210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 34.
#701 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

would LOVE to purchase a JJP POTC LE...used, in a year or two...but now production has finished. WTF? I wonder if these might be snapped up or hoarded and the thing never produced again...game is super duper awesome, who cares about the assets...

I would say there is a very real chance that POTC will have production batches again. Unless they have problems sourcing parts or something.

#702 5 years ago

It struck me as kind of strange to have JJP host a deadflip stream if this game is done being produced forever. Unless this is just a good faith move toward dealers to help move remaining stock. Or maybe they just wanted to show the game off. Who knows, I guess.

My only issue with the game is that it seems very chaotic/multi-ball focused. This isn't a bad thing, but I'm not positive it's my personal favorite kind of game. It does seem like an awesome multiplayer game outside of maybe the long ball times.

Overall, just a great looking game with a lot of unique features and cool code. The people involved in making it should feel proud despite the hiccups along the way.

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

would LOVE to purchase a JJP POTC LE...used, in a year or two...but now production has finished. WTF? I wonder if these might be snapped up or hoarded and the thing never produced again...game is super duper awesome, who cares about the assets...

Don't sweat it... games go in and out of production all of the time. This is just forum talk... much ado about nothing.

Look at all of the work they put into this game, how proud of it they are, and how GREAT it is! They will make more.

#704 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"I hate this theme about cell phones!" typed the Pinside user furiously with his cell phone.

I think that particular user was stating how the game... isn't... about cellphones. The one they were responding to, definitely had issues with cellphone integration.

I think the phone is as well integrated/dominant as any other feature, and blends in a way where any misgivings I had about that aspect of the theme entirely disappeared. It's as timeless a game as so many of Lawlors.

#705 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

It is a permanent keeper for me. But only one, I will have a spare to sell at some point. But not today!

#706 5 years ago

All this talk about cell phones being a bad theme for pinball. Along with pinball and electric guitars the smart phone is one of the greatest inventions known to man. Why wouldn’t you want a pinball with a cell phone theme?

#707 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Isnt that what happened with WOZ, they stopped production and resumed it in between JJP 2 and 3 ? If there is still demand there arent much reason to stop production

#708 5 years ago

Oh I agree Dialed In isn't about cell phones. They just chose an unfortane title that makes that connection.

My point was the irony of people using cell phones to complain about cell phones.

#709 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh I agree Dialed In isn't about cell phones. They just chose an unfortane title that makes that connection.
My point was the irony of people using cell phones to complain about cell phones.

Yeah, the whole "I hate cell phones" argument is ridiculous at this point. The smartphone has changed how we communicate, consume media, and get our news. Cell phones are not going away and pretty much everyone has one at this point.

*reply submitted via cell phone

#710 5 years ago

I just drop in this thread to see if there are updates relative to Op's request, as that's a title I'd be interested in......Love my WOZECLE, JJP's benchmark still imho...

But relative to the last gazillion posts pumping DI...a pinball machine that is named "Dialed In", has a large cell phone in it, and can take selfies, is the last thing I want when I play pinball. I don't bash the machine, but have played it, and will never own one...just me

Cell phones are a way of life..so are microwave ovens....wouldn't want one of those in my pinball machine (wait, maybe I might)...just being lighthearted about the whole thing....

Any "latest news" on WW?

#711 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Because he's the one who Imports them into Australia and sells them , besides jjp he's the only one who would know and what's the point in bullshiting for more sales when they are ceasing production and only making orders already placed . ( hilarious )

And we’re all suppose to know that some random poster is the distributor because why? His curt manners used on his posting toward my post is deplorable!

#712 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

And we’re all suppose to know that some random poster is the distributor because why? His curt manners used on his posting toward my post is deplorable! He may wish to defend Oz sales for his own purposes on POTC, but it is sales hype and I have my reasons for saying that which I’m not going to expose. That’s what’s hilarious and sad as to alienate a good customer/s.

