210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 34.
#1101 5 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Wilder or bust. Enough JJP Depp pins!

No insider information but I would be equally shocked and disappointed if it wasn’t Gene Wilder version. The original w him is an iconic film. Bring it on I’m so ready!

#1102 5 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

No insider information but I would be equally shocked and disappointed if it wasn’t Gene Wilder version. The original w him is an iconic film. Bring it on I’m so ready!

It is 100% Gene Wilder! Trust me on that.

#1103 5 years ago

Yeah a Depp WW would be an epic fail.

It isn’t really Willy Wonka without Gene Wilder.

Besides, it would be ironic to follow a Depp-less POTC with Depp in WW.

#1104 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I find it funny you think that as if that's what you get from a classic funny pic like that it makes me think you may ride the short bus

Marbles in your mouth.....can't even read through your run on sentences of non sense. Time for you to bail out of this. It's embarrassing.

#1105 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is an awesome pinball theme for sure.

DCFAN I was obsessed with the movie as a kid!

#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Not all upcoming titles will appeal to everyone, but at least one theme should appeal to most. With Matrix thrown into the mix, JJP has upped their cache’. With enough themes offered, I may one day own 5 JJP’s.
WOZ - yes
Hobbit - yes
Dialed In - no
POTC - yes
Wonka - yes
GNR - no
Toy Story - no
Matrix - yes

Haven't heard anything about Muppets on JJPs schedule for a LONG time. Wonder if they dropped it.

#1107 5 years ago

Even though we would love the Depp version, I agree the pinball should be the Wilder version for mass appeal.

#1108 5 years ago

the original everlasting gobstopper would be a great mod! only 100k.

21CBDC82-9871-47CB-9AEA-EB6E176DDA54 (resized).png21CBDC82-9871-47CB-9AEA-EB6E176DDA54 (resized).png442F6399-476C-4AE4-B5FE-5C7EB97F6504 (resized).png442F6399-476C-4AE4-B5FE-5C7EB97F6504 (resized).png45389C4A-9062-4868-8D06-3C3E1EBC4EA6 (resized).png45389C4A-9062-4868-8D06-3C3E1EBC4EA6 (resized).png820DAA13-8C69-47E2-9229-391A6D1A4850 (resized).png820DAA13-8C69-47E2-9229-391A6D1A4850 (resized).png
#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Nice to get back to a happy vibe, in a thread with too many insults, arguments and soapboxes. No wonder your refreshing comment has so many upvotes.

It's due to her being an attractive female,the dweebs are thirsty

#1110 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Even though we would love the Depp version, I agree the pinball should be the Wilder version for mass appeal.

who's we?

How could anyone with an ounce of taste want the Depp version over the original

maybe 20 year olds?

#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

who's we?
maybe 20 year olds?

We being my family? As for our personal taste or opinion, just because you disagree with it doesn’t mean you should be an ass and insult anyone who doesn’t like what you like.

#1112 5 years ago

Whatever version don’t want it !
Come on jack grow a pair !

#1113 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Whatever version don’t want it !
Come on jack grow a pair !

A pair of Wonkas? We don't need BOTH versions! Just the Wilder version will be fine...

#1114 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

We being my family? As for our personal taste or opinion, just because you disagree with it doesn’t mean you should be an ass and insult anyone who doesn’t like what you like.

Pay no attention to him Mr Burton by the way I really liked Planet of the Apes keep up the good work

#1115 5 years ago

#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Pay no attention to him Mr Burton by the way I really liked Planet of the Apes keep up the good work

#1117 5 years ago

Just being silly the beers made me do it

#1118 5 years ago

Please... Gene Wilder version or don't do it at all... we already have Johhny Depp Pirates...

#1119 5 years ago

Ok guys.... 2 weeks out. Still no leaks?

#1120 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Please... Gene Wilder version or don't do it at all... we already have Johhny Depp Pirates...

OK can we please stop with the false hysteria of depp version being a possibility which it clearly will not be. Female Ghostbusters all over again.

