac for the higher end market. If WW happens, my expectation is toys and complexity. Stern can build the Chevy models....

#1276 5 years ago

Its a fucking pinball machine. There is no reason for the thing to be 10K. I buy cars all day long for half that. Not many people can afford to pull 10K out of their ass for a pinball machine.

#1277 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Its a fucking pinball machine. There is no reason for the thing to be 10K. I buy cars all day long for half that. Not many people can afford to pull 10K out of their ass for a pinball machine.

And yet, they are sold out..

#1278 5 years ago

JJP should try dipping their toes in on a game at the $6500 price point and see what happens. I think they could deal some damage to Stern if they can find a way to out-feature Stern at this price point and not got bankrupt.

#1279 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And yet, they are sold out..

what's sold out? Yellow WOZ?

#1280 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

well maybe if they had bigger runs they can cut costs but who wants to be stuck with a big lot of unsold games?

#1281 5 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

well maybe if they had bigger runs they can cut costs but who wants to be stuck with a big lot of unsold games?

They need to find a way to make a full featured standard edition game for $7-$8k and an over the top CE edition that is truly collectible and limited for a high price tag/big sales margin. This whole LE thing is silly because they aren’t LE.
When they accomplish this and have two regular production games per year is when they will start to thrive.

#1282 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How many can afford to pull $200K to $300K out of their ass for an Aston Martin, Ferrari, or McLaren? And yet more of those are sold every year than any of Jack's "overpriced" pinball machines.

Everyone has their own passion and their own limitations on what they're willing to spend in pursuit of happiness. I have family and friends who waste more money chasing a little white ball into a hole every year than I will ever spend on a new pinball machine.

#1283 5 years ago

lot of talk about JJP costs... we get it, they aren’t shy w pricing. Thankfully many options exist from AP, Stern, CGC, Spooky etc.

Jack just raised 2019 prices across the board. If people are foolish enough to buy at this price we are all gonna feel the pain. I say bitch and moan or 10k by xmas is gonna be a bargain for any pin. Oh yeah the bubble.

#1284 5 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I really don’t like that idea. They build the Cadillac for the higher end market. If WW happens, my expectation is toys and complexity. Stern can build the Chevy models....

Um, Cadillac's are made by Chev

#1285 5 years ago

I don’t get the constant raising of prices. I have the income to buy $11k pins but I won’t, because that’s too much for a pin (exception: Alien, due to rarity) I admit I almost bought a YBR but finally decided not to on principle. I won’t support this constant and unnecessary increase on prices.

JJP should be reducing costs as they hone their skill set across the board, getting better parts pricing, more efficient assembly, etc and so on. These reductions are natural for a business like that, but yet we are seeing prices continue to rise. If JJP has to raise prices to make a profit then they are doing something wrong OR someone is getting greedy (Does Jack still have majority share ownership?). I’m fine spending $9k-ish on a JJP pin, because it’s going to be loaded with stuff. (I bought POTC new and just ordered a WOZ NIB) But not $11k.

I will not be surprised if a Wonka standard is $9k-$10k. LE will be $10.5k+

#1286 5 years ago

$11,500, and then add another $900 or so for tax and you are at $12,400 for a NIB LE JJP Game.

Eventually if or when deeproot actually comes into the market and starts to sell full featured Innovative games at afforable prices then I am predicting JJP to either cut the prices on games to stay competitive or close shop.

#1287 5 years ago

Keep bitching and moaning while the rest of us have fun. Excited for the future!

FDC15E53-2B42-49C2-9A88-D62C74C5F1CC (resized).jpegFDC15E53-2B42-49C2-9A88-D62C74C5F1CC (resized).jpeg
#1288 5 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

If you do the cost reductions right, they won't be in noticeable places. Stern's displays are WAY crappier than JJPs (I'm not talking size/res, but build quality), but they still do the job fine. JJP is wasting money with the display they're putting in theirs they could reduce costs there and no one would really notice/care, because the job would be the same. I'm not saying take away GAME ELEMENTS. I'm saying do the basics common to all the machines better at less cost and try to design out the costs of the stuff specific to the new machine(s) as they're being designed.

