210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 34.
#1151 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Jersey Jack seems to do really well working with Warner Brothers... out of these titles what would you like to see them do? They have a great relationship with Warner no reason not to keep working with them.
The Conjuring
Dumb and Dumber
Friday the 13th
Mortal Kombat
Scooby Doo
DC Universe
Batman Arkham
Harry Potter
The Matrix
Lego
Blade Runner
Mad Max
Exorcist
Gremlins
Hangover
Caddyshack
Beetlejuice
National Lampoon Vacation Series
Seinfield
Big Bang Theory
Get Smart
Sherlock Holmes
Clash of the Titans
Ready Player One

Harry Potter

#1152 5 years ago

The Gene Wilder/Mel Stuart Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory will surely make for one of the greatest pinball machines of all-time. I spent over an hour scanning through this massive thread and was finally convinced and relieved beyond words that the far, far, far inferior Depp version is not at all on the table. As others have said it would be a Herculean blunder to go in that direction and I too am of the mind-set of a few others who seem insulted such a gaffe would even be humanely possible. Yes JJP machines are incomparably sturdy and reliable, stacked and ornate, deep and engaging. I own only one, Emerald City WOZ, new in box which I bought for 9K from my usual Ct supplier several months ago, joining a mint GI, new in box MM re-make; new in box AFM re-make and excellent condition ELVIS (Stern) and the only clearly used machine, my TAF which plays perfectly but sports a worn playfield. But I have played DI, TH on location and POTC and love them all.

There are two machines I want to add. One is the just-released CGC Monster Bach LE re-make and the other of course is WILLY WONKA, which could well be my family's favorite of all. I met my wife helping her stage a third grade play in 1991, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" in the NJ Elementary School where we both taught/teach, so the title holds the deepest meaning for us and our five children. But we adore the 1971, the music and the wonderful array of eccentric characters created by the most creative mind in children's literature, Roald Dahl.

Like others I will be watching gleefully for the upcoming announcement that so many say is imminent. There are so many playfield ideas I have as to the layout and toys, but others have done a fine job envisioning it all.

#1153 5 years ago

One more post I wanted to put all my thoughts in different posts ... Gene Wilder vs Depp. This is a no brainer. The Depp movie made a ton more money obviously and was a good movie no doubt. However the movie was re-made because the original is a CLASSIC like Wizard of Oz. Disney actually made a WOZ prequel that was okay, but you don't hear anyone calling for a game based on that film.

The original film has the appeal and no game will ever be made based on the Depp version and it has nothing to do with Depp. It has everything to do with the original is a better movie period.

I can tell you exactly how many people would buy the game based on the remake ... ZERO!

People grew up on the original movie, just as they did with the original King Kong, WOZ and a list of other movies.

If you're target demo is 45-60 there is ONLY ONE OPTION the original.

Which is why I'm not a big fan of them doing Toy Story. I'm not sure how many males 45-60 would want a game based on Toy Story.

Love the films but I'm not excited about that theme personally. Going back to Warners I'd rather see Road Warrior/Mad Max or do a comedy sure thing but make it Caddyshack. "ITS IN THE HOLE"

Caddyshack would be one of the biggest selling pinballs anyone could make because so many people with 10k LOVE THAT MOVIE!

Make Caddyshack cheaper license tons of comedy superstars: Dangerfield, Murray, Chase, Knight and a cast that is perfect.

#1154 5 years ago

Oh man I would love to see Ready Player One. Just think of the modes, artifacts to collect, and the keys lend themselves to wizard modes.

#1155 5 years ago

Great thoughts drfrightner I'm curious if that is, in fact, the true demographic... Personally, I know a LOT of people in their mid to late 30's that I would argue are for sure a contributing demo, and own some pretty pricey pins. .

#1156 5 years ago

I think the mass majority of people buying the games right now are people between 40-60. This is something you see happen every generation. I remember when I was a kid every 40-60 year wanted a 57 Chevy... who today wants a 57 Chevy? Anyone???

No everyone wants a 1970 Dodge Challenger or a 1969 Roadrunner, 69 Z28, 68 Mustang whatever but even those cars are slowing down and do you know what is climbing like a rock?

78 Trans Am, 80 Z28 those cars from the late 70's and early 80's even IROC are getting big.

Pinball was in its heyday when... same timeframe as Pac Man and Donkey Kong right? The guy who played Arabian Knights when it was new probably in his 40's or later now. So these things are super popular. Stern is in what I would call the HAPPY TIME right now... but can you expand it beyond that demo?

Teenagers who crew up on Mario Kart will soon be the next demo looking for their toys as a youth and it wasn't pinball.

Need to figure out ways to appeal to more demos, get Dave and Busters to put in pinball. I have idea's but you need to grow it for sure.

#1157 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Great thoughts drfrightner I'm curious if that is, in fact, the true demographic... Personally, I know a LOT of people in their mid to late 30's that I would argue are for sure a contributing demo, and own some pretty pricey pins. .

This is a speculation thread, and while drfrightner has some wonderful opinions, let please remember that they just that.

Jjp's demographic is pinball enthusiasts leaning more towards the family friendly themes. Jjp's customers also include non-pinball people where these family friendly themes are appealing. While the idea of a Friday the 13th pin might excite some, a <insert your favorite rumored game> will have a vastly large reach potential.

Continue on with this delightful thread.

#1158 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

a) Create story modes to help people win the game. No ball limits you can keep playing just like a video game until you win the game. So clearly the game needs a pause function so you can save your game. Think about this from an operating standpoint as well...

I've been thinking for a while this should be happening. Even said to Jack G when he was in Melbourne that I thought you should be able to save progress as you go down the yellow brick road. I've got thirty video games on my mobile phone and they all save your progress. Really enjoying your posts drfrightner. Lots of good ideas. I too think this is a great theme for a pinball and Jersey Jack are the ones to do it, although from reading this thread it seems it might be a standard cabinet and I reckon it needs a wide body like WOZ, to fit the whole chocolate factory world into. Hope JJ can keep up the innovation and quality without going bankrupt.

#1159 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

One more post I wanted to put all my thoughts in different posts ... Gene Wilder vs Depp. This is a no brainer. The Depp movie made a ton more money obviously and was a good movie no doubt. However the movie was re-made because the original is a CLASSIC like Wizard of Oz. Disney actually made a WOZ prequel that was okay, but you don't hear anyone calling for a game based on that film.
The original film has the appeal and no game will ever be made based on the Depp version and it has nothing to do with Depp. It has everything to do with the original is a better movie period.
I can tell you exactly how many people would buy the game based on the remake ... ZERO!
People grew up on the original movie, just as they did with the original King Kong, WOZ and a list of other movies.
If you're target demo is 45-60 there is ONLY ONE OPTION the original.
Which is why I'm not a big fan of them doing Toy Story. I'm not sure how many males 45-60 would want a game based on Toy Story.
Love the films but I'm not excited about that theme personally. Going back to Warners I'd rather see Road Warrior/Mad Max or do a comedy sure thing but make it Caddyshack. "ITS IN THE HOLE"
Caddyshack would be one of the biggest selling pinballs anyone could make because so many people with 10k LOVE THAT MOVIE!
Make Caddyshack cheaper license tons of comedy superstars: Dangerfield, Murray, Chase, Knight and a cast that is perfect.

You make a lot of assumptions. One of them I think is way off though. I’d guess target ages are 35-54 since those age ranges makes the highest income in the US.

#1160 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Exactly.

#1161 5 years ago

I currently have absolutely no desire to own a willy wonka pin. I’d much rather have Toy Story. That being said, there are only a select few who have played and have hands on time with JJPs new pins. I’m not a huge fan of the POTC theme, but just sent my distributor a check today for a nib LE because of how nice the pin is. So I’m waiting to see what they been working on, I’m excited to actually see and play the new pin soon. Maybe JJP will surprise us all! If the layout, toys, code etc are great, I think JJP will have a great pin

#1162 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You make a lot of assumptions. One of them I think is way off though. I’d guess target ages are 35-54 since those age ranges makes the highest income in the US.

That may be true but don't discount us baby boomers who are older, have less commitments after paying for kids college, wedding expenses and also have the net worth to buy JJP games and second homes etc. Saving and investing was a big plus for our generation.