#1121 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

who's we?
maybe 20 year olds?

How could anyone want any version ?
Strange movie , Gene Wilders mug in my game room ? No Thanks
GNR, LED Zeppelin, 3 stooges anything ?

#1122 5 years ago

Sorry TheLaw missed that part I don’t live on these threads, so we know for sure jjp is making this pin?

#1123 5 years ago

It's Gene not Johnny!

#1124 5 years ago

Sorry thelaw missed that part I don’t live on these threads, so we know for sure jjp is making this pin?

Pretty sure but nothing official from JJP

#1125 5 years ago

Sorry thelaw missed that part I don’t live on these threads, so we know for sure jjp is making this pin?

There's no official announcement but the whole thing is just common sense; no one gives a shit aboot the Tim Burton version...not enough people with $$$ anyway.

EDIT: Other than that guy and his family above.

#1126 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There's no official announcement but the whole thing is just common sense; no one gives a shit aboot the Tim Burton version...not enough people with $$$ anyway.
EDIT: Other than that guy and his family above.

#1127 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

How could anyone want any version ?
Strange movie , Gene Wilders mug in my game room ? No Thanks
GNR, LED Zeppelin, 3 stooges anything ?

Gene Wilder's mug is an issue but the Stooges' ugly mugs aren't? And yet more old rock band pins, one of which is a retread? The 3 Stooges appeal is for white guys over 50. Same with GNR and Led Zepplin. And if Zepplin loses their trial for ripping off the melody for Stairway to Heaven, I would think that dings the brand a bit. At least Willy Wonka has a potential broader appeal with women, children and very short people of color.

#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't think any theme will sell much more than 2000 units at $10k or more.

I think jjp will make a pin for a round 7000 to compete with Stern . Maybe lose the big screen and have a smaller LCD similar to monster bash remake , strip back some Playfield toys but still have a deep code jjp are known for.

#1129 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think jjp will make a pin for a round 7000 to compete with Stern . Maybe lose the big screen and have a smaller LCD similar to monster bash remake , strip back some Playfield toys but still have a deep code jjp are known for.

I don't think it will happen but it would be the best thing JJP could do a three way race Stern CGC JJP now that would help the buyer

#1130 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The screen size isn't really a big cost from what I understand.

#1131 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I don't think it will happen but it would be the best thing JJP could do a three way race Stern CGC JJP now that would help the buyer

I love the fact jjp makes a pin with all the bells and whistles , but it would make sense to have a machine at every price point . All the bits add up including the screens . Jjp make a premium product but I think that they also want to compete at a lower price level . If that's true they would want to do it sooner rather than later . People in the know have said the next title will have some surprises if Wonka is the next release it could be the first you see with a different look .

#1132 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The screen size isn't really a big cost from what I understand.

There's also the cost of developing high quality animations for a larger screen and integrating the animations with code, music, etc.

#1133 5 years ago

I can see JJP being very successful with a $7k pin that while scaled back in terms of features / toys of their games today would still offer the same deep unique code we are used to from JJP.

Long term I don't think JJP can survive on only making $9k+ pins. It sounds like JJP hasn't turned a profit yet based on rumors posted here and while their primary investor is a billionaire at some point he's going to want to see JJP turn a profit. Sounds like that time may be now with Wonka and future JJP pins being scaled back a bit to offer them at lower price point?

If what said above is true it makes perfect sense why Pirates production is stopping for good. The game may simply be too expensive for JJP to build and as a result it doesn't make any financial sense to renew the license.

#1134 5 years ago

JJP needs to get their manufacturing out of NJ and into a state with cheaper labor, taxes and real estate costs. Even if they do not lower their prices, it would help make them more financially viable. Assembly-only light manufacturing like this is pretty easy to move, relatively speaking. I don't imagine they have a lot of custom fit-out in their building after seeing video of their tours.

