210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 34.
#801 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

The Sources are located on the same shelf as BBQ and Tomato sauce are at your local Drug Store

Exactly. It was the same old sky is falling “experts”, and they get the same attention they always do by spouting off some ridiculous theory.

The game has been produced for roughly 6 months...I got my POTC in early oct. Jack said numerous times his goal was two games a year, which would make sense that they stop POTC production. I for one am excited. I’ll be glad to not have to wait a 12-18 months for a new release from JJP.

Imagine if JJP actually releases two games a year, I personally believe it would it would have a huge effect. If you bought one of JJP’s first 3 games, and ever wanted to resell, you had to take a hit because the buyer could always go by a brand new one. If they start rolling out two games a year, I think their older titles will hold their value more since there won’t be an option of ordering a NIB one. I also think more people would be willing to buy a new JJP game because they might not have to risk losing a few grand trying to sell.

JJP releasing two games a year is nothing but a win. Don’t get distracted by the same old people throwing our rumors to fulfill their hateboner for JJP. Stern, JJP, CGC....the more games the better in my eyes. I do wonder how much the market can support, but I guess we will find out soon enough.

#802 5 years ago

Not ready to leave the discussion about how many JJPOTC will ship by April (no pun). Most likely estimate is 1,500 combined models, with a low end estimate of 750 units and 2k on the high end (1.5k LE and 200 CE were announced + throw in 300 SE). From a capacity standpoint JJP could build the max number if orders were there. How bout it @hogbog, will you let us know the combined number once game is off the line?

#803 5 years ago

I was talking to the Mrs. yesterday about pinball for way to long (she always loves that lol) and whether or not I should go for Pirates or wait for Willy Wonka. She said she would wait for Willy Wonka out of principle for JJP not including the original spinning disk mech and the opening / closing chest yet still keeping the price the same. Damn lol. It was hard to hear that argument again but I can see her point. I went back to some older Pirate gameplay videos and the entire game still just looks so much cooler with the original disk and chest mech. For nearly $10k I could stomach not having licensed actor audio / video assets due to the amount / variety of toys in the original Pirates prototype but after the mech changes it was and still is a sore point when considering purchasing the game. Who knows, maybe I'll still get one, on the fence at the moment about buying an LE or waiting for Wonka.

#804 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Couple things here... first off I do think POTC is the greatest pinball game ever. Show me one better? Combine everything now not just shots, but theming, graphics, sound, cabinet, special features, toys, programming, tell me one game better? There isn't one. This is the single best detailed game ever created, with the highest level of programming, anyone has ever seen. Pirates is the GOAT, and clearly Stern doesn't really care about ever creating a GOAT game, they care about making as much money as they can, and producing games as fast as they can. And you know what they do make money, everyone else is just trying to catch up right?
To me the 10 greatest pinball games when you take EVERYTHING into consideration from detail to shots and everything between.
1) POTC JJ
2) Dialed In JJ
3) Wizard of Oz JJ
4) Batman 66
5) Attack from Mars
6) ACDC
7) Tales from the Arabian Nights
8) White Water
9) Big Lebowski
10) Creature from the Black Lagoon
A couple others I would consider ... Scared Stiff, Monster Bash, Simpsons Pinball Part, Cirqus Voltaire, Big Bang Bar.
As for Munsters... no I haven't got it yet. I've already put down a 2k deposit for an LE. I own a bunch of escape rooms and haunted houses, and at each we have pinball games. At the haunted house I have everything horror so I bought Munsters for the haunt. See the picture below. I will say however I played the Munsters PRO and it was terrible. I would rate that game like a 5 or 6. I'm hoping I like the LE better with the lower playfield, but no matter I'm going to love the theme for the haunted house party room. With the lower playfield it looks pretty cool.
I'm a HUGE fan of the Monster Bash remake! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

To say Stern doesn’t care about creating a GOAT is a little unfair or misleading. The workers (designers, programmers, audio, artists, etc...) absolutely care in what they do and always try to put together the best machine they can as it shows with their passion for pinball. That said, they do have faster turn arounds and not all games can be hits. But look at what they have done; ACDC, MET, IMDN, TWD, ST, etc... There are some great quality games there, and one of the things stern is doing best is keeping owners from having to continuously pull the glass off to fix & tweak - that definitely needs to be considered when you’re talking about a GOAT.

