Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wheels
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo 3.JPG
    image-786.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    photo 5.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

I have this TRON playfield that I acquired. Guy told me it was a TRON LE playfield. Can you confirm?

Sticker says Tron Premium 400 of 435.

FYI Im taking offers.

photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG
    photo 4.JPGphoto 4.JPG
    photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG
    photo 5.JPGphoto 5.JPG

#2 10 years ago

It is the LE playfield.

#4 10 years ago

It says 435 of 400!

400 is how many LEs were made, they made extra pfs.

More clearcoat on the LE if I recall.

(and OMG, it's "different THAN".)

#5 10 years ago

Silver around inserts is an LE. You have an LE playfield

#6 10 years ago

Thanks guys! Ok what is it worth?

I figure if you find a routed LE this would be an easy swap/upgrade.

#7 10 years ago

Probably not as much as you'd think... sourcing the parts to turn a pro into a LE may be well on nigh-impossible, so I would expect that this is probably only useful to a LE owner that wants an extra playfield or someone with more money than sense as wall art...

#8 10 years ago

Wait!!!! That sticker on the edge of the pf says premium on it

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Wait!!!! That sticker on the edge of the pf says premium on it ...

Didn't all the LE's say "Premium" on the box?

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Wait!!!! That sticker on the edge of the pf says premium on it

So did the LE boxes iirc.

Edit: Tooooo sloooowwwwww

#11 10 years ago

one just sold on pinside for 750.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Didn't all the LE's say "Premium" on the box?

Yes it said premium on it. I bought mine NIB $5499 now it is hard to buy a pro for that.

#13 10 years ago

Found a pic of my tron LE image-1.jpgimage-1.jpgimage-786.jpgimage-786.jpg

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

Yes it said premium on it. I bought mine NIB $5499 now it is hard to buy a pro for that.

What a racket theyve got going, after my next 2 NIB purchases Im done.

#15 10 years ago

I have had several PMs. I have it in the market place for 1000 shipped in US. I dont think this common. It has extra clearcoat, mylar and silver around inserts. Looks great.

photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG

#16 10 years ago

It's common enough that this is the second one for sale in two days.

#18 10 years ago

It also has extra inserts under the recognizer (i think)

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

It also has extra inserts under the recognizer (i think)

Yes there is.

#21 10 years ago

No its not mine. That one sold in a day.

#22 10 years ago

More like one minute.

#23 10 years ago

Hasn't actually sold quite yet. Pending pickup on the 23rd. We'll see.

#24 10 years ago

My friend has one also... There is one tron le on location in the USA that I can think of that will need a new play field. Some day ill grab that game

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

My friend has one also... There is one tron le on location in the USA that I can think of that will need a new play field. Some day ill grab that game

There is definitely one at the PHOF.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Hasn't actually sold quite yet. Pending pickup on the 23rd. We'll see.

I'll be there.

#27 10 years ago

There is a sad LE on location in Disneyland here in California that could use a new PF.

Joe(acejedi)

#28 10 years ago

yep. Tron Premiums had the silver outlined inserts. Looks great imo

#29 10 years ago

cool, i just discovered that difference in the inserts colors... never noticed before

i suppose another diff is the space (larger) for the TRON targets (fixed - drop) !?

#30 10 years ago

Hi Av8 ,

You have a very unusual playfield there .

It has the silver outline around the inserts the same as a LE playfield ....

BUT ...

The LE playfields should have both John Borg's and Gary Stern's signature on them under the clear coat ( in the outlane just below where the flippers are ) .

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from MIL:

Hi Av8 ,
    You have a very unusual playfield there .
    It has the silver outline around the inserts the same as a LE playfield ....
    BUT ...
    The LE playfields should have both John Borg's and Gary Stern's signature on them under the clear coat ( in the outlane just below where the flippers are ) .

Believe this was only the first 50

#32 10 years ago

Hahaha. There ya go!

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from MIL:

The LE playfields should have both John Borg's and Gary Stern's signature on them under the clear coat

So what you're saying is his is worth more because it doesn't look ridiculous?

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

There is definitely one at the PHOF.

There's also a Tron LE on location at the Strong National Museum of Play in Rochester NY, but the playfield on that one is still in pretty good shape.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from todler:

Believe this was only the first 50 ...

This is correct. Only the first 50 have the signatures.

#37 10 years ago

seller is a complete ass. I made a gentleman's agreement with him on Friday to hold the playfield until Monday (at which point I would have the funds in my paypal account). he agreed. I sent my cell no. in case he needed to reach me.

6 hours later (when I wasn't sitting at my computer), he pm's me again, asking if I really want it. I replied as soon as I saw the message, but apparently that wasn't good enough, because in that 3 hour window Av8 went and sold it to another person.

really disappointed in the fact that he never reached out after accepting the terms and felt the need to air this out publicly because I feel screwed.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

seller is a complete ass. I made a gentleman's agreement with him on Friday to hold the playfield until Monday (at which point I would have the funds in my paypal account). he agreed. I sent my cell no. in case he needed to reach me.
    6 hours later (when I wasn't sitting at my computer), he pm's me again, asking if I really want it. I replied as soon as I saw the message, but apparently that wasn't good enough, because in that 3 hour window Av8 went and sold it to another person.
    really disappointed in the fact that he never reached out after accepting the terms and felt the need to air this out publicly because I feel screwed.

If they are that common, they'll be another one tomorrow....................

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'm sorry to hear that. I thought I had an agreement with Av8 that he would wait until today for my response. I thought that was really nice of him since he definitely had no obligation to do so. I guess I was mistaken.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-tron-le-playfield-different-then-pro-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.