210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 34.
#502 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Ok, it wont let me link for some reason.... this is from Knapp Arcades FB post (just adding fuel to the fire, nothing really concrete so take it with a grain of salt.
[quoted image]

It sounds like production speed and capacity is likely to remain their biggest problem, assuming that text is an accurate reflection of what Jack said.

If Wonka is title #5, and it's anything like as good as their other releases, they really need to be able to build more than 2000 units of it this year.

250 units of WOZ, especially if it's a new version, will barely scratch the surface of demand.

Appears that any more PotCs after title #5 hits the main line will be on an ad hoc squeezed in basis, like WOZ is now, with #6 supposedly launching in the autumn. With a sizeable waiting list, that isn't ideal.

Sounds like a hell of a lot of unfulfilled demand to me.

Say they add significantly greater capacity in 2020 ... I'd have thought that would coincide with a downturn in the market ...

#503 5 years ago

What downturn? Nothing goes up for ever but I think pinball demand will remain strong. What signs are you seeing that validate your gloomy forecast?

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

What if wonka really is rumored to be a rethemed woz? (JJP following in Stern's footsteps of taking one layout and re-using it ALA big juicy melons, can crusher, primus). If true, how much are they going to change beyond artwork? (I assume pops would be oompa loompas, witch would be perhaps slugworth. Upper left could be the entrance to the factory, the house spinning could be replaced with a glass elevator).

This will never happen. Why would pat reuse a current table? He’s a top designer and doesn’t need someone else’s hand me down to be successful. No one will wish to buy a reskin of any of the four tables as good as they each are, won’t happen.

#505 5 years ago

And I know it won’t happen because I spoke to Jack directly about this.

#506 5 years ago

We have 1 pinball machine - Lord of the Rings . We decided that 2 will be the number of machines in our house, and are playing a lot of newer games on location to determine which one to likely get NIB. (FYI, Star Wars (Pro) and The Beatles (Gold Edition) are top candidates so far due to theme and quicker ball times, but more research is needed...)

If Willy Wonka is released by JJP, my wife decreed that we would make room for a 3rd game.

I hope that one of the toys is the bed in Charlie's house, and we get to bash Grandpa Joe all day long. He's the real villain in that story.

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Eric is working on Willy.

#Fakenews

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Dialed-In rethemed as Willy Wonka would be an immediate buy from me.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

No JJP rethemes please! For $8k-$10k these games need to be original designs in my opinion.

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

I hope that one of the toys is the bed in Charlie's house, and we get to bash Grandpa Joe all day long. He's the real villain in that story.

Ha awesome!

Kinda like the Karate Kid:

#510 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Ha awesome!
Kinda like the Karate Kid:

Theory, more like delusion. The guy has been off his lithium too long.

#511 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Hope you're right, Pat needs to be on Toy Story!

#512 5 years ago

If WW is a standard body and TS isba wide then Pat is surely working on WW

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

God I hope not, better be Lawlor

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

God I hope not, better be Lawlor

I would listen to mnpinball.

#515 5 years ago

Not sure when things changed but for the past year or 2 i thought/was told pat was on toy s but i heard this week from someone usually pretty reliable that hopefully at tpf pat/jjp will be releasing wonka. I like toy s but i love pat/ di so I'll probably be getting wonka.

#516 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not sure when things changed but for the past year or 2 i thought/was told pat was on toy s but i heard this week from someone usually pretty reliable that hopefully at tpf pat/jjp will be releasing wonka. I like toy s but i love pat/ di so I'll probably be getting wonka.

To me it makes a lot of sense if Eric does Toy Story since it was a movie more for/from his generation, and Wonka was Pat's generation. Both movies do transcend generations to an extent though.

#517 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

If WW is a standard body and TS isba wide then Pat is surely working on WW

WW is Whirlwind - maybe WiWo ?

#518 5 years ago

WWO and TSY

#519 5 years ago

Are Mr. Lawlor and Mr. Meunier the only folks doing design lead at JJP at the moment ? Assuming they are and assuming JJP releases two games this year, what will they release in 2020?

#520 5 years ago

Hoping they release in 2020, MOon walker...MJ and Harry P. Of course GNR, but that’d be another table already done in the past by Stern, like POTC. Don’t we have enough of doubling up? Yes I know JJP versions are better.

#521 5 years ago

Need some spy shots pronto!

#522 5 years ago

ALL I KNOW IS THIS FOR A FACT.....

THIS WIILL BE THE POWDER COATED DOOR DESIGN FOR WILLY WONKA COLLECTORS EDITION.

ITS A PROTOTYPE AND I AM SO CONFIDENT, I HAD MINE FRAMED.

well...I can dream ..cant.I, Is that.not what the movie is about? Dreams that come true.

20190208_054625 (resized).jpg20190208_054625 (resized).jpg20190208_054640 (resized).jpg20190208_054640 (resized).jpg
#523 5 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

WW is Whirlwind - maybe WiWo ?

CCF=Charlie and the Chocolate factory

#524 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

ALL I KNOW IS THIS FOR A FACT.....
THIS WIILL BE THE POWDER COATED DOOR DESIGN FOR WILLY WONKA COLLECTORS EDITION.
ITS A PROTOTYPE AND I AM SO CONFIDENT, I HAD MINE FRAMED.
well...I can dream ..cant.I, Is that.not what the movie is about? Dreams that come true.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's definitely a keepsake to hold onto.

#525 5 years ago

Call me crazy, but I feel like the toy story pin is not happening. Disney tends to tighten up on licenses they have when there is something major going on with that license. With the opening of toy story land at disneyworld recently, and a new movie coming mid 2019, I feel like they would not have allowed the license use for this theme. I know people will be quick to jump at GOTG as an example of a movie release and pin of the same release in the same year (2017 movie and stern machine) but Marvel, while owned by Disney, is not necessarily controlled in the same manner.

