210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 34.
#601 5 years ago

I brought HP back into it, although unintentionally. I didn't know I was bringing it back, because I did not see it really talked about previously... lol

I just brought it up to see what others may have heard about its positioning in the JJP lineup, not that I think it is one of the next couple coming out. And I only brought that up because I know for a fact that JJP holds the rights to HP and they acquired them about 2 years ago (or they did at least.. things may have changed since then). I personally know someone that was present when it happened at Warner Brothers Studios.

#602 5 years ago

I know I'd be interested in WW for sure...Won't mind waiting a bit though, as my pinbudget is overdrawn at the moment

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I brought HP back into it, although unintentionally. I didn't know I was bringing it back, because I did not see it really talked about previously... lol
I just brought it up to see what others may have heard about its positioning in the JJP lineup, not that I think it is one of the next couple coming out. And I only brought that up because I know for a fact that JJP holds the rights to HP and they acquired them about 2 years ago (or they did at least.. things may have changed since then). I personally know someone that was present when it happened at Warner Brothers Studios.

That's amazing news if it holds. I'm sure pinball companies lock up licensed themes years ahead of time due to development time and a bunch of other reasons.

I really hope a HP pin by JJP covers all 8 films and that there's a set of modes plus a mini wizard mode for each of the 7 years required at Hogwarts

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

We're onto you. We know you're a mole for JJP. >.> :p

#605 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

We're onto you. We know you're a mole for JJP. >.> :p

Wrong coast for that... lol. But I am pretty local to Warner Brothers Studios...

#606 5 years ago

If JJP actually makes Wonka, GNR, TS and HP in the next two to three years then they may actually become a thriving company....if they can get their manufacturing speed up to snuff.

#608 5 years ago

i love that guys channel. i stumbled upon his liar liar and my cousin vinny analysis a few months ago.

#609 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

So it will be YBR, WWCF, GnR, TS and HP. Gonna be a good two years for JJP.

My sources concur with first four in your release sequence. Confirmation of hp license looks doubtful.

#610 5 years ago

I really don’t see the need for another GnR pin, but I’m not a fan of band pins in general.

#611 5 years ago

I would be all over a gnr and the rest of these rumored games. Seriously look forward to every jjp release more than anything.

#612 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I really don’t see the need for another GnR pin, but I’m not a fan of band pins in general.

Fully agree with that. Why do a repeat? Better yet, if you want a music pin pick one that will be generally liked by most.

#613 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Fully agree with that. Why do a repeat? Better yet, if you want a music pin pick one that will be generally liked by most, like Michael Jackson or the like.

I guess you haven't heard about the recent expose and even more allegations.
Disgusting

#614 5 years ago

No I haven’t. If all true and probably it is, tough to pick a music pin then. Original themes like Dialed In is better anyway. Our money goes to the game and not some heavy licensing fees.

#615 5 years ago

Jackson has had allegations for decades, but GnR are no saints or strangers to racism and homophobia.

#616 5 years ago

If we're just talking general chit chat about games would like to see I would remortgage my house for a jjp wide body Blues Brothers

#617 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's amazing news if it holds. I'm sure pinball companies lock up licensed themes years ahead of time due to development time and a bunch of other reasons.

If true, such a project would need PLENTY of time in development, and I'm happy for them to use all the time they think it takes to do it right.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I really hope a HP pin by JJP covers all 8 films and that there's a set of modes plus a mini wizard mode for each of the 7 years required at Hogwarts

A JJP HP game would have to be a mega-grand fan service fest with gratuitous flourishes everywhere, like maybe having some stuff in the pin that was only in the books. Think of ALL that film content though... is that Keefer cracking his knuckles? Oh dear.

As the only top 10 film franchise without a pin, it's the biggest of the biggest missing pinball licenses for a number of reasons. A well executed JJP HP game could be the TAF of the 2020s and be made for years.

#618 5 years ago

People talking about GnR not being a popular band title are out of their minds. Why not remake a superstar band that was done 20+ years ago? You will be hard pressed to find a more widely liked rock band for all generations. JJP will do it better than data east, no doubt.

#619 5 years ago

It’s about demographics. Yeah dudes in their 40-50s who grew up listening to GnR still like them but teens and people in their 20s? Their parents will be at GnR shows not them.

#620 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

It’s about demographics. Yeah dudes in their 40-50s who grew up listening to GnR still like them but teens and people in their 20s? Their parents will be at GnR shows not them.

Speaking of demographics, on average, people in their 40s-50s also have more disposable income than people in their teens and 20s.

#621 5 years ago

I told the old lady that WW might be coming. I never saw her get so excited about a pin. She immediately started coming up with ideas for it.

#622 5 years ago

Literally, Kaneda confirmed this morning what JJPs plans are. Short episode literally posted this morning. Literally.