#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I currently have absolutely no desire to own a willy wonka pin. I’d much rather have Toy Story. That being said, there are only a select few who have played and have hands on time with JJPs new pins. I’m not a huge fan of the POTC theme, but just sent my distributor a check today for a nib LE because of how nice the pin is. So I’m waiting to see what they been working on, I’m excited to actually see and play the new pin soon. Maybe JJP will surprise us all! If the layout, toys, code etc are great, I think JJP will have a great pin

You should definitely check out Dialed In... fantastic game

#1164 5 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Mexico? If They do then others will point to that say JJP is unamerican

Next stop China with our buddy homepin lol

#1165 5 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Generic theme, cellphone on playfield,pass. Even if it shoots well

#1166 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

I said the same thing and then some. But it’s so damn fun to play. It’s one of the next on my list.

#1167 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

The playfield is brilliant (sans the SIM card shot). The theme and sounds and modes didn’t thrill me at all. It lasted 10 days.

#1168 5 years ago
Quoted from dug:

I actually did a trade with my distributor to get a nib LE, it is an cool pin, but ultimately wasn’t a long term keeper. Cool layout and toys, but just didn’t enjoy it as much as I hoped to. Owned hobbit too, I was equally impressed with the quality. JJP pins are in a class of their own.

#1169 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

...I can tell you exactly how many people would buy the game based on the remake ... ZERO! ...

Orly?

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Even though we would love the Depp version, I agree the pinball should be the Wilder version for mass appeal.

#1170 5 years ago

I was initially cool on Wonka as a theme but I am warming up to it. I hope we see a reveal at TPF!

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

Generic theme? Everything in Dialed In had to be custom made in terms of animations, sounds, music, etc and JJP did it with very high quality. I'll take that anyday over a bunch of movie clips. Love the theme as nothing had to be sacrificed and it came from Pat Lawlors own mind. The pin pays homage to many of Pat's best games which is super cool.

The "cell phone" on the playfield is also a pretty damn cool toy considering it displays custom animations from characters from the theme as well as mode information. Hell, more animation work probably went into the 3D models for the phone then Sterns past 3 LCD games lol.

After seeing what Pat Lawlor did with Dialed In I can't wait to see how Wonka turns out. Will be interesting to see if it's as loaded as Dialed In or is scaled back in effort to reduce costs.

#1172 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Generic theme? Everything in Dialed In had to be custom made in terms of animations, sounds, music, etc and JJP did it with very high quality. I'll take that anyday over a bunch of movie clips. Love the theme as nothing had to be sacrificed and it came from Pat Lawlors own mind. The pin pays homage to many of Pat's best games which is super cool.
The "cell phone" on the playfield is also a pretty damn cool toy considering it displays custom animations from characters from the theme as well as mode information. Hell, more animation work probably went into the 3D models for the phone then Sterns past 3 LCD games lol.
After seeing what Pat Lawlor did with Dialed In I can't wait to see how Wonka turns out. Will be interesting to see if it's as loaded as Dialed In or is scaled back in effort to reduce costs.

Agree 100%
Very well said

#1173 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The playfield is brilliant. BRILLIANT. The callouts and sounds are boring. CANDI and the News Guy and the Bonus Music drove me absolutely nuts.
Dear God that bonus music still haunts me.

Anyway, people can spend lots of time on things and still make them boring. For example, I'm sure a lot goes into CSPAN programming, but I can't watch it.

I don't mind if anyone likes the pin, but no one in the house wanted to play it though. No attachment to it whatsoever. I'm waiting on Wonka, though. Still have faith.

#1174 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

the Bonus Music drove me absolutely nuts.
Dear God that bonus music still haunts me.

Too bad you never figured out how to both-flipper it shorter.

#1175 5 years ago

Someone should just do a poll ... DEPP WONKA or WILDER WONKA. I'm going to guess the results... 95 to 5 something like that in favor of Wilder. If you had a vote to the first 100.

#1176 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Too bad you never figured out how to both-flipper it shorter.

I wanted to see my bonus.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Someone should just do a poll ... DEPP WONKA or WILDER WONKA. I'm going to guess the results... 95 to 5 something like that in favor of Wilder. If you had a vote to the first 100.

