Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Bohm
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230129_093833 (resized).jpg
    89FCF759-9DA0-4208-BCA4-08E24675312E (resized).jpeg
    tenor (2).gif
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

I ordered a Spider-Man topper in February from TiltTopper and can't seem to get a response from Dan Habeboo . I've sent 3 PMs over the past couple of months and an email with no response to any of them. I'm a patient guy, but 4 months with no response seems a bit strange. I'm fine if it's going to be another month or so, but some kind of response would be nice. His profile shows that he logs in to Pinside almost daily. Anyone else able to get responses from him?

#2 1 year ago

I ordered an Iron Maiden topper about a month and a half ago. I don't expect to get it already but I have sent two emails just to acknowledge my order and maybe get a timeline on when I could expect it and have got no response. Not sure why because it's not too hard just to send a quick email to acknowledge you.
    It's a bummer to hear you've been waiting 4 months and have no response.
    I hope they are still in business or we should see some refunds lol.

#3 1 year ago

Actually looking back at my order July 1st will be 2 months...

#4 1 year ago

I order a willi wonka topper, originally said 2 weeks but 3 months later nothing I cancel my order won’t buy there again. Not worth the hassle.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blackzarak:

I order a willi wonka topper, originally said 2 weeks but 3 months later nothing I cancel my order won’t buy there again. Not worth the hassle.

It sucks as his toppers are attractive and the only option for many games. I would order 2 more for different games if I knew I would receive them in a reasonable amount of time.

#6 1 year ago

TiltTopper is the heir apparent to Matt McKee's incredible toppers. It would be a shame if he stopped making them. Both guys did absolutely beautiful work...and didn't make you forfeit your firstborn child as payment like the big companies are doing.

#7 1 year ago

There is no excuse for not returning emails. None!

#8 1 year ago

Yea, something is probably up and it dates far back. I ordered an Iron Maiden topper back in Nov 2021 and never received it into March this year. They did eventually respond to my second email, and said "they were waiting on parts to build more Maidens", but by then I just asked for a refund. It took another 6 weeks to get refund (so May 2022).

Then when you look at thier site it says they will have Mandalorian toppers coming Fall 2021...it's almost Fall 2022 and still no Mando topper LOL.

Shame as they make great toppers.

#9 1 year ago

Hello everyone. I really must apologize to anyone who didn’t receive an email response. We would never avoid getting back to anyone. I have been doing this quite a while and always try to get back to people in a timely manner. We have had a terrible issue arise when people are replying to our automated receipts. For some reason these emails have been getting automatically archived and we don’t even see the original trail! It’s very frustrating because it doesn’t show it being a new email when archived. It just adds it to the bottom of a trail. It had been happening for a while but we finally noticed this about three weeks ago. I have been searching through archived emails every day to try and see if any have a new content. We have addressed this issue with our email provider and switched our automated receipt emails to a new Go Daddy account. New replies are working fine now. I have had an email link below for anyone who needs to get a hold of us or hasn’t had an answer. Please use this email address. You may also feel free to contact us on in several different manners as we have all of our contact information on the website. Feel free to email, text or call for information an updates. Communication is very important and I apologize again to anybody who was missed.

As most people know Pinball has really exploded in the last two years. We have had several designs in the works but definitely cannot release anything new as we’ve been so busy. Unfortunately around last Christmas we began to have supply chain issues with some of our light control modules. These are used in a few of our toppers including Terminator, Iron Maiden, Iron Man and a few others. They come from overseas and we have been able to find small batches of these from other suppliers but it’s been very frustrating for us at times. However, we always offer a prompt refund to anybody who doesn’t want to wait. I have built many great relationships in the Pinball community over the past eight years and I cherish them greatly. Although the past 6–8 months has been tough, We continue to work extremely hard on our designs and work. We will continue to get units out as quickly as possible and hopefully with better communication. My apologies again to anybody who felt overlooked as it definitely wasn’t intentional. Thanks-D

[email protected]

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Habeboo:

Hello everyone. I really must apologize to anyone who didn’t receive an email response. We would never avoid getting back to anyone. I have been doing this quite a while and always try to get back to people in a timely manner. We have had a terrible issue arise when people are replying to our automated receipts. For some reason these emails have been getting automatically archived and we don’t even see the original trail! It’s very frustrating because it doesn’t show it being a new email when archived. It just adds it to the bottom of a trail. It had been happening for a while but we finally noticed this about three weeks ago. I have been searching through archived emails every day to try and see if any have a new content. We have addressed this issue with our email provider and switched our automated receipt emails to a new Go Daddy account. New replies are working fine now. I have had an email link below for anyone who needs to get a hold of us or hasn’t had an answer. Please use this email address. You may also feel free to contact us on in several different manners as we have all of our contact information on the website. Feel free to email, text or call for information an updates. Communication is very important and I apologize again to anybody who was missed.
    As most people know Pinball has really exploded in the last two years. We have had several designs in the works but definitely cannot release anything new as we’ve been so busy. Unfortunately around last Christmas we began to have supply chain issues with some of our light control modules. These are used in a few of our toppers including Terminator, Iron Maiden, Iron Man and a few others. They come from overseas and we have been able to find small batches of these from other suppliers but it’s been very frustrating for us at times. However, we always offer a prompt refund to anybody who doesn’t want to wait. I have built many great relationships in the Pinball community over the past eight years and I cherish them greatly. Although the past 6–8 months has been tough, We continue to work extremely hard on our designs and work. We will continue to get units out as quickly as possible and hopefully with better communication. My apologies again to anybody who felt overlooked as it definitely wasn’t intentional. Thanks-D
    [email protected]

Thank you for responding to this thread. I'm happy to hear that Tilt Topper is still around and that you've resolved your e-mail issues. I'll contact you to get a status update on my order.

#11 1 year ago

Thanks for the response. I'll contact you for status on my order as well

3 weeks later
    #12 1 year ago

Habeboo i just pm'd you on my IronMan topper order as well. thanks.

2 weeks later
    #13 1 year ago

Habeboo i just pm'd you on my IronMan topper order as well. thanks.

#14 1 year ago

/ double post \

Habeboo

#15 1 year ago

I recently received a STTNG topper (my 5th One from Tilt)

I did have a Willy Wonka on order too, but I think the light board was delayed or some part not available to make it?

He refunded me after waiting a couple months. No issues for me except for that.

I had good communication. I texted him usually and got reply same-day.

#16 1 year ago

Any word on my Iron Maiden topper? I sent you a few emails but haven't heard back from you. Maybe they are not coming thru. Just curious on the status or when it is shipping?
    Thanks.

3 weeks later
    #17 1 year ago

Habeboo any update on my order? still havent received anything. thanks.

#18 1 year ago

When I got my JP topper from them last year, they were super responsive before I paid my invoice. Then once I paid my invoice, it was nothing. They told me after I paid that I would receive it in 7-10 days. After 2 weeks I hadn't heard anything so I emailed them and got nothing back. Then a week later I emailed again and nothing once again.

Then I bumped the JP topper thread on here, and then within a day or so I heard back about the status and that it was shipping soon. I believe they told me there was some excuse about not receiving my emails but it was convenient they received the emails prior to payment.

I did end up getting the topper and love it and it's great quality so no complaints there. But just taking 2 minutes to reply to emails goes a long way.

I hope you get your topper soon.

Here is the JP thread I posted in.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jurassic-park-topper-by-tilt-topper/page/4#post-6653550

2 weeks later
    #19 1 year ago

This guy still in business? Reached out three times to order a topper and no response.

#20 1 year ago

No clue. I sent an email to them about 2 weeks ago asking about a topper as well and heard nothing back.

#21 1 year ago

Its been 7 months since I paid for my IJ topper and still waiting. Site said 1-2 weeks to ship.
    - 2/24/22 ordered & paid
    - 3/17/22 checked in to make sure it was a go bc I hadn't received any shipping info yet.
    - 3/18/22 received reply stating that they expected it to ship in 10 days.
    - 5/24/22 checked in again. No response.
    - 6/21/22 checked in again and received a response from Dan saying the light control modules were finally in the US and alluded to working on them that following weekend.
    - 9/19/22 sent email asking for an update on my order. Not expecting a response.

Maybe someday. Maybe?

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Its been 7 months since I paid for my IJ topper and still waiting. Site said 1-2 weeks to ship.
    - 2/24/22 ordered & paid
    - 3/17/22 checked in to make sure it was a go bc I hadn't received any shipping info yet.
    - 6/21/22 checked in again and received a response from Dan saying the light control modules were finally in the US and alluded to working on them that following weekend.
    - 9/19/22 sent email asking for an update on my order. Not expecting a response.
    Maybe someday. Maybe?

They responded to my question this week saying 10 days for an order.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

They responded to my question this week saying 10 days for an order.

tenor (2).giftenor (2).gif
    #24 1 year ago

I had the same experience and canceled. It was not worth the hassle. Felt like smoke and mirrors.

#25 1 year ago

guy sure is horrible on customer service. took about 4 or 5 emails before he answered me about an order. Very unorganized

#26 1 year ago

It's funny because they have some of the red flags of a scam... But it's not a scam. They're just not good with communication or getting orders out the door on time.

