210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 34.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

That is bs to blame JJP for the impact of sales taxes voted in by your legislature. If you don't like sales taxes vote the people out who pass them but don't blame businesses that have to collect them. Or do you think that JJP should absorb them on your behalf????

The tax applies to you too! That said I cetrainly dont expect JJP to take a hit on my behalf. But I do expect them to find more ways of keeping prices down.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

If he can’t or won’t spend 10k on a pin he shouldn’t be chastised for that. Higher taxes cause us all to lose, is I think what his point was. Unfortunately the voting populace in this country is fine with continued voting for two sides of the same coin, moving us in the same direction ultimately. Until that changes, nothing else will.

Yes we all lose. Certainly didnt expect that response though! Rough crowd I guess. I just meant that JJP should be considerate when setting their prices that wether or not they like it there has already been a price on their games.

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

The tax applies to you too! That said I cetrainly dont expect JJP to take a hit on my behalf. But I do expect them to find more ways of keeping prices down.

Yes we all lose. Certainly didnt expect that response though! Rough crowd I guess.

Sorry probably came off harsher than I intended

#453 5 years ago
#454 5 years ago

Believe me, that would be on my list too! Rumors are usually correct, so im gonna say this is a very long shot!

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Believe me, that would be on my list too! Rumors are usually correct, so im gonna say this is a very long shot!

It's happening, but is almost certainly 2020. JJP is backed up because of the Pirates delays. They pretty much have to go Wonka, Toy Story 2019/2020, GNR 2020 even though Fall 2019 GNR would make the most sense as they are launching a huge tour.

#456 5 years ago

What’s this new tax law? I must have missed something

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

What’s this new tax law? I must have missed something

since the government didn't think that people were actually declaring all of their "online" purchases, they have now made it mandatory for all people selling over state lines to collect that states sales tax (after certain criteria are met)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-new-pinball-purchase-will-be-taxed-

make sure you have A LOT of time to read this.

#458 5 years ago

I’m excited about WW but wish it was a wide body. I think JJ did a great job with flow and speed on Pirates and I like the extra real estate for Features.
As far as the wonka films, while the original is the classic, the Burton version did an outstanding job of reimagining the original. If it wasn’t a departure In a new direction, there would be no reason to do the project other than a money grab. And it might have been Depp’s last decent work before he departed to Bordeaux island.

I plan to watch both of them again.

——— please note I can’t seem to delete this post or the images attached to it from this ipad or iPhone

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I rewatched the 1964 willy wonka yesterday. The movie is one of my top ten films in life.

Well, then you should know the movie was released in 1971.

Roald Dahl‘s book came out in 1964.

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The theme is fine, but the game is boring after a while. Even with the newer code, it's just too repetitive. Earned like crap after the first few months and was sold on the route I help with. I don't hear any operators saying it's a top earner these days.

I’ve had it on location along with a MMR so it’s interesting to compare their relative earnings. Over a time period of 12 months, DI has earnt 59% more than MMR. There was no doubt a bit of the curiosity factor early on drove coin drop and over the last 6 months the gap has closed to 16%. But it’s still beating the number 1 rated game most months after a year.

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

I’ve had it on location along with a MMR so it’s interesting to compare their relative earnings. Over a time period of 12 months, DI has earnt 59% more than MMR. There was no doubt a bit of the curiosity factor early on drove coin drop and over the last 6 months the gap has closed to 16%. But it’s still beating the number 1 rated game most months after a year.

But is it a top earner now? Beating the #1 rated game is not the same as beating the #1 earner, or even being a top 3 earner. On a route it doesn't matter what a game is rated by hardcore players, only what it earns.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But is it a top earner now? Beating the #1 rated game is not the same as beating the #1 earner, or even being a top 3 earner. On a route it doesn't matter what a game is rated by hardcore players, only what it earns.

Yes, most months it is the top earner. MMR has beaten it 2 months out of the last 6. DI won January by $26.

#463 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Yes, most months it is the top earner. MMR has beaten it 2 months out of the last 6. DI won January by $26.

That's pretty much the exact opposite from the experience on the route here and with US OPs I've talked to. But then again, that makes sense given that you're in the upside-down.

