210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 34.
#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

What JJP really needs is a second shift of workers. Keep that production line humming 16 hours a day (maybe one with new games and one with older titles - I think I read they have 2 production lines?

No, the have proven night shifts are never as productive as day. You only run night shifts if you need to keep equipment running 24/7 to maximize its output.

What JJP needs is to keep both lines busy everyday so they can keep a senior talented and trained workforce for years, that’s how they improve speed and build quality.

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

What JJP really needs is a second shift of workers. Keep that production line humming 16 hours a day (maybe one with new games and one with older titles - I think I read they have 2 production lines?

That only works if you have steady sales, and the ability (money) to hire more management (overhead) to oversee the second shift operation so quality doesn't suffer. I don't think JJP has the sales volume to justify that. If you do not have the sales, then you are just going to yo-yo your workers and have to lay them off every couple weeks. That is not how you keep decent semi-skilled workers around. If you read between the lines, it seems like some JJPOTC quality problems are a result of some unskilled labor pains. I don't think even Stern runs a second shift...do they?

#1203 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I bet if they had the orders rolling in they would... they need more games more often.

Stern is just killing everyone as they produce games like every single time you blink your eyes. JJ also needs to stop doing themes that Stern already recently did as with Hobbit and Pirates. Lord of the Rings Hobbit no difference... Willy Wonka people are excited about because it hasn't been done yet.

I'm excited about Wonka that is for sure!

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

No, the have proven night shifts are never as productive as day. You only run night shifts if you need to keep equipment running 24/7 to maximize its output.

I disagree with this statement. In the 24 hour manufacturing facilities I have been involved with, the off shifts tend to produce more per man-hour due to not being micro-managed to death by the daytime salaried employees trying to justify their jobs. Productivity depends a lot on workplace culture, and what acronym of the month upper management is trying to shove their way to make it look like they did something this year. (LSS, KanBan, Lean, etc)

#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I disagree with this statement. In the 24 hour manufacturing facilities I have been involved with, the off shifts tend to produce more per man-hour due to not being micro-managed to death by the daytime salaried employees trying to justify their jobs. Productivity depends a lot on workplace culture, and what acronym of the month upper management is trying to shove their way to make it look like they did something this year. (LSS, KanBan, Lean, etc)

Back when I was a computer operator, I _always_ preferred the 2nd and 3rd shifts, when there were no up-and-coming junior programmers nosing around trying to make sure _their_ pet project ran before the Order Status report.

#1206 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Lets start with WOZ... that changed the entire industry. No game before it had full blown TV's in them, complete movie clips, two upper playfields, amazing artwork, complete LED and the list goes on and on... what other game created back in 2013 is still being made today due to demand for it? None! This single game created the whole LE market.
Dialed In: First game with an ap, camera's which take your picture, connection on the front to plug in headphones straight from the factory. Forget about the amazing graphics they created, no one has ever done that before. With Dialed In they didn't use movie clips they created all that stuff from scratch.
Hobbit was the first game ever to feature a SCREEN under the glass so you had a screen above and below the glass. The integration of graphics and movie clips was on a level never before seen.
Pirates all original shots, first ever moving upper playfield, video cameras, never before has someone used a screen to give you directions for the game, prior and still its just a paper card.
Lets not forget all the amazing code out of the box... I love my Batman 66 but it took years to get the code with JJ its out of the box.

DI JJP best game with fewer primary modes than the first two games then having bob secondary modes. The Bob mode kill the game for me you feel selfy mode is innovation that and emoji mode just reminds me the game is about a phone.

TH was the first to have an LCD screen under glass but DMD games had DMD screens under glass innovation meh

POTC not the first ever moving playfield

Code out of box TH was not highly spoken of for quite some time till code was polished

#1207 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

DI JJP best game with fewer primary modes than the first two games then having bob secondary modes. The Bob mode kill the game for me you feel selfy mode is innovation that and emoji mode just reminds me the game is about a phone.

The BOB modes are all just silly fun, with currently _very_ few points involved, comparatively speaking. They're nice if you can get a disaster mode or MB going at the same time, but should otherwise pretty much be treated as something for the other players to watch while you're playing.

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's also the cost of developing high quality animations for a larger screen and integrating the animations with code, music, etc.

I think that's a bigger cost than the screen. They have incredibly polished UI and animations on all their titles, and that ain't cheap to develop.

#1209 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think that's a bigger cost than the screen. They have incredibly polished UI and animations on all their titles, and that ain't cheap to develop.

This is true.

Just musing.. I'm surprised at how many people think/feel that Stern have nailed the UI on their games since they have switched to an LCD screen. I don't think it's terrible, but I'm sitting there awaiting my turn watching the screen on a Stern game and I always think how much better it could be. It seems like they don't know what to do with it half the time. As a cohesive "art package" I find Stern has a long way to go. But, if you compare it to JJP, JJP's screen is just wonderful. Laid out well, consistent and makes sense for the most part. Maybe I just don't what Stern is going for..?