Let me see if I understand.. You talk about crappy sales as a "fact." Someone that knows the facts says you are wrong and you get upset?

#713 5 years ago

Agree that DI theme is poor, and didn't get on with potc. Can't wait for Wonka, wonder who will be doing the sound now David T is contracted.

#714 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

And we’re all suppose to know that some random poster is the distributor because why? His curt manners used on his posting toward my post is deplorable! He may wish to defend Oz sales for his own purposes on POTC, but it is sales hype and I have my reasons for saying that which I’m not going to expose. That’s what’s hilarious and sad as to alienate a good customer/s.

He's not a "random poster"...

#715 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Agree that DI theme is poor, and didn't get on with potc. Can't wait for Wonka, wonder who will be doing the sound now David T is contracted.

Hooray for this post and your avatar!! If David onboard, sound will be awesome...

#716 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

But relative to the last gazillion posts pumping DI...a pinball machine that is named "Dialed In", has a large cell phone in it, and can take selfies, is the last thing I want when I play pinball. I don't bash the machine, but have played it, and will never own one...just me
Cell phones are a way of life..so are microwave ovens....wouldn't want one of those in my pinball machine (wait, maybe I might)...just being lighthearted about the whole thing....

Someone with SENSE finally

wonk (resized).pngwonk (resized).png
#717 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Let me see if I understand.. You talk about crappy sales as a "fact." Someone that knows the facts says you are wrong and you get upset?

I would be cautious taking anything he says or posts as fact. Yes he’s a jjp distributor but As of a couple years ago he claimed he was Still working on the original MM remake.what a damn fiasco that was even tho it eventually got passed on to someone who could actually complete the project.

Getting back on topic I think WW and TS both have potential to be amazing. I hope both are a success as it’s good to have as many manufacturers possible making games to keep pinball moving ahead.

My only complaint with jjp is the cost of the machines. I know you get what you pay for and his pins seem to be built like tanks compared to sterns but I have a hard time justifying $9000 for a pin.

#718 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't really like POTC SSO I'm actually happy I'm not seeing Johnny all day long. I do like generic pirates which this game is.

I couldn't agree more. It's a great pirates game, couldn't care less about the movie series. Hope to own one some day.

#719 5 years ago

For those saying Pirates can just be made later on assuming they can source the parts.....here's the problem. I'm assuming this license/agreement is time based so it's not like DI where they can just keep on making it. I wonder what that looks like/how long the agreement lasts for the to develop this.

#720 5 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I would be cautious taking anything he says or posts as fact. Yes he’s a jjp distributor but As of a couple years ago he claimed he was Still working on the original MM remake.what a damn fiasco that was even tho it eventually got passed on to someone who could actually complete the project.

Thank you! That’s my point exactly, whomever this guy claims to be. “Take what he says with caution.” Treat people with class and respect and you’ll go a great deal further if you’re in the sales game especially. Of course I don’t know exact sales figures and wasn’t trying to knock the game at all. WOZ is the biggest selling JJP title in Oz and nothing else is even close to my understanding.

To be fair to us consumers, POTC while a good game, important IP assets not included. Also, 2 key toys that were touted for over a year were removed. We’ll see if they run it again. If the orders are there, you can bet your bottom dollar, they’ll make another run.

To put POTC in perspective, here is what pinside shows worldwide ownership claims. I realize not everyone uses pinside, but the percentage relationship is shown between POTC ownership and WOZ ownership.

POTC pinside worldwide 0BDBC660-61B3-4BF4-844A-5AF7D752BA1C (resized).jpeg0BDBC660-61B3-4BF4-844A-5AF7D752BA1C (resized).jpeg WOZ #1 359B72E9-EF1B-4323-8845-6B374279E0AD (resized).jpeg359B72E9-EF1B-4323-8845-6B374279E0AD (resized).jpeg Dialed In E56EF751-F2D3-43AA-9BBD-119FB32D2C42 (resized).jpegE56EF751-F2D3-43AA-9BBD-119FB32D2C42 (resized).jpeg

POTC is not number one in Australia, as one of the distributors claim here, WOZ appears to be.