I dunno that's my thought. Where did the toy story "rumor" come from anyways? How did it start?

#526 5 years ago

I would vote for a re themed DI, eventually. I really enjoy playing the game but disasters aren't my thing.

After reading in the Pirates thread that production will be halted, the latest thoughts are that JJP5 may be ship fairly soon after being announced. This would be amazing.

#527 5 years ago

DI is not going to be re-themed, if ever. The table is brilliant the way it is. It’s campy humor and a blast to play. I’m not into disasters, but the jokes in this game are plenty and fun, making the table a hit theme wise. I love my Dialed In and it would anger all of us owners if Jack did re-theme it. Which he won’t because I asked him directly before spending $10k.

No one wants to buy a re-themed table at nearly $10k. Just ask the Beatlewitch market, the theme alone should sell the table, but people are staying away in the droves, at such high prices being a 1980 re-themed Seawitch. At the high prices Stern is asking, can you imagine how well it would have sold if it was a Magical Mystery Tour or Abbey Road modern original 2019 table? Even at such high PRICES it would have been a sellout. Stern really blew the Beatles license. Beatlewitch is not selling well at all and hopefully Sern has learned their lesson and won’t punish the market again with a high price license done through Ka-Pow.

#528 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

No one wants to buy a re-themed table at nearly $10k.

You say that, but how much did Supreme sell for?

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's a much different situation imo..

#530 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The Supreme pin sold for a much more reasonable multiple (~4x usual) than the brick (~100x usual) that Supreme fans bought, too. The pin was a relative bargain compared to the brick based on markup.

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Come on, Supreme is a crazy business model and everyone knows that. There’s no comparison.

#532 5 years ago

I'm not buying the retheme rumor.

I hope it's a Wonka lawlor production bc I much prefer Wonka than toy story

Can't wait for jjp gnr. They might as well just drive the game from the factory to my house once they're done.

#533 5 years ago

Serious question. Say Jack announced today Willy Wonka is next, how long would it be before the first one shipped? Would it even happen in 2019?

#534 5 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Serious question. Say Jack announced today Willy Wonka is next, how long would it be before the first one shipped? Would it even happen in 2019?

The thought is yes. Jack said he doesn’t want to announce games until they are nearly ready to ship. So announce game then start shipping within a month maybe?

On that note:
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and make the bet that toy story is not happening and is not in the works.

#535 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The thought is yes. Jack said he doesn’t want to announce games until they are nearly ready to ship. So announce game then start shipping within a month maybe?
On that note:
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and make the bet that toy story is not happening and is not in the works.

Since the machine would be exposed to the workers, I would think more leaks would come out (sworn to secrecy or not) plus Jack allows tours to the public, so I cant imagine the next title is on the line. We have all seen the doors of secrecy at the stern Factory LOL

#536 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Of course GNR, but that’d be another table already done in the past by Stern

Actually Data East, but to your point, yes. I have a GnR and will happily add another CE JJP GnR to my collection the second it is announced!

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

so I cant imagine the next title is on the line

It's not on the line. The have said they will finish up making POTC in March. I assume that's on the main line. TPF is in late March. Maybe announce at TPF, switch over the main line in April and start producing the new game in May. Meanwhile the second line will run YBR WOZ (if it's not already). Or if they miss TPF, they can announce at MGC.

#538 5 years ago

The podcast that shall not be named says no JJP reveal at TPF.

#539 5 years ago

Can any one tell me which JJP video on YouTube explains how Liar's dice is played in the game. My wife had an outstanding game today and was well on her way when she got the Liars dice screen. She did not know how to proceed and I didn't either. I gave her some stupid direction and she lost half of her accumulated score. I would not want to have to guess how to proceed again. So, help please...

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

no JJP reveal at TPF.

I want a willy wonka machine, NOW.

#541 5 years ago

Give me Willy Wanka!

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

WELL, THAT IS JUST STUPID ISN'T IT. HOPE IT'S WRONG.

#543 5 years ago

I hope it's right so I can see the reveal at MGC instead. :p

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

JJP will reveal when it's ready to go on the line. Whether that coincides with TPF will remain to be seen. And what does it matter if it's at a show or not? Stern has repeatedly shown that you don't need to reveal at a show to sell machines.

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I want a willy wonka machine, NOW.

Quoted from WODKA:

Give me Willy Wanka!

Quoted from arcadem:

WELL, THAT IS JUST STUPID ISN'T IT. HOPE IT'S WRONG.

64456168-D52D-4FB2-8061-855F57EF5F6E (resized).jpeg64456168-D52D-4FB2-8061-855F57EF5F6E (resized).jpeg

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

NOW THAT IS JUST FUNNY! YOU HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR MY FRIEND.

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

NOW THAT IS JUST FUNNY! YOU HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR MY FRIEND.

What is with the yelling?

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I hope it's right so I can see the reveal at MGC instead. :p

Sorry brotha, looks like JJP is going to be at TPF.... https://texaspinball.com/tpf/

Quoted from DCFAN:

What is with the yelling?

Seriously, no yelling!

#549 5 years ago

Word is WOZ YBR at TPF, no new game yet.

Quoted from lurch:

Sorry brotha, looks like JJP is going to be at TPF.... https://texaspinball.com/tpf/

Seriously, no yelling!

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Word is WOZ YBR at TPF, no new game yet.

Would make sense, otherwise they would have announced Pat L would be at TPF. Damn it, I want a new game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

9,600 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.