#1289 5 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Keep bitching and moaning while the rest of us have fun. Excited for the future!
[quoted image]

He needs a mad-hatter type tag in his hat band that says "11 1/2" as a very topical inside joke.

#1290 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He needs a mad-hatter type tag in his hat band that says "11 1/2".

I see what you did there
Unfortunately that number might have to be higher when the game actually comes out

#1291 5 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

I see what you did there
Unfortunately that number might have to be higher when the game actually comes out

I don't think it will be highter. The volume on Wonka will be much higher than YBRWOZ, so if they even try that high again, there's a big margin boost in there.

#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

How many can afford to pull $200K to $300K out of their ass for an Aston Martin, Ferrari, or McLaren? And yet more of those are sold every year than any of Jack's "overpriced" pinball machines.
Everyone has their own passion and their own limitations on what they're willing to spend in pursuit of happiness. I have family and friends who waste more money chasing a little white ball into a hole every year than I will ever spend on a new pinball machine.

Listening to people trying to justify JJP prices after each price increase gets funnier and funnier

#1293 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Listening to people trying to justify JJP prices after each price increase gets funnier and funnier

At least it's funny. Stern's ridiculous cost reductions are cutting bone now and their prices are still increasing. Same idea, less funny reality.

#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At least it's funny. Stern's ridiculous cost reductions are cutting bone now and their prices are still increasing. Same idea, less funny reality.

In the last 7 years Stern $4200 now $5200-$5600 JJP $6500 now for the same game minus the best toy $11,500

#1295 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

In the last 7 years Stern $4200 now $5200-$5600 JJP $6500 now for the same game minus the best toy $11,500

You left out the cost-reduction part of that equation. They've taken at least half that price inflation additionally out of the cost side by cost-reducing the crap out of their releases, even the LE's which should be the "deluxe" machines.

Plus street price, you could get the original release Stern Spiderman which is essentially equal to a Premium build for $3300 that's now more than double that street AND much crappier build quality. 100% price increase in 10 years. Jack's still less than 100% in 8 years, IF $11,500 is for ALL pins and not just TBRWOZ. I tend to think it's an R rating fakeout.

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I'm not trying to justify the price. Someone brought up buying cars for less money than WOZ. I thought it was worth mentioning that you can also buy cars that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's a pointless argument. Buy what you want. Eat what you want, too. Life is short. Who cares what others are doing with their money?

#1297 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You left out the cost-reduction part of that equation. They've taken at least half that price inflation additionally out of the cost side by cost-reducing the crap out of their releases, even the LE's which should be the "deluxe" machines.
Plus street price, you could get the original release Stern Spiderman which is essentially equal to a Premium build for $3300 that's now more than double that street AND much crappier build quality. 100% price increase in 10 years. Jack's still less than 100% in 8 years, IF $11,500 is for ALL pins and not just TBRWOZ. I tend to think it's an R rating fakeout.

So do tell how has Stern cut cost since AC/DC and how has JJP games gotten better since WOZ

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I'm not trying to justify the price. Someone brought up buying cars for less money than WOZ. I thought it was worth mentioning that you can also buy cars that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's a pointless argument. Buy what you want. Eat what you want, too. Life is short. Who cares what others are doing with their money?

I think cars are very comparable. You get what you pay for. Go cheap, splurge, or ride the bus. I don’t splurge on cars but will on pinball.

The last thing I want to see JJP do is cheapen up the games. They’d just be another Stern....

#1299 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

So do tell how has Stern cut cost since AC/DC and how has JJP games gotten better since WOZ

The point is JJP has not cost reduced in any noticible way, while Stern has cost reduced the cabinet wood, playfields, plastics, brackets, electronics, power supply, translites, pretty much no area has gone untouched. You don't need specifics - 2019 Sterns are noticibly lighter than 2010 Sterns. I know, I move them all the time.

#1300 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You try and justify comparing a 2007 SM to today's premium the Munsters the most recent game with the second playfield you want to compare a SM to it please. If you want to go $3300 to $5400 but being that CE gameplay no different then LE games we should compare $6500 to $12,500

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/26?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.