20150418_165533.jpg
20150418_165550.jpg
20150418_165602-970.jpg
20150418_165612-10.jpg
blahblahblah.jpg
.png
beat_dead_horse.jpg
trin-lives-1.jpg
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

A very interesting ebay listing just popped up in the last day or two from Automated.

ebay.com link: TRON LEGACY PRO Pinball Game by Stern with TRON GIRLS TRANSLIGHT BRAND NEW

I just find it interesting that this is being listed now, for this price, approximately 2-3 months before the next announced game...

#2 9 years ago

Wow! That's a real bargain. I'm not convinced that's any indication of a forthcoming Tron VE. It looks like more of an example of sucker fishing.

#3 9 years ago

Seems like a good deal for someone who wants to upgrade from a crummy LE.

#4 9 years ago

10G's
That's alot of cheddar!

#5 9 years ago

For 10k I will sell my heavily modded Tron Pro with external subwoofer and I will be a nice guy and cut 1000 bucks off the total sale! What a bargain

#6 9 years ago

If that sells, I'll totally have to sell my 3D translite machine that is NIB awaiting my new house for like $15k.

#7 9 years ago

Right now You can buy abrand new NIB 4th Ed for $6500 from any dealer. This over-stock that still exists tells me 1 of 2 things. 1) People aren't buying current Inventory available today in hopes to save $1000 if a VE is made or 2) The Tron market is full and can't take on any more games.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Right now You can buy abrand new NIB 4th Ed for $6500 from any dealer. This over-stock that still exists tells me 1 of 2 things. 1) People aren't buying current Inventory available today in hopes to save $1000 if a VE is made or 2) The Tron market is full and can't take on any more games.

1 is kind of the answer. Lots of people in the market but none of us are willing to spend that kind of money on this title, especially un-modded. If those distributors put them up for current pro pricing I'd bet they would sell out in a week if not a couple of days.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If those distributors put them up for current pro pricing I'd bet they would sell out in a week if not a couple of days.

They would be gone in days.

#10 9 years ago

1) People aren't buying current Inventory available today in hopes to save $1000 if a VE is made

I am more in this camp. If Stern didn't do an IM VE I would probably go ahead with the NIB Pro - at this point I will just wait a bit longer. If I could swing it I would get the TRON LE. I am already in on the Hobbit - so I just can't budget 18 thousand this year in pinball machines - and that is just for 2 pins

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

so I just can't budget 18 thousand this year in pinball machines - and that is just for 2 pins

Im on the same page... not a millionaire yet lol

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

A very interesting ebay listing just popped up in the last day or two from Automated.
ebay.com link » Tron Legacy Pro Pinball Game By Stern With Tron Girls Translight Brand New
I just find it interesting that this is being listed now, for this price, approximately 2-3 months before the next announced game...

Just last year (May 6th to be exact) I got a quote from a distributor for a NIB (just like this ebay one) for 6K plus 250 shipping. That is quite a price jump. What exactly is the going price for a NIB TRON PRO anyway? So I can get a Hobbit for 8K and a TRON PRO for 10K? and I thought the TRON LE price is bonkers

Though TRON LE is a helluva drug...

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Wow! That's a real bargain. I'm not convinced that's any indication of a forthcoming Tron VE. It looks like more of an example of sucker fishing.

I know that Greg and DaveH agree with that - but there is a problem. If true that is bad form from Automated no? TRON PRO isn't offered on their site (and hasn't for a while). Perhaps they know something about a VE or playing on fact that someone who wants a TRON PRO NIB doesn't expect a VE?

http://www.pinballsandgames.com/stern-pinballs-new.html

I don't know if there will be a TRON VE or not (and caring less each month), but something seems odd to me.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It looks like more of an example of sucker fishing.

+1 to sucker fishing

#15 9 years ago

I actually think that if they priced it at $5.5K-$6K it would be more indicative of a VE coming. At this price it wont sell and if a VE came out before it was to sell they would just be losing money on the potential price increase of it over what a VE would cost.