#1210 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

As a cohesive "art package" I find Stern has a long way to go. But, if you compare it to JJP, JJP's screen is just wonderful. Laid out well, consistent and makes sense for the most part. Maybe I just don't what Stern is going for..?

Stern is going for "just good enough." Always. And sometimes they don't even hit that. Remember, in the B/W days, they were the sad second choice company. They only became the leader because they were all that was left.

#1211 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern is going for "just good enough." Always. And sometimes they don't even hit that. Remember, in the B/W days, they were the sad second choice company. They only became the leader because they were all that was left.

Very true.... I agree w/ this statement..

#1212 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Very true.... I agree w/ this statement..

I think a lot of it has to do with a super aggressive release schedule. They don't have the time to bake them all the way.

#1213 5 years ago

Where is the Willy Wonka and JJP in all this Stern talk? Or did I misread the thread Title?

#1214 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Where is the Willy Wonka and JJP in all this Stern talk? Or did I misread the thread Title?

So true. I heard (i hope im wrong), the reveal will be June which is still Spring but barely.

#1215 5 years ago

Why wait for Announcement?

Texas show would be a perfect time !
Anything but Wonka Im in

#1216 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Why wait for Announcement?

Because past delays taught them to announce when the games are coming down the line.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : I'm still hoping it's a Bob The Squirrel pin. Or Sargent Fury and his Howling Commandos.

#1217 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Because past delays taught them to announce when the games are coming down the line.
Disclaimer : I'm still hoping it's a Bob The Squirrel pin. Or Sargent Fury and his Howling Commandos.

I’m already down on Wonka Lloyd.

This summer is fine. I need time to explore Potc!

#1218 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m already down on Wonka Lloyd.
This summer is fine. I need time to explore Potc!

I'd take a Wonka Lloyd over a Willy Wonka anyday!

I'm sure WLTG : ) already would have modes concocted involving tequila, drunk monkeys, and his ever lovin' pooch side kick too!

#1219 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm totally down with them waiting until they have some built and can start delivering within a month of the reveal. Makes WAY more sense than letting hype die down over 6-12 months after the announcement.

#1220 5 years ago

See what happens when a game is not shown. All the excitement fades away.

#1221 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

See what happens when a game is not shown. All the excitement fades away.

Trust me. It will be MUCH more exciting when they announce Wonka and then start shipping it right away

#1222 5 years ago

JJP would benefit from some “accidental leaks” a few months out *wink*wink*

#1223 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

JJP would benefit from some “accidental leaks” a few months out *wink*wink*

And then something happens like game specific parts that arrive don't meet spec and have to be reordered and then *wink*wink* we're a half year or more out again and same old cycle continues.

Better do like Stern does. Brief leak, picture or name. And then a couple days later pictures of it coming down the assembly line.

#1224 5 years ago

Info max 30 days before shipping, as a fan I would prefer that. Half the battle is expectations. The other half is delivering absolute magic. Get those two things right... profit.

#1225 5 years ago

Do you notice how nobody is questioning Pat Lawlor’s ability this time.I guess it’s because Quantum City is so f$&ckin awesome!Hate theme or not it is top ten of all time.I hope Wonka is just as great with a great theme.

#1226 5 years ago

Trailer for TS4:

#1227 5 years ago
Quoted from Deadrock:

Trailer for TS4:

Dear Jack,

Please don't be Toy Story as I will have to buy it

#1228 5 years ago
Quoted from Deadrock:

Trailer for TS4:

...and there's a pinball machine in it.

Here we go!

#1229 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

...and there's a pinball machine in it.
Here we go!

I didn't realize they were actually IN a pinball machine.... Jump to 1:39. (Hope its not a Stern)

#1230 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

I didn't realize they were actually IN a pinball machine.... Jump to 1:39. (Hope its not a Stern)

...or even worse, a Spooky!

#1231 5 years ago

It's worth what it's worth, but someone posted the trailer on Instagram, implied that JJP would release Toy Story pinball and JJP replied twice on it with a wink and a like. I say it's an unofficial rumor official confirmation, but I may be a dreamer !

#1232 5 years ago

Trailer looks good but, man, do they really have to show the whole movie in the trailer nowadays?

#1233 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Trailer looks good but, man, do they really have to show the whole movie in the trailer nowadays?

Yup I feel like I've seen the whole movie already!

#1234 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Dear Jack,
Please don't be Toy Story as I will have to buy it

Same here just bought pirates would have a wait a while

#1235 5 years ago

Shit if YBR is the ULTIMATE WOZ then I’ll have to buy it and if WONKA hits it out the park WOZ style my budget for 2019 is going to go quick.

#1236 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Shit if YBR is the ULTIMATE WOZ then I’ll have to buy it and if WONKA hits it out the park WOZ style my budget for 2019 is going to go quick.

