(Topic ID: 275081)

Is Turtles the best Borg ever or is it hype?

By Vino

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 195 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TMNT Borgs best layout ever?”

• Yes, he absolutely crushed it!! 93 votes
    30%
  • No, hype train as usual! 213 votes
    70%

(306 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0 (resized).jpeg
youtube-play-caillou-caillou-theme-theme-song-remix-cartoon-theme-music-television-show-png-clipart-thumbnail (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9A4AB4C5-C805-487B-BA8E-3CF493E3526B (resized).jpeg
IMG-20200804-WA0000~2 (resized).jpg
81OvfNUbrOL._AC_UL1500_ (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191029-003135~2 (resized).png
20190613_172749 (resized).jpg
twd (resized).jpg
twd1 (resized).jpg
F8D5EA3B-6BA6-47A4-983C-35BCFF9466B8 (resized).jpeg
crown-royal-blended-canadian-whisky__40760.1415467397 (resized).jpg
gaygun (resized).jpg
104112717_319076422447857_3475686517034283383_n (resized).jpg
There are 195 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 3 years ago

Jajaja

#102 3 years ago

Well, you leave for a few fing hours and look what happens.

#103 3 years ago

How did this forum go from best game from Borg to men wearing flip flops in a restaurant? Silly ole Pinside.

#104 3 years ago

Nice to see all you guys were on the piss last night. Still hate Turtles?

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nice to see all you guys were on the piss last night. Still hate Turtles?

I think it was only night for you.

#106 3 years ago

OK, I don't know if it's Borg's best or not... but I am buying one of these things despite having ZERO interest in the theme. I played it out of simple curiosity when it came out and it is a LOT of fun! This is the first game I have ever bought where I actively did not like the theme, so it will be curious to see how long its tenure is in my house. I am certainly looking forward to getting some quality games in on it in a home environment though... which it just occurred to me that I may regret because for the first time I will get to hear the music and such (always played in a loud arcade before) and I'm sure I will not like that either.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Before we started dating, a girl once asked me if I own flip flops. I said no, never have, never will. I think girls know that shit is nasty too. I'm sure its comfortable, but damn. Yuck.

This is the only flip flop I've ever owned. Not a pair!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/99927

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you have GI Joe bed sheets?

I wish I had transformers bed sheets.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

f it'd had comic art it'd be consistently Top 10 (except for those that keep getting punished by it). Custom translite helps!

"I see you are a man of good... taste..."

20190613_172749 (resized).jpg20190613_172749 (resized).jpg
#110 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s lame because it’s a horrible theme that also happens to be incredibly childish. Batman has charm. Turtles don’t.

Your statements only remind me of when i talk about pinball to non pinball friends. Theme wont change the fact that we spend thousands of dollars on toys regarded as childish entertainment to most of the world. Turltes dont hit your nostalgia bone. Cool. I feel like Dinosaurs are a dumb kids theme but damn do I want a JP.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

TMNT definitely up there with Metallica, Tron and TWD as the best Pro Version Stern has made thus far.

What’s the best TMNT2 model to buy?

Pro - looks packed (this one is my preference)
Premium - has neat toys and may be worth the cash ??
LE - looks great !!

Based on this thread, it sounds like TMNT2 is hype. This dude in flip flops is always ready.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

lest we forget Munsters? not knocking the game itself, but theme-wise?!? we're talking about a 60yo TV Show that lasted only 2 seasons, and didn't even get broadcast outside the US until it settled into it's retirement home on Nick at Nite in the 90's! By then, anyone who cared was either 4yo or 94yo!! Hardly the recipe for a successful pinball theme.

Not true. Munsters was a big hit in Australia in the 1960s. That's why all the LEs sold out Down Under in just a few minutes after release. Oh, and all buyers were well inside the 4yo and 94yo bracket.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Not true. Munsters was a big hit in Australia in the 1960s. That's why all the LEs sold out Down Under in just a few minutes after release. Oh, and all buyers were well inside the 4yo and 94yo bracket.

Serious question, how many LEs did Australia get?

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Serious question, how many LEs did Australia get?

52 that I know of

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

"in" a half shell. Come on dude, get it right.

No, it's "on the half shell."
Look it up.
Oysters, for instance, are served on the half shell, which means the top half of the shell is discarded and the oyster is presented on the plate in the lower half of the shell only.
Maybe you don't eat oysters.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

No, it's "on the half shell."
Look it up.
Oysters, for instance, are served on the half shell, which means the top half of the shell is discarded and the oyster is presented on the plate in the lower half of the shell only.
Maybe you don't eat oysters.

For the TMNT song lyrics it is IN not ON...that is what he was pointing out.

https://genius.com/Teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-theme-song-lyrics

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#117 3 years ago

Wow so an opportunity for extremely basic creative wordplay was beyond the writers of that song? Wouldn’t “on the half shell” be a little more clever than “in?@

“On” is kind of funny.

