(Topic ID: 275081)

Is Turtles the best Borg ever or is it hype?

By Vino

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 195 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TMNT Borgs best layout ever?”

• Yes, he absolutely crushed it!! 93 votes
    30%
  • No, hype train as usual! 213 votes
    70%

(306 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0 (resized).jpeg
youtube-play-caillou-caillou-theme-theme-song-remix-cartoon-theme-music-television-show-png-clipart-thumbnail (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9A4AB4C5-C805-487B-BA8E-3CF493E3526B (resized).jpeg
IMG-20200804-WA0000~2 (resized).jpg
81OvfNUbrOL._AC_UL1500_ (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191029-003135~2 (resized).png
20190613_172749 (resized).jpg
twd (resized).jpg
twd1 (resized).jpg
F8D5EA3B-6BA6-47A4-983C-35BCFF9466B8 (resized).jpeg
crown-royal-blended-canadian-whisky__40760.1415467397 (resized).jpg
gaygun (resized).jpg
104112717_319076422447857_3475686517034283383_n (resized).jpg
There are 195 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 3 years ago

Rick and Morty (fun game) was number 1 for one week too. Bias of recency.

#52 3 years ago

Little too much hype

#53 3 years ago

BM66 LE? The one word kept popping up was gay. Mine was for sale here 2 or 3 times below list, and sold it for I dont know, 9 or something, whatever. After several months. Game garnered no interest at all. Many topper offers, 2 offered up to 3200. Final buyer bought it strictly bcs/ of the topper, he already had the premium at home. My wife and 7 yr old thought it the gayest thing theyd ever seen

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

TMNT definitely up there with Metallica, Tron and TWD as the best Pro Version Stern has made thus far.

Don't forget Aerosmith & Guardians. No-brainer Pros. Those you listed are very good, but I'd want the Prem/LE.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I love TWD, but the horrible art and grating voice-actor callouts keep me from owning it—especially with my space constraints. MET hits on (almost) all cylinders for me.

Just to make sure... you do know there are custom audio packages for TWD that add callouts from the show? It helps a lot. Though, I agree the original callouts suck, the music is kickass. No argument on MET, as that game is also in fierce contention for the top spot, imo.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

BM66 LE? The one word [that] kept popping up was...

It's not that hard to differentiate between what you said and "camp."

That 1966 TV show practically defines "camp."
"deliberately exaggerated and theatrical behavior or style"
Dunno why you expected the pin to be any different.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

BM66 LE? The one word kept popping up was gay.... My wife and 7 yr old thought it the gayest thing theyd ever seen

More like GayGun...amiright?

gaygun (resized).jpggaygun (resized).jpg
#59 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's ugly as hell and frustrating for novice players

Its a beautiful game, as for the novice players? Fuck Them. Man I hope none of the manufacturers ever make a pin based on what the novice player wants. Let those people makes the game easy through the settings and moving the out lane posts, they aren't the ones buying pinball machines anyway.

#60 3 years ago

Man isn’t the best Borg game Twister?

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Let those people makes the game easy through the settings and moving the out lane posts, they aren't the ones buying pinball machines anyway.

Makes me think of when people find pinball machines for sale and the outlanes are stuffed with tissue paper.

#62 3 years ago

I always liked BM 66. They did not, so off it went.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What can I say, I just hate the teenage mutant fucking ninja turtles and it depresses me that there are adults who gravitate towards this IP. I’d be embarrassed to have one in my home.
Cowabunga dude!! Pizza!
Lamest thing possible. Munsters far superior.
That dumb fucking song alone would be enough to have me reaching for the cyanide. I don’t know how you people do it.

Fuckin A man, I thought I was the only one

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

Fuckin A man, I thought I was the only one

There are others like us!!!

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I bet everyone that liked your post owns/owned at least one pins that was a cartoon or children's movie. Otto110 can start by burning his lame BM66, he should be embarrassed to like something made for children (/sarcasm).

