View topic image gallery

44DE0F48-99F6-49E1-8DC5-D28F3DDCAA22 (resized).jpeg
DC8F56ED-42D0-4E7E-BD03-6A4466C93057 (resized).jpeg
7EBAEA4C-E8A0-4C1C-B47E-E21FAC755B0B (resized).jpeg
6379F719-852C-459C-A46A-994A6E06A636 (resized).jpeg
E23933FB-7176-42F0-B3C8-D6D4E9E0A7BB (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

Is this pallet too small?
It's pin-specific but not Super-Pin-specific.
Thanks.

6379F719-852C-459C-A46A-994A6E06A636 (resized).jpeg6379F719-852C-459C-A46A-994A6E06A636 (resized).jpegE23933FB-7176-42F0-B3C8-D6D4E9E0A7BB (resized).jpegE23933FB-7176-42F0-B3C8-D6D4E9E0A7BB (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

I think that is fine. I would wrap the legs up in a thick blanket, stand them up next to the game, she grabbed the coin box, wrap that in the towel, put that on the top of the folded back box, put corner protectors around the game, wrap it all with blankets, shrink wrap the blankets, and then ratchet strap to that palette in two directions with additional protectors where the strap touches the corner of the game.
I would then put a note on the front (bottom of the game) that says to "truck from this side only."

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I think that is fine. I would wrap the legs up in a thick blanket, stand them up next to the game, she grabbed the coin box, wrap that in the towel, put that on the top of the folded back box, put corner protectors around the game, wrap it all with blankets, shrink wrap the blankets, and then ratchet strap to that palette in two directions with additional protectors where the strap touches the corner of the game.
I would then put a note on the front (bottom of the game) that says to "truck from this side only."

Thanks for the quick/helpful response!

#6 2 years ago

To me, it looks like the head hangs over the pallet. If that's the case, I would say it is too small. TZ is expensive, and I wouldn't want to risk them ramming the head into something else to really pack the truck. Don't risk a 8k-10k or so pin on a questionable pallet.

#7 2 years ago

Looking at your setup I would definitely wrap that game. Inexpensive moving blankets from Harbor Freight and maybe a surrounding layer of cardboard with the appropriate labeling as to which side to truck just like the original box. A tip and tell is also a nice addition since it will indicate whether the shipment was tipped over.

Pinball manufactures use a 31X31 pallet so they can get 3 wide in semi trucks and/or containers heading overseas. This means the size of the pallet is the same size of the box. This means the various other freight traveling with your game can hit your game since the pallet and the games box are the same size. Transferring the game over to a standard larger 40X48 pallet allows more space around your game to help minimize the risk of other freight or forklift drivers damaging it. (This tidbit of information is courtesy of Hemispheres Amusements website).

#8 2 years ago

I think it is too small but I know not everyone has easy access to what they need.
Could you make or find a bigger /better one?
I like a 48x48 but consider a 36x36 to be a minimum.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

To me, it looks like the head hangs over the pallet. If that's the case, I would say it is too small. TZ is expensive, and I wouldn't want to risk them ramming the head into something else to really pack the truck. Don't risk a 8k or so pin on a questionable pallet.

Agree with what’s stated above.

I generally use around a 42x42” palette so there is absolutely no overhang. Overhang is your enemy. Some make go as far as to drop some cut 2x4s. On top of base skid-facing to guard against errant skids. 4” of protection should generally do it. If you are going with Beltmann, they’ve been reliable and handle precious cargo relatively well.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10 2 years ago

Thanks, all, for your input.
Head doesn't in fact protrude beyond the footprint.
Still too small?

7EBAEA4C-E8A0-4C1C-B47E-E21FAC755B0B (resized).jpeg7EBAEA4C-E8A0-4C1C-B47E-E21FAC755B0B (resized).jpeg
#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Thanks, all, for your input.
Head doesn't in fact protrude beyond the footprint.
Still too small?
[quoted image]

IMO, Yes. In the event you pad with foam, it will bleed off. I’ve documented an ironclad process here….

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brobras-pinball-talk-thread/page/21#post-6274749

#12 2 years ago

I put cardboard under the game so the machine doesn't rub on the wood ... would add some screws to the pallets ,the cross planks look worn. When you strap the game down you will probably pull those right out .

#13 2 years ago

Why not just get a bigger pallet to add buffer space as others have mentioned?

#14 2 years ago

I just had a nib cgc game come and it was a ~30x30 which IMO is too small . When shipping my personal games I use a standard pallet which is 40x48”. It gives lots of space and via Broba’s method of foam packing it still doesn’t over hang. They are typically free to find one.

44DE0F48-99F6-49E1-8DC5-D28F3DDCAA22 (resized).jpeg44DE0F48-99F6-49E1-8DC5-D28F3DDCAA22 (resized).jpegDC8F56ED-42D0-4E7E-BD03-6A4466C93057 (resized).jpegDC8F56ED-42D0-4E7E-BD03-6A4466C93057 (resized).jpeg
#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Jman44:

Why not just get a bigger pallet to add buffer space as others have mentioned?

Won't fit in his car. He needs to source one close to home so he can get it by walking.

LTG : )

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Won't fit in his car. He needs to source one close to home so he can get it by walking.
LTG : )

Time to rent a truck or call up a friend. Most shopping centers have some pallets discarded in the back.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Jman44:

Time to rent a truck or call up a friend. Most shopping centers have some pallets discarded in the back.

Yup, if the shipping company doesn’t come with a box truck and lift, then I’d use my trailer. Or put it all in the truck I pieces and wrap and strap at the shipping location. This is why paying for door to door delivery is awesome.

#18 2 years ago

Yes way to small in my opinion. Get you a skid and not a pallet that is full size and lay the game down flat and build a crate around it like Fort Knox. Good luck!!

John

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-pallet-large-enough-for-my-tz?hl=machinegunguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.