210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 34.
#851 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

there is an updated tortuga hole bracket

Where did you hear about this? Where can we get it from?

#852 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking it will be a HUGE hit for JJP.

I think DI and POTC were not hits because of price not because of theme or toys it is that there are a limited number of buyers at $9500. without a cut in price JJP will never see a game hit 3500 or more in sales again. For those of you who are going to bring up the $8500 model look at the pinside owners JJP collectors do not want the $8500 model

#853 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I think DI and POTC were not hits because of price not because of theme or toys it is that there are a limited number of buyers at $9500. without a cut in price JJP will never see a game hit 3500 or more in sales again. For those of you who are going to bring up the $8500 model look at the pinside owners JJP collectors do not want the $8500 model

I would disagree that POTC wasn't a hit. I think it's a huge hit. But, I guess that depends how you define hit. To me, the fact that JJP hasn't been able to keep up with POTC demand taking 4+ weeks to fulfill orders since they started shipping them, makes it a hit.

#854 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Have you seen Aliens pinball? Only like 200 made, company and IP long gone. Yet people create boards, all sorts of crazy stuff just to support the pin. Even if JJP goes under tomorrow, the pin community would be here.

How easy is it to bypass the Software protection dongle? With out JJP?

#855 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I would disagree that POTC wasn't a hit. I think it's a huge hit. But, I guess that depends how you define hit. To me, the fact that JJP hasn't been able to keep up with POTC demand taking 4+ weeks to fulfill orders since they started shipping them, makes it a hit.

If Jack truly does stop production, this game is def not a hit and that's coming from someone that loves it. You don't stop making a hit and shifting focus elsewhere unless it's not making money. Very simple.

I do think that if production does stop, which is WAY early for this game, it will be a sleeper hit with a wild secondary market.

#856 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If Jack truly does stop production, this game is def not a hit and that's coming from someone that loves it. You don't stop making a hit and shifting focus elsewhere unless it's not making money. Very simple.
I do think that if production does stop, which is WAY early for this game, it will be a sleeper hit with a wild secondary market.

I disagree. Do you take the other pins you have that you want to release and just sit on them so you can continue making POTC for how long exactly?

#857 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

For those of you who are going to bring up the $8500 model look at the pinside owners JJP collectors do not want the $8500 model

I agree. This is mostly because the value is there for the LE model at 1k more.
Invisiglass
shaker
topper
molded toys
starfield
powdercoat (who cares, but still)

I'll admit its close on value, but if you're already dropping 8500, what's another 1k to get all the above? Heck, most here are going to drop another $500 on mods anyway. LOL

#858 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Do you take the other pins you have that you want to release and just sit on them so you can continue making POTC for how long exactly?

If I were Jersey Jack, I think I'd be making Pirates as long as I could sell them for. The development and initial tooling costs must add up to a fair whack, and I'd guess the idea is that you then enter 'cash cow' phase of product lifespan and shift as many as you can. How many lines does JJ have running? Could they continue to produce Pirates while beginning to stockpile their next game at the same time? I understand WOZ is re-entering production also. Sounds like a logistical 'challenge'.

All just guesswork and MHO, of course. I don't know how to run a pinball factory, clearly!

#859 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

If I were Jersey Jack, I think I'd be making Pirates as long as I could sell them for. The development and initial tooling costs must add up to a fair whack, and I'd guess the idea is that you then enter 'cash cow' phase of product lifespan and shift as many as you can. How many lines does JJ have running? Could they continue to produce Pirates while beginning to stockpile their next game at the same time? I understand WOZ is re-entering production also. Sounds like a logistical 'challenge'.
All just guesswork and MHO, of course. I don't know how to run a pinball factory, clearly!

I think people are making the assumption that they'll never make POTC again. I feel this is really where the disagreement is. If you assume that JJP will continue to make POTC's on their 2nd line or in future "batches", then the decision makes a lot of sense.

#860 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I think people are making the assumption

Quoted from f3honda4me:

I would disagree that POTC wasn't a hit.

I agree you are making a assumption on POTC being a hit

#861 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You don't stop making a hit and shifting focus elsewhere unless

It looks like they want to step things up to two new games a year. They have the main assembly line and the small one they made more WOZ's on.

