210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 34.
#901 5 years ago

I've been debating waiting for Wonka or Toy Story over buying a Pirates. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on a Pirates LE next week. I'm not sure how Wonka or Toy Story will turn out, what the ruleset design will be, etc. Pirates has already established itself as a top pin with a ton of shots, great toys / features, incredibly deep code and its story based ruleset design is something I favor.

Now to just tell the Mrs how much it costs! Lol.

#902 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've been debating waiting for Wonka or Toy Story over buying a Pirates. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on a Pirates LE next week. I'm not sure how Wonka or Toy Story will turn out, what the ruleset design will be, etc. Pirates has already established itself as a top pin with a ton of shots, great toys / features, incredibly deep code and its story based ruleset design is something I favor.
Now to just tell the Mrs how much it costs! Lol.

Think I'm holding out to see what pat has done on Wonka and toy s. Dile is so well done so i really wanna see what else he has done for jjp

#903 5 years ago

I truly hope WiWo is like DI but with a pucka theme, it has every chance of being so...

The most fascinating thing for me will be which way they take the code as every JJP game has been different. Personally I hope it's more akin to WOZ with sections to complete that lead to a final mode and then a wizard mode. Can't wait

#904 5 years ago

I picked up this one sheet today...it’s begging for a JJp beside it

3384B411-C11D-4B9C-9425-01139E3BE8AB (resized).jpeg3384B411-C11D-4B9C-9425-01139E3BE8AB (resized).jpeg
#906 5 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

I picked up this one sheet today...it’s begging for a JJp beside it

wicked man,love it
They also sell golden ticket replicas on ebay

#907 5 years ago

I think wonka can be something truly special. Might cause me to sell one of my pins if so. No interest at all in toy story.

#908 5 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I approve of it, too, but not sure my wallet will.

I approve as well!!! Bring on GNRNIYLTLE

#909 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

I approve as well!!! Bring on GNRNIYLTLE

JJP should offer an Axl and a Slash edition with special touches on each to set them apart.

#910 5 years ago

I think a year with Wonka and GNR would be amazing for JJP as it seems like people who don't like Wonka are going to be more likely to gravitate towards a GNR theme. Plus, GNR fills a niche in for JJP theme-wise that they aren't hitting yet. Wonka and Toy Story seems somewhat redundant for the same year (though I like both themes better than GNR personally).

#911 5 years ago

I don’t understand the appeal of another GNR but think both WW and TS would be hits for JJP. I’m interested in WW (but likely not enough to own one), but really hoping TS will be the first JJP to stick in my collection.

#912 5 years ago

Sorry wrong thread! Mods delete.

#913 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t understand the appeal of another GNR but think both WW and TS would be hits for JJP. I’m interested in WW (but likely not enough to own one), but really hoping TS will be the first JJP to stick in my collection.

they made two rolling stones machines and four? star wars machines. i dont get the appeal of GNR today, but at the same time look at what the data east are selling for these days.

#914 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

they made two rolling stones machines and four? star wars machines. i dont get the appeal of GNR today, but at the same time look at what the data east are selling for these days.

5 Star Wars. There was the Hankin Empire Strikes Back one.

#915 5 years ago

Six. Sonic did one as well

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#916 5 years ago

Well, I was at the JJP factory today...

#917 5 years ago

Annnnnnd ...... give us a crumb or two

#918 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Well, I was at the JJP factory today...

Annnnnnnddddd?

#919 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think wonka can be something truly special. Might cause me to sell one of my pins if so. ....

OMG you !?!?!

#920 5 years ago

For the guys not understanding the appeal of another GnR game.... Here's the answer. Jjp is brilliant for doing it.

GnR fans are definitely not young people which is good bc young people have no money. People who love GnR are old enough to have something called disposable income OR they don't care and spend whatever income they have which is enough to buy a pinball machine. Combine diehard fans+ an expensive game + money to actually spend = win.

Here's another win for jjp

Willy Wonka + GnR = best jjp year ever.

Excited to see them succeed bc they offer the most for your money period.

#921 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the guys not understanding the appeal of another GnR game.... Here's the answer. Jjp is brilliant for doing it.
GnR fans are definitely not young people which is good bc young people have no money. People who love GnR are old enough to have something called disposable income OR they don't care and spend whatever income they have which is enough to buy a pinball machine. Combine diehard fans+ an expensive game + money to actually spend = win.

What he said

#922 5 years ago

Yup what he said!

#923 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Annnnnnnddddd?

They wouldn't divulge anything.

#924 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This is pretty true. I don’t think a new GnR would do well on location but JJP isn’t banking on that and know their crowd will be into this. The older GnR fans have the disposable income and don’t care that the band has used the n word, f word, and other hate words in their lyrics. Obviously I know that song won’t be in the game but for a family company I’m still a little surprised they’d do this band. I know the Hobbit is pg13 but it feels like a soft pg13 to me.

#925 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Too bad Dr.Frightner could not find a place for a Hobbit in his top 10 list. Must be a 'theme' thing; not scary huh?
I like my THBA every bit as much as my POTC LE and my WOZRR. It is a really great game with great call outs and with all of the IP that is has, it is just plain fun, especially with the new code. It is a keeper for me but then, so are my other JJP's. Can't wait for what's next.

I have to agree. I have WOZRR, POTCLE and THSE from JJP and The Hobbit is always the game I want to play... even with a brand new POTC sitting there. I normally alternate between a JJP game and then take a break playing something like Metallica that is a little less of a journey.

Looking forward to seeing what JJP can do with WW, but would like to see a GnR even more.

Maybe I get into Hobbit though because it's fits really nice into this space...

20180720_165623 (resized).jpg20180720_165623 (resized).jpg
#926 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Maybe I get into Hobbit though because it's fits really nice into this space...

Dude you even have the 'nutsack chin' guy

#927 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

The Hobbit is always the game I want to play.

With the shrine you have there, that's not at all difficult to believe.

#928 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That's funny !

If I could give a pair of upvotes for that one I would.

#929 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking it will be a HUGE hit for JJP.

*if it plays well

#930 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Lol!!! I like that. That one is a custom piece I had commissioned. Hopefully no one gets upset about talking Hobbit in a WW thread.

I'm big into mixing sculptures with pinball. I've got a cool life-size Venom and Spiderman to go with Spiderman VE.

Life-size Davy Jones bust for POTC too.

#931 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You must be joking of all band games done in the last 20 yr they are the least popular and I would not call any band game brilliant but then I bet you think every JJP game is the GOAT

#932 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

*if it plays well

I'm giving Lawlor the benefit of the doubt

I guess he could deliver a crapper but I doubt it.

#933 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

They wouldn't divulge anything.

Good thing you posted more useless bullshit. Thanks for that.

#934 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm giving Lawlor the benefit of the doubt
I guess he could deliver a crapper but I doubt it.

i am in but i really hope this one isnt average cookie cutter and it is special like TZ!

#935 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am in but i really hope this one isnt average cookie cutter and it is special like TZ!

Me too, Lawlor and JJP are a great match since he's given free creative reign.

The nice thing this time is that JJP should start shipping these pins shortly after announcing them.

Pat doesn't mess around. POTC done next month so its time to crank up the Wonka line!

#936 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Me too, Lawlor and JJP are a great match since he's given free creative reign.
The nice thing this time is that JJP should start shipping these pins shortly after announcing them.
Pat doesn't mess around. POTC done next month so its time to crank up the Wonka line!

Hey Iceman, noticed in the JJP Pirates thread you said you are going for a POTC. What ended up swaying you? Considering an LE purchase this week myself.

#937 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Good thing you posted more useless bullshit. Thanks for that.

Aren't you a peach.

#938 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hey Iceman, noticed in the JJP Pirates thread you said you are going for a POTC. What ended up swaying you? Considering an LE purchase this week myself.

I watched that last stream with JD and all the feedback has been great aside from the various tweaking issues

And this is the end of the line on Potc for good

#939 5 years ago

When will Toy Story hit?

#940 5 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

When will Toy Story hit?

#941 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You must be joking of all band games done in the last 20 yr they are the least popular and I would not call any band game brilliant but then I bet you think every JJP game is the GOAT

What a great bet....I do believe every jjp game is GOAT. I should change my previous brilliant post from GnR to JY64 bc you really are the star. Wish I could be as witty as a 10 year old and made a good bet like you. Maybe one day.

#942 5 years ago

Wonka and GnR both this year, are (IMO) the best 1-2 punch of machines coming this year. It guarantees JJP will get some of my money, for sure.

Not sure why so many folks undersell the appeal of a new GnR pin. The original is pretty well loved by the pin population, a JJP treatment of it could be a whole other level of great.

#943 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Aren't you a peach.

You seriously posted " HEY, I WAS AT THE JPP FACTORY TODAY!!"

Several posts later, " they wouldn't divulge anything"

I'm no peach but I'm no troll either.

#944 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Hopefully no one gets upset about talking Hobbit in a WW thread.

Not me , I can't get enough of the Hobbit

#945 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

What pat L pin is cookie cutter? All his are fairly different .....

#946 5 years ago

JJP has milked the hell out of WOZ, because it sells. There's no way JJPOTC is a GOAT game if they are pulling the plug in March. I think it's obviously an OK game so far. Owners seem to love it. Never making JJPOTC again makes no sense and is just manufactured hype to get some more sales in on a machine with lack luster sales figures to date. If there is still demand 6 months from now, you can bet they will do another batch. So if you like the game, buy it. But don't buy it on emotion because you think they will be disappearing for good already.

#947 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

There's already a GnR game and it's great so why do another. Then again I don't understand remaking the Willy wonka movie(other than money). Those millions of computer generated OompaLumpas are rubbish. If it must be a music pin then perhaps Led Zep or Pink Floyd. Or Xgames or UFC. Or an original theme.

#948 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

JJP has milked the hell out of WOZ, because it sells. There's no way JJPOTC is a GOAT game if they are pulling the plug in March. I think it's obviously an OK game so far. Owners seem to love it. Never making JJPOTC again makes no sense and is just manufactured hype to get some more sales in on a machine with lack luster sales figures to date. If there is still demand 6 months from now, you can bet they will do another batch. So if you like the game, buy it. But don't buy it on emotion because you think they will be disappearing for good already.

Only JJP knows for sure, but what if there’s a time limit on the license? They did lose quite a bit of time last year while the game stabilized.

#949 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

If there is still demand 6 months from now, you can bet they will do another batch. So if you like the game, buy it. But don't buy it on emotion because you think they will be disappearing for good already.

The license is DONE in March. That's it. Jack pulled the plug versus re upping for another expensive 5 years.

As good as POTC may be, JJP simply has to move on and blow out Wonka, GNR and TS. Monster 2 years coming up for JJP imo

#950 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

You seriously posted " HEY, I WAS AT THE JPP FACTORY TODAY!!"
Several posts later, " they wouldn't divulge anything"
I'm no peach but I'm no troll either.

Lighten up Francis.

And maybe look up the definition of troll when you have time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 32.99
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/19?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.