Anyone that pays $10K for that deserves what they get as a simple google search would bring up one for $6.2K at pinball life (which I still think is to high).

#16 9 years ago

I am convinced this thread is another example of the OP trolling to get a Tron within his budget. Why not bump one of the 50 other threads you spew this Tron VE crap in?

Automated has sold out of production NIB at increased prices for 10+ years. More power to them.

#17 9 years ago

I think the eBay listing is more of an advertisement that they have one. People will see it and contact them and ask if they would take X amount instead. Even if someone offers $7500, they still come out way ahead if they take it. And if they manage to find a sucker at that price, they come out more ahead. Win/win for them. They know they can always sell it for market rate if they need/want to.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Why not bump one of the 50 other threads you spew this Tron VE crap in?

Between these and the endless LOTRVE speculation threads, I'm fatigued on the VE front altogether. I'm in the same camp as Goronic on this, in that I am starting to care less about it on each passing month. I'm looking forward to Alien and GOTG much much more. We need some new material!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

ebay.com link » Tron Legacy Pro Pinball Game By Stern With Tron Girls Translight Brand New

Nothing interesting about retailers looking for impatient newbees with more cash than brains.

Associating this listing with the likelihood of Stern doing a "Tron VE" is very wishful thinking.

snaroff

#20 9 years ago

A Tron VE would be a $5000 machine anyway... for that why not just buy one used

I sold a pro not that long ago for like $4800 and even at that price it didn't move for months

I think crazy asking prices are getting to you guys

#21 9 years ago

Automated is Stern's biggest distributor. I'm sure they will catch wind of new games before us. The game isn't listed on their site. Stern releases new games every 4-5 months. It's been 2.5 since Wrestlemania was announced. Last year, Iron Man VE was announced May/June (I don't remember the exact date). This machine hasn't been listed in the past 10 months.

Just a lot of coincidences...

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Automated is Stern's biggest distributor. I'm sure they will catch wind of new games before us. The game isn't listed on their site. Stern releases new games every 4-5 months. It's been 2.5 since Wrestlemania was announced. Last year, Iron Man VE was announced May/June (I don't remember the exact date). This machine hasn't been listed in the past 10 months.
Just a lot of coincidences...

You should absolutely not buy any pins until they make a Tron VE with all the features you require. It's the only logical thing to do

#23 9 years ago

Right now You can buy abrand new NIB 4th Ed for $6500 from any dealer.

Well, that's the issue then, isn't it? Sure there's some NIB Trons available. $6500 is clearly a price point that doesn't match the market demand if they are hanging around for that price. That's ripe for a VE.

#24 9 years ago

No. All these rumors of more VE's being made are just that. There was 1 VE Made & that's it. No more to come.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

No. All these rumors of more VE's being made are just that. There was 1 VE Made & that's it. No more to come.

Yeah, right. Why poison the well with just one VE? Now that Stern has tempered the resale market for any modern Stern, they might as well just go for broke.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Automated services sells pins way to high and not to mention there customer service sucks.

#27 9 years ago

It's Roller Coaster Tycoon VE. You're all wrong. My treasure trolls told me.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Automated services sells pins way to high and not to mention there customer service sucks.

I don't know about their customer service, but they have the best advertised price on WOZ.

#29 9 years ago

Lets make more threads about this.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Yeah, right. Why poison the well with just one VE? Now that Stern has tempered the resale market for any modern Stern, they might as well just go for broke.

Someone seriously hasn't been paying attention to Sterns history when it comes to re-running games. So this last time they called it a "Vault Edition". Big freakin deal. I would hardly classify that as "poisoning the well".

#31 9 years ago

Can we just go ahead and add TRON VE to the database so I can add it to my wish list

....LOTR VE too

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Why are you so angry and bitter? It is OK if they do reruns because pinball is part on location also and not just for collectors who want to own something others can't have. I just want you to be happy for once.