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I bet everyone that liked your post owns/owned at least one pins that was a cartoon or children's movie. Otto110 can start by burning his lame BM66, he should be embarrassed to like something made for children (/sarcasm).

Wow talk about conflating.

I’m talking about teenage fucking mutant Turtles. It’s not lame because it’s “for children” and I never said it was.

It’s lame because it’s a horrible theme that also happens to be incredibly childish. Batman has charm. Turtles don’t. There’s literally nothing in that dumb kiddie cartoon that appeals to adults. Batman always had adult appeal, as camp as it is (which of course is part of the fun.)

That’s just like, my opinion man.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow talk about conflating.
I’m talking about teenage fucking mutant Turtles. It’s not lame because it’s “for children” and I never said it was.
It’s just a horrible theme that also happens to be incredibly childish. Just my opinion bro! Batman has charm. Turtles don’t. There’s literally nothing in that dumb kiddie cartoon that appeals to adults. Batman always had adult appeal.
That’s just like, my opinion man.

That gets an upvote because you finally just said it's your opinion. I agree Batman has charm but it is childish too. You just don't like TMNT which you are perfectly free to do. It takes it another level when you blast everyone else for their preferences like you are the arbiter of cool.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

That gets an upvote because you finally just said it's your opinion. I agree Batman has charm but it is childish too. You just don't like TMNT which you are perfectly free to do. It takes it another level when you blast everyone else for their preferences like you are the arbiter of cool.

That’s how bad of a theme it is. It makes me question the sanity and maturity Of those who disagree with me.

Damn maybe I should get a podcast. Then I truly would become an arbiter or cool! I mean, that’s really all these podcasts are and throngs of people here WORSHIP them for it.

Not a bad name actually. “Crazy Levi: Arbiter of CoolCast”

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s how bad of a theme it is. It makes me question the sanity and maturity Of those who disagree with me.
Damn maybe I should get a podcast. Then I truly would become an arbiter or cool! I mean, that’s really all these podcasts are and throngs of people here WORSHIP them for it.
Not a bad name actually. “Crazy Levi: Arbiter of CoolCast”

Only if you frame everything as a guitargument so you sound elitist and therefore intelligent. Your childhood nostalgia is a Squier and mine is a Fender.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep.

I was Donatello for Halloween when I was 6.

No way I'd have some relic from my childhood. Ive... what's the word? GROWN out of it?

30 years later, Im actually into *gasp* grown-up stuff from before I was born, like Death Wish and spaghetti westerns, but I'll never get that because public demand and people want and blah blah blah.

But I wont settle for and celebrate stuff from my childhood either. Been there done that.

Quoted from Waxx:

I bet everyone that liked your post owns/owned at least one pins that was a cartoon or children's movie.

Never owned any goofy cartoon stuff, but would love a Future Spa!

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Only if you frame everything as a guitargument so you sound elitist and therefore intelligent. Your childhood nostalgia is a Squier and mine is a Fender.

Do you have GI Joe bed sheets?

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I bet everyone that liked your post owns/owned at least one pins that was a cartoon or children's movie.

The only one debatable is GB I owned (god awfull) which was a cartoon or 2 after the fact.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s lame because it’s a horrible theme that also happens to be incredibly childish.

You r correct sir.
The only time I get even slightly upset with pinball is the theme choices. 90% bad. Its especially hard to swallow when the layout is there and u can see passion went into the design then its Ninja Turtles, HotWheels, WOZ, instead of Jaws, The Road Warrior and Blade Runner all themes from when I was kid that aren't kiddie and would make a great pin that I can actually have in my home. Not saying there isn't room for Ninja Turtles............... actually that's exactly what I'm saying.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The only time I get even slightly upset with pinball is the theme choices. 90% bad. Its especially hard to swallow when the layout is there and u can see passion went into the design then its Ninja Turtles, HotWheels, WOZ, instead of Jaws, The Road Warrior and Blade Runner all themes from when I was kid that aren't kiddie and would make a great pin that I can actually have in my home

Whatever floats your boat. I can enjoy any game that shoots well, theme be damned. Pinball is supposed to be fun and there's all kinds of fun to be had with cartoon themes. All this serious crap, skulls, blades, danger "cool manly shit" gets boring after a while. Very one-dimensional.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Pinball is supposed to be fun and there's all kinds of fun to be had with cartoon themes.