Depp was soooooo creepy. No WAY JJP is doing a 2nd Depp pin in a row.

#1177 5 years ago

Ok guys 10 days until TPF. Cant believe weve made it this far without any leaks at all! We had some details about DI and PoTC by this point in years past. Come on!

#1178 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

stern does absolutely zero innovating,

LAMO TH has drop target innovation lol and KISS has the ball crawl up the wall yet Stern has no innovation

#1179 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

No ball limits you can keep playing just like a video game until you win

Wow that's not pinball JJP might as well make virtual pin games

Quoted from drfrightner:

The pinball community needs Jersey Jack more than they need Deep Root or Spooky or any of the others. Jersey Jack catches the most flack because they're not Stern but at the same time the closest thing of a real possible contender. Stern will only change when pushed, and sorry but Spooky isn't going to get there. Chicago Gaming has a shoot because they learned a lot from Stern. Jersey Jack is the industry game changer, but at the same time they need to sell more games, and be more profitable.

Wrong JJP catches flack because the loyal followers of JJP act like their shit don't stink and trash other manufactures

#1180 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LAMO TH has drop target innovation lol and KISS has the ball crawl up the wall yet Stern has no innovation

The 11 drop targets in The Hobbit are independently controlled and are used in a ton of interesting ways throughout the games 30+ modes.

The KISS ball crawl feature is cool but is used so rarely which is the problem with nearly all Stern premium / LE features. Since Stern chooses to keep the rulesets nearly identical between pros and premiums / LE's it limits the use of extra features on the higher end models. The moving Slimer mech in Ghostbusters premium / LE is another example. It moves all over the playfield but are there rules to use it any differently then in the pro? No. Same goes for the mini playfield in ACDC premium / LE. It's used for a couple modes and contains very few rules.

JJP puts the extra time and effort into coding the hell out of their mechs. Stern often seems to do the bare minimum when it comes to creating code for their premium / LE mechs.

#1181 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The 11 drop targets in The Hobbit are independently controlled and are used in a ton of interesting ways throughout the games 30+ modes.
The KISS ball crawl feature is cool but is used so rarely which is the problem with nearly all Stern premium / LE features. Since Stern chooses to keep the rulesets nearly identical between pros and premiums / LE's it limits the use of extra features on the higher end models. The moving Slimer mech is Ghostbusters premium / LE is another example. It moves all over the playfield but are there rules to use it any differently then in the pro? No. Same goes for the mini playfield in ACDC premium / LE. It's used for a couple modes and contains very few rules.
JJP puts the extra time and effort into coding the hell out of their mechs, Stern often seems to do the bare minimum when it comes to creating code for their premium / LE mechs.

I know what makes the drops innovation that is the type of thing JJP should re-use if you look at the post I quoted re-using was talked about

#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Oh I guarantee the Wilder Wonka will be more popular, and I think it would be a mistake for them to do a DEPP wonka. That doesn't mean there aren't those of us out there that aren't depp/burton fans. The remake movie did very well.

#1183 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Things JJ should do to be more successful...

a) Create story modes to help people win the game. No ball limits you can keep playing just like a video game until you win the game. So clearly the game needs a pause function so you can save your game. Think about this from an operating standpoint as well... a person just like a normal game could keep putting in money to advance. Why start over? If you're in an arcade you could put 10 bucks in trying to advance. Then when it's time to roll you put in a code so you can pick up where you left off. This feature would be amazing for operators. Furthermore when you finally win it gives you all your totals, tells you how much playing time it took you, how many balls where needed, giving you all the stats. Why do it again... to win fast, less balls, higher score lots of reasons. Bottom line when you make code so damn deep no one could ever win its more like a video game and all video games allow you to continue in storymode and lets you pick up where you left off. This would be an easy feature to add.
b) WIFI/BLUETOOTH Make the makes wifi and bluetooth ready. Nothing worse than playing Metallica and you can't hear the audio. Make it so that someone could bluetooth their headphones into that game. Furthermore if you made the games wifi ready the game will tell you when it needs an update. I have no idea why no one has done this yet.
c) Create an online JJ LIVE: With the giant screens you should be able to create tournament modes, where players can find other players to play against across the world. They already do this with dart boards no reason you can't do this with pinball. You pay $40.00 a month you log in and find friends to play against... they see you you see them. You could even bring in 4 friends. Think about arcades as well people can play against other players this would create a lot of reasons for operators to buy the games.