I like the element of surprise on the VE's. They should rerun IM again if people keep asking $5000+ for their preowned games. I say this and I own IM. I am in this for fun though, so if my IM goes down so will the ACDC, MET, Tron and SM that I may get in the future.

Everything will be OK.

#33 9 years ago

New games are nice too! Let's not get too hung up on remakes...

#34 9 years ago

Tron is awesome !!!

I play my Tron LE every day.
It totally rocks and there's like endless new mods always coming out for it.
Wish everyone had one

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I play my Trin LE every day.

TRIN? You are officially banned from the lovefest thread, cmon dude!

#36 9 years ago

his avatar is perfect though

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

I know we can't always trust everything that Gary says - but - he has said on many occasions on video and quoted in articles that they plan to do more VE's. Perhaps I shouldn't, but I believe he will. So it is not IF they will do another vault, but which and when. My guess would be TRON, but after Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons - I haven't a clue what they will and won't remake.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TRIN? You are officially banned from the lovefest thread, cmon dude!

Quickly edit you post labnip...hurry

EDIT: I think he gets a little too excited when typing TRON and it just happens...

EDIT 2: Perhaps labnip is sleeping, or playing TRON pinball - or sleeping with TRON pinball

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

So it is not IF they will do another vault, but which and when.

I agree... Tron would be a pretty good bet since it would be a good way to get rid of SAM boards now that they have Spike and it has pretty low BOM

LOTR would be another VE candidate but it would require White Star emulation in Spike which I think is probably on their to-do list but I doubt it's done

#40 9 years ago

Actually, I have a question. Is there an 'easy?' way to determine if Stern, JJP, or other Pinball manufacturer acquires or renews a license? or is it not public knowledge unless it is disclosed by one of the parties?

#41 9 years ago

I'm sure there are NDAs involved

but if you knew someone at Middle-earth Enterprises or Disney, you could ask nicely

#42 9 years ago

(VE version of shirt, don't have the license any more. Skit-B says everything will be ok with it soon.)

trin-lives-1.jpgtrin-lives-1.jpg

#43 9 years ago

New price is $9,495.00

I guess no takers at $10k.

#44 9 years ago

OMFG!

beat_dead_horse.jpgbeat_dead_horse.jpg
2 weeks later
#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

OMFG!

beat_dead_horse.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I don't know if it's about beating a dead horse or actually letting Stern know what those of us collectors without Tron's are crossing our fingers for. I for one finally got a chance to play one last August down in Disney and wanted to see what they hype was about and I really dig it... I firmly believe at some point within the next 2 years they will re-release a Tron Vault Edition. The 3rd Tron movie supposedly starts to film in Sept. Yes I also would like to see other NEW Stern titles come out such as a revamped Back To The Future, Led Zeppelin, Tom Petty, The Beatles, Jaws, possibly the new Jurassic World, Star Wars etc... But I think Tron VE just feels like it's on the horizon. I've seen both positive and negative responses from current Tron owners about another one being released... hopefully it happens.

#46 9 years ago

I feel it's got to be one of these 3 for a VE
1. LOTR
2. SM
3. Tron

#47 9 years ago

If they would really try to do something epic, I'd love to just see a totally new Tron pin for the 3rd movie. If they are just going to go through the motions to satisfy the hipster hordes, then yeah, just do a VE. Tron is awesome!

I'll say it again, if Stern did a retro Tron LE ala WWE, they would freaking kill it. It would be the quickest sellout in the history of pinball.

#48 9 years ago

Nope...it's gonna be Jurassic World. I'd put $$ on it.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Nope...it's gonna be Jurassic World. I'd put $$ on it.

If they can incorporate a Mosasaur eating the ball ala the previews, hell yeah!!!!

#50 9 years ago

No.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-tron-ve-on-the-way and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.