Yes of course, the fact it's a cartoon isn't the issue, it's that it's TMNT.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Whatever floats your boat. I can enjoy any game that shoots well, theme be damned. Pinball is supposed to be fun and there's all kinds of fun to be had with cartoon themes. All this serious crap, skulls, blades, danger "cool manly shit" gets boring after a while. Very one-dimensional.

Not sure what "cool manly shit" has to do with anything.

Would love to have seen something based on Switchblade Sisters or They Call Her One Eye. Or even the film they influenced, Kill Bill. All bad ass female leads.

Oh damn, I guess that stuff is too serious.

I suppose pinball from here on should only be themes that accomodate peoples action figure collections.

#77 3 years ago

Big argument over what is (and is not) a child's theme -- on a toy! Love it.

#78 3 years ago

When JJP comes out with Toy Story, I am getting one no matter what!!

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

can enjoy any game that shoots well, theme be damned. Pinball is supposed to be fun and there's all kinds of fun to be had with cartoon themes. All this serious crap, skulls, blades, danger "cool manly shit" gets boring after a while. Very one-dimensional.

First of all could u please list the modern games with those "cool manly shit" attributes so I can buy them immediately. The fact that u can play anything shoots well and theme be damned just isn't something we all share. I'll even admit I'm on the extreme side of that. Its permeates ever facet of life, always been that way. If I'm at a bar and the music sucks I'm leaving. If I'm out to dinner lets say at a patio and the table next to me has a very confused man with flip flops or other kind of open toed shoes, again leaving. Its like I wouldn't hang a poster of TMNT anywhere on the premises, its not something I'm into and yeah that means the pin isn't coming in either. But I get that others can. Wait...................no I can't at all actually.

#80 3 years ago

I love all pinball. So I don't really have a rooting interest here. But I fear some might view SW "comic"....

#81 3 years ago

There must be some objective way to answer this question.

#82 3 years ago

Turtle Hater Power!!!!

Let’s go get some pizza gang!

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

First of all could u please list the modern games with those "cool manly shit" attributes so I can buy them immediately. The fact that u can play anything shoots well and theme be damned just isn't something we all share. I'll even admit I'm on the extreme side of that. Its permeates ever facet of life, always been that way. If I'm at a bar and the music sucks I'm leaving. If I'm out to dinner lets say at a patio and the table next to me has a very confused man with flip flops or other kind of open toed shoes, again leaving. Its like I wouldn't hang a poster of TMNT anywhere on the premises, its not something I'm into and yeah that means the pin isn't coming in either. But I get that others can. Wait...................no I can't at all actually.

MY BROTHER FROM SOME OTHER MOTHER lol. I have NEVER understood how a man can actually leave his house in mf flip flops. Put your nasty fuckin toes up dude. Also, every bar I go to the music sucks which is why me and Bolt Thrower just stay home.
Metallik is a good friend of mine though, and he never wears anything but flop flops. Love ya bud but cover dem shits up mang lol.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Turtle Hater Power!!!!
Let’s go get some pizza gang!

Crown a bunga dude!

crown-royal-blended-canadian-whisky__40760.1415467397 (resized).jpgcrown-royal-blended-canadian-whisky__40760.1415467397 (resized).jpg
#85 3 years ago

I'm actually really excited to play this. But I don't get out much. I'm also really excited to play the last 3 Stern releases lol. Have about 10 games on JP2, def need more of that. EVHOH was fun too. Loved the horror B movie animations.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That dumb fucking song alone would be enough to have me reaching for the cyanide. I don’t know how you people do it.

