(Topic ID: 314581)

Is Village BBS aka Villagebbs.com website legit and safe to buy from?

By tampa12

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Andy Bless Your Heart (resized).jpg
    hynujk (resized).jpg
    3634918376_5a540c4e28_n (resized).jpg
    20220502_125505 (resized).png
    unknown (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

Just wanted to chime in as a "New Yorker" that us in western ny can't stand the mentality of 99% of folks east of the Hudson. Unfortunately the "I'm the best eh. I'm from new yoawk" attitude is perpetuated as the image of the entire state. Please dont paint the entire state with the same frame of view as NYC...thanks

I judge all New Yorkers based on one particular guy in Poughkeepsie.

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

He edited out some of his first post

"You MUST prove ownership"
    "You MUST pay via paypal"
    "Don't waste my time replying or criticizing how I do business"

While I understand the desire to avoid scams, this was a pretty blunt way to introduce oneself to a new community, who would have happily helped him find his desired games.

Villagers are great about 'hey I know a guy who has one, I'll check for you' or 'hey I've been thinking about selling, let's work something out'.

#53 1 year ago

THAT was his first post? Good lord.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from tampa12:

Thanks everyone for their input. I'll stick with pinside instead of village bbs. That bbs community isn't very helpful vs pinside community. I'm from New York and tend not to trust strangers, so strangers demanding cash deals from posts without pics on unsecured website is a red flag. Anyways I'm in communication with Dave through eBay and see he's legit with 100% feedback. I guess new yorkers and old school Floridians don't mix well.

Bless your heart!

#55 1 year ago

I've met you and your step son at one of the monthly tournaments at LSOG. Most of the folks there are Villagers and you and your step son fit in very well. Don't give up on that site as most of the pinball community not only buy and sell there but also host events similar to the monthly tournaments at LSOG. This just seems like a big misunderstanding. As others have mentioned, sometimes you just have to eat a little crow and listen to the constructive criticism. You have the same passion for Pinball as everyone on that site. I hope to see you and your step son at future events. The Villages are a very welcoming and accepting community who look out for each other. I'm sorry your first interaction was not a positive one but as Rudy has famously said. " Hey it's only pinball " Babee!

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:The Village is (by and large) a great group of folks around Florida, I've met many of them while buying/trading/selling games and at local shows and get togethers.

Agreed with above.
    The Village BBS has helped build the collector base in Florida.
    Many members of the Village BBS have ran or helped run Florida's Pinball/Arcade shows over the last 20 years...
    -The APE / Arcade Pinball Expo
    -Gamewarp
    -Southern Pinball Festival
    -Jacksonville Arcade Expo
    -Freeplay Florida

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from bladerunner:

Bless your heart!

Andy Bless Your Heart (resized).jpgAndy Bless Your Heart (resized).jpg
    #58 1 year ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

Just wanted to chime in as a "New Yorker" that us in western ny can't stand the mentality of 99% of folks east of the Hudson. Unfortunately the "I'm the best eh. I'm from new yoawk" attitude is perpetuated as the image of the entire state. Please dont paint the entire state with the same frame of view as NYC...thanks

Oh gee that’s just fuckin great!

Ok then, I guess we gotta go with all New Yorkers west of the Hudson are hicks right? Please don’t lump us in with those backwards hillbillies. Thanks everybody!

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kingpin22:

I've met you and your step son at one of the monthly tournaments at LSOG. Most of the folks there are Villagers and you and your step son fit in very well. Don't give up on that site as most of the pinball community not only buy and sell there but also host events similar to the monthly tournaments at LSOG. This just seems like a big misunderstanding. As others have mentioned, sometimes you just have to eat a little crow and listen to the constructive criticism. You have the same passion for Pinball as everyone on that site. I hope to see you and your step son at future events. The Villages are a very welcoming and accepting community who look out for each other. I'm sorry your first interaction was not a positive one but as Rudy has famously said. " Hey it's only pinball " Babee!

This was probably the best comment I seen, and yes I will. Also love the thumbnail pic, high speed was my first pin our family owned. Thank you.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from tampa12:

I'll stick with pinside instead of village bbs.

The Village BBS is a great semi-local forum. I'm also in Tampa and have met some great local people buying and selling machines on the Village throughout the years. The beauty of the Village is that games can often be bought and sold fairly locally, often cash-on-the-glass transactions. The PinballBash is another sort of nearby regional site that I follow.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

"I'm the best eh. I'm from new yoawk" attitude is perpetuated as the image of the entire state. Please dont paint the entire state with the same frame of view as NYC

including all the people in this country who despise NYC, not a single person in the world thinks that's something you'd ever hear a New Yorker say. EXCEPT for one guy from New York.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I wish I was from FL so I could join villagebbs, that place sounds cool as hell

You don't have to be from Florida to join, there are members from all over. Being in FL though helps with the deals as most try to sell within the state and keep the games local.