#721 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For those saying Pirates can just be made later on assuming they can source the parts.....here's the problem. I'm assuming this license/agreement is time based so it's not like DI where they can just keep on making it. I wonder what that looks like/how long the agreement lasts for the to develop this.

No one knows the licensing agreement, but if demand is there will be more made like woz and hobbit. No one is gonna leave money on the table imo. Guess we shall see what happens tho... regardless it looks like jjp has some good things happening this year.

#722 5 years ago

I hope it is OK to post an original painting by my good friend and pinball fan Shad Nowicki. Established comic-con artist that would make great pinball graphics. The low def copy.

50850127_10156289192997799_1911821150405525504_n (resized).jpg50850127_10156289192997799_1911821150405525504_n (resized).jpg
#723 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Along with pinball and electric guitars the smart phone is one of the greatest inventions known to man. Why wouldn’t you want a pinball with a cell phone theme?

If we're going off greatest inventions I am so here for my vaccines themed pinball machine!

"I give you... The Inclined Plane Pro Edition! coming next quarter, Marie Curie Radioactivity LE featuring music by Kraftwerk."
Ok nevermind I would totally buy a Marie Curie Radioactivity themed pin, especially with a Kraftwerk soundtrack.

#724 5 years ago

POTC can and will sell well into the future, so JJP will renew the license and make more. It is a primo game and has only been produced for a few months. They might as well change graphics and call it black pearl edition. History shows us when JJP releases another version, the price increases so it might legitimately be $10k.

Willy Wonka should be another hit. What will the price be ???
19AD9E74-E0F1-4EAE-BC1D-1FB3D3784340.gif19AD9E74-E0F1-4EAE-BC1D-1FB3D3784340.gif

#725 5 years ago

Sorry Wonka fans, It’s Toy Story !
With movie #4 it’s a slam dunk !
Wonka is a No !!!

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

POTC: They might as well change graphics and call it black pearl edition.
[quoted image]

That would be good.

#727 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Sorry Wonka fans, It’s Toy Story !
With movie #4 it’s a slam dunk !
Wonka is a No !!!

#728 5 years ago
219901-1 (resized).png219901-1 (resized).png
#729 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

And we’re all suppose to know that some random poster is the distributor because why?

Quoted from Thunderbird:

whomever this guy claims to be.

How many " random " posters have pictures of Jack in their pinball Warehouse . He didn't claim to be anyone , other people have said who he is . He responded to a post you put up and called bullshit on it . You said you don't know what the sales figures are so maybe you should words like " I think " "possibly " "could be " instead of stating your opinion as fact .

IMG_20190216_184221 (resized).jpgIMG_20190216_184221 (resized).jpg
#730 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

How many " random " posters have pictures of Jack in their pinball Warehouse . He didn't claim to be anyone , other people have said who he is . He responded to a post you put up and called bullshit on it . You said you don't know what the sales figures are so maybe you should words like " I think " "possibly " "could be " instead of stating your opinion as fact . [quoted image]

You think that should impress us? Looooooooool Jack’s a good guy and would pose in anyone’s place that has one of his machines. Anything almost anyone writes in a forum is their opinion. That’s what forums are for, to state your opinion. You’ve got to be somehow related or on Bally’s payroll. Lol

Read the numbers I’ve posted a few spots above. The percentages don’t lie on the numbers. This guy you revere is Not giving us the truth about POTC being the number one seller in Oz. I said I understand his view point, as he is reportedly in sales and wants to hype the machine. I still don’t know whom you’re talking about. To me, that is a random poster. Don’t know “Bally”, except they at one time made great machines. Now I’m not going to post anything more about this. Let it be.

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Jack’s a good guy and would pose in anyone’s place that has one of his machines.

