• Latest reply 11 years ago by Jeremecium
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

The_rules_have_changed.JPG
TRON.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 11 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I wasn't around here 11 months ago so this thread is brand new to me, I'll throw my 2 cents of an opinion in and say for sure this machine is a top 20 game. It just rocks. Has pretty much everything you could want in a pinball machine and if you're a fan of the Tron theme it's just icing on the cake.

Definitely a top 20 Stern.

#106 11 years ago

I like Tron ALOT better than I used to. It is an exciting, beautiful pin. I can think of 4 or 5 Sterns off the top of my head that I prefer. Could very well be a top 20 all time pin, but I don't think of it in terms of "all time greats" like I do with certain pins. Hype and love aside, like most pins, I think there will be plenty of HUO Trons available in a couple years. Even from the people that NEVER sell their pins. But since my crystal ball is broken, I cant say for sure.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#120 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Dave O's playfield looks like it was meant to look.

Dave's Tron is rad. I've already requested dibs on it if he ever wants to sell. Of course i'm probably not the only one and he hasn't offered me anything...

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

we will see but I think the difference this time is the 2k in mods. Normally folks will cycle a game based on play but TRON is not only super fun but its also a trophy wife. All decked out she is just stunning to look at. Even if I did not play it after the money spent on mods it will stay in a corner shining in all its glory. Now lucky for me its fun as heck to play.
I bet that curtails some of the usual dumping that happens down the road.

Dude, my LOTR is stunning and it's totally stock. I understand your point, but I still think for most people space, money and the new thing are what influence the majority of this hobby. Trons will change hands, modded or not...and if not Trons, something else! Maybe something even better! Like LOTRs!

3 weeks later
#233 11 years ago
Quoted from drummerweene:

Very well said. This game needs to be in a home enivronment, outfitted with LEDs's, EL wire ramps, and the sound turned up. (maybe a little under the influence of something I will tell you NO pinball has ever tied a theme so well to a game. I feel like I get lost in the grid when I have a real good game on it. Once the quorra multiball is going, I add the 2 more balls, and have a four ball, play the shit out of it, and then flow into maybe disk or light cycle multi, and then finally hit the sea of simulation, there is NOTHING like it. DO NOT judge this game by your experience in an arcade. Find one that is setup correctly, and play it a bunch and you will Get it. The people who rate it the way it deserves do so because they "GET it"

Can say the same about TFLE...which is way more intense than Tron when the fur starts to fly.

Full disclosure: I own - just traded for -TFLE...and I turned down an offer of a NIB Tron to make the trade for TFLE. Having played both - and Tron quite alot - I felt TFLE had more to it and was more fun. So far I believe I made the right choice. And that's with the roadblock.

Post edited by TheFamilyArcade : Clarifying my post with some details.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-tron-really-a-top-20-game?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.