That all said, i do think JJPOTC is one of the best of all time - I’ve been saying since the beginning that it is. However, I still don’t have 500+ plays on it so time will tell but i still consider it #1. My top 10 all time FWIW off the top of my head would probably be:

1. JJPOTC
2. LOTR
3. ACDC
4. IMDN
5. WOZ
6. AFM
7. SW (Yes i said it; great games don’t always need dolls and this is slowly climbing the list)
8. GOT (Has some code issues and is slowly declining from my list)
9. TWD
10. FGY

#805 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was talking to the Mrs. yesterday about pinball for way to long (she always loves that lol) and whether or not I should go for Pirates or wait for Willy Wonka. She said she would wait for Willy Wonka out of principle for JJP not including the original spinning disk mech and the opening / closing chest yet still keeping the price the same. .

Wait until you see the POTC yellow brick road edition. That pesky spinning disc will be gone ... poof. Better to get the full edition JJPOTC now.

#806 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was talking to the Mrs. yesterday about pinball for way to long (she always loves that lol) and whether or not I should go for Pirates or wait for Willy Wonka. She said she would wait for Willy Wonka out of principle for JJP not including the original spinning disk mech and the opening / closing chest yet still keeping the price the same. Damn lol. It was hard to hear that argument again but I can see her point. I went back to some older Pirate gameplay videos and the entire game still just looks so much cooler with the original disk and chest mech. For nearly $10k I could stomach not having licensed actor audio / video assets due to the amount / variety of toys in the original Pirates prototype but after the mech changes it was and still is a sore point when considering purchasing the game. Who knows, maybe I'll still get one, on the fence at the moment about buying an LE or waiting for Wonka.

I can't see her point. The game is packed with toys and features. And the physical 3 disc was replaced with a single disc and something that probably cost more in development via coding. You won't care one bit about the 3 disc and closing chest when you play the game. Guaranteed. :p

#807 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I’m guessing this last run of only 250 YBR WOZ will be prices at the CE so they will make more cash then they would building the same JJPotc. I’m also guessing once this is done they bring POTC back.

I see so there is still a WOZ market out there.

#808 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was talking to the Mrs. yesterday about pinball for way to long (she always loves that lol) and whether or not I should go for Pirates or wait for Willy Wonka. She said she would wait for Willy Wonka out of principle for JJP not including the original spinning disk mech and the opening / closing chest yet still keeping the price the same. Damn lol. It was hard to hear that argument again but I can see her point.

Bingo!!! Your Mrs. is wise and exactly why I pulled my deposit back on that one. I WANT another JJP...hopefully WW delivers!!!

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

POTC... fact. Doesn't change the fact the game is awesome and probably the best pinball game ever made.

I will never understand how nearly every game JJP put out is the greatest game ever made I have head this over and over for WOZ DI and POTC

#810 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I have head this over and over for WOZ DI and POTC

so when are you going to start believing it?

#811 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think with the potential limited production numbers on Pirates you should get one. Who knows if the Willy Wonka will be good.

