2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mike_M
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

Consider good to very good condition

#2 2 years ago

In my area $4k +/- $500 for good to very good.

#4 2 years ago

I would say in Southern California that would be its price. I don't understand it, it's a terrible game (okay it's not terrible, but it kicks my ass every single time, most recently during league).

BTW I've seen some beautiful mods of WH20. I'm sure that just drives the median price up as well.

#5 2 years ago

If you pay that much for one, then yes it is.

#6 2 years ago

Not sure how regional differences might influence the price, but I'd conservatively consider mine "above average" condition, included an unwrinkled, unfaded topper, no lost mine kickout damage, and paid $4,000 for it last year. The only major flaw was the cabinet--which had faded art.

Quoted from Cornelius:

I don't understand it, it's a terrible game (okay it's not terrible, but it kicks my ass every single time, most recently during league).

I agree that it can be ass kickingly difficult, but that doesn't make it a terrible game. You just gotta play better!

#7 2 years ago

It used to be, but prices have gotten a little more reasonable in the last few years. It's a great game and there aren't a ton of them. I'd say it's one of the better values out there if you can get a solid one for 4K (or less). I have one that was routed and have played the heck out of it. I'd probably pay 5k for a really nice example.

#8 2 years ago

I consider Whitewater to be one of the best pins out there ever, great game great strategy.
They never come up for sale in NZ as once you own one you never will want to sell it.

#9 2 years ago

It better have new decals, ramps, and chrome for $5K plus. I just sold mine for <$4000 and I included a new set of decals. Given I had 13 PM's in the first 2 days I probably underpriced it but it was a quick easy sale. It was my second Whitewater and something had to go to clear some space for Star Wars

Archived after 4 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Trade
White Water Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Looking to sell or trade my Whitewater. I was going to restore it and add new decals but to many other projects going on right now so trying to get rid of one. Titles I would be ...”
2017-04-08
Rochester, MN
Trade

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I agree that it can be ass kickingly difficult, but that doesn't make it a terrible game. You just gotta play better!

That's what Steve Ritchie keeps telling me!

#11 2 years ago

I don't understand why this one got vaulted up into crazy money territory. It's pretty one note, and has absolutely terrible music (reminds me of an early 90s talk show) and the endless swishing sounds make me want to piss constantly.

But no denying people just can't get enough of it. I don't think it's bad game just really average by Wms 90s standards.

#12 2 years ago

Just like 5 years ago wasn't it considered a "bang for the buck" b title? Going for like $2-2.5k? Or was that more like 10 years ago? Gee time flies!

I think part of the issue was always that they are difficult, and expensive, to restore, so once all that $ is out into the game it's more expensive.

I'd still like to think $4k is toppy, but $5k might be accurate, for a real nice one (no fade!! ).

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Just like 5 years ago wasn't it considered a "bang for the buck" b title? Going for like $2-2.5k?

That's accurate. 10 years ago it was more like a $1500 game.

#14 2 years ago

I'd sooner pay 5k for a nice WH20 than I would 3k for a NIB GB or GOT.

#15 2 years ago

I think the game has increased in value as parts became more available. Repro boulders, playfields, ramps, and an attempted repro topper all made the game easily restorable and increased demand.

#16 2 years ago

If you think 5K is too much, then look at this eBay listing WH20... $15,500 AUD. It's real nice but sheesh.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/White-Water-Pinball-Machine-Williams-1993-Updated-04-FEB-17-/232064865707?hash=item360824d5ab:g:PegAAOSw5cNYlYw0

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep I was passing on them for 1800 not even that long ago. It's one of the few like Congo/BSD that went straight up and never came down.

#18 2 years ago

Not for me but maybe someone else.

#19 2 years ago

IMHO no. I owned one, it's easily becoming boring and it's not as good as the other $5k games available nowadays.
Price is high because of speculation, not the game itself.

#20 2 years ago

Condition is everything regardless of title. Especially when you restore one. Take a desired title of that era from the same manufacturer, like IJ that is in similar condition. Restore both of them and you'll have about the same time into both. If they are both pristine restorations, the price won't be that much different between the two. Thats why a HEP BSD will command about the same price as other HEP titles. It's actually harder to restore those b and c titles due to parts not being readily available.

#21 2 years ago

Its popularity is definitely on the rise. If the OP wants a minty WH20, hes gonna have to cough up some $$$

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

IMHO no. I owned one, it's easily becoming boring and it's not as good as the other $5k games available nowadays.
Price is high because of speculation, not the game itself.

I agree with this. It's not a deep game for the money. I prefer FT, which will probably never fetch $5k, but is part of that "Red Neck Triumvirate".

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I was passing on them for 1800 not even that long ago.

Until that one day--

"White Water get the F*&% in my house!"

#24 2 years ago

I paid $6k for one that had new decals, new ramps and plastics, play field was taken out restored and clearcoated, LEDs a lot of new parts but far from a HEP restore. It was missing the original foil which I purchased for $500 (got lucky I'd say) and put a color DMD in it and 3D translight. This game is my #1 it just hits a chord for me. If I had to sell I would ask mid $6k not sure if it would sell or not but that's what I would ask.

#25 2 years ago

"Red Neck Triumvirate"

Intriguing. What are the other members? NASCAR and Wheel of Fortune?