#27 1 year ago

Has anyone received a topper from him recently? I have a similar experience and just want to see if anyone has had one delivered in the last 2/3 months? I did get a response and an estimate but that has passed without a shipping notification. I hope everything is alright with him/the business.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from demandecan55:

Has anyone received a topper from him recently? I have a similar experience and just want to see if anyone has had one delivered in the last 2/3 months? I did get a response and an estimate but that has passed without a shipping notification. I hope everything is alright with him/the business.

I got one about two months ago.

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from MLmotorsport:

- 2/24/22 ordered & paid
    Maybe someday. Maybe?

- 9/27/22 RECEIVED

I just wanted to make a quick post to say that I received my IJ topper. Dan let me know they somehow passed over my order when fulfilling these so he got one out to me almost overnight.

#30 1 year ago

It's just interesting how there is ALWAYS some kind of "oh we passed over this" or "oh we didn't see your email" excuse with this company. You would think by now they would be a bit more organized and have better communication after all of the issues people have seemed to have in this thread.

#31 1 year ago

Same issue here, maybe 1/5 emails get a response. Last was "will ship in 10 days" but so far nothing and its been 15 days. On my 2nd re-attempt to find out what is going on. For those that cancelled, did you just contact them or file a credit card chargeback?

2 months later
    #32 1 year ago

Anyone heard from them recently? I have a Star Trek and Willy Wonka topper fully paid May 23 this year. Heard from them in July that the LED modules were taking some time and have not heard back since... Are they still in business or am I out my $500?

#33 1 year ago

They email me back, but only if I go through their website. I was told it would ship within days/weeks for the last few months. They are responsive, but I have not had my item ship, and it's months past their due date.

The person responding seems nice, but I just want my Topper.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from demandecan55:

They email me back, but only if I go through their website. I was told it would ship within days/weeks for the last few months. They are responsive, but I have not had my item ship, and it's months past their due date.
    The person responding seems nice, but I just want my Topper.

I just got a Metallica topper from them last week.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from splitcms:

I just got a Metallica topper from them last week.

That is encouraging, thanks for the info! I don't think I will bug them again until next year.

#36 1 year ago

I got a Simpsons topper from them last month. I emailed him a couple times for updates and he always got back to me.

#37 1 year ago

I got my Beautiful Maiden Topper last Saturday.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I got my Beautiful Maiden Topper last Saturday.

89FCF759-9DA0-4208-BCA4-08E24675312E (resized).jpeg89FCF759-9DA0-4208-BCA4-08E24675312E (resized).jpeg
    #39 1 year ago

My Wonka topper took 9 months, got the same run around. We skipped over your order, etc. Communication was poor but I did finally get it.

#40 1 year ago

Just heard back and got refunded for Wonka. Was told the light modules are not working properly.

#41 1 year ago

I bought a dialed in topper from him a few years ago....recently emailed a few times for a Godzilla.....no response...weird way of doing business

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtp78:

I bought a dialed in topper from him a few years ago....recently emailed a few times for a Godzilla.....no response...weird way of doing business

They don't have a Godzilla one yet. He initially told me it would be ready by the end of November then I emailed him early December and now he says by the end of the month, if things go right.

I really have no clue what the deal is with their piss poor communication though. The same thing happened to me when I got my JP topper. It came like a month later and they didn't reply to any of my emails until it was just about to go out, and then I got some run around that my email got lost in their spam filter, even though they had replied to it previously.

Great products, really bad communication.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

I just ordered for Luci yesterday, quick reply to a few questions I had

#44 1 year ago

Quick to reply…before he has your money.

He had my money for nearly three years, took forever to respond to periodic requests for updates, then claimed he had no record of my order when I asked for a refund. Thankfully I saved my invoice. Never again. Not worth the hassle.

#45 1 year ago

I ordered a maiden topper on halloween. Mid nov i emailed on a status and got a reply that they would check, never heard back. Emailed yesterday for an update and if it would be here by christmas, they got back to me this morning that it will be going out this week

#46 1 year ago

I have no personal experience but pinball vendors can be very finicky. That's my nicer way to say it. It shouldn't be that complicated.

1 month later
    #47 1 year ago

#48 1 year ago

#49 1 year ago

Sent me an email last week and was supposed to send a payment link but crickets since and no link

#50 1 year ago

You will eventually get your topper. He always comes thru. I've bought many from him but it is a slow process. I agree it's not good communication but he does always come thru. You just have to be patient.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-tilttopper-still-in-business?hl=sluggo39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.