(Topic ID: 184764)

Is TPF now the premiere show in the US?

By gweempose

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Expo '16 Registration (resized).PNG
    17629721_10213335413043953_8562977324350003189_n (resized).jpg
    snowman_over (resized).jpg
    biggertexas_1024x1024_1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Done it a few times now, and like Jerry Seinfeld says I can't back to economy now, I can't I won't.

The Diplomat Club!

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Chicago deserves a pinball show. It just needs new organizers or someone to start a whole new show. The old guards and their set ways are killing it. It has actually outgrown it's current location as you cannot find any parking during peak times. Trying to walk across Milwaukee Ave is a true to life game of Frogger. It needs to be closer to mass transit.

Gene, Gene, the Dancing Machine started the infamous Illinois Pinball Show a couple miles South of Expo at the Pal-Waukee Airport Hotel. What a great venue; Potato Basket anyone?

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Yes,
    TPF weekend pass $65
    Expo pass $240
    TPF is huge
    Expo is medium sized
    Vendors love TPF
    Vendors are hit and miss on Expo
    Ed and Kim are awesome
    Mike is Mike

To be fair, Expo's $240.00 ($230.00 when paid for in advance) "package" includes the banquet; a $90.00 value.
    Stern Tour; a $50.00 value
    Seminars; a $60.00 value
    Bumper Jumper Blast party with decent, included food, gotta be worth something, say $20.00?
    Expo is called a 5 day show. At least it's a 4 day show.

As for the "free booze" at TPF, nothing's free, it's "included" with your room at the host hotel. Staying somewhere else? No free booze for you unless you rip them off (As Mike sez: That'S tHEfT of SeRVicES). Same with the free breakfast.
    I recall one time when I stayed at an EmbassySuites or Doubletree by O'Hare and they didn't have the normal "Manager's complimentary cocktail party". When I asked about it they said there was some Illinois or Cook COuNty law that prohibited it. But, they gave you a freebie from the Mini-Bar. A beer was worth eight bucks and there was no tip jar.

Not saying one is better than the other as TPF sure was blast last time I went. Believe me, both shows are a money grab.

#82 7 years ago

Chicagoland.
    Like the Metroplex.

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Trying to justify the high cost of Expo is a bit of a stretch. The banquet is certainly not worth $90 nor is the tour $50.
    Putting TPF in the same league with regard to "cash grab" is just silly.

I like how the Expo registration websi, I mean order form, lists the pricing for the items you say are certainly not worth the prices charged as "ONLY $90.00" and ONLY "$50.00"

Also, Expo has the game hall open through the night from Friday at 1 pm until the show closes on Sunday. No other North American show does that to date.

Expo '16 Registration (resized).PNGExpo '16 Registration (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-tpf-now-officially-the-premiere-show-in-the-us?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.