I am glad someone said it.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

MY BROTHER FROM SOME OTHER MOTHER lol. I have NEVER understood how a man can actually leave his house in mf flip flops. Put your nasty fuckin toes up dude. Also, every bar I go to the music sucks which is why me and Bolt Thrower just stay home.
Metallik is a good friend of mine though, and he never wears anything but flop flops. Love ya bud but cover dem shits up mang lol.

Before we started dating, a girl once asked me if I own flip flops. I said no, never have, never will. I think girls know that shit is nasty too. I'm sure its comfortable, but damn. Yuck.

#88 3 years ago

Women's feet are one thing. "Mostly" beautiful.
But dudes....NO.
At the grocery or gas station, sure, I get it. But at a restaurant? I've called more than one motherfucker out for it. And there will be more.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That dumb fucking song alone would be enough to have me reaching for the cyanide.

Well fuck fuckity fuck....come on over and we’ll take some splinter shots And see who the real fuckin man is...

F8D5EA3B-6BA6-47A4-983C-35BCFF9466B8 (resized).jpegF8D5EA3B-6BA6-47A4-983C-35BCFF9466B8 (resized).jpeg
#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No way, no how. Theme SUCKS

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Since I was a kid I wouldn't tolerate that kind of insolence, I've bagged many a friends sandaled or flopped feet, simple as a shopping bag and elastic band. They not only have embarrassed me but themselves. I always let them know if such treachery was committed again, that it would result in a rusty hatchet and hack and slash at the ankle.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Since I was a kid I wouldn't tolerate that kind of insolence, I've bagged many a friends sandaled or flopped feet, simple as a shopping bag and elastic band. They not only have embarrassed me but themselves. I always let them know if such treachery was committed again, that it would result in a rusty hatchet and hack and slash at the ankle.

LOL

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What can I say, I just hate the teenage mutant fucking ninja turtles and it depresses me that there are adults who gravitate towards this IP. I’d be embarrassed to have one in my home.
Cowabunga dude!! Pizza!
Lamest thing possible. Munsters far superior.

I don't agree with you on this but the way you said it is so F'n funny I had to give you kudos.

This is how I feel about Maiden.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

To me, TWD seems like one of the best pins of all time. I don't understand why it continues to slip in the rankings. It's also probably the modern game I see for sale the most on the 2nd hand market. You can't look at pins for sale anywhere without tripping over a TWD Premium or even an LE or two.

If it'd had comic art it'd be consistently Top 10 (except for those that keep getting punished by it). Custom translite helps!

twd (resized).jpgtwd (resized).jpgtwd1 (resized).jpgtwd1 (resized).jpg
#95 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

More like GayGun...amiright? [quoted image]

Now I understand why the demand for a Queen pin is so high on this forum

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Women's feet are one thing. "Mostly" beautiful.
But dudes....NO.
At the grocery or gas station, sure, I get it. But at a restaurant? I've called more than one motherfucker out for it. And there will be more.

Generally yes I agree with the flip flop thing. But there’s a pandemic on bro. If I run downstairs to buy a yoo hoo im just throwing on the flops. It ain’t a black tie!!!

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I don't agree with you on this but the way you said it is so F'n funny I had to give you kudos.
This is how I feel about Maiden.

See this guy gets it. Sometimes you just have a hate that’s pure and true and need to express it. And a hate that true...well of course you are gonna think anybody who disagrees with you is an idiot. At least when it comes to That.

Doesn’t make you an “elitist.”

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

there’s a pandemic on bro.

Can't find any YouTube vids of A Pandemic you got a link bro?

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

All this serious crap, skulls, blades, danger "cool manly shit" gets boring after a while. Very one-dimensional.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

Now I understand why the demand for a Queen pin is so high on this forum

Man your family is going to bully you something fierce when that bad boy is delivered.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 22.50
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 64.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 16.00
There are 195 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-turtles-the-best-borg-ever-or-is-it-hype-/page/2?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.