210CF818-78CE-450E-AC94-F94B77AEFC5C (resized).jpeg
ww (resized).png
tJ ww (resized).jpg
tom-and-jerry-wizard-of-oz-post[1] (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-152058 (resized).png
E38A78B8-E018-43E8-AD8A-7C1DCEA56704 (resized).jpeg
i-just-cant-quit-you (resized).jpg
CECFBC5F-1A12-4E0A-A29A-639B29A49B8B (resized).png

There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 34.
#1 5 years ago

Just wondering is Willy Wonka from Jersey Jack going to happen and is it the next pin to come out ?

I read a while back that it would be their next pin, but haven't heard anything for ages , has anyone heard any updates as to if that is true ?

Huge fan of the movie as a kid and still am and my kids love it too , I would be in straight away and think Jersey Jack and the team would make a superb pin with this title and I myself would be an instant buyer.

If anyone knows anything one way or the other would love to hear about it.

#2 5 years ago

Lots of speculation. Pat has his next 2 games being worked on and Eric has his going as well.

#3 5 years ago

I don't know nothing but people have been rumoring and posting that the next JJP games are in this order Toy story, Guns N roses, and Willy Wonka.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I don't know nothing but people have been rumoring and posting that the next JJP games are in this order Toy story, Guns N roses, and Willy Wonka.

Orders changes, licenses come and go. I really hope the wonka license is real.

#5 5 years ago

Expect it to be announced in 2020 and shipping in 2025

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Orders changes, licenses come and go. I really hope the wonka license is real.

Hoping for the 1970s version.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Expect it to be announced in 2020 and shipping in 2025

Don't exaggerate. Announced 2019 shipping late 2020 with a cartwheel in early 2020 to give false hope.

Personally I do not get all of the Willy Wonka love. Strange movie and a strange theme for pinball for my tastes. Sounds like there is a lot of interest though so apparently JJP knows a lot better then I do on this one. Happy for those that want one to be able to get one, it just is not gonna be one that interests me.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Don't exaggerate. Announced 2019 shipping late 2020 with a cartwheel in early 2020 to give false hope.
Personally I do not get all of the Willy Wonka love. Strange movie and a strange theme for pinball for my tastes. Sounds like there is a lot of interest though so apparently JJP knows a lot better then I do on this one. Happy for those that want one to be able to get one, it just is not gonna be one that interests me.

I always thought Wizard of Oz was a strange theme for pinball but JJP did an amazing job of it!

If they can give Willy Wonka the same over the top attention to detail that they gave WOZ, I can see it working. There’s certainly plenty of ideas that can be used as mechs, modes and shots.

#11 5 years ago

Every game should come with a chocolate bar. One bar has a golden ticket to win a free jjp title of your choice.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Every game should come with a chocolate bar. One bar has a golden ticket to win a free jjp title of your choice.

5 tickets that is

#13 5 years ago

I'd love to see music themed JJP game....although WW or TS would also have a great market appeal....my kids would probably enjoy both...I personally would love to see a GNR JJP pin

#14 5 years ago

I'm looking forward to JJPs upcoming rumored titles. Just a suggestion to make one or all of them standard body. I think Hobbit could have been done better as a standard body. The widebody for both WoZ and POTC is fitting, but don't feel the need to start with a widebody and cram a buncha stuff in it to fill it up. Standard bodies are more or less preferred. I couldn't imagine DI in a widebody.

Can't wait to see what JJP comes up with next. Wonka made in the same vein as WoZ could be a winner, except less rules Lawlor's Toy Story with Ted on the rules could be a huge winner.

#15 5 years ago

Wonka is a pretty beloved freaky old movie, Gene Wilder was a national treasure, and it fits right in with the usual JJP demographic so everybody - even the "why don't you do a Kanye West game" complainers - will be happy with plenty of stuff to work with.

If it's true I think this would probably be JJPs best theme so far

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

This is a really good PR move,they can even advertise it during the Super Bowl HaHa

#17 5 years ago

Which one is supposed to be the re-theme?

#18 5 years ago

I’m hoping for a really cool theme again - something like Dialed In. Just can’t warm up to movie and music pins.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Rumor also has it that Toy Story pin development was delayed because the movie was delayed. If JJP can use the movie assets, then they likely have to wait a period of time after the movie is released in late June to get some of those assets. Toy Story isn't going to be the next one. Someone in another thread posted that Jack told them in Texas that the license was too expensive for JJP. So ... that one has some rumors both ways. Wonka and GNR have some pretty strong rumors and coincidences.

#20 5 years ago

GnR doesn’t seem to fit the “Family Friendly” themes that JJP has introduced so far.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I’m hoping for a really cool theme again - something like Dialed In. Just can’t warm up to movie and music pins.

Sarcastic?

Wonka should crush it as a theme

#22 5 years ago

not at all actually. I do, of course, realize I’m swimming totally against the current (sigh).

#23 5 years ago

Can we agree to use the abbreviation WONK?

#24 5 years ago

Please no Wonka! Funhouse Revisited! Rudy turns into a zombie after the apocolypse and terrorizes the funhouse. killing all who enter in gruesome and terrifying ways!

