(Topic ID: 314581)

Is Village BBS aka Villagebbs.com website legit and safe to buy from?

By tampa12

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Andy Bless Your Heart (resized).jpg
    hynujk (resized).jpg
    3634918376_5a540c4e28_n (resized).jpg
    20220502_125505 (resized).png
    unknown (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 1 year ago

The Village BBS is legit and a safe community for all of us in FL. I have met some great people and made pinball friends from the Village. Also, I generally buy and sell used pins on the Village vs pinside due to proximity and the solid community that exists. Furthermore, when I have pinball questions I get tons of help from people on the Village, more so than pinside for most topics.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

I suspect that I am missing something here...as I understand it, someone from the "Village BBS" had a machine for sale, and expected the OP to send him cash for it - without even pictures of the machine. All because Village BBS is "trustworthy".
    Sorry, but I wouldn't be sending cash to anyone I don't know to buy a machine sight-unseen - no matter how tightly-knit the group he belongs to is.
    With the amount of fraud in this hobby right now, I'm shocked that any of you think this is somehow a good idea...
    Is it such a sellers market now that "I have machines for sale, sorry no pictures, send cash only." sounds reasonable to people?
    If so, I have hundreds of A-list games available, sorry no pictures, send cash only - don't worry "I'm trustworthy".

That was not the way it went down. Bottom line is he was being told face to face transactions with cash on the glass are the best way to go. On the threads in question on the Village I did not see anyone asking for cash in any other situation. And agree with rdoyle, the tone on the Village by the OP was totally inappropriate. And as is evidenced by the comments above, pretty lame of the OP to bring it over to pinside at all and not deal with it in person or locally.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-village-bbs-aka-villagebbscom-website-legit-and-safe-to-buy-from?tu=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.