#623 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Literally, Kaneda confirmed this morning what JJPs plans are. Short episode literally posted this morning. Literally.

If by confirmed you mean "another source of rumors" then yes?

#624 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

If by confirmed you mean "another source of rumors" then yes?

His enthusiasm did not appear to come off as “hey, I heard from some guy”, it sounded like he was 100% confident in what he was telling us.

Time will tell for sure.

#625 5 years ago

Since we are talking demographics, I've never heard a single pinball person talk about Harry Potter. GNR is a much better choice for the pinball crowd, based on what pinball people are typically into.

#626 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

His enthusiasm did not appear to come off as “hey, I heard from some guy”, it sounded like he was 100% confident in what he was telling us.
Time will tell for sure.

Yea he is very convincing. I also think what he says about YBR makes sense. Not removing features, but if anything have an "improved" version of the features. A stripped down 250 run special edition makes zero sense from a business standpoint for JJP. But WW and TS both by Lawlor and both standard body sounds very exciting. I was very worried that TS would be missing a lot of IP/assets, but from the sound of this that may not be the case. And Eric designing GNR would be AWESOME. I am not a fan of band pins, but GNR is the one pin my wife and I would both be into.

#627 5 years ago

Willy Wonka? I hope not. I would love to add a JJ game to my collection but they keep on adding kid theme games. Yes, I did like Wizard of Oz as a kid but as an adult I do not want the game. The same with the Hobbit.

Dialed In: I don't want a cell phone themed game. I like to disconnect from the cell phone distractions that I have all day when I play pinball.

#628 5 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Willy Wonka? I hope not. I would love to add a JJ game to my collection but they keep on adding kid theme games. Yes, I did like Wizard of Oz as a kid but as an adult I do not want the game. The same with the Hobbit.
Dialed In: I don't want a cell phone themed game. I like to disconnect from the cell phone distractions that I have all day when I play pinball.

I'd hardly call most of the JJP Pins "kid themed". Pirates, DI, Hobbit, WW, and TS all have a huge adult following.

#629 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

I've never heard a single pinball person talk about Harry Potter. GNR is a much better choice for the pinball crowd, based on what pinball people are typically into.

I agree, you don't hear pining for Potter at pin events. For sure, a GnR game hits the current pin demo very squarely and a potential JJP GnR game will likely be fantastic and very well received.

However if I'm running a pin company I also want to have product for those who want a game their kids will be into, and kids can be pretty effective sales facilitators. I'm not a HP fan but the commercial and cultural juggernaut that is HP is tough to deny, and those that grew up with it will have expendable income in the coming years. Who knows, they may want to relive their crazy bar-hopping pin playing days of the late 2010s with a theme they love.

#630 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Since we are talking demographics, I've never heard a single pinball person talk about Harry Potter. GNR is a much better choice for the pinball crowd, based on what pinball people are typically into.

I can see GNR being popular in a bar setting but when it comes to people dropping $8k--$10k for a home pinball machine I think a HP pin would easily outsell GNR.

#631 5 years ago

The past few years of pinball have produced tons of great themes that resonate with me. These newly speculated themes do absolutely nothing for me. Everyone seems to think that Toy Story and Willy Wonka will do wonders for JJP though, so I guess I'm just out of touch on this.

Personally, I wish that JJP had gotten the licenses for Alien and The Big Lebowski. Those, I would have bought for sure.

Pirates might end up being the best JJP theme for me. Yikes! Lol

#632 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

The past few years of pinball have produced tons of great themes that resonate with me. These newly speculated themes do absolutely nothing for me. Everyone seems to think that Toy Story and Willy Wonka will do wonders for JJP though, so I guess I'm just out of touch on this.
Personally, I wish that JJP had gotten the licenses for Alien and The Big Lebowski. Those, I would have bought for sure.
Pirates might end up being the best JJP theme for me. Yikes! Lol

Toy Story will kill. I'm not sure about WW even though I'm a fan.

#633 5 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Your loss. DI is an awesome game. Don't understand the bitching about the "cell phone". It's just an information screen, really...and it's integrated beautifully.

#634 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I can see GNR being popular in a bar setting but when it comes to people dropping $8k--$10k for a home pinball machine I think a HP pin would easily outsell GNR.

I'd probably totally take that bet. I think GnR would easily outsell a HP pin. Most of us that have disposable income to buy JJP machines,are an age that have a connection with GnR, and not really HP. Who knows, it could prove to be a different story, when the rubber meets the road.

#635 5 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I'd probably totally take that bet. I think GnR would easily outsell a HP pin. Most of us that have disposable income to buy JJP machines,are an age that have a connection with GnR, and not really HP. Who knows, it could prove to be a different story, when the rubber meets the road.

I'm a huge gnr fan and would easily pick gnr over HP.