Dumb ass

IMG_20190216_203117 (resized).jpgIMG_20190216_203117 (resized).jpg
#732 5 years ago

it's clearly green screened,Jack wasn't even there

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

To be fair to us consumers, POTC while a good game, is way overpriced for what we get in return. Too many important IP assets not included for a $10k game. Also, 2 key toys that were touted for over a year were removed. If it was selling so well, common sense says it won’t be taken off line after only 4+ months of production (we had major holidays going on during that time as well). We’ll see if they run it again. If the orders are there, you can bet your bottom dollar, they’ll make another run. If not, we know who was full of hype. Lol

I feel like I get a lot for the price. I rather have a packed game with superb build quality than assets I don‘t really care about. But I‘m sure many have a different opinion about this. I‘m sure it‘s not the fastest selling game from JJP, but in the long run it might be more successful than expected. Time will tell.

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's what was said on Kanedas latest podcast about JJP. Sounds like great news all around.
1. WOZ Yellow Brick Road edition revealed at TPF, not a stripped down version, limited to 250 games (maybe marketed as a CE level game at a high price?)
2. Next new game is for sure Willy Wonka, don't expect to see anything until May / June
3. Pirates no longer in production and may or may not come back due to WOZ YBR's needing to be built
4. Toy Story is after Willy Wonka
5. Both Willy Wonka and Toy Story are designed by Pat Lawlor
6. Toy Story was supposed to come out before Willy Wonka but the original deal inked between Disney and JJP had the same issue as Pirates licensing (limited assets)
7. Toy Story licensing being renegotiated to obtain more assets, person who inked original deal no longer works at JJP
8. Willy Wonka will have full assets
9. Eric likely designing Guns and Rose's
10. Kaneda thinks 2019 will be JJP's most successful year ever, will struggle to keep up with orders

Probably not true in that a fair few people think GNR is coming much earlier than expected and certainly before TS

#735 5 years ago

Agreed excited about JJP releases this year!

#736 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The only thing that holds back DI for me is the playschool toys that look like they came out of a three year old's toy box.

You're right, it should have more adult toys.

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hooray for this post and your avatar!! If David onboard, sound will be awesome...

I've had this avatar for years and years so no coincidence have very special memories from my childhood, and then rewatching with my kids.

Even this morning we were sat having breakfast discussing WiWo playfield/mode design ideas. Can't wait!

#738 5 years ago

Keep your eye on the prize and get you a Pirates. Pirates is the GOAT despite not having video assets from the film .

I said this before and I will say again because I was RIGHT!!!!

Jersey Jack shouldn't have EVER made POTC because the theme was already done, and when you can't use the video assets i would have walked. Apparently POTC hasn't sold well and its going off the production line. JJ is in business to make money so Willy and the new WOZ are going to center stage. Maybe interest will pop back up for Pirates and they'll make some more. In the meantime I would focus and get you a pirates while you still can. The game despite the fact it shouldn't have been made, is the best pinball in history.

Grab one before its to late and worry about WW when it comes out.

#739 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Most of you all know who I am, as JJP is building yet another container of POTC for me right now, They are still in Production, Now they have started on the next game already getting the line reading to start shipping the next game straight after release, I can understand they may cease production of POTC and move onto The next Title, makes sense to me they have a batch of WOZ and the new Title to build, Can't build POTC forever, they can go back and make more later.

My Comment was we have sold more POTC in Australia than Previous JJP Titles and are one of the Worlds Largest Seller of JJP Games outside the USA.

I don't care if you don't think that's True, Just today another sold to NSW and WA in 1 day.