#1135 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

JJP needs to get their manufacturing out of NJ and into a state with cheaper labor, taxes and real estate costs. Even if they do not lower their prices, it would help make them more financially viable. Assembly-only light manufacturing like this is pretty easy to move, relatively speaking. I don't imagine they have a lot of custom fit-out in their building after seeing video of their tours.

Mexico? If They do then others will point to that say JJP is unamerican

#1136 5 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Nah, you can go as close as PA, the south or even the midwest and save quite a bit on labor, taxes, etc. It is no coincidence that many of the major auto manufacturers have moved to the southern states over the high COL states in the upper mid west.

#1137 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Nah, you can go as close as PA, the south or even the midwest and save quite a bit on labor, taxes, etc. It is no coincidence that many of the major auto manufacturers have moved to the southern states over the high COL states in the upper mid west.

Moving your operations from the American north to the American south is just pit stop on the way to Mexico. It’s corporate greed at its finest. Of course,pin manufacturers already pay a slave wage so it wouldn’t make much difference anyway. I remember when someone posted a job posting for JJP. It was for something like $9.50/hr. for the tedious job of putting a pinball machine together. If JJP isn’t profitable on those wages, it probably doesn’t deserve to exist anyway.

#1138 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Moving your operations from the American north to the American south is just pit stop on the way to Mexico. It’s corporate greed at its finest. Of course,pin manufacturers already pay a slave wage so it wouldn’t make much difference anyway. I remember when someone posted a job posting for JJP. It was for something like $9.50/hr. for the tedious job of putting a pinball machine together. If JJP isn’t profitable on those wages, it probably doesn’t deserve to exist anyway.

Was that JJP's hiring, or a temp firm hiring temp workers for assembly like work? That sounds a lot like temporary unskilled labor wages in these parts.

#1139 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Don't mind paying the premium myself.

lol (resized).jpglol (resized).jpg
#1140 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Was that JJP's hiring, or a temp firm hiring temp workers for assembly like work? That sounds a lot like temporary unskilled labor wages in these parts.

Honestly don’t know. It was also several years ago. I failed to mention that.

#1141 5 years ago

Considering it's "JERSEY Jack", I doubt if leaving the state is even a possibility.

#1142 5 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Far, far worse. UnJersian...!

#1143 5 years ago

Sorry, i was just away a few months on another planet... is WW game confirmed as the next JJP?
Thanks

#1144 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry, i was just away a few months on another planet... is WW game confirmed as the next JJP?
Thanks

Unofficially.... were just bickering over when.

#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Thanks bud.
So i would wait for next one if i could be Toy Story or GNR.
Anyway, wish the best for JJP

#1146 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

What is there suggesting this is the next game? For those of us who haven’t been reading every post.

#1147 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Long term I don't think JJP can survive on only making $9k+ pins.

I have said this several time yet Panzer you always give a list of reasons that I am wrong lol

#1148 5 years ago

Things JJ should do to be more successful...

1) Bring their cost per machine down so they can offer their dealers more margin to sell their games. Their biggest problem is dealers don't want to sell their game, when you can make $1300 off a PRO and a lot less off a JJ machine costing almost twice as much that is a problem. Sell two Stern pros for essentially the same price as one Dialed In... that is a problem.

2) Streamline the process to create games: They need a balance between what they've done in the past and what they do in the future. In other words if you make every game so unique that you spend a ton of time figuring out how to manufacture those parts you'll never get the machine moving. Look at stern there is almost nothing ever new ... they pull from a well more than likely. Stern probably has an in house program like a google sketch up whereby "HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN USE' to design this game. JJ on the other hand is making every game totally unique which is awesome but if it keeps you from getting games to market, or jacks up the price then you should consider simplifying how unique you make each game.

