New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 112508)

Is this the most drama-drenched month in Pinside history?

By 27dnast

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by 27dnast
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Biggest drama month in pinside history?”

• Undoubtedly 57 votes
      79%
    • Not even close 3 votes
      4%
    • On par with the rest 12 votes
      17%

(72 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    speak-see-hear-no-evil.jpg
    cringe.gif

#1 5 years ago

This has been nuts...

Stern releases a TWD Prem.

Heighway pinball has Alien issues.
    Dutch Pinball goes from looking like King to Court Jester.
    JJ comes back with a new Hobbit playfield.
    17 WOZ sold all needing repairs out of the box?

I'm sure I'm missing something.

I'm not a big fan of the drama threads...but man-o-mighty some of these threads have been crazy...some are borderline scandalesque due to their touchy content (and understandably so). I feel for fellow collectors that have been affected by some of these issues. First world problems, yes...but it still can sting nevertheless.

Makes me wonder, is this like the perfect storm?

#2 5 years ago

cringe.gif

Here we go again... hold on to your butts...

#3 5 years ago

So you start a drama thread about drama threads

QSS

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

QSS

I was once asked at work to give an estimate on how much time I spend on estimates.

( Sent out my resume later in the week )

#5 5 years ago

Yes.

#6 5 years ago

Yes, and it's not even over yet. There will be more before the week ends.

#7 5 years ago

Maybe you should see what is happening in Sydney Australia and get a little perspective

#8 5 years ago

Mr. Personality of PPS has to be saying: "Thank you Jesus" right now.

#9 5 years ago

seems to be a banner month for threads about how much drama there's been this month.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

QSS

I know... LOL. Oh the irony

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Maybe you should see what is happening in Sydney Australia and get a little perspective

I see... Terrible news.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I see... Terrible news.

Sorry, I was a little harsh

#13 5 years ago

You forgot a little more drama..
    Apologies to Jpop and the original depositors, but sorry, he's never coming out with any meaningful productin of RAZA or AIW,.. and very likely either MG..
    Predator?
    Yes, it's crazy...
    Basically, so many of us are on a ship of fools journey... and oddly enough JJP will be the only one to come through the next 6 mos..

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

You forgot a little more drama..
    Apologies to Jpop and the original depositors, but sorry, he's never coming out with any meaningful productin of RAZA or AIW,.. and very likely either MG..
    Predator?
    Yes, it's crazy...
    Basically, so many of us are on a ship of fools journey... and oddly enough JJP will be the only one to come through the next 6 mos..

Spooky, newest in the game.
    With a game shipping and getting good reviews.

#15 5 years ago

and the month is not over!

#16 5 years ago

There will be 10k times more drama by Christmas

#17 5 years ago

The OP has a valid question. Look at it from the standpoint from a hypothetical NIB Pinball Holding Fund. Would you (we) buy 5 top edition machines of the next 5 Pinball releases from Stern / JJP / DP / etc? Do you wish you had bought 5 of each top edition for the last 5 NIB Pinball releases?

Agree there's some drama in the OP but jeesh it's just an opportunity to respond with something dramaless.

I think it's worth a dramaless thread when the ~$9k choices right now are TWD PE, ST PE, TBL (lul had an uninitiated refund today), WoZ 75th, and Hobbit Smaug Golden (pre ordered today). I mean thank Jeebus there's a forum like this with large participation. But totally worth getting clinical/intellecutal about it when it's $9k pre order cost for machines with clauses that include "features to be announced" and "subject to change"! But then that's why they're fully refundable...

2nd post on Pinside.

#18 5 years ago

i will just play what i have and enjoy them all.

#19 5 years ago

Most of the drama is coming from the same place (besides me) - the utter lack of business acumen and marketing / communication skills displayed by the boutique manufacturers. Couple that with the inane behavior by the pre-order community and it's nothing but an endless shit show. If people would just stop pre-ordering then companies would be forced to find real financial backers who would activate professional project managers, set real deadlines, timelines and budgets. But instead it's the same cycle. Everyone rushes to pre-order because nobody wants to be left out (i mean, how many of these people even need another pin?)...then those same people bitch when the games are delayed. Oh, and did I mention almost every game is delayed and everyone who pre-orders has to know that or is living under a rock.

It's just a real shame that pinball is in the middle of an incredible resurgence and almost every new company that has popped up to push the innovation forward, drive competition and add something new to the mix has fallen flat on their ass (besides spooky). So here's to the year of being frustrated far more than elated.

#20 5 years ago

#21 5 years ago

speak-see-hear-no-evil.jpg

#22 5 years ago

I just bought my first machine about 5 weeks ago when I joined the forum. I have to say, this place is drama city and I don't know half of what's going on around here.

#23 5 years ago

This month shows that Pinside really is the center of the pinball universe. People come here for good or bad news.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm sure I'm missing something./blockquote>

Nucore/Pinbox dilemma

#25 5 years ago

image.jpg
    #26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I just bought my first machine about 5 weeks ago when I joined the forum. I have to say, this place is drama city and I don't know half of what's going on around here.

Pinside is a fantastic resource for learning about the hobby, games, meeting collectors, buying/selling, and getting tech assistance. Definitely don't be dissuaded from using it --> it just so happens that you are definitely seeing one of the more bizarre drama runs in recent history.

#27 5 years ago

As far as definitive pinball forums, Pinside is it as far as I can tell.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Pinside is a fantastic resource for learning about the hobby, games, meeting collectors, buying/selling, and getting tech assistance. Definitely don't be dissuaded from using it --> it just so happens that you are definitely seeing one of the more bizarre drama runs in recent history.

I'm not discouraged. I've gotten help with some small issues over the last few weeks from some very knowledgeable people that helped me fix my machine. There are some really smart tech guys / gals around here!

I'm just surprised at how much drama surrounds the pinball industry. It all seems to be caused by the dumb pre-order model and vendors trying to take advantage of a community that obvious has disposable income.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm not discouraged. I've gotten help with some small issues over the last few weeks from some very knowledgeable people that helped me fix my machine. There are some really smart tech guys / gals around here!
    I'm just surprised at how much drama surrounds the pinball industry. It all seems to be caused by the dumb pre-order model and vendors trying to take advantage of a community that obvious has disposable income.

This is highly unusual... almost crazy.

This thread was more or less meant to be humorous... but look at the numbers... clearly a lot of folks think the last 3 weeks or so have been over the top!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 59.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 5.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 53.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 89.99
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 6.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 199.99
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside