(Topic ID: 153730)

Is this what BLACK mirror blades are supposed to look like?

By Ckykedworld

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mpatricksp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TV_Gallery_(resized).JPG
    HRP_TAF_Black_(resized).jpg
    Blades_-_No_Flash_(resized).JPG
    PS_1096_SARCASTIC_COMMENT_(resized).jpg
    20160302_130920_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I just received these black mirror blades from Pinball decals.com to me they look blue is this the correct color for black pinblades?

20160302_130920_(resized).jpg20160302_130920_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

...try peeling the protective adhesive off.

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

LOL

#4 8 years ago

i wondered if it had that. I hope so because i felt sick when i saw them. I have some regular mirror ones and they didnt have a coating.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

No. That can't be it

#6 8 years ago

Lol thanks guys. I will try it when i get back home.

christy

#7 8 years ago

surely you jest

#9 8 years ago

oh man, will i ever live this down

#10 8 years ago

lol My parents bought one of those digital travel scales and were pissed because it was "broke" and only showed one weight no matter what they had in their suitcases. lol I handed them the sticker and said, "this weight?"

#11 8 years ago

Funny shit right there! Heres your sign

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

lol My parents bought one of those digital travel scales and were pissed because it was "broke" and only showed one weight no matter what they had in their suitcases. lol I handed them the sticker and said, "this weight?"

hahahaha

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Funny shit right there! Heres your sign

Yes, i deserve it today lol

#14 8 years ago

On a serious note once you install them update the thread with pics. Im sure they are going to look pimp.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

On a serious note once you install them update the thread with pics. Im sure they are going to look pimp.

i hope so. They are for my addams family so i think the black will look better than regular mirror. (after i take the film off )

#16 8 years ago

Can you post a few pictures once you have them installed?

#17 8 years ago

yes absolutely. I am concerned about them being tight and hard to raise playfield up and down after install so i might wait a little bit. I have a couple more mods to install first (swamp lights and bumper cap light rings)

#18 8 years ago

many people hang open file folders over the side and in between the space between the playfield and the mirror blades before raising/lowering the playfield to provide some level of protection against accidentally rubbing one of playfield sides against the face of the mirror blades.

PS_1096_SARCASTIC_COMMENT_(resized).jpgPS_1096_SARCASTIC_COMMENT_(resized).jpg
    alternatively, you could just leave that rockin' blue protective plastic on them to keep them from getting scratched

#19 8 years ago

here is a comparision as I use to make and sell them in Aus (this was the photo of the backside as the good sides always has a protective film and backside not as mirror like)

Blades_-_No_Flash_(resized).JPGBlades_-_No_Flash_(resized).JPG

black mirrors look great in TAF - sold quite a few sets to Hot Rodded Pins for restores

HRP_TAF_Black_(resized).jpgHRP_TAF_Black_(resized).jpg

#20 8 years ago

<alternatively, you could just leave that rockin' blue protective plastic on them to keep them from getting scratched

That certainly is an option haha. I did spring for the extra felt strips to put on the sides of the playfield so maybe they will do the trick.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

here is a comparision as I use to make and sell them in Aus (this was the photo of the backside as the good sides always has a protective film and backside not as mirror like)
    Blades_-_No_Flash_(resized).JPG
    black mirrors look great in TAF - sold quite a few sets to Hot Rodded Pins for restores
    HRP_TAF_Black_(resized).jpg

WOW i hope they look that good. SWEET!

#22 8 years ago

I have a set stashed away for my creature restore and ghostbusters. They look great and an awesome addition to Tron as well.

They are not full bling but enough to highlight and reflect lighting glow.

will check back in to see if yours have the protective coating.

#23 8 years ago

As much as I hate to dredge up one of my not so fine moments lol. I checked last night and on the other side there was a white coating and it will peel off and be beautiful black mirror blades. Lesson learned hahaha Thanks guys

#24 8 years ago

are you sure that you didn't order white non-mirror blades? if so, you just ruined them by stripping off that glorious coating

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

are you sure that you didn't order white non-mirror blades? if so, you just ruined them by stripping off that glorious coating

#26 8 years ago

This is a great thread, everyone getting a laugh, but nothing getting stupid out of hand. Having said that, some games the black ones are amazing. I only have one black set in ACDC BIB, they work with that color scheme, I think you'll be super happy. Pictures after of course!

#27 8 years ago

It's all good,I have done some funny stuff also over the 15 years I have been in the hobby,much worse than this,enjoy those blades,very nice

#28 8 years ago

Anxious for the pics.... Please make sure you also post'em at the club thread!

#29 8 years ago

LOL funny thanx needed a laugh!
    You cheered up my day dude
    Pics when installed please!

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ckykedworld:

<alternatively, you could just leave that rockin' blue protective plastic on them to keep them from getting scratched
    That certainly is an option haha. I did spring for the extra felt strips to put on the sides of the playfield so maybe they will do the trick.

Be aware the felt may cause it to be too tight. I like the Manila folder idea a few posts up.

#31 8 years ago

Reminds me of this TV I returned. No matter what channel I turned to it had the same advertising on the screen.

TV_Gallery_(resized).JPGTV_Gallery_(resized).JPG

#32 8 years ago

Too soften the issue, and share last weekend....

My son, a new driver, has told me the AC on his car doesnt work.
    After pestering me a couple weeks, we drop off at our favorite car service place.
    They call back a couple hours later...its been on the lift, they have checked everything,
    inserted thermometer, checked pressure, etc.
    Well my son, Andy, is worried he is going to have a big bill, and the answer was, he needed
    to push the AC button in, Lit, to get cold air!
    He gladly excepted the dumb ass of the year award in jest!

Nothing like the "I got a pin that dont work question?" only to find out the trouble shooting is it was never turned on!

#33 8 years ago

I had a good one a few years back. Bought a UPS and hooked it to one of our main computers. Problem was every time we had a power bump the stupid thing would go down. Pulled the UPS out to return it to Office Depot and low and behold it had this big yellow sticker across the top that said.

STOP Plug in the battery. I still haven't lived that one down.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-what-black-mirror-blades-are-supposed-to-look-like and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.