3) Keep innovating: You hear about all these things deep root may or may not do, and stern does absolutely zero innovating, so why not keep pushing the envelope and let those things be a reason to buy a JJ. Here are some ideas for JJ:

a) Create story modes to help people win the game. No ball limits you can keep playing just like a video game until you win the game. So clearly the game needs a pause function so you can save your game. Think about this from an operating standpoint as well... a person just like a normal game could keep putting in money to advance. Why start over? If you're in an arcade you could put 10 bucks in trying to advance. Then when it's time to roll you put in a code so you can pick up where you left off. This feature would be amazing for operators. Furthermore when you finally win it gives you all your totals, tells you how much playing time it took you, how many balls where needed, giving you all the stats. Why do it again... to win fast, less balls, higher score lots of reasons. Bottom line when you make code so damn deep no one could ever win its more like a video game and all video games allow you to continue in storymode and lets you pick up where you left off. This would be an easy feature to add.

b) WIFI/BLUETOOTH Make the makes wifi and bluetooth ready. Nothing worse than playing Metallica and you can't hear the audio. Make it so that someone could bluetooth their headphones into that game. Furthermore if you made the games wifi ready the game will tell you when it needs an update. I have no idea why no one has done this yet.

c) Create an online JJ LIVE: With the giant screens you should be able to create tournament modes, where players can find other players to play against across the world. They already do this with dart boards no reason you can't do this with pinball. You pay $40.00 a month you log in and find friends to play against... they see you you see them. You could even bring in 4 friends. Think about arcades as well people can play against other players this would create a lot of reasons for operators to buy the games.

Their are many things they could do like move out of New Jersey, to only license games that haven't already been recently done (HOBBIT to LOTR or PIRATES to PIRATES) or make sure you secure all video assets. A big knock on POTC is that the movies are comedies really... not being able to show clips is like doing a Queen game without their music. You could list a 1000 things any pinball company could or shouldn't do ... but here is the reality.

Jersey Jack in my opinion is the best manufacturer of pinball games because they're trying to be different, push the envelope, do new things and think outside the box. They're experiencing learning curves along the way. Stern is making all the money, clearly they have a formula and they're sticking to it why not it works. I think JJ needs to adopt a mix of Sterns formula with their own so they can streamline this entire process.

The pinball community needs Jersey Jack more than they need Deep Root or Spooky or any of the others. Jersey Jack catches the most flack because they're not Stern but at the same time the closest thing of a real possible contender. Stern will only change when pushed, and sorry but Spooky isn't going to get there. Chicago Gaming has a shoot because they learned a lot from Stern. Jersey Jack is the industry game changer, but at the same time they need to sell more games, and be more profitable.

I think Willy Wonka is a home run game for them, as is Guns and Roses and I'm not sold on Toy Story because the people spending 10k for a game aren't really fans of Toy Story. I'd much rather then dump that theme and go with Matrix or even something classic like Animal House or Caddyshack.

Either way I have no doubt that Willy Wonka is going to be incredible and the industry should pull together and support these guys. Despite all their missteps, they keep pushing the concept of being different, more unique and the most creative. Why podcasts like Kaneda keep beating up on these guys is beyond me... he keeps saying its because he wants to push them to great, personally I think its push them out the door. He's got a very SERIOUS obsession with Jersey Jack that has gone over the deep end.

Jersey Jack are without any question the best collector games ever created and I hope Willy Wonka is a huge success!!

#1149 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Jersey Jack are without any question the best collector games ever created and I hope Willy Wonka is a huge success!!

Certainly of the modern era...no question about it. All time has to go to W/B though. They just never realized it.

#1150 5 years ago

Jersey Jack seems to do really well working with Warner Brothers... out of these titles what would you like to see them do? They have a great relationship with Warner no reason not to keep working with them.

The Conjuring
Dumb and Dumber
Friday the 13th
Mortal Kombat
Scooby Doo
DC Universe
Batman Arkham
Harry Potter
The Matrix
Lego
Blade Runner
Mad Max
Exorcist
Gremlins
Hangover
Caddyshack
Beetlejuice
National Lampoon Vacation Series
Seinfield
Big Bang Theory
Get Smart
Sherlock Holmes
Clash of the Titans
Ready Player One

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
9,600 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 32.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/23?hl=welovescott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.