Supposedly it will be MORE expensive, so maybe they have some new mechs in it to make it even crazier? I can't imagine how...

#1237 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Pixar's pretty good about giving a meaty trailer without giving away too much of the actual movie.

#1238 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pixar's pretty good about giving a meaty trailer without giving away too much of the actual movie.

Yeah, but this does give away the movie. The kid makes a toy from a spoon, Woody and friends have to protect it, the spoon decides to leave, Woody goes to try to bring it back, on the way home they run into Bo, who now lives in a amusement park, Woody gets distracted and stays at the park, back home, Buzz and the gang are worried and decide to go find Woody, the kid visits the park and Woody remembers his original mission and decides to return home. That's what I got from the trailer, seems like pretty much the entire plot, I could be wrong though.

#1239 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Yeah, but this does give away the movie. The kid makes a toy from a spoon, Woody and friends have to protect it, the spoon decides to leave, Woody goes to try to bring it back, on the way home they run into Bo, who now lives in a amusement park, Woody gets distracted and stays at the park, back home, Buzz and the gang are worried and decide to go find Woody, the kid visits the park and Woody remembers his original mission and decides to return home. That's what I got from the trailer, seems like pretty much the entire plot, I could be wrong though.

I'm going to ask my six year old son if he interpreted the trailer the same way you did...

#1240 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I feel as though I have seen the movie and I don't particularly need to see it again

#1241 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I feel as though I have seen the movie and I don't particularly need to see it again

I think, first off, we have got to acknowledge the fact the main character is Sporky the Clown, a real “KFC in your face” moment that oddly makes me hope he ends up in the landfill. Pixar, although virtuosic masters of heart-stringed instruments, may have launched this foray into the PCU missing a “C” and may end up part of a small, but growing pile of P U that started with Cars 2&3, the good dinosaur, and Finding Dory. The trailers for those movies were a hard sell as well.

#1242 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Supposedly it will be MORE expensive, so maybe they have some new mechs in it to make it even crazier? I can't imagine how...

No $9500 to $9999 game will ever be a hit even if it is GOAT

#1243 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think, first off, we have got to acknowledge the fact the main character is Sporky the Clown, a real “KFC in your face” moment that oddly makes me hope he ends up in the landfill. Pixar, although virtuosic masters of heart-stringed instruments, may have launched this foray into the PCU missing a “C” and may end up part of a small, but growing pile of P U that started with Cars 2&3, the good dinosaur, and Finding Dory. The trailers for those movies were a hard sell as well.

God I hope it isn't Cars-anything-like. They all sucked.

#1244 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

No $9500 to $9999 game will ever be a hit even if it is GOAT

The simple fact that you said "ever" makes that statement suspect. If pinball survives, inflation will eventually make your statement false.

#1245 5 years ago

Forgive me if there is an obvious answer to this question; I don't follow threads and specifics due to work and family life. But....

When and where would one expect that JJP would announce their next game? I'm stoked about the prospect of a Wonka machine. So much so that I've been playing clips from youtube on our TV to annoy the wife and *hopefully* wear her thin before the game is released. I've never bought a NIB pin, but Wonka may be the first. The possibilities for the machine seem awesome.....

#1246 5 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Forgive me if there is an obvious answer to this question; I don't follow threads and specifics due to work and family life. But....
When and where would one expect that JJP would announce their next game? I'm stoked about the prospect of a Wonka machine. So much so that I've been playing clips from youtube on our TV to annoy the wife and *hopefully* wear her thin before the game is released. I've never bought a NIB pin, but Wonka may be the first. The possibilities for the machine seem awesome.....

They've announced their games at Expo before. It takes place in October.

#1247 5 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

When it's ready.

You are forgiven.

#1248 5 years ago

No forgiveness from me - whad’ya mean you don’t follow threads??? This is unacceptable

#1249 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

No forgiveness from me - whad’ya mean you don’t follow threads??? This is unacceptable

Ha, if only there were more time. I'm almost done refurbishing a Flying Carpet as a favor, next in line is a Space Mission - - - again, for someone else. And I tore down my STTNG for refurbishment and there it sits. Someday I'll get back to it. With a 50+ hour a week job, plus two young kids. Now if I win the Powerball this weekend.....I'll have more time. And I'll fund the manufacturing for TBL. Right.

#1250 5 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Ha, if only there were more time. I'm almost done refurbishing a Flying Carpet as a favor, next in line is a Space Mission - - - again, for someone else. And I tore down my STTNG for refurbishment and there it sits. Someday I'll get back to it. With a 50+ hour a week job, plus two young kids. Now if I win the Powerball this weekend.....I'll have more time. And I'll fund the manufacturing for TBL. Right.

So I hope you win Powerball, I'll be happy to buy a TBL from you !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 32.99
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/25?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.