“In” is just as lame as anything else related to this theme.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow so even that extremely basic wordplay was beyond the writers of that song? Wouldn’t “on the half shell” be a little more clever than “in”? It’s kind of funny.

Not going to argue that...just was pointing out the lyrics

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

See this guy gets it. Sometimes you just have a hate that’s pure and true and need to express it. And a hate that true...well of course you are gonna think anybody who disagrees with you is an idiot. At least when it comes to That.
Doesn’t make you an “elitist.”

Screenshot_20191029-003135~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191029-003135~2 (resized).png
#120 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Generally yes I agree with the flip flop thing. But there’s a pandemic on bro. If I run downstairs to buy a yoo hoo im just throwing on the flops. It ain’t a black tie!!!

The fact the u own them at all is the issue. Same goes for Croks and don't even get me started on these atrocities. Look at it. No, don't look away, Look at it. How could u have these in ur home let alone wear them? I don't feel well anymore. I gotta go.........

81OvfNUbrOL._AC_UL1500_ (resized).jpg81OvfNUbrOL._AC_UL1500_ (resized).jpg
#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The fact the u own them at all is the issue. Same goes for Croks and don't even get me started on these atrocities. Look at it. No, don't look away, Look at it. How could u have these in ur home let alone wear them? I don't feel well anymore. I gotta go.........
[quoted image]

You don’t really “own” flip flops man. They just come into your life. Not sure if you noticed but they cost like 7 dollars. For good ones!

Time is money. While you are still fastening and tying your fancy “shoes” I’m already back upstairs with a roll of toilet paper and can of chunky soup.

You are footwearing your pathetic lives away!!

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

[quoted image]

What are your thoughts on Crocs with socks?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#123 3 years ago

:lol:aww, thuper thensitive Law, so batt hurt

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

i just learned this. didn't realize. still an odd choice for pinball.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What are your thoughts on Crocs with socks?[quoted image]

IMG-20200804-WA0000~2 (resized).jpgIMG-20200804-WA0000~2 (resized).jpg
#126 3 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

:lol:aww, thuper thensitive Law, so batt hurt

Why would I be hurt? I'm, how did you put it, "Pur-rrfect?"

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Should be a capital offense, and I’m sure there’s plenty of offenders on Pinside.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow so an opportunity for extremely basic creative wordplay was beyond the writers of that song? Wouldn’t “on the half shell” be a little more clever than “in?@
“On” is kind of funny.

Wouldn't that be describing the turtles as heroes split open? IN the half shell.implies.a living shelled creature....omg what am inargueing? What am i doing with my life? Effing semantics lol

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Wouldn't that be describing the turtles as heroes split open? IN the half shell.implies.a living shelled creature....omg what am inargueing? What am i doing with my life? Effing semantics lol

Teenage mutant ninja oysters

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

TMNT is making quite an impression with new owners for Borgs layout and flow but how does it compare with some of his best titles?
Looking forward to opinions and playing either version very soon!

Both.

No trolling.

Great flow and a license I love, so for me personally best Borg game.

Then again there's a lot of stuff (like the choice of toys that really add to the license) that can be criticized or be better.

#131 3 years ago

Turtles as a cartoon came out when I was 16. Obviously it landed in a lot more people here's age bracket at the time. Personally, I've had zero interest in that theme since that time, if anything I was far more interested in MTV at the time, not that I've bought any rock themed pins of the era either. Always thought the first Turtles machine was enough to cover it. Obviously there's a hardcore fan base that demanded it though. I am ready though for a JAWS machine though that's for sure. In fairness I'm sure in passing I'll put a coin or two into TMNT when I see it at a venue, but that's it. As an aside, my Mrs already considers collecting pins a bit of an immature pursuit, so I can only imagine what she'd say if a TNMT turned up in my games room! I'm just waiting for the comments when R&M turns up, despite how totally adult a cartoon it is.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Actually, I would say TMNT's layout is closer to corvette than tron.
[quoted image]

I just got a corvette a couple weeks ago. I didn’t realize it until owning both but they are very similar. Corvette plays a little slower and stops the ball more often

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#133 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Whatever floats your boat. I can enjoy any game that shoots well, theme be damned. Pinball is supposed to be fun and there's all kinds of fun to be had with cartoon themes. All this serious crap, skulls, blades, danger "cool manly shit" gets boring after a while. Very one-dimensional.

Does that include My Little Pony or Barbie Anniversary, even though they could potentially be the “best Borg best shooters ever?

I’ll take Masters Of The Universe over either of these, even if it shoots like a bitch!