#25 5 years ago

WWATCF or WWonk or WONKA but not just WONK- You might as well just throw in the “A”
(or just CATCF to respect the source material if anyone cared)

#26 5 years ago

Willy Wonka designed by Pat Lawlor sounds like an incredible pin

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hell yeah!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No matter how good the game without a price cut the game will fail.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Which one is supposed to be the re-theme?

I heard Wonka is a retheme of WOZ and Toy Story a retheme of DI. This is just speculation and rumors though.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

No matter how good the game without a price cut the game will fail.

I love JJP games (I've owned all three LE's), but I have to agree with you....They keep raising prices and I highly doubt the market can keep up.

#31 5 years ago

I would be first in line for a Wonka, as long as it's not a retheme of WOZ. If they do the same fantastic job they did on WOZ with theme integration, it will be a major hit.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I heard Wonka is a retheme of WOZ and Toy Story a retheme of DI. This is just speculation and rumors though.

I highly doubt any of JJP’s games will be rethemes that’s what Stern does not JJP!

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I highly doubt any of JJP’s games will be rethemes that’s what Stern does not JJP!

Pretty sure it was Jack who got Stern to retheme Family Guy into Shrek. I wouldn't put it past them for doing the same to DI down the road.

#34 5 years ago

Stern not JJP

#35 5 years ago

well, it would fit with the theme of licensed games from sources released in 1964.

#36 5 years ago

If Jack was the driving force behind Shrek then what makes you so confident he wouldn't do it at JJP? Saves a lot of R&D costs and perfect for a game like DI that shoots great but has a shitty theme.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

If Jack was the driving force behind Shrek then what makes you so confident he wouldn't do it at JJP? Saves a lot of R&D costs and perfect for a game like DI that shoots great but has a shitty theme.

Because Family Guy was on a very small market segment so it made sense to retheme it for a wider audience. Wonka and WOZ are not in the same situation at all, both are family themes, appeal to the same nostalgic fiber, but more than anything else there is still demand for WOZ and it would be a bit early and counterproductive for JJP to start retheming at game 5.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

GnR doesn’t seem to fit the “Family Friendly” themes that JJP has introduced so far.

Why slash is telling working on new one or is it a fake?

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I also heard DI was the base for a new machine, Shrek style. Came from a pretty good source too ...

That makes good business sense to me. Why not use something you’ve already invested in and market it to a different audience?

I said at the time (2013/14) - Stern should have rethemed AC/DC as KISS. Made perfect sense. Hotter Than Hell lower playfield, Love Gun cannon ... just slap on different art and different software and market it to the KISS fans.

rd

#40 5 years ago

Given that JJP's release schedule has clearly been delayed by Pirates, I would expect the next game to be shown at TPF (or somewhere else in Spring / early Summer).

This lines up with the Toy Story movie release in June, that has to be what they're doing.

If Wonka was ever next, I expect it's been pushed to the back of the queue (of the next 3).

Pat's Toy Story -> Eric's GnR -> Pat's Wonka.

Dunno about DI re-theme (Toy Story), but I'd imagine the next year would be far too soon for it to happen, though it could potentially happen further into the future.

WOZ re-theme will almost certainly not happen, and definitely not for Wonka. Wonka is Pat's game (anyone see him re-using someone else's layout?) and it would simultaneously kill sales of and cannibalise both WOZ & Wonka - doubly self defeating.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Love Gun cannon

Would love to see the mods for this idea...

#42 5 years ago

The possibilities are endless with this theme. Each the kids and their fates could easily be made into a whole bunch of modes. Augustus and the chocolate river. Veruca and the golden eggs, Violet turning into a giant blue pinball.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from ANTHONYROWAN:

Just wondering is Willy Wonka from Jersey Jack going to happen and is it the next pin to come out ?
I read a while back that it would be their next pin, but haven't heard anything for ages , has anyone heard any updates as to if that is true ?
Huge fan of the movie as a kid and still am and my kids love it too , I would be in straight away and think Jersey Jack and the team would make a superb pin with this title and I myself would be an instant buyer.
If anyone knows anything one way or the other would love to hear about it.

I don’t think jersey jack has announced anything officially. (Right?)

I am a patient man. I hope he takes his sweet time making this one. It is a dream theme. I would think. My favorite movie, I grew up watching it.

Needs to be amazing, I bet it will be!

#44 5 years ago

Regardless of which jjp game is next, I'm dieing to see it. I look forward to jjp releases since each of their games are so unique, and innovative. I will get toy story, but Wonka is definitely one I'd consider as well. I just hope jjp gets manufacturing and pricing right so we can continue to see jjp games for many years to come.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Maybe Slash talked him into it. One thing for sure and I personally don't wish to see another music band theme pin at the moment but with the JJP audio systems in their machines just think how that pin would be rocking.

#46 5 years ago

I hope Eric is working on WONK.

#47 5 years ago

Please, please let Toy store be a retheme of Dialed In!!! Please!!

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Please, please let Toy store be a retheme of Dialed In!!! Please!!

I don’t think that’s what current DI owners are hoping for?

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t think that’s what current DI owners are hoping for?

The current di owners wouldnt be the target market.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The current di owners wouldnt be the target market.

They have sold 1700-2000 di pins... i doubt they wld retheme it as none of those owners wld purchase one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 1,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.