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

the "I'm the best eh. I'm from new yoawk" attitude

Are you confusing New Yorkers with Canadians? I think "eh" is pretty well spoken for by our neighbors to the north, unless hipsters are now using it ironically.

#64 1 year ago

NYC, is magically the greatest place on the planet as soon as those folks find themselves in our state.

Every New Yorker starts their stories with "back in NY"..... names one of the Burroughs, says something about a bridge then mentions a famous mayor.

Honestly it's exhausting.

The only thing NYC is good for to me is being the setting for like half the movies ever made.

#65 1 year ago

I heard about some city slicker who got his salsa from NEW YORK CITY

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I heard about some city slicker who got his salsa from NEW YORK CITY

Gitta rope!

#67 1 year ago

Back in NYC where I was born in Brooklyn and moved over to Staten Island using the Verrazano bridge where I shook hands with Mayor Ed Koch , it was glorious as I had gotten my first Sony Walkman listening to the just released Motley Crue album live wire. And felt like I was Invincible!!!!!!
    The glorious days however I like Florida living and would never go back to NYC, good riddance…. Now Florida is turning into the new New York! Fuuug

Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:NYC, is magically the greatest place on the planet as soon as those folks find themselves in our state.
    Every New Yorker starts their stories with "back in NY"..... names one of the Burroughs, says something about a bridge then mentions a famous mayor.
    Honestly it's exhausting.
    The only thing NYC is good for to me is being the setting for like half the movies ever made.

#68 1 year ago

Op issued an apology on the Village. Thank You, Paul, and welcome.

I look forward to meeting you, enjoying Pinball, and NY stories....we really are an amazing,
    and diverse group with a cornucopia of passion for Pinball, and its escape.

#70 1 year ago

Glad to see things turning around. Don't always get to see happy endings on the internet.

Uhhh...pun was definitely not intended, but it's too funny, so I'll just leave it and see myself out

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Op issued an apology on the Village. Thank You, Paul, and welcome.

good on the OP. Sometimes it takes more character to own up to your mistake, than to never have made one to begin with.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

Because everyone who lives in Florida that are part of villagebbs are ALL originally from Florida.

I thought half of Florida was made up of ex / part time New Yorkers and Jerseyites.

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I thought half of Florida was made up of ex / part time New Yorkers and Jerseyites.

It is.

And since they are now Floridians, they all hate themselves and accuse themselves of shitting on the sidewalk. It's crazy to watch!

#76 1 year ago

i Love myself and never shit on the sidewalk. My pants yes . .

Quoted from CrazyLevi:It is.
    And since they are now Floridians, they all hate themselves and accuse themselves of shitting on the sidewalk. It's crazy to watch!

#78 1 year ago

Not like anyone didn't know the secret to making Alt trans... be happy you got a mention !!! You are LEGEND!!

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

Not like anyone didn't know the secret to making Alt trans... be happy you got a mention !!! You are LEGEND!!

I'm not actually mad to be clear, the quality of that technique will look like ass, and if you're happy with it to save some money live your life.

I was trying to remember what year I did the original and did a google search to try and find the thread and that popped up. Ain't nothing really private on the internet! Got a reminder of that today when I saw a subpoena over some internet comments some people made. Don't ever think people aren't paying attention even in your little communities.

#80 1 year ago

i hope you didn't think i implied you were mad.. Just mentioned,
    I have not bought any other translights other than your Shadow ALT And your ac/dc Helen hell aint a bad place to be. That is what i meant by Legend as i even had bought Your Pieces as well as the DMD panel for shadow . Anywho. Yeah i figure everyone everywhere pays close attention to everything and too much so. But Have a good one
    and keep up the good work. Nice MET hammer to BTW>

Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not actually mad to be clear, the quality of that technique will look like ass, and if you're happy with it to save some money live your life.
    I was trying to remember what year I did the original and did a google search to try and find the thread and that popped up. Ain't nothing really private on the internet! Got a reminder of that today when I saw a subpoena over some internet comments some people made. Don't ever think people aren't paying attention even in your little communities.

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

i hope you didn't think i implied you were mad

Nope, all good! And thanks for the support all these years.

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-village-bbs-aka-villagebbscom-website-legit-and-safe-to-buy-from/page/2?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.