We'll keep trying JJPs on the route I help with, though. Even though Hobbit and Dialed In didn't have staying power, WoZ still does great (though it's been off route when I did the 2.0 update). Wonka, Toy Story, and GnR should all be winning themes on route.

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

How has it done verse licensed themes

#465 5 years ago

Just seen this on facebook. No real info though.

"Pat Lawler's new, Willy Wonka! discuss....( by Jersey Jack)"

wwcf (resized).jpgwwcf (resized).jpg
#466 5 years ago

So Wonka is pats new pin? I thought toy s was gonna be his?

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just seen this on facebook. No real info though.
"Pat Lawler's new, Willy Wonka! discuss....( by Jersey Jack)"
[quoted image]

Can you link to the Facebook post? I don’t see it on the JJP Facebook page anywhere. I don’t think this was posted by anyone official. I mean it’s just a pic of a poster advertisement of a local theater group putting on willy wonka.... Lawlor is also spelled with an o not an e.

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Can you link to the Facebook post? I don’t see it on the JJP Facebook page anywhere. I don’t think this was posted by anyone official. I mean it’s just a pic of a poster advertisement of a local theater group putting on willy wonka.... Lawlor is also spelled with an o not an e.

It was just in a chat group. Nothing official. Was surprised that they said Pat was the designer.

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

It was just in a chat group. Nothing official. Was surprised that they said Pat was the designer.

Who actually said it? Jack himself?

#470 5 years ago

Ok, it wont let me link for some reason.... this is from Knapp Arcades FB post (just adding fuel to the fire, nothing really concrete so take it with a grain of salt.

knapp arcade (resized).jpgknapp arcade (resized).jpg
#472 5 years ago

Dudes it's happening, believe!

#473 5 years ago

I've listened all the way to 42mn, then gave up it became quite boring. And Jack doesn't say anything that's written above except that they have 2 games scheduled for 2019 and that they want to announce them "ideally" when they are ready to ship. Then they mostly talk about general industrial considerations and mention Meunier and Lawlor designing, but as Jack says JJP has 2 designers, so it's not a surprise that they are designing pinball...

So in short, the "combined tidbits" are basically combined bs.

The one big new news actually not mentioned above is that Bandai Namco is now JJP distributor in Asia. He is also talking about licensing from them, which would open a bunch of doors. Quite the partnership Jack got there !

#474 5 years ago

Isnt Keith still at JJP?

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The one big new news actually not mentioned above is that Bandai Namco is now JJP distributor in Asia. He is also talking about licensing from them, which would open a bunch of doors. Quite the partnership Jack got there !

A lot of pinball people probably have no idea what it is, but I think Katamari would make a pretty cool theme for a pin. You could create some good risk/reward factor by shooting shots to build up your katamari to a certain size and cash it out or keep shooting to for a bigger pay out the more shots you hit in a mode, kinda like the "Crank it up" modes in Metallica.

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Isnt Keith still at JJP?

Yes.

LTG : )

#477 5 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

A lot of pinball people probably have no idea what it is, but I think Katamari would make a pretty cool theme for a pin. You could create some good risk/reward factor by shooting shots to build up your katamari to a certain size and cash it out or keep shooting to for a bigger pay out the more shots you hit in a mode, kinda like the "Crank it up" modes in Metallica.

Problem with Bandai Namco is there are literally dozens of licenses much better known that would likely sell a lot more.

#478 5 years ago

Galaga themed pin?
Pac-man themed pin?

#479 5 years ago

Tekken or Soul Calibur could be pretty cool with a big character roster like Pirates. If they're trying to appeal to a younger audience than they have in the past, you could certainly do worse than DBZ or Naruto. Dark Souls seems like a bad fit for JJP tonally, but there's probably a pretty cool and brutally hard pin in there somewhere too.

#480 5 years ago

W Wonka is huge across the globe

Not a theme for me but my lady likes it alot

Wonka is alive here in Australia now

I think Pat will make this one really nice
WK2 (resized).jpgWK2 (resized).jpgWonk 1 (resized).jpgWonk 1 (resized).jpg

sh1 (resized).jpgsh1 (resized).jpg

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

This is big news, could lead to some cool licenses and should also get a lot more pinball in Asia.

