FB_IMG_1476485092359.jpg
image (resized).jpeg
trailer-park-boys-t-shirt-bubbles (resized).jpg
bubble-burst (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
greed (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
TheEnd (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Saveleaningtower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago

Well if it is, I sure am glad I sold most of my stuff off to get a beach condominium.

But I would say YES for the following reason - I think remakes will be the killer. What kept this hobby growing was the quest for that sweet original limited MM, AFM, CC, .... Then someone comes along and builds a modern version of the game that has huge differences in platform and most don't care anymore which is original and which is a remake. Too few think it matters. To me it does but I sit in the small minority, maybe because I took on the quest 15 years ago to get my MM.

But the new guys in the hobby could care less. So if all the popular titles like MM, CC, MB, AFM, ... get remade, then it will all crash. Remakes will fetch 5/8 of what they sold for new and originals will probably get an extra 1/8 from nib remake prices, and that will only be if they are in nice shape. If not, they will sell for the same price as a used remake or slightly less.

This doesn't even include the flood the market is about to experience.

I am glad I got out.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Most of us are players first and collectors second

And that is how the new folks in the hobby have changed it. Guys like me were collectors and players.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

original all the way

Yes. I am not sure where it got lost but I really believe this younger Millennial generation just doesn't respect history, nostalgia, music, their elders, ..... They just want everything cheap or free and they could care less if it is remade, copied, fake, stolen (as in the case with movies and music illegally downloaded from the internet), ..... Last night my girls got a lesson in music history. The You Don't Own Me sampled version with the obligatory rap came on the car radio. I quickly turned it off and pulled up the original version on youtube and played it through the car's audio Bluetooth. My girls, 5 and 8, were amazed how much better it sounded, how classy Leslie Gore was in the video from the sixties, and how what they were hearing on the radio wasn't original. This is what society is evolving into - We will take the old stuff and make it new again because that is what is easiest. But here is an idea - Use your brains to come up with something NEW!!

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

luxury hobbies like ours tend not to correlate to the broader economy. there was no pinball crash in 2007, and that was the largest recession since the great depression.

are you sure about that? i don't remember it that way

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

10,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Saveleaningtower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-the-bubble?tu=Saveleaningtower and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.