Now if you keep that main line going all year long. Instead of stop and go like happened with the delays for Hobbit, Dialed in, and Pirates. You keep your trained employees and not lose them and have to retrain new ones.

Quality goes up. Production goes up. No long delays between games. And they have in the past made more WOZ's and Hobbits. So any current or future title could be run again, if they want. And that would be easier with a trained assembly staff that is always available.

That is what it looks like to me, and strictly my opinion. I can't look out the door of my office in NJ and see what is happening.

Or you keep making Pirates, delay the next game until fall, or later. And maybe another new title in 2020 ?

At some point you bite the bullet if you want to gear up for the future. Pirates may be a temporary or permanent victim of that. Only time will tell.

Jersey Jack Pinball definitely wants to make more, and better games. And will continue to do so.

LTG : )

#862 5 years ago

Curious though with a license like POTC w/Disney that there is likely a limitation. It's not like jjp owns the brand so I would assume they want to build as many as people before that timer runs out.

#863 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I agree you are making a assumption on POTC being a hit

So, not being able to keep up with orders since they began shipping for 6 months is not a hit? Again, comes down to your definition of what you consider a "hit". I guess you and I just have different definitions.

#864 5 years ago

POTC is JJP’s best game to date. Sorry to hear about the planned switchover in April. This demonstrates one force that cannot be tamed —> MARKET PENETRATION. That’s right, JJP reached their most eager target market - primarily made of past customers and those who have followed its progress over the past few years. There was an initial demand and JJP created the supply to meet it. Allow some time to pass and for more to play the game. POTC demand should continue to build until JJP hears the noise and decides to renew the license and make more. With only a few hundred reviews in ... it is currently JJP’s best game. There is a reason CGC is remaking the top 3 games. JJP owns the games design and rights to #4 and all the hard work is done. They will be able to build and sell pirates for many years to come.

Really this is no different than Stern running a game in multiple batches over many years. They could crank out 3000 Munsters at one go, but 2000 games would sit around for awhile. Instead they make 1000 and then put the brakes on. Later they run a batch of 500 and wait, and if demand is there they run another 500. They understand the market has to breathe. Hopefully this reality works out for JJP too.

AB5D1798-BD67-40FF-A31A-A8BC2CEAE8DC (resized).jpegAB5D1798-BD67-40FF-A31A-A8BC2CEAE8DC (resized).jpeg

#865 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Now if you keep that main line going all year long. Instead of stop and go like happened with the delays for Hobbit, Dialed in, and Pirates. You keep your trained employees and not lose them and have to retrain new ones.

Quality goes up. Production goes up. No long delays between games. And they have in the past made more WOZ's and Hobbits. So any current or future title could be run again, if they want. And that would be easier with a trained assembly staff that is always available

Finally Lloyd. Keep the line running so you can hire and retain permanent employees.

Announce and then deliver the pins shortly thereafter.

Simple as that, Wonka, GNR and Toy Story should be great next level pins for Stern, whoops, meant JJP

Hopefully gives them enough runway to build a long term team of essential assemblers.

#866 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Announce and then deliver the pins shortly thereafter.

Right you are. I believe that is the goal.

#867 5 years ago

Can admin please move all pirate talk to their own thread thanks

no_piracy_skull_swords_800_clr.pngno_piracy_skull_swords_800_clr.png
#868 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

Can admin please move all pirate talk to their own thread thanks[quoted image]

I think without some pirate talk this thread would be pretty dead I think it's turned into a general jjp discussion thread but don't worry there will be heaps of wonka talk once it's finally revealed

#869 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Where did you hear about this? Where can we get it from?

we received them to fit to all our new games before shipping as the pop bumper assy needs to be removed to fit

reach out to jjp support

#870 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm also very SAD they won't be making anymore POTC because its the greatest pinball game ever made.
Larry

Well let’s just give that a premature “BOO HOO” for the drama queen. Nothing is set in stone, yes? Plus, best game ever made? Better put on those fishing waders ‘cause it’s gonna get deep and fast in here trying to back up that statement.

