(Topic ID: 3245)

Is this worth investing in? (Bunch of EM's)

By ThePostmaster

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by glilly-BOA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Little_League.jpg
    Gin.jpg
    Travel_Time.jpg
    Magnotron.jpg
    EM_3.jpg
    EM_2.jpg
    EM_1.jpg
    #1 13 years ago

"Antique pinball machines and 1 sit in video game. Have been in storage for 10 years. They all worked when they were put into storage but have not tried them lately. Pinball games are Gin, Little League, Travel Time, and Magnitron. The sit in video game is Astron Ball by Sega. I also have one cabinet full of electronic boards, reels, manuals, and misc. that I have taken off other pinball machines. I also have some machines sitting out in the weather if you would like to take them for parts also. I also can tell you the name of a vendor that can supply parts if needed. They are all to be sold as 1 lot. $800.00 firm"

Last game is Magnotron, and video game is Astron Belt.

Was wondering if these were worth persuing. Price seems fair enough. What ya think?

EM_1.jpgEM_1.jpg EM_2.jpgEM_2.jpg EM_3.jpgEM_3.jpg

#2 13 years ago

i would go for it. Clean them up, keep the best one, and sell the others to cover the investment. Good luck

#3 13 years ago

That is a lot of work. if you are going to enjoy it yes.

#4 13 years ago

Wow thats a tough call I mean 4 EM projects for $800 ?
    worse case could you get $200 each if you cant get them working?
    and if you did get them going could you sell 2 @ $500 each?

might have to get more info by talking to the fellow first....but it is interesting

#5 13 years ago

Depends on how much you know about EM pins. I can guarantee they don't work right now. But, if you really know how to fix pins then yes. I would probably take them, although none of the titles are super valuable or rare or anything. That would be a good winter project

#6 13 years ago

BB55, I would but I also have worked on many EMs. If you enjoy the projects and can understand how EMs work and wiring diagrams do it. I didn't check your location, where are you? Regardless, my vote is go for it. Even if you can't get them all going if the parts and pieces work and clean up nice you could make your money back parting them out. Let us know what you decide and how things are going. Good luck.

#7 13 years ago

Hmm, EM's are just like more modern games in that there are good ones and not so good. I'd check IPDB to see how others rate the games first. If there is a good one in there then go for it but if not why bother?

#8 13 years ago

I haven't played any of those games. Looking at the playfields, the Magnotron appears to have the most interesting layout. I've always thought it would be cool to have a pitch and bat. The price sounds fair for the lot. It's just a matter of how much time and effort you want to devote to fixing them. As others have pointed out, I don't think you will lose money at that price. I've attached some photos of what the playfields should look like once they are cleaned up:

Magnotron.jpgMagnotron.jpg Travel_Time.jpgTravel_Time.jpg Gin.jpgGin.jpg Little_League.jpgLittle_League.jpg

#9 13 years ago

I remember playing the pitch & bat a ton as a kid, that's what got me interested. I think I'm going to ask him for some pics, as it's a couple hour drive away, and I just wasted $50 bucks in gas looking at the F-14 last Friday. If he sends me some, I'll post.

Never worked on an EM before, but I'm good with wiring & schematics.

#10 13 years ago

Well that would be a good test? Get all 3 very different pins working
    73 Wms. 74Gtb. & 74 C.C.M.

-if you survive this test grasshopper then you can leave the pinball temple
    and find your own path in the EM dead world...........

#11 13 years ago

Is there a market for EM's, and parts? I'm looking at the cabnet full of boards & parts, plus some left outside. Never know, maybe a diamond in the rough?

#12 13 years ago

You would have to do a search on the parts but I doubt it
    I hope your not planning to buy then part out those pins?

#13 13 years ago

I wouldn't part out the machines. I've never restored a machine before, and was looking at these as the perfect practice, in if I screw up, I didn't ruin a high dollar machine. Was just hoping to get some of my investment back in the parts in the cabnet, minus the ones I need to fix the machines I got.

#14 13 years ago

BB55, I have sold Pins to people who only wanted EMs. I don't know about your area but I find that some are only interested in the EMs and don't want anything to do with SS. LIke I said it might depend on your area, but again for me, that looks like a whole lot of fun.

#15 13 years ago

Go for it... You should be able to get your investment back. I'm currently doing the same thing on a slightly different scale and with SS rather than EM.

If you like doing the restoration, it's the best of both worlds.

G

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-worth-investing-in-bunch-of-ems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.