#482 5 years ago

Saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory musical stage show in Toronto. Would not recommend if you're a serious musical buff, but the kids liked it. Some very strong points (violet beauregarde was genis,) but overall it was mediocre.
STILL, it definitely speaks to the prolonged popularity of the IP

#483 5 years ago

Quite excited to see what Pat and team come up with for this title. If all the songs and assests are there, it’ll be a shoe in for game of the year! Sure it will be packed with toys, ramps, deep software and light shows!!

#484 5 years ago

as long as we dont have to spell scrumdiddlyumptious like "rainbow" on WOZ im good

#485 5 years ago

No No No ! Don’t do it Jack ! Working on grabbing a Hobbit to complete your games but I will definitely pass on WW !

F23CEB09-1117-424D-99D7-77A39688DD0A (resized).jpegF23CEB09-1117-424D-99D7-77A39688DD0A (resized).jpeg
#486 5 years ago

What if wonka really is rumored to be a rethemed woz? (JJP following in Stern's footsteps of taking one layout and re-using it ALA big juicy melons, can crusher, primus). If true, how much are they going to change beyond artwork? (I assume pops would be oompa loompas, witch would be perhaps slugworth. Upper left could be the entrance to the factory, the house spinning could be replaced with a glass elevator).

#487 5 years ago

Hate to tell you but this idea has already been floated around on this forum as well as reskinning DI. And, here you thought you had a great and original idea.

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Hate to tell you but this idea has already been floated around on this forum as well as reskinning DI. And, here you thought you had a great and original idea.

I must have wrote that wrong. Wasn't implying I had this idea, I was saying what if the speculation is true? I can't fathom JJP suddenly releasing 2 pins in the same year when they can barely push out one game every 2 years. there HAS to be some sort of shortcut.

#489 5 years ago

A YBR WOZ and WOZ rethemed WW? No.

#490 5 years ago

No retheme.... wonka will be awesome if pats on it.

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I must have wrote that wrong. Wasn't implying I had this idea, I was saying what if the speculation is true? I can't fathom JJP suddenly releasing 2 pins in the same year when they can barely push out one game every 2 years. there HAS to be some sort of shortcut.

Hiring Pat Lawlor to do a retheme, that would be a major waste !

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Hiring Pat Lawlor to do a retheme, that would be a major waste !

Maybe he's not working on it, he's working on the next next game. He designed family guy, which became shrek.

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Maybe he's not working on it, he's working on the next next game. He designed family guy, which became shrek.

I’d be pretty confident saying it was Stern’s decision to re-theme Family Guy not Pats, he seems to have a lot of creative freedom at JJP (smart move on Jacks part) so I can’t see Pat settling for a re-theme he’s a creative guy.

#494 5 years ago

Retheming to make a Willy Wonka would be a waste of the Wonka theme.

#495 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Pirates backed up their release schedule, so they have stuff that's been done or close to done for a while. Would be nice to see Jack finally achieve his two games in one year goal at last. He's been trying to get there for 2 years, at least, but Pirates disc-gate was the latest fly in the ointment.

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Family Guy was aimed at a narrow audience so it made sense to retheme with a wider audience license. WOZ is a hit and there is still a lot of demand for it. WOZ and WW adress the same audience, it would make no sense to do a retheme.

In short : I'm willing to bet a 100$ on it.

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pirates backed up their release schedule, so they have stuff that's been done or close to done for a while. Would be nice to see Jack finally achieve his two games in one year goal at last. He's been trying to get there for 2 years, at least, but Pirates disc-gate was the latest fly in the ointment.

That’s the silver lining on that cloud, pirates being so delayed has probably been a big assist in allowing JJP to catch up in other areas and get to the 2 games a year goal moving forward, I’d love to see JJP banging out 2 titles a year more choice is good!

#498 5 years ago

Dialed-In rethemed as Willy Wonka would be an immediate buy from me.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Retheming to make a Willy Wonka would be a waste of the Wonka theme.

Its 100% not going to be a retheme.

#500 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Eric is working on Willy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-/page/10?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.