Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8688.jpg
IMG_1091.jpg
IMG_1102.jpg
IMG_1106.jpg
Lucious.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ika.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Here’s my question to all the nit-wit haters: if TOTAN is shit, then why is it priced at $6,500 and up for an average machine? Riddle me that, geniuses. Hands down – TOTAN is a Mt. Rushmore pin – along with IJ, TZ and AFM. Bright, fast and fun!

..just like I don't see how anyone likes the POS EMs you drool over. Slow. Garbage.

since you asked here's the answer from one of nit-wit haters:

1. many of the collectors seem to have the sheep herd mentality - when a pin is voted good and price starts to climb many jump on the wagon, some of them because they possess it and want to make a buck on it, some of them just like to own something that is highly coveted by others
2. it is a rarely beautiful pin with non-licensed (so its rep can't be hurt by a bad movie), but familiar exotic fairytales theme, beautiful artwork, cool toys, magnets, whirling ramps, excellent sound (dynamic and interesting performance of the narrator and the sexy female genie helper) and the goal with the higher meaning - is there anything better than fighting the evil supernatural villain to save the imprisoned princess?
3. be it as it may, even with cool toys - genie bash toy, spinning lamp, magnets in unexpected places, shooting stars saving your outlane drains, this game is severely lacking in gameplay substance: modes are boring because they are simplistic: shoot this X times or shoot those X shots once and then shoot the ramp to complete and they all reuse the same shots and you can wish away some of them for completion. Spinning the lamp and shooting fireballs at genie gets stale soon. I played routed one many times and spent hours playing perfect one in Prater park in Vienna this summer. I think it would be perfect for non-pinheads and as a thing to look at home and play few games occasionally, but just not enough staying power for a serious player as only pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 36.95
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ika.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-totan-really-that-much-fun?tu=Ika and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.