We received a 40ft Container Before Christmas and another container being packed with Collector Editions and LE POTC

#740 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Most of you all know who I am, as JJP is building yet another container of POTC for me right now, They are still in Production, Now they have started on the next game already getting the line reading to start shipping the next game straight after release, I can understand they may cease production of POTC and move onto The next Title, makes sense to me they have a batch of WOZ and the new Title to build, Can't build POTC forever, they can go back and make more later.
My Comment was we have sold more POTC in Australia than Previous JJP Titles and are one of the Worlds Largest Seller of JJP Games outside the USA.
I don't care if you don't think that's True, Just today another sold to NSW and WA in 1 day.
Brent I will alienate anyone who talks crap

#741 5 years ago

I can see jacks caller ID and it says Brent Calling, Bet he hits the cancel call and straight to voicemail in the future.

#742 5 years ago

For me, the Willy Wonka license is a huge turnoff for some reason. Huge fan of the Toy Story license.

Whatever JJP decides, I hope they are successful with the next release!

#743 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Apparently POTC hasn't sold well and its going off the production line.

This is not true at all. for me personally, it has been our best selling JJP game to date. Beating woz by 20% so far and more each day. While it is true that it is going off the line, that is to make room for the next game.
No idea who started the "not selling well" rumor, but my money is that it was someone who has either no interest in the game or doesn't want to spend the money on the game. While I may be a little bias (it is my brother's game), I would argue with most that this is the best JJP title to date. You want assets, watch the movies. You want a great playing game, play the pinball.
I should have doubled my order beforehand. This was the largest single-day order I have ever placed as a company. The reaction at the release of the game was off the charts an even with a couple of hiccups, I still see way more positive reviews than negatives.
If the worst thing you can come up with for not liking the game is that you don't get to see a video of Depp, then you need to reconsider what matters to pinball. Order now and I will send you a set of the movies so you can watch them over and over while playing your new game.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Jersey Jack shouldn't have EVER made POTC because the theme was already done

So the new Star Trek, Star Wars, Spiderman, etc shouldn't have been done either? Just because a license was once done doesn't mean it shouldn't be redone. I would love to see a new Superman, Jurassic World, Godzilla, etc.

#744 5 years ago

I could care less about wonka or toy story; all of jacks games have been little kiddies themes bring on GNR already screw these other titles

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I've had this avatar for years and years so no coincidence have very special memories from my childhood, and then rewatching with my kids.
Even this morning we were sat having breakfast discussing WiWo playfield/mode design ideas. Can't wait!

Congrats on potentially getting what is obviously a grail theme for you!! Hoping this one is a home run, as I really want to add another JJP to my lineup.

My avatar has been consistent for years as well, and was fortunate to get one in its very brief, final ( and only true) run.

#746 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

No idea who started the "not selling well" rumor

I think the not selling well rumour came from the relative short production period of the game compared to other jjp pins and people assumed the worst

#747 5 years ago

KingPinGames - Good to hear Pirates is selling well.

That puts any speculation to rest about sales. I got to play one about a month ago. Enjoyable game.

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

No idea who started the "not selling well" rumor, but my money is that it was someone who has either no interest in the game or doesn't want to spend the money on the game. While I may be a little bias (it is my brother's game), I would argue with most that this is the best JJP title to date. You want assets, watch the movies. You want a great playing game, play the pinball.

Suspending a games production so soon after it's release is highly unusual (and helps validate the "not selling well" rumor).

I also "hear you" on the asset issue, however JJP includes a large/gorgeous display and it's only normal to want movie clips. Isn't it? Theme integration is one of the obvious metrics for movie pins. Stern's recent Star Wars did a great job with theme integration (both audio & video) and adds to the games appeal.

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

it's clearly green screened,Jack wasn't even there

Doesn’t Jack come to everyone’s house? Maybe he can personally deliver me a POTC, Willy Wonka or Toy Story

5DFF67CD-1200-4860-B58D-A1B468736148 (resized).jpeg5DFF67CD-1200-4860-B58D-A1B468736148 (resized).jpeg
#750 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Doesn’t Jack come to everyone’s house? Maybe he can personally deliver me a POTC, Willy Wonka or Toy Story[quoted image]

I am so jealous Jack delivered your star trek personally.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/15?hl=lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.