#812 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Couple things here... first off I do think POTC is the greatest pinball game ever. Show me one better? Combine everything now not just shots, but theming, graphics, sound, cabinet, special features, toys, programming, tell me one game better? There isn't one. This is the single best detailed game ever created, with the highest level of programming, anyone has ever seen. Pirates is the GOAT, and clearly Stern doesn't really care about ever creating a GOAT game, they care about making as much money as they can, and producing games as fast as they can. And you know what they do make money, everyone else is just trying to catch up right?
To me the 10 greatest pinball games when you take EVERYTHING into consideration from detail to shots and everything between.
1) POTC JJ
2) Dialed In JJ
3) Wizard of Oz JJ
4) Batman 66
5) Attack from Mars
6) ACDC
7) Tales from the Arabian Nights
8) White Water
9) Big Lebowski
10) Creature from the Black Lagoon
A couple others I would consider ... Scared Stiff, Monster Bash, Simpsons Pinball Part, Cirqus Voltaire, Big Bang Bar.
As for Munsters... no I haven't got it yet. I've already put down a 2k deposit for an LE. I own a bunch of escape rooms and haunted houses, and at each we have pinball games. At the haunted house I have everything horror so I bought Munsters for the haunt. See the picture below. I will say however I played the Munsters PRO and it was terrible. I would rate that game like a 5 or 6. I'm hoping I like the LE better with the lower playfield, but no matter I'm going to love the theme for the haunted house party room. With the lower playfield it looks pretty cool.
I'm a HUGE fan of the Monster Bash remake! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good seeing a carnevil machine, a verhy under rated shooter

#813 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Is anyone concerned about JJP's longevity in the business?

I'm not. They seem to be moving in a positive direction.

LTG : )

#814 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

so when are you going to start believing it?

I sort of agree that POTC is one of the best ever.

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I will never understand how nearly every game JJP put out is the greatest game ever made I have head this over and over for WOZ DI and POTC

I think it's a combination of the new technology, having one of the best designers of all time and a relatively large budget for each game. Personally, I don't think you can say that for WOZ and TH because the layouts hold them back but if I am honest with myself, although I have a soft spot for early 80s games and some later 90s games, DI and JJPOTC are probably better than anything we have seen before or at least very close.

#816 5 years ago

Less pirate talk more Wonka

#817 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not to mention that the coolest POTC mech, the sinking ship, is in the Stern version that you can get for half the price of JJP's.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

To say Stern doesn’t care about creating a GOAT is a little unfair or misleading. The workers (designers, programmers, audio, artists, etc...) absolutely care in what they do and always try to put together the best machine they can as it shows with their passion for pinball. That said, they do have faster turn arounds and not all games can be hits. But look at what they have done; ACDC, MET, IMDN, TWD, ST, etc... There are some great quality games there, and one of the things stern is doing best is keeping owners from having to continuously pull the glass off to fix & tweak - that definitely needs to be considered when you’re talking about a GOAT.

That all said, i do think JJPOTC is one of the best of all time - I’ve been saying since the beginning that it is. However, I still don’t have 500+ plays on it so time will tell but i still consider it #1. My top 10 all time FWIW off the top of my head would probably be:

1. JJPOTC
2. LOTR
3. ACDC
4. IMDN
5. WOZ
6. AFM
7. SW (Yes i said it; great games don’t always need dolls and this is slowly climbing the list)
8. GOT (Has some code issues and is slowly declining from my list)
9. TWD
10. FGY

Not one B/W game on your top 10 list? Hard to believe.

#818 5 years ago

The right side of Pirate's pf is dull to me. The left side is fantastic.

But I agree, less pirates please thanks. Will be cool to see what the team can squeeze into a standard body.

#819 5 years ago

Hopefully Wonka is as fun to shoot as DI. The theme lends itself to great possibilities and I have little doubt Pat & Jack will deliver a great pin. Curious to see the differentiation between LE and CE models.

#820 5 years ago

I was so sure this would be a wide body. There's a whole magical chocolate factory to fit in there, and I was picturing something big and colourful like WOZ. I like the big side to side bounces of wide bodies and the room to fit so much more. Still want one though as it's a holy grail theme for me, but will wait to play it first whereas I was considering a sight unseen deposit if it was wide.

#821 5 years ago

WOZ and the other wide bodies from JJP are beautiful machines but I think the standard body Dialed In is the smoothest and best layout of the four games. They were able to pack a good amount in that play field as well. Very anxious to see it ... and most likely order one.

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Not to mention that the coolest POTC mech, the sinking ship, is in the Stern version that you can get for half the price of JJP's.

Not one B/W game on your top 10 list? Hard to believe.

AFM

#823 5 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

I was so sure this would be a wide body. There's a whole magical chocolate factory to fit in there, and I was picturing something big and colourful like WOZ. I like the big side to side bounces of wide bodies and the room to fit so much more. Still want one though as it's a holy grail theme for me, but will wait to play it first whereas I was considering a sight unseen deposit if it was wide.

After owning woz and Hobbit and playing pirates wide bodies feel standard size to me now .

#824 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I put a deposit down day one, later got a refund after all the drama and swearing off pre orders after what was going on with Alien. To be honest kinda lost interest and stopped following the game. Been to the local arcade multiple times to play the title now and have watched rules videos and am looking to get a LE. Did not miss the spinning disc or opening chest at all while emptying quarters into the game.

#825 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

After owning woz and Hobbit and playing pirates wide bodies feel standard size to me now .

Really?
I much prefer standard bodies , they just feel better to play for me.

#826 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I put a deposit down day one, later got a refund after all the drama and swearing off pre orders after what was going on with Alien. To be honest kinda lost interest and stopped following the game. Been to the local arcade multiple times to play the title now and have watched rules videos and am looking to get a LE. Did not miss the spinning disc or opening chest at all while emptying quarters into the game.

Did you reach out to your local distributor (able electronics) to see if he had any left?

#827 5 years ago

Sounds like CGC is going to be competing against JJP at Texas Pinball festival with retread game announcements. Who will win the battle?

#828 5 years ago

People that refuse to give Pirates a chance bc they changed the two mechs after they were shown couldn't be more short sided. Talk about ridiculous - are you not going to play AFM now that we know Brian confirmed the ship was intended to move around the pf? I mean seriously guys things change on pins. I totally agree that they shouldn't have introduced it and then pull it back but they were excited and got ahead of themselves. Nice to see innovation is actually top of mind at jjp. I can tell you that the one disc actually makes the ball spin even more btw.

#829 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Sounds like CGC is going to be competing against JJP at Texas Pinball festival with retread game announcements. Who will win the battle?

Doesn’t matter to me. CGC and JJP target different segments of the market. But I think JJP wins long term anyway even though I’m not terribly excited about YBR.

#830 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

People that refuse to give Pirates a chance bc they changed the two mechs after they were shown couldn't be more short sided. Talk about ridiculous - are you not going to play AFM now that we know Brian confirmed the ship was intended to move around the pf? I mean seriously guys things change on pins. I totally agree that they shouldn't have introduced it and then pull it back but they were excited and got ahead of themselves. Nice to see innovation is actually top of mind at jjp. I can tell you that the one disc actually makes the ball spin even more btw.

The big difference there is AFM wasn't revealed or marketed for 6+ months with that feature only to have it removed. Prototype AFM's with that feature if they existed were not playable at multiple shows as well as on location for months. AFM also didn't cost $8500 - $12500.

I'm in no way saying that POTC is a bad game because those features were removed. Pirates is an incredible pin. However, its reasonable to expect that some potential buyers may always be bitter about two major features being removed from a game that costs $10k.

#831 5 years ago

reasonable to expect bitterness - agreed. To completely ignore it now seems ridiculous.

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Really?
I much prefer standard bodies , they just feel better to play for me.

If you play them enough they just feel normal , I'm tall and have long arms maybe that helps .

#833 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Not ready to leave the discussion about how many JJPOTC will ship by April (no pun). Most likely estimate is 1,500 combined models, with a low end estimate of 750 units and 2k on the high end (1.5k LE and 200 CE were announced + throw in 300 SE). From a capacity standpoint JJP could build the max number if orders were there. How bout it hogbog, will you let us know the combined number once game is off the line?

I dont believe 1.5 k le is right I asked for number 1021 and was told nothing over 1000 could be picked

#834 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Did you reach out to your local distributor (able electronics) to see if he had any left?

I’m looking for a HUO, lot of issues with my NIB DI so I’m trying to avoid that again.

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I’m looking for a HUO, lot of issues with my NIB DI so I’m trying to avoid that again.

There seems to be a lot of out of the box issues with Potc with a lot of people. Looks mostly minor though.

#836 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There seems to be a lot of out of the box issues with Potc with a lot of people. Looks mostly minor though.

