13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by jonnyo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

Found this video today. The cabinets certainly are slick. Can we
    expect to see these in arcades at some point? Or is it just an
    elaborate art project?

Here's the web site affiliated with the uploader of the vid:
    http://www.coddart.com/

http://pinballbayarea.wordpress.com

#2 13 years ago

that looks pretty streamlined, it sure looks like those should be headed to an arcade. when i watched the youtube video i saw a trailer for a marvel heroes expansion for zen pinball on ps3 and xbox. looks really cool, i like my comic book heroes and i can't afford a new stern one so these look like a nice $5.00 purchase on ps3
    heres the link

#3 13 years ago

From a design standpoint I think it is actually pretty ugly, hideous in fact. Why does it have that huge cabinet when all it is is 2 LCD monitors and a cpu. The classic pinball table look would go over alot better with pinballers and non players, just for the fact that a pinball machine is recognizable. This things design is trying to be something it's not.

Would any of you want that in your gamesroom? I personally would rather have a Global pinball Ultrapin. It looks way better, simple, and does what it need to do.

#4 13 years ago

Tell me more about this Zen Pinball for PS3 and 5 bucks. Do you download it? Search it in Sony Store? Intersting.

#5 13 years ago

Its downloadable from the playstation network for the ps3, or xbox live for the 360.

#6 13 years ago

The cabs do look pretty slick, but the playfields looked mighty open and lame. It reminded me of Mario Pinball for the NES

#7 13 years ago

Hmm... interesting responses I've got from this.

Yeah, the gameplay looks sort of lame. I've learned that this is likely a promotion for a car company.

The cabs are slick. To me, this is the sort of cab that would get the non-player to have a look at what's going on and say "what's this?" Younger players, in particular, look at the traditional pin cab and think "old man's game".

Consider that one of the hotest selling apps on the iPad at launch was The Pinball HD, and the company claims 3 millions sales of their tables on the iPhone prior. So just how important is the traditional pin cab?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-virtual-pinball-going-prime-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.