Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by nicoga3000
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

250749.jpg
    41S8YcRXGML.jpg
    $_12.JPG
    IMG_4798.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider motorbreth77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have never used that. I have used both Mothers Pure Carnauba wax, and Blitz. I have to say, Blitz is awesome! definitely using that from now on. Also, I have found that simple green is much better for removing black ball swirls than alcohol. Use it with a magic eraser. The swirls come off much faster and you don't risk taking up any of the paint in the process.

I would be careful with Simple Green.
    It is capable of removing paint, especially with a magic eraser.
    I have a 5gal jug I mix up for cleaning purposes,
    I have had paint removed from an old floorjack I was degreasing, All I used was diluted simple green and elbow grease.

The return springs for the jack were soaking in diluted simple green and the paint bubbled and scabbed off just like paint stripper.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have found that simple green is much better for removing black ball swirls than alcohol.

When something works 'really well' at cleaning a painted surface, usually it is due to removing
    the paint that is holding the dirt rather than the dirt from the paint.

I'm not trying to come off as a know it all,
    Just be careful when using chemicals on a painted piece of wood.
    cheers!

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

All I know is, I have used both (alcohol and green) on two early SS games (Big Game and Strikes and Spares) I definitely saw some paint show up on my magic eraser when using alcohol, and didn't see anything but dirt on my eraser when using Simple Green. I didn't go crazy and try and rub super hard, I just used a back and forth motion and immediately wiped the area down with a dry microfiber towel, and it was spic and span in no time.
    Do you have a preference on removing those pesky ball swirls? I am still new to this stuff, so I am always looking for new tips

Hey if it works and ya dont see paint, use it.
    I was just letting you know that simple green does have the power to remove paint which surprised me as well.
    I thought it was just a environment friendly mild cleaner/degreaser.

As for any tips on ball swirls and playfield cleaning/repair,
    read Vid's guides. (Posted above...) -Dude is legit...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider motorbreth77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-wax-ok-to-use?tu=motorbreth77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.