Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by YZRider926
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 12.44.52 AM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    87526-twentieth_century_fox (resized).jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Do "normal" people see us as actually giant, emotionally stunted children?

Define "normal".

If you don't have your place full of things that you played with in your childhood, or expensive memorials to TV shows or movies or other things from your childhood, or wear clothing that went out of style or pay homage to your childhood, I don't see how they could get that idea anyway.

Keep it real and be a man, and that is how others will see you, if you are concerned about that.

#52 3 years ago

Some of you guys hating on poor old DRK like he thinks pinball owners are nerds.
    So Koontz wrote a character who is a guy that owns pinball machines and hes a loser.
    Does this mean Koontz feels this way personally?
    Thomas Harris wrote a book with a character who is a serial killer and cannibal. Obviously, this means that Harris is a cannibal too, right?

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

like he thinks pinball owners are nerds.

All I can say is when owning a few commercial coin operated machines that can be used as gambling devices puts me into the category of being a nerd, it might be time to seek out a different hobby. But, thank goodness it will never come to that.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That is true of every hobby. If it brings happiness to you. That is what is important.
    LTG : )

...and remember: _everyone_ has a hobby that they spend way too much $$$ on. Ours just happens to be pinball.

#55 3 years ago

Dean Koontz is a dink. I'm an author. I have two books out and in both books I've had my characters playing pinball...positive depictions of the hobby.

#56 3 years ago

I don't think 6 pinballs is strange, I think it's a good start.

#57 3 years ago

Now if Dean said that about someone with six latex blow-up dolls, I could see his point. I personally think having one latex blow-up doll per every six pinball machines is just about right...

#58 3 years ago

Great discussion, guys. Upon reflection, especially since learning he has several pins himself, I think I was a little hard on old Deano. I should have said that one of his characters was thinking how the six pinballs meant another character was immature. And in an apartment littered with beer cans, it probably would.

I read Koontz when I run out of King to read. He's not that bad, he has some inventive stuff, and if he's a hack, he's a hack worth $145 million!

#59 3 years ago

Manchild for life!
    Yolo

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

All I can say is when owning a few commercial coin operated machines that can be used as gambling devices puts me into the category of being a nerd, it might be time to seek out a different hobby. But, thank goodness it will never come to that.

You strike me as more of an avocado nerd anyway.

#61 3 years ago

An acquaintance of mine has made quite a few negative remarks about my pins. I've always just ignored the comments except for one. He was putting in an above ground pool which he assured me was more fun than my pinball machines. My reply was simply, have fun selling your pool and getting your money back!

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

An acquaintance of mine has made quite a few negative remarks about my pins. I've always just ignored the comments except for one. He was putting in an above ground pool which he assured me was more fun than my pinball machines. My reply was simply, have fun selling your pool and getting your money back!

You should also say, as Todd Glass does, that if you're going to put an above-the-ground pool in your yard, you should at least have the decency to bury it!

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

You strike me as more of an avocado nerd anyway.

I've been called worse.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
    #64 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

An above ground pool is the equivalent of a Stern home pin.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

And in Wisconsin you can use that pool 3 maybe 4 months out of the year . How much fun is that pool the rest of the year ?

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from JWJr:

...and remember: everyone_ has a hobby that they spend way too much $$$ on. Ours just happens to be pinball.

Could be worse could just buy season tickets to the Caps haha.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Could be worse could just buy season tickets to the Caps haha.

<--- former Caps STH (13 years)

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from JWJr:

<--- former Caps STH (13 years)

Haha, I had them for 2 years. I was just joking with you since I recognize you from the Caps forum.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-what-they-think-of-us/page/2?hl=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.