Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Willy39
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 2.05.48 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 2.06.06 PM (resized).png
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

Paragon, FT, BSD, Flash, ACDC are some serious quarter munchers.

6 months later
    #52 4 years ago

LOL, THE BKSOR LE WILL DESTROY YOU!

#53 4 years ago

i agree, TWD is hard, but for recent modern pins, im going with BKSOR. ball times are half as much as TWD. much faster than TWD, and much more ricochet down the middle on missed shots than TWD.

BKSOR = hardest modern pin
    Skateball = hardest 80s pin
    captain card = hardest EM

take that to the BANK Yall

HOG

#54 4 years ago

yes TWD is the hardest pin ever.

#55 4 years ago

No, iron man is the most difficult.

#56 4 years ago

Ironman? I've played it once, well enough to win a game my first game. So I don't know maybe I was just playing good that day. Now BKSOR LE is a asskicker!

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Anyone else feel this way?

No. No. and No. (as already stated)
    Those of us who play pinball from other eras are rolling our eyes at the question as it now stands.

1) From a defensive-playing (ball time) point of view, modern Sterns are the easiest games to play in the history of pinball.

They tend to have:
    * brand new playfields with true ball travel
    * harmless gated-community pops
    * easy outlanes
    * spoon-fed inlanes back to the flippers
    * williams flipper gap to ensure slap saves are makeable (not ghostbusters)
    * makeable shots

2) If you start a new thread called: "Is TWD this the easiest modern Stern to play?" then you'll get some interesting and relative discussion.

-mof

#58 4 years ago

I think TNA is the hardest modern pin. TWD is a very close second.

#59 4 years ago

Bksor is the hardest modern pin. It forces you to hit the high risk shots more and more as you progress.

#60 4 years ago

TWD and GB are probably the two hardest modern Sterns that I've played. We've had both at league for several seasons. Hated them at first but like them better now. However I would say there are many, many harder older pins out there.

#61 4 years ago

My vote definitely goes to Ghostbusters, though yes, Iron Man ignites quite a bit of rage too.

#62 4 years ago

For my play style: AC/DC all the way, so much punishment for missing a shot. Then Star Wars, then Iron Man, and then TWD. Looking forward to sneaking in the new BK into the lineup next year to see how it compares

#63 4 years ago

Zombies can't hang with Emperor Ming on the tough scale

#64 4 years ago

Ug I read this as Stern, not all. Definitely Flash Gordon and probably a hundred EMs I’ve never played

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spagano314:

I think TNA is the hardest modern pin

you must be joking ?

just played few games on it, 7.4M by just playing multiballs (as i didnt know the rules-reactors at that time)...

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from Captainhook:

Ironman? I've played it once, well enough to win a game my first game. So I don't know maybe I was just playing good that day. Now BKSOR LE is a asskicker!

Really, how far did you get? Did you get to Jericho? Complete it? Do or die multiball? On three ball factory, there is no game harder than ironman. Getting to DOD mb, not the hurry up, is nearly impossible.

#67 4 years ago

Star Wars is harder than TWD, and way more fun...TWD sucks partly because of the difficulty IMO; and partly because the geometry is off.

#68 4 years ago

TWD is hard because of the cheap drains........ both magnets and the pops = very possible sdtm
    Modes starts with the drops also equals many chances for the ball to stop going north south.
    If I was a better player I figure TWD would be great. But I am not a good player and that machine just angers me

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Really, how far did you get? Did you get to Jericho? Complete it? Do or die multiball? On three ball factory, there is no game harder than ironman. Getting to DOD mb, not the hurry up, is nearly impossible.

Valinor?

#70 4 years ago

For me?, Maybe not the Hardest....sometimes that changes, but definitely in the top 5!
    (mostly because Im not a great player! )

#71 4 years ago

Any votes for GOT being the hardest game? I had a Premium and best I could get was Hand of the King. Never came close to the Iron Throne. Shots are tight and if you brick there is not much room to nudge and adjust before the ball is lost SDTM or outlane. Getting to the Iron Throne takes a lot of patience and skill and IMO, this has to be the most challenging modern Stern for sure.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Willy39:

Any votes for GOT being the hardest game? I had a Premium and best I could get was Hand of the King. Never came close to the Iron Throne. Shots are tight and if you brick there is not much room to nudge and adjust before the ball is lost SDTM or outlane. Getting to the Iron Throne takes a lot of patience and skill and IMO, this has to be the most challenging modern Stern for sure.

I love GOT, but don't think it's even close to the hardest game. I was able to get 2 shots away from starting Iron Throne and I'm an average player. I had the ball on the left flipper and had to hit the Grayjoy shot one time to light iron throne. I missed the shot twice and it's one of the easiest in the game.

#73 4 years ago

Nope, DOD mb is the hardest to achieve in all of pinball. Many have reached valinor.

#74 4 years ago

A lot haven't spent time on it, but Indy 500 is freaking hard as hell. It's tough as Iron Man, really (and strangely the code is deeper).

To get to 200 laps, pass all the cars, play all the modes AND finish first is so tough. It's a real tough game to cradle on. Balls are always going and there's no where to really shoot the ball in MB to get a "break" and slow things down. Completing "Gasoline Alley" is 100% essential b/c the reward is passing 15 cars.

Iron Man is tough as balls, but it's really enforced by code because you need to complete everything with one ball.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from Willy39:

Any votes for GOT being the hardest game?

Doubtfull; Iron Throne isn't obscenely tough

Quoted from Lermods:

Nope, DOD mb is the hardest to achieve in all of pinball. Many have reached valinor.

I don;t know, I watched someone do it in a tournament once it didn't look too hard.
    I think it was Lyman though

EDIT: For me it's IM easy

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from jetspeedb:

TWD is hard because of the cheap drains........ both magnets and the pops = very possible sdtm
    Modes starts with the drops also equals many chances for the ball to stop going north south.
    If I was a better player I figure TWD would be great. But I am not a good player and that machine just angers me

Same!

#77 4 years ago

To each is own I guess. I find GOT hard but do not find GB hard compared to GOT. I must like the shots better on GB. I don't know. Just always had trouble with GOT. Maybe I suck! Who knows! LOL!

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-twd-the-hardest-pinball-ever/page/2?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.