Issues on the latest build games seem to be pretty much resolved from I've read. There's always a risk of buying a more loaded game such as POTC early in production due to issues found on the line. However, early POTC games seemed to have more issues out of the box then what would be deemed acceptable by most people. For $10k people shouldn't have to remove mini playfields, cut zip ties for wires to allow for more slack, reposition lights (mini playfield ship lantern lights), etc. Thankfully those early issues seem to be in the past.

#837 5 years ago

So, what are your thoughts on a Wonka pin?

#838 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

I'm ready and excited for Chocolate River Multiball where Gene Wilder takes up the entire screen while going crazy along with along with some trippy RGB LED light shows! The music and sound effects definitely need to get progressively louder as each shot is made in this mode.

Speaking of sound. With David Thiel no longer at JJP (exclusive deal at Deeproot) who is doing the audio for Willy Wonka? Personally I hope JJP brings Chris Granner back.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#839 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

I'm thinking it will be a HUGE hit for JJP.

#840 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don’t think there are a high percent of affected machines at all. On forums these issues always seem worse and more widespread than they are. Look at the MBr thread and the decal issue. The way the thread was going you would have thought every machine was affected and CGC should stop production until fixed. That is until CGC posted that less than 1% were affected.

#841 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm ready and excited for Chocolate River Multiball where Gene Wilder takes up the entire screen while going crazy along with along with some trippy RGB LED light shows! The music and sound effects definitely need to get progressively louder as each shot is made in this mode.

[quoted image]

Yes!

#842 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

No thoughts, except hoping this will be a great pin!!!

#843 5 years ago

Two of the potc machines in the NYC Area (Manhattan one is gone now unfortunately) often got the ball stuck in the exact same place under the Tortuga.

Is there a chance JJP is completely finished designing new wide bodies?

I love the extra outlanes in POTC and was hoping Wonka would be wide.

#844 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I dont believe 1.5 k le is right I asked for number 1021 and was told nothing over 1000 could be picked

that's because they order the plaques in batches, 250 at a time, probably didn't have the plaque at the time

#845 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Two of the potc machines in the NYC Area (Manhattan one is gone now unfortunately) often got the ball stuck in the exact same place under the Tortuga.
Is there a chance JJP is completely finished designing new wide bodies?
I love the extra outlanes in POTC and was hoping Wonka would be wide.

there is an updated tortuga hole bracket

#846 5 years ago

So when JJP announces there next game and it’s not WW ? Can we stop hearing about this ? This is one title that I know
I don’t want ! GNR, Led Zeppelin, Buy out DP and build TBL ? Anything please

#847 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

all of jacks games have been little kiddies themes bring on GNR already screw these other titles

It is funny. Use your illusion came out when I was in grade school. Toy story in high school. I like GNR, but it is much more a kiddie theme to me

#848 5 years ago

A GnR game should have a mode where nothing happens for two hours while you're waiting for Axl Rose to finally grace the audience with his presence.

#849 5 years ago

I keep hearing that people decided not to buy POTC because they removed third spinning disc. Really? When I played the proto-type I thought to myself- this is a bad design and it will be plagued with problems(I was right because they decided to alter). It really did not add much and I think it is better off without three disc- just more likelihood of playfield wear and more issues with motor-less is more.

How well do I think Wonka will sell? Not sure-maybe a couple of runs? I do not think it will have the mass appeal like WOZ and I do not believe there will be thousands of people willing to spend $8,000+. I really want JJP to succeed but it seems like they are focused on producing high end boutique games- not sure how much longer this business model can be successful? If POTC sales projections did not meet expectations-it makes me think Wonka is going to be a stretch. Waiting for Deeproot reveals and how the market reacts -it will be interesting to see-could be stellar or could be a shit show.

#850 5 years ago

I gotta disagree - I think Wonka is a four-quadrant theme that really lends itself to pinball. Done right with all the assets, with Lawlor designing, this is a huge seller. The biggest problem will be JJP’s capacity to build and ship them in a timely fashion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

9,600 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/17?hl=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.