#26 2 years ago

My guess is Fish Tales, White Water and Road Show. I had all three but only FT remains and is not going anywhere. To me the plunge on White Water plus the shot up the middle to the upper playfield were not fun and slowed the game down. There was no flow in my opinion.

#27 2 years ago

Not too me it's not.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

the endless swishing sounds make me want to piss constantly.

Drink less.

#29 2 years ago

If the game is restored it is easily a 5k game. If not it's a 3800-4400 game. I restored mine so to me it's priceless. Still my favorite game. It's Nordmans Mona Lisa

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

If the game is restored it is easily a 5k game. If not it's a 3800-4400 game. I restored mine so to me it's priceless. Still my favorite game. It's Nordmans Mona Lisa

How do you define restored?

#31 2 years ago

Condition , condition , condition ..... sold a few planked very dirty ones with broken ramps for 3-3500 with lots of interest. Also sold one with nice newer ramps , full teardown and refurb and lots of mods including color dmd for 4800-5k with lots of interest. If cab isnt faded and it has a nice topper expect 4-4250 and on up depending on upgrades and overall ramps/playfield condition

#32 2 years ago

got my whitewater on a 3 game pkg deal.I was looking for the others and took ww as well.it turned out to be a great game and we play it with some frequency.Who is the almighty
one they call River Master?

#33 2 years ago

Have Mike Dallas Wh20 restore job. As good as it gets and would never unload it.

I was offered $9k for it. No deal.

#34 2 years ago

It should be because it rocks but no.

#35 2 years ago

White Water is a unique game with great shots and gameplay. It'd probably be considered a Premium by today's standards. Find a clean one with nice ramps and a nice play field, and it could be in the $5k range.

#36 2 years ago

If Whitewater was made today it would be a $9500 pin all day long.

If DI can sell for that ridiculous number then this pin is a THOUSAND times better, updating the sound and LCD.

#37 2 years ago

I own a Wh20. It's probably my favorite game when the complete package is considered -- I love the music, callouts, art, overall aesthetic, and the gameplay is very good. I still think it's a $3500-$4500 game.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I own a Wh20. It's probably my favorite game when the complete package is considered -- I love the music, callouts, art, overall aesthetic, and the gameplay is very good. I still think it's a $3500-$4500 game.

Because it's an old school no license Bally classic.

To make it today, its a MUCH bigger bom game.

#39 2 years ago

little known fact, Wet Willie is an honorary Cannibus Club member.
I bought mine for well under 5k.
Great game but "man overboard" for much over that!

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Condition , condition , condition ..... sold a few planked very dirty ones with broken ramps for 3-3500 with lots of interest. Also sold one with nice newer ramps , full teardown and refurb and lots of mods including color dmd for 4800-5k with lots of interest. If cab isnt faded and it has a nice topper expect 4-4250 and on up depending on upgrades and overall ramps/playfield condition

This sums it up fairly well. $5k would be a super-clean game with crystal clear ramps, no playfield wear, no fading anywhere, and a fully functional and clear topper. If you're missing the topper, have fading on the cabinet and yellowed ramps you're well under $4k.

#41 2 years ago

Sold mine over a year ago for 3.8K. It was very nice.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And not much before that Nice TZ's could be had for 2kish. Your point?

#43 2 years ago

Cool game. Code isn't there to make it worth that much IMHO.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from adii:

It used to be, but prices have gotten a little more reasonable in the last few years. It's a great game and there aren't a ton of them. I'd say it's one of the better values out there if you can get a solid one for 4K (or less). I have one that was routed and have played the heck out of it. I'd probably pay 5k for a really nice example.

They made 7000 of them, that's a solid amount.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I'd sooner pay 5k for a nice WH20 than I would 3k for a NIB GB or GOT.

Wow, this turned out controversial!

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Intriguing. What are the other members? NASCAR and Wheel of Fortune?

Both with more polished code than other Johnny come latelys. Heck, Lynyrd Skynyrd has received more updates.

#47 2 years ago

Just like 5 years ago wasn't it considered a "bang for the buck" b title? Going for like $2-2.5k? Or was that more like 10 years ago? Gee time flies!

more like 10 years, i think. when i got into the hobby in 2012, it was $3500 for a decent fully working game. chased a couple and lost out on both at that price point.

#48 2 years ago

WH2Or? color dmd and powder coated bling leds $7995

#49 2 years ago

Yeah,what a joke! It's been on there for months.

#50 2 years ago

I think first, the theme is less Polarizing.....It isnt a 20 year old movie or TV show.

Visually, the playfield provides incredible interest, and new people, non pinheads, that "check out" the pins in the room,
gravitate to this look with the mountains, and unknown ball paths

( and is an incredible play with Blackwater next to it.....the inspiration carried forward)

The play is classic, and yet still fresh, with a great balance of rewards for its play.

$5K price? Better be near the top on resto, I think of this as more of a $3K to 4K game...especially if it plays well, great shape,
Likely without the topper.....somehow, and I know others will disagree, $800 or more for a topper, I went without and found a bullet proofed players condition for $2200, and am happy.....

5K plus? Gotta really love the game, I guess, as 5K buys so much today.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside