(Topic ID: 184764)

Is TPF now the premiere show in the US?

By gweempose

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Expo '16 Registration (resized).PNG
    17629721_10213335413043953_8562977324350003189_n (resized).jpg
    snowman_over (resized).jpg
    biggertexas_1024x1024_1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadderack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Well,
    As an inside observer, TPF wipes the floor OVERALL with any of the various pin-shows throughout the state.
    You want celebrities? Check.
    You want cool industry vets causally chatting throughout the day with the public? Check.
    You want a good cross section-era of pins and a handful of vids to play? Check.
    Spooky, Heighway, JJP, AP and the newest Sterns on the floor to play? Check.
    Homebrew games? Check.
    Great vendors? Check.
    Bryan Kelly? Check.
    LIONMAN!!! Check.
    Ben Heck? Check.
    Kaneda? Ehhhhhh, UN-Check...
    Free breakfast AND happy hour unlimited drinks for two straight hours?!? Check and CHECK!
    Making new friends along the way and helping out others while tearing up a tad at Spooky's mini movie... Priceless!

You gotta admit, though... it was a priceless moment when the K man and Robin himself manhugged over at Wild Pitch. Damn near a tear jerker there

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

I've been to a lot of airports and DFW is without a doubt the worst airport I've ever been to. It's tedious to get around, baggage claim is confusing, and I spent an awful night there about a year ago.

Small DFW airport-related rant

The worst aspect of the great weekend for me was the rental counter. It's bizarre that it's so far away from the airport itself. There aren't many clues where to go from the mass transit system to get to the counters... there are vague directions to "ground transportation" but then when you get to the place that says "rental cars" it isn't clear that you wait for a shuttle just to take you to a location about 4 miles away. I tried to call Hertz, but the number kept going to an answering machine with a full voice message box. Finally getting to the rental desk after all that aggravation, I see a "helpful" dude pulling people out of line and asking them if they have Hertz Gold... and taking others to talk to automated kiosks. Never said a peep to me.

I finally get to the counter and the dude did all of the most aggressive upsales he could to me. Extra insurance? No thanks, have it covered. Extra GPS? No thanks, have a smartphone. How can I avoid tolls? Oh, no sir. Don't avoid tolls. See the map? You'd have to make this zig-zag into downtown Dallas to get to Frisco (obviously a lie). After all that bulls___ he had to sense that I was exhausted from the flight and from the BS, but he didn't try to make things easier by offering any free upgrade. Just go get your Toyota Camry.

Five minutes after getting out on the road, of course, things were better. The phone figured out how to get to Frisco with no tolls (and no extra nickle-and-dime for Hertz along the way).

Getting back to the rental counter from Frisco is a different story. It's like the makers of the MAP app collude with Hertz to get you lost or something. The MAP app took me to the bus shuttle entrance... had to ask a person how to get the hell out of there to the return area.

I have to call Hertz corporate tomorrow to make sure my $200 "deposit" is refunded, since as of a few minutes ago it's still showing as an authorization on my card. I'm going to make it very clear to them that I'm not pleased.

All in all, a small fly in the ointment. The rest of the weekend was fantastic. But no more business for Hertz. It's sad that you'd have to join "Hertz Gold" in order to receive real customer service. I've used Alamo and Enterprise and Budget before and they were better than Hertz in every way.

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm really glad to see this since my Met (which was in the tourney area this year) was in your booth. I'd never asked and wondered. Missed ya at the show man.

Side note... glad to see you were having fun, Frax. With the red hankey on your head, there was no mistaking it

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

» YouTube video

Is that a baby-faced Josh Sharpe @ 2:13?

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

I am waiting for the dates to be set so I can book a room early early this year!
    Otherwise back to the Springhill suites

Hyatt House wasn't bad; great consolation prize were the waffles at breakfast.

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

How close was it? We're probably going to stay there because I've got free nights to burn.

Right across the street. 4 lane hwy... but kinda dead after business hrs. You can totally jaywalk.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadderack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-tpf-now-officially-the-premiere-show-in-the-us?tu=chadderack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.