A. in the past we had buy in's and forums of continue. but even with out that when you have an game that can take 30-45min to get to the end on 3 ball with a good player you need save / load (and that is more of an home thing)

b as long as os updates are not tied to game code updates.

c. ops may not want to pay $10/mo per game much less $40/mo or be forced to have an cell link. and remote leader broads on games that can be setup to very easy vs very hard can make the list kind of an joke.

#1184 5 years ago

We need a frozen pin. Let it go, let it go...

#1185 5 years ago

Great, now I have that stupid song stuck in my head

#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Great, now I have that stupid song stuck in my head

What can I say except you're welcome......

#1187 5 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

A. in the past we had buy in's and forums of continue. but even with out that when you have an game that can take 30-45min to get to the end on 3 ball with a good player you need save / load (and that is more of an home thing)
b as long as os updates are not tied to game code updates.
c. ops may not want to pay $10/mo per game much less $40/mo or be forced to have an cell link. and remote leader broads on games that can be setup to very easy vs very hard can make the list kind of an joke.

Why couldn't the connected machines share a configuration?
While we are at it - digital level sensors and servo adjusters on each leg.

#1188 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Why couldn't the connected machines share a configuration?
While we are at it - digital level sensors and servo adjusters on each leg.

and have games starting at $9K+

#1189 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Ok guys 10 days until TPF. Cant believe weve made it this far without any leaks at all! We had some details about DI and PoTC by this point in years past. Come on!

DI and POTC were revealed at Chicago expo, not TPF. And we have had a leak, its Yellow Brick Road WOZ.

JJP is not revealing their next new game at the show.

#1190 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

DI and POTC were revealed at Chicago expo, not TPF.

You are correct, it was Chicago. But the result was the same, we had a pretty good idea of what was coming in the days/weeks leading up to the reveal.

Quoted from Zavadoza:

JJP is not revealing their next new game at the show.

So with Eric Meunier, Jean-Paul de Win, and Jack himself being there, you don't think they intend on revealing anything? Looks like they only have 1 hour booked for their "Seminar" on Friday. I mean you might be right, usually we would have some details by now. Who knows.

#1191 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Wrong JJP catches flack because the loyal followers of JJP act like their shit don't stink and trash other manufactures

That is totally ridiculous comment. I own Stern games, Chicago Gaming and Jersey Jack. I doubt there are many people who own just Jersey Jack. Stern has issues, I bought a brand new Munster LE, the shooter isn't centered after spending 9k but the real issue is the playfield has fallen into the cabinet like 8 times, we had to take it totally out and fix it.

I will say however outside of Munsters I've never had a problem with a Stern game. I trust them 110%. On the other hand I like Jersey Jack's better because of the theming, innovation, bigger screens, etc. If I was strictly a tournament player I'd go for Sterns, if I was a home collector my first choice would be a game based on the theme you like or something that looks like a collector game: Jersey Jack.

I think collector games are also hard to find games like CV, TZ, TOTAN, etc.

But Jersey Jack games in my opinion are instant collector games which is why I like them. I can freely admit right now I don't play my Wizard of Oz anymore, but I still wouldn't sell it . I play my Batman 66 every chance I get. Two different games two different approaches.

You can like all games for different reasons. The only company I won't buy a game from is Spooky because I think their games do not look good. But all the other companies American Pinball Houdini looks great, Big Lebowski, Aliens love them all which I could get them.

I would probably trade my WOZ for an Aliens or Big Lebowski its not about company its about the game itself.

#1192 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

So with Eric Meunier, Jean-Paul de Win, and Jack himself being there, you don't think they intend on revealing anything?

Hard to get them all in one place at the same time. Different states and a different country. Might have different schedules back home too. Maybe they will just have a private JJP meeting during the show ?

LTG : )

#1193 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

That is totally ridiculous comment. I own Stern games, Chicago Gaming and Jersey Jack. I doubt there are many people who own just Jersey Jack. Stern has issues, I bought a brand new Munster LE, the shooter isn't centered after spending 9k but the real issue is the playfield has fallen into the cabinet like 8 times, we had to take it totally out and fix it.
I will say however outside of Munsters I've never had a problem with a Stern game. I trust them 110%. On the other hand I like Jersey Jack's better because of the theming, innovation, bigger screens, etc. If I was strictly a tournament player I'd go for Sterns, if I was a home collector my first choice would be a game based on the theme you like or something that looks like a collector game: Jersey Jack.
I think collector games are also hard to find games like CV, TZ, TOTAN, etc.
But Jersey Jack games in my opinion are instant collector games which is why I like them. I can freely admit right now I don't play my Wizard of Oz anymore, but I still wouldn't sell it . I play my Batman 66 every chance I get. Two different games two different approaches.
You can like all games for different reasons. The only company I won't buy a game from is Spooky because I think their games do not look good. But all the other companies American Pinball Houdini looks great, Big Lebowski, Aliens love them all which I could get them.
I would probably trade my WOZ for an Aliens or Big Lebowski its not about company its about the game itself.

I see the innovation in WOZ but do not see it in other JJP titles what are the innovations in POTC

#1194 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I see the innovation in WOZ but do not see it in other JJP titles what are the innovations in POTC

Not listing them for you as regardless of what I say you will hate JJP lol.

#1195 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Lets start with WOZ... that changed the entire industry. No game before it had full blown TV's in them, complete movie clips, two upper playfields, amazing artwork, complete LED and the list goes on and on... what other game created back in 2013 is still being made today due to demand for it? None! This single game created the whole LE market.

Dialed In: First game with an ap, camera's which take your picture, connection on the front to plug in headphones straight from the factory. Forget about the amazing graphics they created, no one has ever done that before. With Dialed In they didn't use movie clips they created all that stuff from scratch.

Hobbit was the first game ever to feature a SCREEN under the glass so you had a screen above and below the glass. The integration of graphics and movie clips was on a level never before seen.

Pirates all original shots, first ever moving upper playfield, video cameras, never before has someone used a screen to give you directions for the game, prior and still its just a paper card.

Lets not forget all the amazing code out of the box... I love my Batman 66 but it took years to get the code with JJ its out of the box.

#1196 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

You are correct, it was Chicago. But the result was the same, we had a pretty good idea of what was coming in the days/weeks leading up to the reveal.

So with Eric Meunier, Jean-Paul de Win, and Jack himself being there, you don't think they intend on revealing anything? Looks like they only have 1 hour booked for their "Seminar" on Friday. I mean you might be right, usually we would have some details by now. Who knows.

I'm glad they are waiting to reveal their next game until it is ready. It was painful waiting a year for POTC and I felt bad for JJP and heavy losses the delay hit them with.

Pirates production is stopping this month. WOZ is on the line next. If we see anything from JJP at TPF, it will be the new Yellow Brick Road WOZ. Jack has said several times recently that they are not showing a new game until they are ready to produce them and my best guess right now is June, give or take.

#1197 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Pirates all original shots, first ever moving upper playfield,

Actually the first game with a moving upper playfield was IJ. JJPoTC has both a moving and flippable upper playfield. That is new and innovative.

#1198 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

LOL. We love you still, Panzer, but while LACK of drop targets might be a reason to avoid a machine (Munsters), having a bunch of drop targets are not the reason to buy a machine.

#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from WillSmuz8999:

Actually the first game with a moving upper playfield was IJ. JJPoTC has both a moving and flippable upper playfield. That is new and innovative.

I think Gottlieb had the first “moving” playfield, but it just flipped a mini playfield over to reveal a second, different side, similar to BOP, except only 2 sides, not 4, like Bride’s head, which was all before WIJ POA, which innovated the moving by making it be controled by the player flipper buttons while a ball was on it. At least thats my foggy memory on moving playfields.

#1200 5 years ago

What JJP really needs is a second shift of workers. Keep that production line humming 16 hours a day (maybe one with new games and one with older titles - I think I read they have 2 production lines?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
12,500 (OBO)
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
10,000 (Firm)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/24?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.