#871 5 years ago

we received them to fit to all our new games before shipping as the pop bumper assy needs to be removed to fit
reach out to jjp support

Easier said than done. They are very hard to get hold of right now as I know they have some things going on.

#872 5 years ago

there is an updated tortuga hole bracket

What is different about this bracket and what does it solve specifically?

Can we get a picture?

#874 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Easier said than done. They are very hard to get hold of right now as I know they have some things going on.

I must mention though Chris at Kingpin has been awesome in helping me with my issue while JJP support catches up on thing!

#875 5 years ago

If only POTC had been an original themed game like DI or MM, I bet they would have sold at a higher volume. I think many of us wanted to buy POTC, but were tired of the theme, in addition to losing interest when features were removed. Having said this, I’m excited to see what Wonka and Toy Story look like!

#876 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

what you consider a "hit"

If DI or POTC sold out the LE or CE games

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It looks like they want to step things up to two new games a year. They have the main assembly line and the small one they made more WOZ's on.
Quality goes up. Production goes up. No long delays between games. And they have in the past made more WOZ's and Hobbits. So any current or future title could be run again, if they want. And that would be easier with a trained assembly staff that is always available.
That is what it looks like to me, and strictly my opinion. I can't look out the door of my office in NJ and see what is happening.
Or you keep making Pirates, delay the next game until fall, or later. And maybe another new title in 2020 ?
At some point you bite the bullet if you want to gear up for the future. Pirates may be a temporary or permanent victim of that. Only time will tell.
Jersey Jack Pinball definitely wants to make more, and better games. And will continue to do so.

With all the talk of how smart it was to take a long time as long as you get it right then best game ever made it is a hit stop production after six months for the next game because it might sell well

#878 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

If DI or POTC sold out the LE or CE games

The LE's are sold out on POTC. They can't make them fast enough to keep up with orders since they started shipping. The CE is too expensive for many at $12k so I do not factor that in at all.

#879 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The LE's are sold out on POTC. They can't make them fast enough to keep up with orders since they started shipping. The CE is too expensive for many at $12k so I do not factor that in at all.

If they are sold out, why can I buy one today from so many distributors? Do you mean they built the entire number of LEs projected and they are in distributor warehouses where not sold? The entire run will sell out for sure, especially now that it is feeling more limited.

#880 5 years ago

I'd be in on TS, GnR, and most likely WW. I think all 3 will be huge hits for JJP. TS especially.

#881 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

If they are sold out, why can I buy one today from so many distributors? Do you mean they built the entire number of LEs projected and they are in distributor warehouses where not sold? The entire run will sell out for sure, especially now that it is feeling more limited.

The irony is that JJP not selling them anymore does not mean the whole 2500 sold it they are no longer selling them. The yellow brick road edition means the prior edition sold out.

#882 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Very few distributors have them "on hand". But some may have orders that may not have a buyer tied to them that have yet to be fulfilled from JJP. If you don't find one in stock at a distributor you'll probably be waiting a few weeks to get one.

#883 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The irony is that JJP not selling them anymore does not mean the whole 2500 sold it they are no longer selling them. The yellow brick road edition means the prior edition sold out.

Yeah, that makes sense. Complete the run of LEs later after getting new games to market, including a sure thing YBR edition.

#884 5 years ago

Weren't there supposed to be 2500 potc le"s? They have only made 600 or so and by the time they halt production in April they will have only made around 1k? How is it sold out? I'm guessing only bc they are gonna stop making them?

#885 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Very few distributors have them "on hand". But some may have orders that may not have a buyer tied to them that have yet to be fulfilled from JJP. If you don't find one in stock at a distributor you'll probably be waiting a few weeks to get one.

Oh, ok, haven’t checked for a while. Makes sense as production winds down. I’m happy they are moving forward with other titles.

#886 5 years ago

IMO

The best thing for JJP to do from a business perspective, is exactly what I assume is happening. In order to keep the enthusiast happy, bring on new titles (bi-annually) for the high end market.

Do what Spooky does but on a larger scale (1500-2000 pins per title). Do a title and move on to the next. Keep looking forward and don't look back.

Inventory control seems to have been their biggest downfall. Control and balance money by setting exact purchase quantities on all production parts. With limited quantities the titles will sell out and then on to the next title. This practice also allows for more time for quality control, employee training, and better code evolution.

Bigger isn't always better, but as most have said, there's an opportunity that exists for the high end pin producer that can consistently bring new titles to the table. 1.5 years per pin just doesn't cut it.

#887 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Simple as that, Wonka, GNR and Toy Story should be great next level pins for JJP

When did GNR "unofficially" jump in front of TS in the queue?

#888 5 years ago

Insert Design?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#889 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Sounds like the TS is getting pushed to 2020 to coincide with the movie's release to DVD (so said Kanedas podcast).

#890 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

POTC is JJP’s best game to date. Sorry to hear about the planned switchover in April. This demonstrates one force that cannot be tamed —> MARKET PENETRATION. That’s right, JJP reached their most eager target market - primarily made of past customers and those who have followed its progress over the past few years. There was an initial demand and JJP created the supply to meet it. Allow some time to pass and for more to play the game. POTC demand should continue to build until JJP hears the noise and decides to renew the license and make more. With only a few hundred reviews in ... it is currently JJP’s best game. There is a reason CGC is remaking the top 3 games. JJP owns the games design and rights to #4 and all the hard work is done. They will be able to build and sell pirates for many years to come.
Really this is no different than Stern running a game in multiple batches over many years. They could crank out 3000 Munsters at one go, but 2000 games would sit around for awhile. Instead they make 1000 and then put the brakes on. Later they run a batch of 500 and wait, and if demand is there they run another 500. They understand the market has to breathe. Hopefully this reality works out for JJP too.
[quoted image]

I love that attached picture because It had 158 ratings with spot number 4 there’s no comparison with 1-3 based on average Pirates would be number 1 for a long time. But since the top three games are games from the 90s and have had recent releases of course they have more ratings so it’s simply not fair in the rating system as advertised.

#891 5 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Sounds like the TS is getting pushed to 2020 to coincide with the movie's release to DVD (so said Kanedas podcast).

TS4 releases in June, its disc will go on sale ages before 2020.

#892 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

TS4 releases in June, its disc will go on sale ages before 2020.

And down to $10 by Christmas

#893 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I love that attached picture because It had 158 ratings with spot number 4 there’s no comparison with 1-3 based on average Pirates would be number 1 for a long time. But since the top three games are games from the 90s and have had recent releases of course they have more ratings so it’s simply not fair in the rating system as advertised.

I get your point, however, those three games were already the top three for years before the remakes came out. The only thing that changed were their order in that top three. The rating is for the game, not the manufacturer. CGC (subjectively) improved the games and as such, the rating numbers increased and there are more owners and more ratings that have been added to them.

#894 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Weren't there supposed to be 2500 potc le"s? They have only made 600 or so and by the time they halt production in April they will have only made around 1k? How is it sold out? I'm guessing only bc they are gonna stop making them?

He’s a newbie.

#895 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The top 100 list has been debated forever in other threads. Every, every new pin gets in the top 10 upon release, as there are very few votes, coupled with very excited new owners. Then they slowly drop in the rankings from that point on. With the current surge, I would think weighting it (maybe, a minimum of 500 ratings before it even gets on the chart) would certainly smooth the curve a bit....

List is fun to look at, but that's about it.....

On to Wonka please....anything?

#896 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I get your point, however, those three games were already the top three for years before the remakes came out. The only thing that changed were their order in that top three. The rating is for the game not the manufacturer. CGC (subjectively) improved the games and as such, the rating numbers increased and there are more owners and more ratings that have been added to them.

Yet TZ still hangs solid on it's own...that's why it's #1 on IPDB list.... (and the other 3 still had a much larger pool of votes prior to the remakes coming out)

#897 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yet TZ still hangs solid on it's own...that's why it's #1 on IPDB list.... (and the other 3 still had a much larger pool of votes prior to the remakes coming out)

You are correct sir. I forgot about TZ . It was always up there and usually floated around 2nd most of that time on the Pinside list, with AFM and MB following behind it.

#899 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

If true, I approve of this move.

#900 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If true, I approve of this move.

I approve of it, too, but not sure my wallet will.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,000 (Firm)
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 90.00
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
12,500 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/18?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.