I was slightly disappointed just how kiddie this thing looked, which was enough to pass. But at the end of the day, If this game is good for families and turns more kids onto pinball, then it’s good for pinball. Maybe just give us an alternative art work version, like dark comic TMNT, instead of Rainbow Brite or something from the toy section at Target! Was also disappointed Heavy Metal didn’t tick more boxes.
9A4AB4C5-C805-487B-BA8E-3CF493E3526B (resized).jpeg9A4AB4C5-C805-487B-BA8E-3CF493E3526B (resized).jpeg

#134 3 years ago

I am a huge Iron Maiden fan. I bought a IMDN Pro and sold it within 3 months. Great game, great music, but always felt something was missing.
Now we have the TMNT Pro for 3 weeks. I always liked the cartoons, but it's favorite theme. But man, what a fantastic game this is. We really can't stop playing it.
Just my 2 cents.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

Does that include My Little Pony or Barbie Anniversary, even though they could potentially be the “best Borg best shooters ever?

Yes.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

I’ll take Masters Of The Universe over either of these, even if it shoots like a bitch!

If you don’t care how a game plays, then just watch the cartoon over and over. Haha

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

I was slightly disappointed just how kiddie this thing looked, which was enough to pass. But at the end of the day, If this game is good for families and turns more kids onto pinball, then it’s good for pinball. Maybe just give us an alternative art work version, like dark comic TMNT, instead of Rainbow Brite or something from the toy section at Target! Was also disappointed Heavy Metal didn’t tick more boxes.
[quoted image]

Motu would be awesome, but ACNC already seems to have that feel to it. Re-theme perhaps?

#138 3 years ago

TMNT has bar targets. 'Nuff said. And I agree with Levi--would be a complete embarrassment to have any TMNT IP in my home. Insipid.

#139 3 years ago

Played the LE at Captain's in Anaheim yesterday.

It's a fast shooter and plays smooth and easy... but honestly I just didn't feel any sort of satisfaction in this table.

The shots are your typical ramps, side ramp and orbits that we have seen so many times in the last 30 years. I think players will recognize this layout will feel far too familiar. (Think of all those Bally/Williams 3rd flipper layouts, most with much better themes).

It felt too easy at times and nothing commanded any real skill.

I recognize the theme integration is well done, but it does nothing for me. 30 years too late.

I don't hate it, but there's just nothing here for me.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Worked out great for Matt Shatt!

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I love TWD, but the horrible art and grating voice-actor callouts keep me from owning it—especially with my space constraints. MET hits on (almost) all cylinders for me.

Even though my vote is for TWD. I agree the art is poor, especially the translite.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

TMNT has bar targets. 'Nuff said. And I agree with Levi--would be a complete embarrassment to have any TMNT IP in my home. Insipid.

After playing a fair bit of turtles, I've found the bar targets are a non-issue. With the letter decay, it's a different shot. Regular target bank be like "bonk each of these spots to complete the bank" while the bars are "bonk this area frequently enough to complete the bank." It works well enough within the game's ruleset.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Regular target bank be like "bonk each of these spots to complete the bank" ....

The thing is, are Strens really like that anyway? Fuel targets in Met for example are all wired together i think...so each separate target is counting the same anyway

#144 3 years ago

Yeah the bar target has been a Borg thing for a while. With Fuel there was no letter decay but same rule otherwise. If the bars were broken up into targets that had to be hit individually, I think all of these features would wind up more difficult to complete than they're worth. This isn't Target Alpha; these side banks aren't the main focus of the game.

Not necessarily a 'Stern' thing.. EHOH, BKSoR, Deadpool etc still have individual targets in the banks. Just Borg with the bars.

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The thing is, are Strens really like that anyway?

Chinese knockoff of Sterns.

#147 3 years ago

Just played a few games on a premium, seems to be a pretty good game, now I just need to figure out how to score on it.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah the bar target has been a Borg thing for a while. With Fuel there was no letter decay but same rule otherwise. If the bars were broken up into targets that had to be hit individually, I think all of these features would wind up more difficult to complete than they're worth. This isn't Target Alpha; these side banks aren't the main focus of the game.
Not necessarily a 'Stern' thing.. EHOH, BKSoR, Deadpool etc still have individual targets in the banks. Just Borg with the bars.

Further if they were individual targets, they’d probably use the philosophy that hitting the target next to the one you need is good enough to count (at least for early completions).

They could probably squeeze in 4 narrow stand ups instead of 1 bar. But if Borg thinks his BOM could be better spent elsewhere, I won’t really argue. TMNT is pretty packed

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

I am a huge Iron Maiden fan. I bought a IMDN Pro and sold it within 3 months. Great game, great music, but always felt something was missing.
Now we have the TMNT Pro for 3 weeks. I always liked the cartoons, but it's favorite theme. But man, what a fantastic game this is. We really can't stop playing it.
Just my 2 cents.

Maiden is a lot of fun. But comparing it to a similar fast, flow machine like Spider-Man, it's barren. Still really fun.

#150 3 years ago

Flip flops, crocs and proper use of ‘in’ or ‘on‘. Sprinkle in a bit of opinions presented as facts and a dash of ‘everyone knows it’s cool or not’ and you’ve got any Internet forum. Ever.

Pinside is fun man. This is great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 16.00
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sharonville, OH
5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,495 (Firm)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 36.95
There are 195 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-turtles-the-best-borg-ever-or-is-it-hype-/page/3?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.