That being said HP will absolutely tear GnR apart sales wise. In fact I think HP would beat any theme period. The appeal that game has is crazy.

#636 5 years ago

HHP would do very well. Great family pin.

#637 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Your loss. DI is an awesome game. Don't understand the bitching about the "cell phone". It's just an information screen, really...and it's integrated beautifully.

Setting theme aside (which I personally enjoy), DI is probably the greatest game of all time. Shots, toys, call-outs, theme integration, art work, etc are all top notch. In the future, I can see JJP re-skinning this theme with something more in demand. It such a great layout! Honestly, I wasn't thrilled with the theme at first. After spending many, MAAAAAANY hours playing, I'll be damned; it grew on me! To this very day, I'm tied between IMDN and DILE being my all time favorites.

#638 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Time will tell for sure.

The only thing that was new was that both WW and TS are both designed by Pat.

YBR , WW, TS and then GNR is fairly established.

It's when they get debuted, that is the question!

#639 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

People talking about GnR not being a popular band title are out of their minds. Why not remake a superstar band that was done 20+ years ago? You will be hard pressed to find a more widely liked rock band for all generations. JJP will do it better than data east, no doubt.

Well, according to pinside, POTC is a terrible theme, so hard to judge any opinions here.

#640 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Well, according to pinside, POTC is a terrible theme, so hard to judge any opinions here.

I don't like IMDN music, own the pin. I hate Johnny Depp and wasn't a fan of the Pirates movie....have one on order.
If it's a good pin, that's all that matters.

#641 5 years ago

If all that Kaneda says is correct, it will be very hard for me to pass on an Oktoberfest. I will check it out closely at the TPF and go from there. JJP pins are always my top choice but I just am not that crazy about WW and TS probably won't show up until early 2020.

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I don't like IMDN music, own the pin. I hate Johnny Depp and wasn't a fan of the Pirates movie....have one on order.
If it's a good pin, that's all that matters.

There's probably a point somewhere theme-wise at which I'd struggle, but to me, in most cases a good pin is a good pin regardless of the theme.

I've never seen any of the Pirates movies and am neutral about IMDN music, but I struggled choosing between the two pins because they're both fantastic games.

I'm also pretty neutral about Wonka and Toy Story as themes, but look who's involved with producing them. Chances are good that either or both of them are going to be really, really good pins.

#643 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

If all that Kaneda says is correct, it will be very hard for me to pass on an Oktoberfest. I will check it out closely at the TPF and go from there. JJP pins are always my top choice but I just am not that crazy about WW and TS probably won't show up until early 2020.

Grain of salt IMO. 2 weeks ago he was sure that TS was first, but now suddenly WW is first.

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The only thing that was new was that both WW and TS are both designed by Pat.
YBR , WW, TS and then GNR is fairly established.
It's when they get debuted, that is the question!

Based on the rumors over the years it makes me think WW was started/originally someone else and Pat came in to finish. Also makes me think YBR has been in the fold for a while and was just waiting for a good time to break up releases/add lead time to a major release (second most likely, JJP doesn’t need help breaking up releases).
I also thought when they reveled DI and showed off the new standard body cab that would be what they used going forward outside of the next game (pirates) but that must have been assumed I can’t find any facts or quotes to back that up now.

#645 5 years ago

And yet more rumors suggest Deeproot are going to blow everyone away!

Fun year for sure

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

#647 5 years ago

Came home from work yesterday and my daughter and wife were watching Willy Wonka. Told them the pin might be coming soon. I now have the go a head to get a WWCF when it comes out. Will be my first BIB.

#648 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Time will tell for sure.

much of the info in the short ep 314 comes from the talk with a distributor ep 313

#649 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

New to this thread but very interested. Sorry I have to ask, who is Kaneda, what episode are you talking about, and what are the plans?

#650 5 years ago

Here's what was said on Kanedas latest podcast about JJP. Sounds like great news all around.

1. WOZ Yellow Brick Road edition revealed at TPF, not a stripped down version, limited to 250 games (maybe marketed as a CE level game at a high price?)
2. Next new game is for sure Willy Wonka, don't expect to see anything until May / June
3. Pirates no longer in production and may or may not come back due to WOZ YBR's needing to be built
4. Toy Story is after Willy Wonka
5. Both Willy Wonka and Toy Story are designed by Pat Lawlor
6. Toy Story was supposed to come out before Willy Wonka but the original deal inked between Disney and JJP had the same issue as Pirates licensing (limited assets)
7. Toy Story licensing being renegotiated to obtain more assets, person who inked original deal no longer works at JJP
8. Willy Wonka will have full assets
9. Eric likely designing Guns and Rose's
10. Kaneda thinks 2019 will be JJP's most successful year ever, will struggle to keep up with orders

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/13?hl=kirboturbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.